of the month
Welcome to the April edition of the Short Story of the Month Competition. New month, new theme, awesome room for magnificent stories. Last month was a magnificent turn out, thank you to all who entered and may I extend my congratulations to the winner. Without further ado, onwards we go. Best of luck to everyone!
- Stories should be 'short', which is open to your own interpretation; just remember, people here have to read them, so length is only an issue as far as readability goes! The guideline would be between 1000 and 2000 words, although anything shorter or perhaps even longer is acceptable.
- Once completed, pieces must be both posted in Writers' Discussion and PMed to me with a link to the piece for reference.
- Pieces must be submitted by the 24th of April in order for voting to take place.
The Previous Winners
Title: Madhouse Blues
Title: The Cuban-American Frankfurter Wars
Title: "That Man Named Francis"
Theme: Loss of a Loved One
Author: The Unvirginiser
Title: The Best Christmas Present I've Ever Had!
Theme: Christmas Horror
Author: Struff Bunstridge
Title: All Is Darkness
- Please be advised that it is strongly encouraged to make a separate topic for competition entries. It is not required, but know that separate topics will only do good in that they are easier to recognize, organize, and will get more attention.
- Due date on pieces this month, I repeat, is the 24th of April, which leaves us the customary seven days of voting. On the 25th, voting will have already begun and pieces for April will no longer be accepted.