Photo

CONVERTIBLE CARS

15 replies to this topic
GTA_Addict_4
  • GTA_Addict_4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:45 PM

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I think this could be a great addition to the GTA vehicles system.

As I'm sure you are all aware, some cars in GTA4 are convertibles with their roofs already down. It's always annoyed me that you don't have a choice as to whether you keep the roof up or down, you just have to take what you're given.

What I suggest is a system similar to accessing the police database whilst in a police vehicle - where you have to stop the car, and then press L1, and you have to be stationary to do this. In this case, you could stop the car when in, say, a Manana with the roof up, and then press L1, and your player gets out of the car and unfolds the roof so the car now has the roof down. The whole process takes around 4 seconds (4 minutes of real time is more than enough realistically to take the roof down on a car).

However, if you are in a modern car, then the convertible roof process is automated and your player doesn't need to get out of the car, he just presses a button and the roof automatically folds up or down as seen with the Mercedes SLK Roadster.

The best would be if there was both a Turismo, and a Turismo Spyder, so if you want you can have a hard-top Turismo for just driving fun in all weathers, but also a Turismo Spyder which has a soft top roof which you can have up or down depending on the weather. After all, in real life, there is a Ferrari F430 Coupe with a hard top, and a Ferrari F430 Spyder with a soft top.

OK so the disadvantages of this would be:

Slightly longer loading times due to the increased data levels and number of cars now that some cars have convertible counterparts.

This option doesn't really have a POINT, its just pointless, you would never NEED this for completion of a mission.

But, this is just a cool feature that would be great for just cruising around for fun, so therefore I think it would be worthwile.

Your ideas/feedback?

Epicohnoes!
  • Epicohnoes!

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:04 AM

I dunno mate, it seems rather pointless. Unless the rain decreased the character's "comfort level" or something, there's as much of a point in this as the car washes in IV. If this were put in, it would probably be used only once for a mission. But, then again, it would up the realism just a little bit.

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Best Poster [Vehicles] 2015
    Best Poster [Vehicles] 2014

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (Epicohnoes! @ Apr 7 2009, 00:04)
Unless the rain decreased the character's "comfort level" or something...

Let's not get into Sims territory now. nervous.gif

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Ace

• Members
  • England
  • Best New Member 2009
    Most Helpful GTA Series 2009

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE (GTA_Addict_4 @ Apr 6 2009, 23:45)
This option doesn't really have a POINT, its just pointless, you would never NEED this for completion of a mission.

Not totally true. If it were to be added as a feature in the next game, it could be incorporated in a mission in some way. Eg; you're being chased and have a passenger (or vice-versa, you could be the passenger), they/you needs to shoot out of the car with an RPG to take out a vehicle, which would involve taking down the roof of the car. Just an example of a way it could be used, obviously it would never be a large feature, but it could be incorporated in the game in a small way to give it a point.

I would like to see this feature in the game though, it always struck me as odd that there was no option to change the state of the roof on convertible cars and I think that it would be a good little feature to add a little realism.

Ultraussie
  • Ultraussie

With Sexy Company of CowGirl69 :P

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:30 AM

It could have a ingame effect.
For example, leaving the roof up means its harder to break into the car, or you cant jump into it over the window-sill.
Also areo dyamics are better, but its possible for the roof to be wiped clean off the car in a crash or roll.
When the roof is down you can slide over the window sill, and you can do driveby's easily.
Also you can jump out quicker while the car is moving, and you can also jump onto another convertible and jack it.
Oh, wet weather will ruin the interior with the roof down, plus the car will eventualy fill up with water and drive very slow..

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:26 AM

I think it would make a nice little in-game feature. There's no point to Niko putting on a crash helmet if you stay stationary on a bike for long enough, but he still does it. The only thing I would change though is that all cars have an automatic soft-top.

While this may not be realistic, as all cars don't have one, it would save having two separate animations and would prevent you from having to leave your car.

nemesi5
  • nemesi5

Soloist

• Members

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:11 AM

I just want to be able to have a function where we can pull the soft top to the convertible and then put it back. Simple & Easy smile.gif

racerxr2
  • racerxr2

Live for speed player

• Members

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:23 AM

It would be pretty good. Imagine you had a mission where you had to steal an expensive car and you got someone to drive a convertible then you jumped from that to the car you had to steal.

SociopathGaming
  • SociopathGaming

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

I think this would be a GREAT idea as a mission feature. You could be the passenger in a convertible, and roll down the top and jump onto the top of another car, then shoot through the top and kill the driver. Anyone agree? icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

platinumlexus
  • platinumlexus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

4 year.thread revival

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:48 PM

I hope it's a feature that is still in the game. We saw it in the very first trailer but not since.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:48 PM

lol

Even thou, why is anybody against OPTIONS??!

KeithoMahony
  • KeithoMahony

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

We already seen a convertible being used to catch Jimmy in one of the trailers.

danny41294
  • danny41294

True City Killers Don

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (SociopathGaming @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 14:37)
I think this would be a GREAT idea as a mission feature. You could be the passenger in a convertible, and roll down the top and jump onto the top of another car, then shoot through the top and kill the driver. Anyone agree? icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

He says 4 years later lol. I love when that happens

c903jerk
  • c903jerk

Make GTA V For PC!!

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (GTA_Addict_4 @ Apr 6 2009, 23:45) This option doesn't really have a POINT, its just pointless, you would never NEED this for completion of a mission.
Not totally true. If it were to be added as a feature in the next game, it could be incorporated in a mission in some way. Eg; you're being chased and have a passenger (or vice-versa, you could be the passenger), they/you needs to shoot out of the car with an RPG to take out a vehicle, which would involve taking down the roof of the car. Just an example of a way it could be used, obviously it would never be a large feature, but it could be incorporated in the game in a small way to give it a point.

I would like to see this feature in the game though, it always struck me as odd that there was no option to change the state of the roof on convertible cars and I think that it would be a good little feature to add a little realism.

The new game would maybe have this as seen in the first trailer,a car is getting it's roof opened.

xIIxFLAMERxIIx
  • xIIxFLAMERxIIx

The Shield Clan

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE (GTA_Addict_4 @ Apr 6 2009, 23:45) This option doesn't really have a POINT, its just pointless, you would never NEED this for completion of a mission.

The new game would maybe have this as seen in the first trailer,a car is getting it's roof opened.

xwcUPx0.jpg

• c903jerk likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users