Photo

Just finished GTA 4. Now what?

22 replies to this topic
fed-B
  • fed-B

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:44 PM

I heard everybody say that the game takes about 60 hours to finish. I did it on 32 hours, probably because using the taxi ride most of the time. lol

I think the game was too easy.

But now what? what happens after? nothing?

If i play again making diferent decisions the ending will be diferent? mercie_blink.gif

TheBruceter
  • TheBruceter

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:24 PM

30 hours to complete the story and you get a trophy/reward. I'm currently at 24 1/2 and on the mission to nab Gracie and her pink feltzer biggrin.gif

You could try and go for 100%. And yeah there is that last decision which alters the way the story ends.

Also online rules inlove.gif

Dillinger8
  • Dillinger8

Kush

• Members

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:50 PM

Lots of Hangman's NOOSE, Dealbreaker, and Bomb Da Base II online. It's awesome.

ScratchCard
  • ScratchCard

Arc.

• Members

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:52 PM

Not much to do after you finish it. You can go out with friends, multiplayer and go for 100%, but not much besides it.

TheBruceter
  • TheBruceter

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE (Dillinger8 @ Mar 30 2009, 13:50)
Lots of Hangman's NOOSE, Dealbreaker, and Bomb Da Base II online. It's awesome.

Yeah thats if you want to level up fast and be a noob... lol

80k till lvl 9 and played like about 5 games of each, but well i'll be playing them like hell when i hit 9 just so i can hit that big 10. Means nothing though, mainly everyone is an AA nub anyways lol

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (fed-B @ Mar 30 2009, 12:44)
I heard everybody say that the game takes about 60 hours to finish. I did it on 32 hours, probably because using the taxi ride most of the time. lol

If i play again making diferent decisions the ending will be diferent? mercie_blink.gif

exactly. lifespan about 1 day tounge2.gif

The GTA Guy
  • The GTA Guy

The Frisker

• Members

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:58 PM

32 hours??? I did it on first time in 25 hours... And my second time 23 hours. It isn't even hard to get Liberty City Minute achievement/trophy...

Hullkaru5
  • Hullkaru5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:12 PM Edited by Hullkaru5, 30 March 2009 - 06:14 PM.

QUOTE (The GTA Guy @ Mar 30 2009, 17:58)

If i play again making diferent decisions the ending will be diferent?  mercie_blink.gif

32 hours??? I did it on first time in 25 hours... And my second time 23 hours. It isn't even hard to get Liberty City Minute achievement/trophy...

Yea, I got Liberty City Minute too and I used cheats and/or taxi only in the end of the story. After finishing the story you can still play multiplayer and complete the achievements. These 2 things will keep you busy for many hours. Beside them, you can have fun in SP using mods and stuff. This topic may help you a lot:

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=400858

And yes, if you play again making different decisions the ending will be diferent.

ScratchCard
  • ScratchCard

Arc.

• Members

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (Hullkaru5 @ Mar 30 2009, 18:12)
QUOTE (The GTA Guy @ Mar 30 2009, 17:58)

If i play again making diferent decisions the ending will be diferent?  mercie_blink.gif

Yea, I got Liberty City Minute too and I used cheats and/or taxi only in the end of the story. After finishing the story you can still play multiplayer and complete the achievements. These 2 things will keep you busy for many hours. Beside them, you can have fun in SP using mods and stuff. This topic may help you a lot:

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=400858

And yes, if you play again making different decisions the ending will be diferent.

Only the last decision changes the end.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:17 PM

I don't understand people who rush through it that fast, especially on the first time. If you approach it like a list of jobs I'm not surprised it doesn't seem fun. Skipping with the taxi ALL the time seems like trying to avoid playing GTA.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:53 AM

I feel no sympathy for people that rush through a game, and try to think of what they could do next. It's your fault for not taking your time really.

On my first run through IV I finished it in about 40 hours, but was over a few weeks, and on my 2nd run I done it in about 60 hours.

Mzeppelin
  • Mzeppelin

The Don

• Members

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:54 AM

Yes the ending will be different. And I'd say beat it 100% first before beating it again.

foohy
  • foohy

New username. Member since 11/30/'07.

• Members

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:15 PM Edited by foohy, 31 March 2009 - 04:22 PM.

You may not find anything TO do after the story. Some people, I guess, just have problems with being creative in this game and think it's repetative. Me? I have endless fun blowing things up and jumping off buildings because it's never the same thing twice. And every once in a while something really surprisingly will happen. Once I drive a cheat-spawned car off a building and hit a light poll just before I hit which slowed my car down a LOT. The now slowly falling car barely nugged an old lady who fell flat on her back and flailed her arms and legs for a second remindign me of a backed turtle lol.gif Goood times...

Also when you play through the story don't rush it. My first playthrough I went fairly fast and I was kinda let down like you "what now?". Later I beat it again and ended up with a total time of 50 hours I think. I did all the missions in a more logical order. When some called and said "get here quick!" I did. I played the story logically and slowly completing side-missions along the way. It was awesome!!! Really made me appreciate all that R* put in the game smile.gif

I just moved from Europe to USA and whenever my stuff gets here i'm going to play through again as a mean guy...blowing off friends, killing everyone that you get to choose, making mission car chases as long as posible, etc. I can't wait devil.gif

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:36 PM

depends on what entertains you the most.

1st time i rushed thru the game.

nowadays i take my time, trying to avoid taxis, using no map/hud/auto-aim, etc.

paying attention to any conversation, even taking out kate until her speech is equal to claude's. yeh, u can try different decisions, too.

the multiplayer i liked a lot when i first went there, i'm at level 8 now but got no mo' ambition. i'd like to have another gta-story-game.

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:11 PM

Play TLAD?

Oh.. wait..

ScratchCard
  • ScratchCard

Arc.

• Members

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:38 PM

GTA IV is boring. Story is only fun to play through once, and the free roaming gets old faster than it should.

ThePhenom92
  • ThePhenom92

Call me Angel

• Members

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (foohy @ Mar 31 2009, 16:15)

You may not find anything TO do after the story. Some people, I guess, just have problems with being creative in this game and think it's repetative. Me? I have endless fun blowing things up and jumping off buildings because it's never the same thing twice. And every once in a while something really surprisingly will happen. Once I drive a cheat-spawned car off a building and hit a light poll just before I hit which slowed my car down a LOT. The now slowly falling car barely nugged an old lady who fell flat on her back and flailed her arms and legs for a second remindign me of a backed turtle lol.gif Goood times...

Haha I can just imagine that. Anyways I agree, unless you aren't that creative, you can't have friends over or go online, the game after the story sucks. I say have a friend over and just have a competition of some sort. Funniest death, jump out of a moving car into on coming traffic, jump out of a helicopter while being low and at high speeds, or just rate each others death which goes back to funniest death.

In this game you can do things you will never(hopefully)ever do in real life in New York City with a realistic effect. So do random things, jump off of buildings, go online, have a friend over. The options are limitless.

xt0ny
  • xt0ny

Whoa

• Members

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:46 AM

Finished first storyline playthrough in 20 hours. I regret it so much. The game is like a FREAKIN' chore now!

Dr Tres Fort
  • Dr Tres Fort

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:52 AM

You may not find anything TO do after the story. Some people, I guess, just have problems with being creative in this game and think it's repetative. Me? I have endless fun blowing things up and jumping off buildings because it's never the same thing twice. And every once in a while something really surprisingly will happen. Once I drive a cheat-spawned car off a building and hit a light poll just before I hit which slowed my car down a LOT. The now slowly falling car barely nugged an old lady who fell flat on her back and flailed her arms and legs for a second remindign me of a backed turtle  Goood times...

I agree icon14.gif
I finished the game months ago, and it took me ages to finish the story(because after each 2-3 missions I go explore the city), but I still play this game all the time, everytime I get a new idea, or I just go f*ck around the city, you have to be creative, the other day I saw a video in youtube of some great stunts, jumping on a exploding cars, it's kinda hard to do cuz you have to shoot the car and jump at the exact timing, and when you do it you will appreciate it much more than just watching it on youube.

why did you get bored ? because you don't play a game for fun, you play it like it's a job, you just finish the game, you try to be the first ranked in multiplayer games, WIN, yes that's what you supposed to do, but how do you do it ?

The best part in this game is that you have all liberty city to f*ck with with your friends on multiplayer (number of ideas x number of players).

perfectpitch
  • perfectpitch

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (Mzeppelin @ Mar 31 2009, 01:54)
Yes the ending will be different. And I'd say beat it 100% first before beating it again.

Your kidding me right??? WHERE EXACTLY is the fun in going through Liberty City shooting pigeons??? I've beaten the game twice and even I won't go there - Where's the fun???

SERIOUSLY???

cimt
  • cimt

[★] TCD

• Members

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:54 PM

That is incredibly long to complete the story. It took me 19.

You could buy TLaD if you're on 360. If not, I recommend just playing online and making up your own games with people. It can add a lot of fun to the game.

foohy
  • foohy

New username. Member since 11/30/'07.

• Members

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:36 PM Edited by foohy, 01 April 2009 - 03:40 PM.

QUOTE (ThePhenom92 @ Mar 31 2009, 20:12)
Funniest death, jump out of a moving car into on coming traffic, jump out of a helicopter while being low and at high speeds, or just rate each others death which goes back to funniest death.

In this game you can do things you will never(hopefully)ever do in real life in New York City with a realistic effect. So do random things, jump off of buildings, go online, have a friend over. The options are limitless.

Exactly! One time when I had a friend over we spent a good 2 hours just bailing out of a helicopter very low to the ground along that long road beside middle park! Mauling cars with Niko's flailing body biggrin.gif then dying and watching the helicopter crash into traffic in slo-mo B&W. GTAIV is amazing...

why did you get bored ? because you don't play a game for fun, you play it like it's a job, you just finish the game, you try to be the first ranked in multiplayer games, WIN, yes that's what you supposed to do, but how do you do it ?

I agree with you aswell. Trying to complete everything is what makes the game boring...I tried for a while to get 100% in IV until I realized I wasn't really having any fun shooting pigeons. The highest i've gotten in a GTA game was 88% in San Andreas...and I got there on one save file over the course of...well...from when it came out to when IV came out.

fed-B
  • fed-B

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:09 PM

hmmmmmmm...... so my 32 hours means that i am an inconpetent!! lol tounge2.gif

I work too much, so that 32 hours took me more then 2 months!! now you see why I chose using the taxi most of the times. I diddnt want to finish the game in 2010! lol

I am going to beat it again and go try the multiplayer biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users