Photo

Airport deathmatchs

54 replies to this topic
MrJohn666
  • MrJohn666

citizen erased

• Members

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE (Double_Deagle @ Apr 20 2009, 10:47)
Most people in this thread are talking about Xbox and PS3...which pretty much is the same hardware for everyone! blush.gif

But no!
Because Xboxes can be hacked! Therefore we can finally say that PS3s are better.
biggrin.gif

LOL-gasm!

Rachinator
  • Rachinator

GTAV Here we come!

• Members

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:12 PM

Dont worry, soon everyone will be hacked and then we'll all be one big bitchy family... except me though... i'm safe from mods cos i have my own to defend myself with, a guy can't kill me if i drop an annihilator and fly 2 boroughs over tounge.gif

SICKRAGE
  • SICKRAGE

-TώΪςτξD §˙ηDϊĮÅtε-

• Members

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (ChristopherD @ Apr 6 2009, 22:49)
I think it has to do with the never ending supply of n00bs...

I have to admit I loved the airport for the 1st cpl months I played. With its open spaces, DMs are quick, kill-kill-die-spawn....rinse and repeat.

This type of match provides new players still trying to rank up with the best chance at a high kill rate...

And more kills = more cash.

Your observations just show that you are a more subtle player than most and prefer a challenging and interesting match to the Airport "hack & slash" type match.

Oh yea...and I agree with you about urban warfare (in-game)...WAY more fun! I have been looking for and hosting matches on the far left island (been playing for almost a year and still can't remember the names of the islands...lol) and that island has so many nooks and crannies its rediculous! Makes for very interesting matches...even if I DO keep getting cought in dead-ends...lol cool.gif

wow dude, u use dm to rank up. heres a hint its gonna take literally 5 million killz 2 reach rank 10. gta5 will be out b4 that. u should consider a quicker method 2 lvl up. caugh hangmans noose caugh caugh .

Rachinator
  • Rachinator

GTAV Here we come!

• Members

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:46 AM

I didn't realise "Cough" Was Spelt "Caugh" biggrin.gif
But you have a point who uses DM to get ranks? Hangmans Noose, Bomb Da Base 2 and Deal Breaker are easy routes to rank 10

Prfctpersistent
  • Prfctpersistent

Your Royal Pain In The Ass =] Currently Ranking 9

• Members

Posted 01 May 2009 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (Bada Bing @ Apr 6 2009, 12:19)
Is it me or is there some kind of obsession with setting individual deathmatches at the airport. I haven't played that much but it seems alot of people choose the airport. I know, I know, it has helicopters. But really, the fun of deathmatch in my opinion is city warfare... being able to run up alleys and hide behind things, and if you're me, get shot dead from an impossible distance.

It is mostly because people like to mess about with the helis at the airport.

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2009 - 04:00 PM Edited by ChristopherD, 01 May 2009 - 04:05 PM.

QUOTE (SICKRAGE @ Apr 29 2009, 05:53)
QUOTE (ChristopherD @ Apr 6 2009, 22:49)
I think it has to do with the never ending supply of n00bs...

I have to admit I loved the airport for the 1st cpl months I played.  With its open spaces, DMs are quick, kill-kill-die-spawn....rinse and repeat.

This type of match provides new players still trying to rank up with the best chance at a high kill rate...

And more kills = more cash.

Your observations just show that you are a more subtle player than most and prefer a challenging and interesting match to the Airport "hack & slash" type match.

Oh yea...and I agree with you about urban warfare (in-game)...WAY more fun!  I have been looking for and hosting matches on the far left island (been playing for almost a year and still can't remember the names of the islands...lol) and that island has so many nooks and crannies its rediculous!  Makes for very interesting matches...even if I DO keep getting cought in dead-ends...lol cool.gif

wow dude, u use dm to rank up. heres a hint its gonna take literally 5 million killz 2 reach rank 10. gta5 will be out b4 that. u should consider a quicker method 2 lvl up. caugh hangmans noose caugh caugh .

Well, I am Rank 9...and I did it strictly with DM (and some racing, but that is even worse for ranking up!).

ALL DM, ALL the time! cool.gif

This is also why I think that you see so many Happiness Island, Assault Rifles, AA on, 30 minute matches. I can usually (or at least used to be able to) break $12,000 consistantly in these matches. You do this for a cpl months and you would be surprised how fast you rank up.

Although, I haven't played a match like that in 6 months. I very rarely play any AA on games anymore.

I have $1.2 mil left to get to Rank 10, but I honestly don't think that will ever happen since I spend more time trying to do new and interesting things and couldn't care less about rank (either Star OR leaderboards...although I got to 21 in DM before I stopped caring).

I am also playing more and more organized matches, which don't tend to make me much money.

Every Match I play now is either skill matches with sklled players or matches just for the LULZ! biggrin.gif

Oh yea...and I SUCK at coop matches (ask anyone around here...lol)! And I will never understand how anyone can play BBII 10,000 times in a row just to rank up!

shepzki01
  • shepzki01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:26 PM

I have to admit i'm rubbish without AA, although not really fussed these days. I play both kinds of matches now just to try and improve my skills.

I don't mind the airport, what I do mind is the cowards who take to flying around in a helicopter for the entire match. IMO if you wanna do that go play free mode and stay away from deathmatch.

EM1N3M.
  • EM1N3M.

GTA - Pilot.

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:52 AM

I love the Airport, especially when It's a half full room.
That's becuase I pretty much use the chopper a lot,
but I hate idiots driving the choppers just to f*ck about.
I don't blame the pilots (I am one of the pilots actually), but I hate the people that doesn't even know how to drive the chopper.
They should stay on ground imo.

human_nature42
  • human_nature42

Who'z To Know?

• Members

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:46 AM

I suck at trying to kill people in the helicopter.

One time it was about 10 of us in free mode killing each other and what not then someone came in, by the name of CHEERLEADER1989 (never will forget that name) and went directly to the annihilators she/he COMPLETELY OWNED ALL 10 OF US with the helicopter. She/he didn't run us over with the helicopter that person actually KILLED EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US with the guns on the helicopter. I was in complete shock after 5 of us over and over tried to shoot his/her ass down before she killed us again (she killed us like 5 times in a row) my friend went to go to a rocket launcher and tried to blow his or her ass up. After missing 4 times he finally got him/her the fifth time.

After that I was afraid because I thought she/he would re spawn and just kill us all with the SMG'S we all were equipped with but it turned out he/she totally sucked at shooting on the ground.

I even got her a couple of times (and I suck at the game.)

Funny ass story you should of saw us...

ph34r.gif

EM1N3M.
  • EM1N3M.

GTA - Pilot.

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:50 AM

Well, I do so too.
I like killing from air, it's actually fun.
But, it's not easy.
I usually host DM's, and I am in air and still end up like winner of the DM.

TheBruceter
  • TheBruceter

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 May 2009 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (Rachinator @ Apr 30 2009, 08:46)
I didn't realise "Cough" Was Spelt "Caugh" biggrin.gif
But you have a point who uses DM to get ranks? Hangmans Noose, Bomb Da Base 2 and Deal Breaker are easy routes to rank 10

LOL and its people that use this method that get totally owned out there icon14.gif Use to shooting npc's with AA totally rules dunnit? rofl

I went up to rank 6 or 7 with mainly playing Team Mafia Work, from there up to 9 with mainly TDM and races. Yeah the pussy modes get you the money (made over 1 mill in a week, wth lol) but it doesn't make you any better of a player. I'm about the same as Chris, 1.2 mill off Rank 10. Started hitting up TMW again (sitting 160 on boards, wish i checked where i was before i went to TDM's and races, doh) and when you play against 9's and 10's there (ones you regonise from the boards) you know fine well, they are skilled. I have noticed most don't play disallow though sly.gif

I think we should start setting up some disallow TMW biggrin.gif

3niX
  • 3niX

Lazy idiot

• Members

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:39 PM

Well...

Airport DMs... why? Because its the only place I get decent FPS.
tounge.gif

Bada Bing
  • Bada Bing

Never underestimate an old fool.

• Members

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:22 PM

I might take back what I said about hating airport deathmatchs.

Recently I've been hosting DM at airport with melee weapons. When I can finally get people to bite
and join in, it's good fun. It's kinda like free mode with an edge. Sure you can kill people, but you
can also do all kinds of other crap without fear of a M16 headshot. It's to the point now where I
don't even care about the score.

Hell, free mode is more violent than this way of playing! lol.gif

llCHARGERll
  • llCHARGERll

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:51 PM

Airport deathmatches is one of my favorites because I get lots of kills and no deathes devil.gif

ChristopherD
  • ChristopherD

D1RTY4L1FE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:50 PM Edited by ChristopherD, 21 May 2009 - 04:55 PM.

QUOTE (llCHARGERll @ May 21 2009, 09:51)
Airport deathmatches is one of my favorites because I get lots of kills and no deathes devil.gif

Wonder why, Flyboy... bored.gif

One time it was about 10 of us in free mode killing each other and what not then someone came in, by the name of CHEERLEADER1989 (never will forget that name) and went directly to the annihilators she/he COMPLETELY OWNED ALL 10 OF US with the helicopter. She/he didn't run us over with the helicopter that person actually KILLED EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US with the guns on the helicopter. I was in complete shock after 5 of us over and over tried to shoot his/her ass down before she killed us again (she killed us like 5 times in a row) my friend went to go to a rocket launcher and tried to blow his or her ass up. After missing 4 times he finally got him/her the fifth time.

Yea...another player like this is 'Your_Daughter'...

He/She has ruined my fun in LC many times and is another Elite Heli Pilot (that I f*cking HATE!) mad.gif

Bada Bing
  • Bada Bing

• Members

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (ChristopherD @ May 21 2009, 16:50)
QUOTE (llCHARGERll @ May 21 2009, 09:51)

Wonder why, Flyboy... bored.gif

Yea...another player like this is 'Your_Daughter'...

He/She has ruined my fun in LC many times and is another Elite Heli Pilot (that I f*cking HATE!) mad.gif

yet another, is someone that goes by "daddyslittlegirl" or something like that. No offense to women, but my
guess is they are dudes hoping other dudes will take them lightly and then they unleash their fury. If they are
chicks, hey, more power to 'em. As long as you got two hands and both thumbs, gender has no bearing.

MrJohn666
  • MrJohn666

citizen erased

• Members

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:46 PM

Actually both those users are Squirrels.

I know. I was surprised too.

mercie_blink.gif

SICKRAGE
  • SICKRAGE

-TώΪςτξD §˙ηDϊĮÅtε-

• Members

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:40 PM Edited by SICKRAGE, 22 May 2009 - 08:00 AM.

Man, I use 2 inlove.gif the airport. So much, that I had a gang called the Airport Mafia. But now, I have grown 2 inlove.gif Colony Island.
4v4, 10 min or $2,500, no AUTOAIM, assault rifiles, traffic parked or low, ped's off or low, respawn distance far, respawn time 5 sec.
And now, we are the *TS*
Thanx xXTS_Tech9_420Xx, retro213, and taliman001 icon14.gif

ScrewedYou
  • ScrewedYou

Giving grief the good way!

• Members

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:03 AM

I dislike the airport too. It's so overused. I get a bigger kick out of the city areas where you and your opposition get a chance to hide or have some cover and make it interesting.

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:18 AM

Anymore, Airport is good for a FM where you want everybody in the same area. People are more likely to stick around in the Airport than any other map save for Liberty City.

Other than that, I've been oversaturated. Every other FM is at the Airport and too many n00bs request Airport, AA on in games and even the Disallow crowd seem to mostly want to chopper blade you or think they are the only people in GTA who know where the sniper rifle is biggrin.gif

Colony Island is also my current favorite spot to play TDM. Prison is my true favorite, but since most people hate Prison and quit out, Colony Island wins. I always keep traffic LOW because it's great practice shooting people out of cars.

Bada Bing
  • Bada Bing

• Members

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (SuperJude™ @ May 22 2009, 08:18)
Anymore, Airport is good for a FM where you want everybody in the same area. People are more likely to stick around in the Airport than any other map save for Liberty City.

Other than that, I've been oversaturated. Every other FM is at the Airport and too many n00bs request Airport, AA on in games and even the Disallow crowd seem to mostly want to chopper blade you or think they are the only people in GTA who know where the sniper rifle is biggrin.gif

Colony Island is also my current favorite spot to play TDM. Prison is my true favorite, but since most people hate Prison and quit out, Colony Island wins. I always keep traffic LOW because it's great practice shooting people out of cars.

Not trying to whine about getting tuned up in free mode, but the last week of free modes at the airport have
been complete destruction. Occasionally someone will honk their car horn and let me jump in the car and
team up, but it's usually just a deadly adventure. To think of all those wasted kills in FM could have been
adding to my bank account in death match.... sarcasm.gif

MrJohn666
  • MrJohn666

citizen erased

• Members

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:52 PM

Then play Death match...

Bada Bing
  • Bada Bing

• Members

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (MrJohn666 @ May 22 2009, 14:52)
Then play Death match...

Well, um, I do play death match. I was just making a mere observation. No complaints.

J4ADM
  • J4ADM

Noob Driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:49 AM

I must admit I don't mind playing at the airport. The only time I'm ever there is in FM as there's rarely a TDM or such there when I'm in it.

Had probably the best time there yesterday, yes it was AA but was silly fun. After owning with the heli, must have got about 20 kills before I was taken down. So I went back for a heli to notice 2 guys were going for the RS. I flew to the bridge from alderney to algonq, sat the chopper down and waited for them to come. Managed to snipe them both haha. Recieved 3-4 hate mails, then the next 20mins was them both teaming up trying to kill me. Needless to say they were crap, didn't get 1 kill in about 20mins LOL

That is the reason I love airport

System Error
  • System Error

Oh yeah.

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:44 AM

No love for Charge Island?

I don't know what it is about that place, but when it's chosen, I tend to do VERY well. The cool thing about Charge is how fast paced the matches are. Compare it to Happiness Island; there, there's a nasty tendancy for you to get spawned either far away from the action or near someone who can kill you really easily. On Charge, you're always spawned in the middle of the action, so you can get right back to killing. The only hitch is it sucks in team - especially if you get stuck at dock. Most standard Deathmatches revolve around the area with the catwalks. It also means there's few, if any, idiots driving around in vehicles making...well, idiots of themselves.

The thing I don't like about the Airport are the spawn points. They're not "Happiness Island it takes forever to get back to the action even on Near and you'll probably die quickly anyway and if you're on team we'll respawn you into corners repeatedly" bad, but one in particular spawns you on the road outside. I hate it when I get spawned there. Getting spawned on top of stairs is also pretty annoying, since you pretty much need to get down to do anything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users