Quantcast

» «
Photo

Creationism or Evolution?

703 replies to this topic
General Goose
  • General Goose

Because Jeb Bush is all in my house with disease.

• Members

Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (bobgtafan @ Sep 20 2009, 02:13)
God created cells and after evolution ( when humans evolued into well humans) he give us a soul. The end to the debate.

No it's not. Noone knows whether God exists. If there was proof he existed, then maybe that might be a valid argument.

Xeon 
  • Xeon 

• Members

Posted 20 September 2009 - 01:43 PM

Well if the world was created 6000 years ago, as pure creationism states, and humans were always in the world since its creation, what about the dinosaur fossils that are hundreds of millions of years old?

Melchior
  • Melchior

I'm throwin stones at you man

• The Connection
  • Vietnam

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (Xeon  @ Sep 20 2009, 23:43)
Well if the world was created 6000 years ago, as pure creationism states, and humans were always in the world since its creation, what about the dinosaur fossils that are hundreds of millions of years old?

No one with any credibility would claim the world is 6000 years old. There are credible people who believe in Intelligent Design, and they have arguments like the irreducible complexity of certain bacterial flagellum. Argue against that.

Tobias Fünke
  • Tobias Fünke

Mister Fister

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Sep 20 2009, 15:12)

No one with any credibility would claim the world is 6000 years old. There are credible people who believe in Intelligent Design, and they have arguments like the irreducible complexity of certain bacterial flagellum. Argue against that.

Apparently, most scientists think that it's a load of horse sh*t.

Jackmackg
  • Jackmackg

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:12 AM

evolution is vary simple. look at your self and look at your parents. If you are different in any way then you have evolved. And that all that is.

other point. I don't know if there are any virologist out there. But these are the people who find out what virus do and make your vaccines. Saying evolution does not exsist to them is like saying rocks don't exists to a geologist. virus not being considered living things still have the main code that does make you who you are.

And it is hard fact that virus make changes/mistakes in there rna/dna/ect that make the product virus different from the original. or in other words it evolved. Same thing happens in people and animals. And if you dont believe me then its called google.

evolution is proven and is a fact that happens ever day.

Now i know this topic is about weather everything was created or evolved. How the universe is today im with the science way of how it explained. Whats going to happen in this topic is i know its going to get to the point ware people start arguing opinion's. So good bye people and have a happy day.

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:39 AM Edited by supermortalhuman, 21 September 2009 - 05:56 AM.

"Creation" was LITERALLY translated from a word later discovered to mean "ARRIVAL"

Armed with this, I have deduced: We did NOT evolve here but came here, and evolution is real. Evolution can NOT make A TRUE missing link to US because there IS NOT ONE on this planet. WE DO NOT COME FROM EARTH.

Spread the word. See ya.

Before you say "we would look different" or any other assumptive sh*t like that, know this: Your skin is not much different from your head to your toes, and there are animals of ALL kinds of varieties already on this planet - We come from Eden, Heaven. We come from Orion.

The f*cked religions on this planet RELY on you NEVER knowing the truth so you don't lose HOPE knowing we are stuck on a rock waiting for Zero Hour - The Apex Of The Moon.

The aliens are us, and that's why they make us scared of them IF we believe in them, and scared to believe in them at all - so you never realize: You Don't Belong Here.

The WORLD, it is NOT 6000 years old, rather, SOCIETY ON EARTH is 12000 years old. We got here 10,000 BC. And BigFoot wanted us to leave. And we didn't. And your brains are literally wired to refute this no matter how much evidence I give you people, so I won't be bothered to go on unless people seek me themselves. It is all your choice: From acceptance to belief, the choice is yours, but you know it kinda makes sense if you think about it.

Speaking of, what do you think about it?

Melchior
  • Melchior

I'm throwin stones at you man

• The Connection
  • Vietnam

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE (Tobias Fünke @ Sep 21 2009, 01:30)
QUOTE (Melchior @ Sep 20 2009, 15:12)

Apparently, most scientists think that it's a load of horse sh*t.

Of course it's bullsh*t. The parts of the bacterial flagellum have uses on their own - they can actually be reduced to less complex forms. I was just pointing out that arguing against people who think the world is 6000 years old is flogging a dead horse.

Asoyfy37
  • Asoyfy37

If you saw This Man, it is no dream.

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2009 - 12:39 PM

Only Evolution. Did any of you, my crazy friends, ever saw God and can prove it? No. Why? Because there is no God. You all should wake up from your religious dreaming about God existens, and I think that I, a true Atheist, as someone who people want to be religious (because most of you are racist against my nation) can help you with that. Lets all say it all together: No to the stupid God theory. No to God. Yes to Evolution.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 October 2009 - 07:31 AM Edited by John The Grudge, 14 October 2009 - 07:38 AM.

There is no evidence to even suggest intelligent design. A lack of explanation for something does not qualify as evidence. There is however evidence to support the theory of evolution. There's simply no polite way to put this, the idea of a god and intelligent design is completely and utterly ridiculous. It boggles the mind that people can, given the evidence, arrive at the conclusion that a god is responsible.

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

Ghetto Star

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia
  • GTAF Premier League Predictions League 2016/2017 [3rd Place]

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (Asoyfy37 @ Oct 12 2009, 23:39)
Only Evolution. Did any of you, my crazy friends, ever saw God and can prove it? No. Why? Because there is no God. You all should wake up from your religious dreaming about God existens, and I think that I, a true Atheist, as someone who people want to be religious (because most of you are racist against my nation) can help you with that. Lets all say it all together: No to the stupid God theory. No to God. Yes to Evolution.

Ease the f*ck up buddy. It's possible to have faith in God yet believe in evolution at the same time, you know.

Now I'm a Christian (yeah, go on, bitch about it, I don't give two f*cks about what your opinion on my beliefs are). I believe that an immortal deity above us created the universe. Yeah, that's right. I believe that it was true. Is it because I'm brainwashed? No, it's because I chose to settle on that thought through my own research, talking with both Atheist and religious friends and through making a decision myself. But, that's not the point about what I'm talking about.

I believe that God created the universe but I also believe in evolution. I'm not one of those ultra-hardcore religious zealots who thinks that the world was literally created in a few days, and I'm neither stupid nor blind and can see the proofs of evolution occuring, through fossils of dinosaurs and humans and sh*t like that.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (Stefche @ Oct 14 2009, 11:26)
QUOTE (Asoyfy37 @ Oct 12 2009, 23:39)

Ease the f*ck up buddy. It's possible to have faith in God yet believe in evolution at the same time, you know.

Now I'm a Christian (yeah, go on, bitch about it, I don't give two f*cks about what your opinion on my beliefs are). I believe that an immortal deity above us created the universe. Yeah, that's right. I believe that it was true. Is it because I'm brainwashed? No, it's because I chose to settle on that thought through my own research, talking with both Atheist and religious friends and through making a decision myself. But, that's not the point about what I'm talking about.

I believe that God created the universe but I also believe in evolution. I'm not one of those ultra-hardcore religious zealots who thinks that the world was literally created in a few days, and I'm neither stupid nor blind and can see the proofs of evolution occuring, through fossils of dinosaurs and humans and sh*t like that.

The whole idea of god is just plucked out of thin air. After all these years somebody has yet to produce one single piece of evidence or viable scientific theory to support it.

How is it possible that "research" could bring you to the conclusion that god exists? Do you know something we don't? Simply saying god exists without backing it up doesn't cut it.

Fair enough you don't seem to be one of these loonies that deny dinosaurs existed but perhaps your belief in a god is based on a basic human fear rather than research. Or perhaps you were raised in a religious household as many are.

Peace.

Mad Tony
  • Mad Tony

Commisioner

• Members

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (John The Grudge @ Oct 14 2009, 16:17)
Fair enough you don't seem to be one of these loonies that deny dinosaurs existed but perhaps your belief in a god is based on a basic human fear rather than research.  Or perhaps you were raised in a religious household as many are.

Why all the assumptions?

Perhaps, you know, he looked into it and decided that's what he believed in? That's certainly the case with me. It annoys me when atheists (not all of course do this) go around telling religious people they only believe in it because either they're scared or they come from a religious family.

You know I think what General Goose said in the other thread was spot on. We don't know, and there is no way of knowing.

Debating the existence of God IMO is pointless because neither side can win.

Leftcoast
  • Leftcoast

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:08 AM

True enough, not to mention the whole argument is moot since one can simply argue that an omnipotent god could simply make the world look as if evolution happened. So either way, we reach pointlessness.

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

Ghetto Star

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:57 AM

I can understand that if, one day, it's proven that God doesn't exist, then I won't be surprised. But it's just instilled in me as a personal belief that I think there is a deity up there who is looking out for us. It's just a natural feeling, and even if I declare myself a full Atheist/Agnostic, I'll still have this notion, or "fear" that there's something watching over us.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 October 2009 - 07:12 AM Edited by John The Grudge, 15 October 2009 - 07:17 AM.

QUOTE (Mad Tony @ Oct 14 2009, 23:06)
QUOTE (John The Grudge @ Oct 14 2009, 16:17)
Fair enough you don't seem to be one of these loonies that deny dinosaurs existed but perhaps your belief in a god is based on a basic human fear rather than research.  Or perhaps you were raised in a religious household as many are.

Why all the assumptions?

Perhaps, you know, he looked into it and decided that's what he believed in? That's certainly the case with me. It annoys me when atheists (not all of course do this) go around telling religious people they only believe in it because either they're scared or they come from a religious family.

You know I think what General Goose said in the other thread was spot on. We don't know, and there is no way of knowing.

Exactly, there's no way of knowing. So how can looking into it bring one to the conclusion that a god exists? For the record I made no assumptions. I merely suggested that perhaps there were other reasons for his beliefs than simply research.

The very fact that there's no way of knowing kind of proves that religion is a farce. People are worshipping gods that nobody, not even the pope, can be sure even exist.

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

Ghetto Star

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (John The Grudge @ Oct 15 2009, 18:12)
I merely suggested that perhaps there were other reasons for his beliefs than simply research.

Yeah, it's called gut feeling. Sometimes you simply can't change it, no matter how hard you try to convince against it.

Mad Tony
  • Mad Tony

Commisioner

• Members

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (John The Grudge @ Oct 15 2009, 03:12)
The very fact that there's no way of knowing kind of proves that religion is a farce. People are worshipping gods that nobody, not even the pope, can be sure even exist.

Not really. All it proves is that religious people can't definitely say whether it's true while atheists can't definitely say it's false.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Mad Tony @ Oct 15 2009, 14:17)
The very fact that there's no way of knowing kind of proves that religion is a farce.  People are worshipping gods that nobody, not even the pope, can be sure even exist.

Not really. All it proves is that religious people can't definitely say whether it's true while atheists can't definitely say it's false.

So basically the strongest argument in religion's favour is that nobody can prove it isn't real? suicidal.gif Then this debate is pointless.

Mad Tony
  • Mad Tony

Commisioner

• Members

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (John The Grudge @ Oct 15 2009, 14:43)
QUOTE (Mad Tony @ Oct 15 2009, 14:17)
The very fact that there's no way of knowing kind of proves that religion is a farce.  People are worshipping gods that nobody, not even the pope, can be sure even exist.

So basically the strongest argument in religion's favour is that nobody can prove it isn't real? suicidal.gif Then this debate is pointless.

Depends who you talk to. The strongest argument against religion is that you can't prove it, but then again, you can't disprove it either. And yes, it is a rather pointless argument and I said why earlier.

General Goose
  • General Goose

• Members

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:22 PM

I believe that proving God (at least in a conventional, physical form, some define God as a force or spirit) exists is not impossible while alive, just beyond humanity and especially if he is as powerful as religions portray him.

However, that is if God exists. Proving he does not exist IS impossible.

And proving he does exist is probably impossible as well, if he does exist.

Thus, stop arguing over religion. Stop killing over religion. Killing other creations of your God that he created and the fact he may not exist(and almost definitely doesn't in the form you are fighting for) both hold a pretty strong argument against any form of religious prejudice or war.

Asoyfy37
  • Asoyfy37

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:37 PM

Religious people do crimes with the help of their religion. Atheists dont. People sacrificing, suiciding and murduring just because they say (and they know it's not true) that their religion / God wants it. And no matter if those religious people kill or not, they always make money from it. Why they cant just live in peace like the Atheists and belive in what are they belive without doing crimes?

Mad Tony
  • Mad Tony

Commisioner

• Members

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (Asoyfy37 @ Oct 15 2009, 16:37)
Religious people do crimes with the help of their religion. Atheists dont. People sacrificing, suiciding and murduring just because they say (and they know it's not true) that their religion / God wants it. And no matter if those religious people kill or not, they always make money from it. Why they cant just live in peace like the Atheists and belive in what are they belive without doing crimes?

Err, some people use religion as an EXCUSE for their crimes, but it's just like blaming a video game or a movie really. And it's not like atheists don't commit crimes either. You're extremely ignorant.

General Goose
  • General Goose

• Members

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:09 PM

Indeed. Atheists commit crimes, and while religious people often use their religion as a justification or incentive for their crime. And while it makes their crimes no less horrendous, the non-religious reasons for crimes tend to be more atrocious (like greed). But admittedly, using religion as a reason is hypocritical and ignorant, while greed for one, while selfish and abysmal, is human.

Asoyfy37
  • Asoyfy37

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (Mad Tony @ Oct 15 2009, 22:58)

Err, some people use religion as an EXCUSE for their crimes, but it's just like blaming a video game or a movie really. And it's not like atheists don't commit crimes either. You're extremely ignorant.

I'm not saying that all of the Atheists live in peace, I'm saying that the religious people cant. The religious people have to fight for something, always.

General Goose
  • General Goose

• Members

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:16 PM

Religious people CAN live in peace. A lot of religious folk actually use religion to promote charities, peace, culture and education, among other things.

Religion, while not the only means of doing so, often brings out the best and worst in folk.

Mad Tony
  • Mad Tony

Commisioner

• Members

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (Asoyfy37 @ Oct 15 2009, 17:10)
QUOTE (Mad Tony @ Oct 15 2009, 22:58)

I'm not saying that all of the Atheists live in peace, I'm saying that the religious people cant. The religious people have to fight for something, always.

If that's the case then why are there so many religious people out there who live in peace?

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:32 PM Edited by uni, 15 October 2009 - 09:34 PM.

In what point of view? If don't believe, for example, in the Christian God, you now you'll just die and "rest in peace" no matter what. If you do believe, you'll always live in fear of all the sin stuff, going to heaven or hell. How is that leaving in peace?

General Goose
  • General Goose

• Members

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:01 PM

MENTALLY living in peace is different to the type of peace we were referring to, which is not committing crimes, no violece, that sort of peace.

Mental peace often is an obstacle for both sides. Religious people do worry about how they will be judged, but as an agnostic I have a lot to worry about post-death as well. Is that it? Do those who were evil in life escape unpunished? Do children who die just go, no chance, no enjoyment from life? What if I'm punished for my lack of faith?

In my view, the only way to be truly mentally secure in this area is COMPLETE ignorance of anything religious. Which is almost impossible (usually the only people who "achieve" that die VERY young.)

Asoyfy37
  • Asoyfy37

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (General Goose @ Oct 16 2009, 00:01)
...the only way to be truly mentally secure in this area is COMPLETE ignorance of anything religious...

You dont have to celebrate Holloween and Cristmas or whatever you celebrating (dont know exactly your holidays), like I dont celebrate Pesah and Hanuka. If you dont live in a Muslim fanatic country, like Iran, then you can be and act like a complete Atheist. But I still have to fight religious people, because I have a personal revenge I have to do... But if the religion didnt hurt you phisicly, then you are, or at least you can be a free man.

Mad Tony
  • Mad Tony

Commisioner

• Members

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (uni @ Oct 15 2009, 17:32)
In what point of view? If don't believe, for example, in the Christian God, you now you'll just die and "rest in peace" no matter what. If you do believe, you'll always live in fear of all the sin stuff, going to heaven or hell. How is that leaving in peace?

I certainly don't live in fear lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users