Photo

Re-texturing Camouflague

2 replies to this topic
JonieTurnock
  • JonieTurnock

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:44 AM

Hi im tring to create a camo set with the starter itms in the game already have camo trousers as standard and have created a flat png of the leather jackets with the blue tracksuit in camo and the leather as normal. i think it luks gud with gloves hat and boots id also like to turn one of the tracksuit bottoms into a camouflage colour i saw a pedestrian walking with a similar model in game and it looks pretty authentic. ive extracted the png of the top edited it in photoshop then reinserted it all using open iv. I didnt extract and make the wtd file seperate and then replace the origional as i dont know of a tool. Could anyone plz tell me what step ive missed?

1. opened playerped.rpf with openiv
2. found the top i wanted (uppr_diff_000_b_uni.wtd)
3. right clicked and edit
4. saved image
5. re textured blue tracksuit into a camo top.

6. reopened player.rpf and again to edit on upper_diff_000_b_uni.wtd
7. replaced image (png)
8. closed upper_diff_000_b_uni.wtd
9. rebuilt archive and closed playerped.rpf

then satrted game and nothing happens but adding a new m4 texture and that worked fine before, added a dessert eagle after trying my own skin and that worked so ive clearly missed something. A little help would be much appreciated.

JonieTurnock
  • JonieTurnock

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:00 AM

NVM origionally when creating the png i didnt flatten the image to 1 layer just had to edit the layers to 1 in open iv. check it out.
granted the hands do have fingernails close up but will do for now.
user posted image

JonieTurnock
  • JonieTurnock

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:04 AM

sorry messed up last post!
user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users