Photo

Out of commission solution. PC only

48 replies to this topic
Captain_Obvis456
  • Captain_Obvis456

you're about to be inadequate

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (Cozmoz @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 08:13)
I'm also having this problem, I have re-assigned the key and am running FRAPS in the background showingf 56 FRAPS during this seen and between 56-54 the reswt of the time (it drops to 36 while speeding). Any advice would be appreciated.

You need to be recording with fraps, not just having it run in the background while you try getting in the helicopter.
This will bring your FPS to 30 and there shouldn't be much fluctuation in your FPS. 30 seconds are more than enough if you only have the free version. If it's not set to record at 30 FPS, set it to that.
From what I understand there is so much happening during this part that the the game can't load the game fast enough so it causes lag and when you're pressing the space bar, it doesn't register, or doesn't register right.
Does it look like it's lagging when you're trying to climb up?
That's what was happening to me.
Reassigning keys makes no difference

Captain_Obvis456
  • Captain_Obvis456

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

Still people are finding this issue so I figured I'd bump this. I guess that other guy in this thread could have finished his own mission instead of having someone else do it.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (Captain_Obvis456 @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 17:50)
Still people are finding this issue so I figured I'd bump this. I guess that other guy in this thread could have finished his own mission instead of having someone else do it.

Why not? confused.gif

Karjerker
  • Karjerker

Let's Be Bad Guys

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

It is probably safer and fairer to say that with FRAPS that it works for most users, but there are always users who will not experience the benefits of slowing down their processor(s) sufficently to make any real difference. There is no perfect solution - there never is - but FRAPS is well-known for providing at least one means to complete the missions. I think it is necessary to point out that machines are evolving and within them are faster processors, better memory cards and more intense graphics cards ... the point is, FRAPS is a program which works under certain specifications and as machinery and technology moves forward, FRAPS either keeps up with it or it fails to do the job it is intended to do. And when that happens, we see problems - such as it not working at all. I'm sure its an issue that ANY person here who has ever used a PC has encountered ... the old problem of a well-loved program no longer working.

For me, a lot of my older 32 bit software no longer works under 64-bit, so I am having to re-tool my utilities collection. FRAPS is no different.

~ Karjerker

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

FRAPS doesn't works. Due to this, everyone chose XBOX and PS3. I am waiting for the release of patch 1.0.8.0 which should have this fix. confused.gif

Captain_Obvis456
  • Captain_Obvis456

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE (Dr. John13 @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 06:06)
FRAPS doesn't works. Due to this, everyone chose XBOX and PS3. I am waiting for the release of patch 1.0.8.0 which should have this fix. confused.gif

Well......
I'm wondering why Rockstar is telling people who contact them to do this, cause they are. If you read the whole thread, plus a whole lot of other threads about this it's helped an awful lot of people.
And to the guy who said "why not?" If the guy just wanted to do the last mission himself, he could have. At least he could have had the option of trying it I have also said it's not a 100% fix for everyone, but it helps a lot of people out.
And this has been happening since the game came out.
There have been 7 other patches out that didn't patch this and I bet the next one won't either.
I didn't have it until the third patch.
And since I upgraded my computer I don't have to use Fraps anymore.
So saying it doesn't work is just wrong.
Did you try it and it didn't work?
Did you do it right? Some people don't record when you jump up to the helicopter. If you don't, it doesn't work.
Did you try it a few times. For some, it takes a few times.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (Captain_Obvis456 @ Thursday, Apr 12 2012, 14:09)
Did you try it a few times. For some, it takes a few times.

I've done it from the first try. confused.gif

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

I have tried but in vain. sad.gif

Giradox
  • Giradox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:27 PM

f*ck me what piece of sh*t this mission is. I tap space like crazy, using the index fingers to get it fast as f*ck. But no, he just moves a little, and the camera angles keep changing or some sh*t instead of anything happening. Then the mission fails and he falls into the sea. I don't get why Rockstar stopped bothering making games for PC.

JAY007S
  • JAY007S

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:04 AM

It was so frustrating trying to figure out how to climb up the helicopter when pressing ''SPACE BAR'' didnt work no matter how fast you press niko just would not climb up the helicopter. So I finally did it with the FRAPS glitch and it WORKED! colgate.gif
Fiirst time I did it and I was like yessssss but didnt know how to fly the helicopter that well so I fell in the water lololol. So yea just want to say thanks for this thread icon14.gif

da_el
  • da_el

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

fraps works fine.

and if the bug is not there it is not hard to get in the chopper. for all those ppl who wrote "try faster" and "for me it was easy" ..

yeah it is, if there is no bug.

just turned fraps to 30 and put the resolution down to 1280x720, as suggested.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

Works fine for me. I dont need Fraps to get in heli. I just tap rapidly space and I get in. TIP: Dont let go of space bar and keep it down just push up and down really fast. Or. Break half of space bar on keyboard (Not literally break. Just try to take it off the keyboard. I did it once and now I cant put it back on and now only one half works) and then rapidly tap it. (My IV has 1.0.7.0 patch)

baz133
  • baz133

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

this fraps solution worked for me biggrin.gif

I hit f9 just before the helicopter scene frame rate went down to 30fps and climbed into the heli no problem

to everybody who says 'you just have to hit the button faster' are wrong it's a bug, without the bug no problem, with the bug impossible!

Many thanks to original poster smile.gif

lovekage19
  • lovekage19

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:39 PM

This is my first post on this forum. Hello smile.gif .

I have played GTA IV for some weeks now and I am stuck now.

I can not complete this mission it is simple not possible for me to do it.. either I crash my bike just before the helicopter or I getting hit by the Rocket Launcher while I am flying the helicopter.

I am so frustrated and I do not know what to do..

So I like to ask if there is a way to skip this mission?

The fraps thing worked.

Thank you.

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

The only way to "skip" this mission is to ask for somebody else to do it for you. Either that, or do it yourself. If you decide to make a request for this, make sure to read this topic before that. wink.gif

lovekage19
  • lovekage19

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

Oh, look at that. I took one more try and I did it at last. Finished the main story biggrin.gif

I just need to have more patience smile.gif

Thanks for the reply btw.

nickhdaze
  • nickhdaze

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:44 AM Edited by nickhdaze, 05 July 2013 - 10:53 AM.

I have found 3 solutions to solve this problem with the helicopter jump in OUT OF COMMISSION via using FRAP............. FOR PC ONLY

However FRAPS.exe does not solve the problem.

Before the cut-scene jumping into the helicopter (or in the cut-scene), I suggest you pauses the game.
Then CRL+ALT+DELETE and bring up the start task manager. If you cannot open task manager and it keep going back to the game. I suggest you push ALT+TAB to go to the Desktop Screen. From there Bring up TASK MANAGER, go to PROCESSES and look for GTAIV.exe, highlight GTAIV.exe and RIGHT CLICK (mouse button) and select “SET AFFINITY”. Another dialog box should appear and select processors CPU 0,1 (whatever you choose) The less processors selected the slower the Frame rate per second.
From selecting one or two processors, the frame rate becomes less (should be between 20 FPS – 30 FPS) this should give you the assistant to help you make the jump
However you still need to push the JUMP button rapidly to ensure the helicopter jump is successful.

If your computer is like mine, unable to process high resolution games without sacrificing speed. Then here is another solution
Before the cut-scene jumping into the helicopter (or in the cut-scene), I suggest you pauses the game.
If your running your game at 800 X 600 / 1024 X 600 (something like that) and texture quality, reflection resolution, water quality, shadow quality, texture filter quality are on “LOW”.
Then what you do is make your resolution very high. Eg. 1920 X 1200, ALSO make your texture quality, reflection resolution, water quality, shadow quality, texture filter quality are set to Very High and VSYNC and DEFINITION set to “ON”
This will slow down the frame rate per second to about 20 FPS – 30 FPS
However you still need to push the JUMP button rapidly to ensure the helicopter jump is successful.

#3 changes the mapping of your keyboard layout before
Then change your key mapping to a new key (may not work for the mouse)
Or
Change your JUMP key to another key. (Make sure the new JUMP KEY Character is there) then change it back to the original JUMP KEY.
Hope these all worked. #1 I have not tried at the cut scene of the helicopter jumping and the changes to the key mapping is 50% it will work. Obviously #2 has worked for me.
Hope this helps

zipidy
  • zipidy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

you are supposed to get shot down and land on happyness idland and then kill peggy smile.gif

Nemmousek
  • Nemmousek

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:22 AM

Hey guys ... i tried almost everything what was written above ...   but I have kinda boosted PC  and even with max details and fraps I am still over 60 fps and coudnt climb that Helicopter

Fortunately here is quite "simple" solution.  I downloaded trial version of this program " Jitbit Macro recorder "  and created simple macro pressing space bar every 10 ms => 
2iibz2c.jpg

1) make sure that macro is long enough ( or set it to repeat automaticly )

2) when you should climb the helicopter, just pause the game with ESC, ALT + Tab to windows and start the macro

3) then with the mouse  click  the game back from to panel 

4) unpause   and  your Romanian friend should climb that sh1t like Chuck Norris ...

5) when you are done, back to windows and pause macro   and you can finish the mission    ( strongly recommend you to ignore game advice to stay low with Helicopter and just fly up and follow target ) 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users