Anyone still having freezing issues?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic
Hafitz
  • Hafitz

SERIOUS PC GAMER

• Members

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:12 PM

Hey guys!! Finally, i am happy with how GTA IV runs now...Though i have only 875mb of virtual memory..i can still run the game on almost high after the 1.3 patch without freezes anymore..i've also realised that using a stock speed of CPU helps prevent freezing for the game...here are my settings..before and after the patch to run the game in a stable state.

1.2 Patch

Resolution :1680x1050

Texture Quality=Medium
Reflection Resolution: Very High
Water Quality: Very High
Shadow Quality: Very High
Texture Filter Very High

View Distance: 20
Detail Distance:30
Vehicle Density: 50
Shadow Density:16

Definition: off
V-sync: On

Video Memory: 561/875Mb

After 1.3 Patch

Resolution :1680x1050

Texture Quality= High
Reflection Resolution: Very High
Water Quality: Very High
Shadow Quality: High
Texture Filter Highest

View Distance: 38
Detail Distance: 100
Vehicle Density: 100
Shadow Density:16

Definition: off
V-sync: On

Video Memory: 973 /875Mb

As you guys can see..the ones highlighted in red are the ones which has been increased..i've pushed it to more than what my Gtx295 can handle..But i've been playing for the past 7 hours without freezing...and get a constant frames of 40 to 50fps..the lowest fps i got was 32fps...which is still ok for me cuz it only drop to 32fps once in a while.. I'm glad that this patch allows me to run the game on High Textures...Sacrificing the shadow to from V.High to High is not an issue for me...cuz it still looks good overall..

I also realised that when i turned off the video Capture in the game's option..it smoothen out the gameplay even further..u guys should try it! Finally! GTA IV pc looks Great!! Love the game!!! Well Done Rockstar!!

bartekxyz
  • bartekxyz

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲

• Members

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:29 PM

First - you could post your impression about patch 1.0.3.0 here: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=403690

Second - you could post your benchmark here: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=378412

Third - trick with turning off clip capture is as old as coal

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:34 PM

^ what he said.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users