Photo

GTA Philippines STREET OF MANILA

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
139 replies to this topic
jplip
  • jplip

PINOY CULTURE WARRIOR

• Members

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:45 AM Edited by jplip, 08 April 2009 - 05:30 PM.

WELCOME TO THE PHILIPPINES!!!
WELCOME TO MANILA...
Metropolitan Manila (Filipino: Kalakhang Maynila, Kamaynilaan) or the National Capital Region (NCR) (Filipino: Pambansang Punong Rehiyon) is the metropolitan area of the city of Manila, the national capital of the Philippines. Its residential population as of August 2007 Census is 11,553,427. Including suburbs in the adjacent provinces (Laguna, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan) of Greater Manila, the population approaches 20 million.[1] Metro Manila is one of the two defined metropolitan areas in the Philippines, the other being Metro Cebu.

In 2005, it ranked as the 42nd richest urban agglomeration in the world with a GDP of $108 billion according to PriceWaterhouseCoopers. Metro Manila is expected to climb to the 30th spot by 2020 with a GDP of $257 billion and an annual growth rate of 5.9%.[2]

As proclaimed by Presidential Decree No. 940, Metro Manila as a whole is the Philippines' seat of government although only the City of Manila is the capital.

"I say its time to step out of the Box"
Manila is a perfect Setting.. it is a City that has the same characteristics like Los Angeles and Miami.. It has a Glamourous and Rich extravagant side of the city while lies beneath its shadows are the Rough neighborhood of Ghetto slums, gangsters and has a Good story on Political Crimes and syndicates and Criminal organizations, crooked Cops, corrupt media and politicians etc..

MANILA is one of the Oldest city of ASIA.. it has a rich culture mixed of chinese, malay, japanese, spanish and western american influences.
Also GTA games are set in English language... If the setting is TOKYO or other Asian Cities. You won't hear people speaking in English that much.. Philippines is one of the best English speaking country.

here are some pictures of manila..

The Famous MANILA seaport
user posted image

the Old city buildings of Manila and POSH Villages near the city
user posted image

the famous MANILA BAY at night
user posted image
Sunset at Manila BAY
user posted image
the 3RD LARGEST MALL IN THE WORLD
MALL OF ASIA IN MANILA
user posted image
the Upscale makati City a part of Metro Manila
user posted image
user posted image

ICONIC PLACES
Fort Santiago.. a Spanish fortress dated way way back of time
user posted image
THE oldest street, the Preserved Intramuros Street
user posted image
user posted image
the LUNETA PARK or Rizal Park lies a Monument pf the National Hero of the Philippines on this site where he was Executed by firing squad by the Spaniards.. This is like the Central PArk of MANILA
user posted image
the CULTURAL CENTER of the PHilippines
user posted image
the Manila City HAll and clock tower
user posted image
the MANILA Hotel built in 1900's One of the oldest Hotel in Asia
user posted image

jplip
  • jplip

PINOY CULTURE WARRIOR

• Members

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:53 AM

the 400+ year old MANILA CATHEDRAL
user posted image
SAn AGUSTIN Church Manila built in year 1586
user posted image
CHINATOWN manila
user posted image
the EDSA (efifanio Delos santos Avenue) the Longest avenue that encircles the whole metro manila and the EDSA SHRINE of MARY where the Two People Power were Held ousting two PResidents of the Philippines
Millions of Filipinos prayed and hold hands for Change
user posted image
the Famous EDSA SHRINE the symbol of Peace and Hope of Filipino people
user posted image

and the HOOD!!!
the Infamous TONDO MANILA... Home of the Thugs, steetgangs, pickpocketeers, Robbers, thieves, killers, drug dealers, drug users, drug pushers, prostitutes The SLUMS... and destroyed Hope
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
a Filipino Gangster in Tondo inhaling Drugs infront of children
user posted image
user posted image
Housing PRojects on the Slums
user posted image
GANG KILLINGS in Tondo
user posted image
user posted image

UNUSUAL VEHICLES for Public transport
The COLORFUL Philippine Jeepney
user posted image
user posted image

jplip
  • jplip

PINOY CULTURE WARRIOR

• Members

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:55 AM

the XLT jeeps... Jeeneys with features of modeled cars, suvs etc
user posted image

PEDICABS of MAnila
user posted image

Manila Tricycles
user posted image
BUSES floods the streets of Manila
user posted image

HOPE YOU LIKE IT........

I ALREADY POSTED THIS SOMEWHERE but I would like to See more opinions on this

jplip
  • jplip

PINOY CULTURE WARRIOR

• Members

Posted 04 April 2009 - 12:05 PM

Despite some improvement in law and order, crime remained a major problem through the end of the 1980s. Police attributed the country's chronic crime problems to a variety of social and cultural factors. Widespread poverty and rapid population growth were frequently cited. Population pressures and a shortage of land and jobs in rural areas had produced a steady internal migration to the cities. This urbanization of a traditionally agrarian society was commonly mentioned as cause for increased crime rates. In particular, police pointed to the rapid growth of urban slum and squatter areas; more than 25 percent of the population of Metro-Manila (see Glossary) were thought to be squatters in the late 1980s (see Migration , ch. 2). Widespread possession of firearms--including automatic rifles--was another factor contributing to crime. Undisciplined private armies, usually maintained by local politicians and wealthy families, and numerous organized crime gangs were the biggest violators of firearms laws. The communist and Muslim insurgencies compounded the problem of proliferating guns and violence. Piracy and smuggling also were thriving criminal industries, especially in the southern portions of the archipelago.
According to the police, the incidence of serious crime escalated through the early 1980s, from approximately 250 crimes per 100,000 population in 1979, to a sustained level of around 310 during 1984 through 1987, then declined in 1988 and 1989. In 1988 the crime rate dipped below 300 crimes per 100,000 people, then fell dramatically in 1989 to 251 crimes per 100,000 citizens. Because of differing reporting practices and degrees of coverage, it was difficult to compare Philippine crime rates to those of other countries.
Government officials attributed the decrease in crime to improved police work, but economic conditions appeared to be as important. The deterioration in law and order during the early and mid-1980s accompanied a steadily worsening economy, whereas the improvement in the late 1980s paralleled renewed economic growth under Aquino. Not surprisingly, crime rates were highest in major urban areas, where unemployment was the highest. Regionally, peninsular southern Luzon, the western Visayan islands, and portions of Mindanao--impoverished rural areas where insurgents were active--had the most criminal activity in the mid-1980s.
Drug use and trafficking were growing problems during the 1980s, particularly in marijuana. Cultivation was geographically widespread, but the mountainous portions of northern Luzon and the central Visayas were the major marijuana-growing centers. During the late 1980s, another drug, methamphetamine, was fast becoming a narcotics problem. Known locally as shabu, it had generally been smuggled into the country, but domestic production expanded sharply in 1989 to meet growing demand. Coca cultivation was not significant in 1989, and there was no evidence of opium poppy cultivation or heroin manufacture.
The Philippines remained a center of drug trafficking and transshipment. Cannabis growers exported their product to Hong Kong, Japan, Australia, and the United States, and Philippine waters were routinely used by other smugglers as a transshipment point for Southeast Asian marijuana bound for North America. Manila's Ninoy Aquino International Airport, too, was used for transhipment of heroin and marijuana destined for Guam, Australia, Europe, and the United States. Production and trafficking of illegal drugs was accomplished by a variety of domestic and foreign criminal groups, notably Australian, American, and ethnic Chinese Filipinos. Communist insurgents also were involved in marijuana cultivation.
Corruption remained a serious problem in the early 1990s, and its elimination was one of the government's most vexing challenges. Despite persistent efforts, petty graft was commonplace, and high-level corruption scandals periodically rocked the government. As part of its continuing efforts to weed out official malfeasance, the government maintained a special anticorruption court, known as the Sandiganbayan.
Other government initiatives targeted corruption, crime, and terrorism. Peace and Order Councils at the national, regional, and provincial level were rejuvenated under Aquino. By regularly bringing together responsible government, military, and community leaders, the government hoped to improve the effectiveness of its anticrime and counterinsurgency programs. AFP and police commanders also attempted to address the problems of internal corruption and abuse, which, they admitted, undermined public confidence in, and cooperation with, the security forces. Top military leaders routinely publicized retraining programs, the discharge and demotion of scalawags in the ranks, and other measures designed to improve discipline. The military also mounted a counternarcotics effort, spearheaded by the constabulary's Narcotics Command. Government agents more than doubled arrests during 1989 and eradicated millions of marijuana plants, but they still found it difficult to keep pace with the growing drug trade.

jplip
  • jplip

PINOY CULTURE WARRIOR

• Members

Posted 04 April 2009 - 12:20 PM

HEI GTA fans,,, just to psyche things up... i am an Architect. and i have a friend who do 3D RENDERING
using 3D MAX
he made this Scene of the SLUMS of MANILA.. it look GTAishhh isnt it?

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

hope you guys like it... COMMENT any1

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:16 PM

My friend, rather than posting new posts to expand on your idea, please use the EDIT option to edit your posts to add those ideas. Double - or in your case, triple and quadruple posting is strictly forbidden here.

Ontopic, it seems like a nice setting, I really like the Private armies you mentioned in one of your posts, and in insurgencies, they'll make an ideal featured crime groupmuch later on in the game that transcends the gangs that the newer GTA's seem to never venture beyond. However, I highly doubt the Philipeans offers the needed racial, cultural and therefore crime organisation diversity of a modern first-world country that is required for GTA. There aren't black, white, Eastern European etc... gangs, just Phillipeano ones. And for most people, that'll be very tiresome and repetitive, as the main failure of the most recent GTA's in my opinion is no where near as much diversity as the older ones like GTA2 and 3. Reducing diversity is the very last thing I want.

autotheftisgrand
  • autotheftisgrand

Fries optional

• Members

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:34 PM

Even though I'm a true blooded Filipino. I have to agree with the poster above.

There's little diversity here. People here are primarily Asians. Though, you get plenty of Indians, Chinese, Koreans & Japanese.
Only a handful would be whites or blacks (Sorry for the small racist remark. These guys have too many countries. smile.gif )

Seeing that, the game's audience maybe reduced significantly.

Fementality
  • Fementality

Psychopath

• Members

Posted 04 April 2009 - 04:11 PM

Plz resize picture to a smaller one.

jplip
  • jplip

PINOY CULTURE WARRIOR

• Members

Posted 04 April 2009 - 05:32 PM

im sorry.. itz my 1st tym to post here. i dont know how to edit things here.

Anyway yah... no Blacks and Whites in the Philippines.
Its just a view...or uhmmm like a fantasy for me.

It may be interesting starting out in the slums.. starting out as a pickpocket or snatcher to small time roberry with your gang.. until becoming a professional Criminal and working for someone in the government
having Political Killings... doing jobs to take down rival politicians
serving as a hitman, bodyguard etc///

and maybe missions like taking down Terrorist and Insurgents to steal their weapons... its a way to Show support against These organizations

well.. im not really trying to say its a perfect setting.
but i say MANILA is way better than other asian cities that i read in other Threads
like SINGAPORE- I've been here and the city is too small, no crime.. people are too afraid to commit crime here, law is too strict. and ethnicity is much more not diversified
JAPAN.. tsk men. I've been here also.. I did not even use my mouth here. No one freakin understand english.. Girls are CUTe...yeah.hehe but all i see are this Bland skined
Jappie boys revvin their supra and skylines... acting like thugs. their funny. i dont wanna play a game wherein all i see are chinky eyed Anime looking men

bone2_pac
  • bone2_pac

xD

• Members

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:54 AM

[COLOR=red]hehehe nc mod biggrin.gif

cornguy
  • cornguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:26 AM

One of the best things about gta is the world they create that parallels ours with alot of jokes about pop culture. If you pick somewhere like the philipines, all of that will be lost for everyone except people from the philipines, nobody else will get any of the jokes or references.

tetris11
  • tetris11

Tetrisius Elevenus

• Members

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:34 PM

I gotta say, Manilla has got the exactly the right kind of mix to be a GTA game.

Its got certain scenes that look like Liberty City. Its sunny enough to be Vice City, and its got beaches and harbours. The slums would be really interesting to walk through, but I wouldn't know why the player would stick around too much in there...maybe to run across the rooftops?

The traffic looks intense! But I doubt the R* will be able to capture that very well. If they do; Pile UP CITY!!

FiliGTAFan
  • FiliGTAFan

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:03 PM Edited by FiliGTAFan, 06 April 2009 - 06:11 PM.

Lol, I would love for a GTA game to be set in Manila! And that isn't just because I'm Filipino myself.
But I agree that since Manila isn't very diverse then it is unlikely.
Maybe R* should make a city with references to Manila and Philippines, there should be filipino gangs and stuff like that. biggrin.gif
EDIT: I found this pics a while back so I thought I may as well show them here since they are relevant:
Just a fake box art
user posted image
This one reminds me of those different girls that R* have for each GTA game ie. Lola Del Rio in GTA IV and that girl holding the martini drink in GTA Vice City.
user posted image

Francis115
  • Francis115

Pinoy ModderZ

• Members

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:47 PM

Wow Pre, Thats awesome dude, especially the 3d models, this idea started at 2007, and i started one, but u, jplip, is great, u dude make a hard work, can we post to pinoy modders site? www.pinoy-modders.webs.com

ung 3d, pede natin gawin map, and reborn Grand Theft Auto Philippines STREET OF MANILA as you said

i make a team long time ago called pinoy modders, but every pinoy that can mod is a pinoy modders, not my group, but ours

Visit The Pinoy Modders' Site Para mo makita mga gawa na mods, at WIP
nice one huh pm me , or add me [email protected]

btw, dont complain about the pictures is too big, sorry for you, u have small screens

user posted image

user posted image

jplip
  • jplip

PINOY CULTURE WARRIOR

• Members

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:51 AM

Yeah.. UHm THE SLUMS would be a good starting Point of
the GAme. Like this will be the place where you will start
dealing small sachet of Drugs.. buying cheap weapons..

There should be PAWNSHOPS.. then you can steal Bags, cellphones, jewelries and get them Pawned
for a quick cash

Uhmm.. GTA games should not only focus on GANGS and Mafias etc

We can also use the COncept of PRIVATE ARMIES and POLITICAL WARS.. Where
Politicians Make their way to the Top and Connecting themselves to Criminal ORGs from
different Countries like in Hongkong, Taiwan china and malaysia where their main business
are Drugs, Piracy, Smuggling, human trafficking to Earn more money to fund their
Riches and Armies..

Crooked Police and Military Generals can also be characters here.. Maybe Rival Generals
One is at the Good Side.. One at the Bad where he uses his power to wield Money and influences
then you are Caught in between them.

he FRANCIS.. Hindi po ako yung gumawa nyan. Ni Refer lang sakin
sa Cg pinoy forum.. meron daw model dun na parang SLUMS gawa ng Architect.. kaya tnignan ko

Francis115
  • Francis115

Pinoy ModderZ

• Members

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:36 PM

yeah, btw kung pede hingi ka sakanya ng copy tapos, pede ko gawin map sa san andreas as mod, but where should i put it

can you mod?

jplip
  • jplip

PINOY CULTURE WARRIOR

• Members

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:39 AM

Sir.. Here is the Link. you can Join their forum and PM him.
http://www.cgpinoy.o...oaded-t2331.htm

BTW.. How nice if we can create our own GTA type of Game and MAnila ang setting.
I know we have many talented Filipino animators who also works
with big companies like Pixar.

Dr.Killa
  • Dr.Killa

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:22 AM

i like it but the problem is its just gonna phillapinnos, no diversity

jplip
  • jplip

PINOY CULTURE WARRIOR

• Members

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:31 AM

Well Not Just Filipinos..

Filipinos differs in colors due to their
Ethnicity and Ancestral background

there are Caucasian and Mestizo looking Filipinos
from AMErican and Spanish mix..

there are black err african american Filipinos that were became
descendants of american Soldiers during the World war2 and
Visiting Forces of the u.s for over 2 decades

there are the usual Tanned skinned Filipinos
the Dark Skinned Filipinos..

Filipinos with Chinese blood.. where Chinese from the mainland
migrated to the Philippines during the 16th to 18th century

There are many Filipinos who have the features of
Indians or hindus.. Japanese and Pacific islanders.

Koreans, taiwanese, chinese, malays, indians, americans are
all present in the Philippines

autotheftisgrand
  • autotheftisgrand

Fries optional

• Members

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:22 AM

Ayun nga eh. marami tayong diversity. pero it's not exactly the same ratio right? Example, halata naman na mas marami yung mga Tsinoy kaysa sa Fil-Am eh.

There should be a balanced equilibrium towards the diversity issue.

I'm just saying that it isn't an ideal place. pero hindi ko naman sinasabi na hindi ko kayo suportado.

Just a little criticism here and there smile.gif

jplip
  • jplip

PINOY CULTURE WARRIOR

• Members

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:40 PM

Yeah it may not be the best location overall,,

But in my opinion due to facts and figures and perspectives

MANILA is the best Setting in Asia...

Tokyo sucks!
Singapore so peaceful no Crime
Hongkong too Small
Kuala lumpur blah boring
China.. uhmmm you cant drive their cars. their not durable
Korea...etc etc

All you will see are Chinky eyed people.. Not that diversified and there will be
no substance if the setting will be based on those cities

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:58 AM

QUOTE (jplip @ Apr 10 2009, 11:40)

Tokyo sucks!
Hongkong too Small
Kuala lumpur blah boring
Korea...etc etc

All you will see are Chinky eyed people.. Not that diversified and there will be

Yeah, coz we all know Phillipeanos aren't chinky-eyed gooks as well.

You're hate and denial concerning you're own ethnicity is disgusting, and it is those attitudes which will forever make you subserviant to other races and people who you'll view as superior to your own.Classic colonial attitudes which are unfortunately sticking to this day - like all those brown Indians ans Pakistanis painting their faces white abd calling themselves Aryans.

Oh and don't get me started on the Iranians, and even us Arabs. f*ck, I really shouldn't get too worked up by Chink Fong here calling other gooks chinky-eyed. At least that attitude is getting me cheap clothes here in the West.

jplip
  • jplip

PINOY CULTURE WARRIOR

• Members

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:16 AM

Im talking about how the game will be..

Coz As they say.. it will be repetitive seeing the same person. Even if they are not the same

streetthug
  • streetthug

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (jplip @ Apr 4 2009, 11:53)

and the HOOD!!!
the Infamous TONDO MANILA... Home of the Thugs, steetgangs, pickpocketeers, Robbers, thieves, killers, drug dealers, drug users, drug pushers, prostitutes The SLUMS... and destroyed Hope
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
a Filipino Gangster in Tondo inhaling Drugs infront of children
user posted image
user posted image
Housing PRojects on the Slums
user posted image
GANG KILLINGS in Tondo
user posted image
user posted image

UNUSUAL VEHICLES for Public transport
The COLORFUL Philippine Jeepney
user posted image
user posted image

Nice pictures out there. I would love to hang around in that Community
itz so Ghetto and rugged.
I thought Phillipenes is more of beaches and sun.

Nice rides

autotheftisgrand
  • autotheftisgrand

Fries optional

• Members

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (streetthug @ Apr 12 2009, 19:41)
<snip>

Nice rides

Yeah, it's even more ghetto than those compared to the ghettos of U.S.A.

This is why our country isn't going to go anywhere. We follow the saying "Bahala Na" which means "Let God have his way",
it corresponds to the laziness of the Filipinos.

jplip
  • jplip

PINOY CULTURE WARRIOR

• Members

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (autotheftisgrand @ Apr 13 2009, 13:01)
QUOTE (streetthug @ Apr 12 2009, 19:41)
<snip>

Nice rides

Yeah, it's even more ghetto than those compared to the ghettos of U.S.A.

This is why our country isn't going to go anywhere. We follow the saying "Bahala Na" which means "Let God have his way",
it corresponds to the laziness of the Filipinos.

Yeah your Right.. THe Government is not just the problem. But also
the People.

streetthug
  • streetthug

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:14 PM

hei i'have been searchin for filipino gangsters. and this one came out
its a lil bit interesting.
Your country also makes Pirated guns. thats cool. So no need for smugglin ak-47 or mack 10 from
anywhere eh

i found this pictures of a guy who i think is a gunsmith or gunmaker. he starts from scrach. cool bruh
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

hitman4hire_47
  • hitman4hire_47

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:18 PM

This is a great idea pare, manila is the perfect place for GTA base on asian country.
I hope R* consider this concept and idea, I hope they make an interest in our country.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (D- Ice @ Apr 11 2009, 01:58)
QUOTE (jplip @ Apr 10 2009, 11:40)

Tokyo sucks!
Hongkong too Small
Kuala lumpur blah boring
Korea...etc etc

Yeah, coz we all know Phillipeanos aren't chinky-eyed gooks as well.

You're hate and denial concerning you're own ethnicity is disgusting, and it is those attitudes which will forever make you subserviant to other races and people who you'll view as superior to your own.Classic colonial attitudes which are unfortunately sticking to this day - like all those brown Indians ans Pakistanis painting their faces white abd calling themselves Aryans.

Oh and don't get me started on the Iranians, and even us Arabs. f*ck, I really shouldn't get too worked up by Chink Fong here calling other gooks chinky-eyed. At least that attitude is getting me cheap clothes here in the West.

yeah philipinos actuallt not all of them look chinese. Some look more Chinese others look more burmese (Indianish) other malaysian. What you have heard about china and south asia is a steriotype. Philipinos IMO look very different. Their accents are cool.

Nikkola bellic,Belgrade,Serbia
  • Nikkola bellic,Belgrade,Serbia

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:36 AM Edited by Nikkola bellic,Belgrade,Serbia, 17 April 2009 - 09:39 AM.

I would love to see it in Manila smile.gif
somebody metioned ghettos of usa?haha lol.gif
sure there are Whole south america/africa/east europe/south asia is ghetto
I think racist people who speak like that in north west are spoiled,weak and live too easy and don't know sh*t
or even meaning of word "ghetto"
To racists only, no intended to normal people there

In anyway

Tokyo sucks!
Hongkong too Small
Kuala lumpur blah boring
Korea...etc etc

How to f*ck would you know what sucks and what not
do you live there?no??than why not just shut to f*ck up

Its not ignorant and retarded opinion that is the problem,its actually believing in it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users