» «
Photo

Out of commission solution. PC only

48 replies to this topic
Captain_Obvis456
  • Captain_Obvis456

you're about to be inadequate

• Members

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:47 PM Edited by Captain_Obvis456, 28 March 2009 - 04:34 PM.

OK I have no idea why this works, but it worked 5 times in a row. I was trying this mission over and over and could never climb into the helicopter. The game just looked like it was stuttering so I decided I was going to record it with Fraps and post it to show what it looked like so maybe I could get a permanent solution. I start Fraps as soon as Niko grabs the heli and I start hitting space like usual. Well Niko starts slowely climbing and I get in!!!!!! Holy sh*t I did it finally. So I fly following Peg like I am supposed to(If camera doesn't adjust hit the V key to go to 1st person, that is another glitch in this mission) and I get shot down before the end. f*ck f*ck FFFFUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I got there only to be shot down.
So I do the mission again. Started Fraps at the same time and the end is the same, get shot down.
But I think hey at least I can get in now.
I try without Fraps and I can't get in again.
All in all every time I tried with Fraps running I could get in and without it I can't ( I got shot down 4 times, my advice, ignore what it says on the screen and fly high, you get shot down but it is easier to dodge when you're higher. Part of the mission is you get shot down in the end).
I thought this deserved a new thread because so many people are having this problem and I thought if it was buried in another thread that it would be hard to find.
Fraps can be downloaded for free, but you can only record 30 seconds at a time, I have the full version. I get it from here
http://www.fraps.com/download.php
Please verify if it works for anyone else please. It works for me every time.
Sorry, always forget spoilers.

Hullkaru5
  • Hullkaru5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:09 PM

Goosh, dude, use the spoilers please. Don't spoil the final mission. Code:

Spoiler

Desmondo
  • Desmondo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:32 PM

Tried it. Not working. I cannot get in the chopper. sad.gif ((((( dammit

jetjock
  • jetjock

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:26 PM

I also tried it (Fraps) and it did not work for me either. Really is a shame that a company as big as Rockstar can't put out a better quality product! cryani.gif

Gangxxter
  • Gangxxter

A Gangster with style

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:25 PM

Stupid bug -.-

But you don't need Fraps. Just assign "Jump" to a different key on your keyboard (I used 'T') and it works.
I think the "bug" is, that you have to hit the Jump key EXTREMLEY quickly. But because the space bar is such a huge key you can't hit it as fast as the the game requires it. Therefore you have to use a "normal" key like 'T'. Nevertheless I had to hit the key very rapidly, I hit it like a fool. That doesn't prolongs the live of my keyboard.
  • Big Danny K likes this

Captain_Obvis456
  • Captain_Obvis456

• Members

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (Gangxxter @ May 4 2009, 16:25)
Stupid bug -.-

But you don't need Fraps. Just assign "Jump" to a different key on your keyboard (I used 'T') and it works.
I think the "bug" is, that you have to hit the Jump key EXTREMLEY quickly. But because the space bar is such a huge key you can't hit it as fast as the the game requires it. Therefore you have to use a "normal" key like 'T'. Nevertheless I had to hit the key very rapidly, I hit it like a fool. That doesn't prolongs the live of my keyboard.

I assigned a whole bunch of different keys and none of them worked. I found someone else in MP yesterday who couldn't do the mission even after reassigning different keys. I told him about the Fraps trick and he did it the first time.
Also Desmondo said it didn't work for him here, then he said it did work in another thread. Sometimes it takes more than one time.

ferrari91169
  • ferrari91169

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2009 - 04:59 AM

DUDE, THANK YOU SO FREAKING MUCH, IT WORKED PERFECTLY!!!!

Now, let me explain why this method works, and why I don't blame Rockstar. Sure, you can assign a different key, yada yada, but the reason this works so well is because it limits you to 30FPS, or lower, whatever you choose to record at. When this game was ported from the Xbox 360 version it was still based on a 30FPS rate, meaning, you need to press space so many times for that FPS. When you bump the FPS up higher, for me it was a steady 60FPS, you need to tap space, or whichever key you choose, twice as fast. Now, don't get me wrong, some of you people out there can tap that key freakishly fast, but I sure couldn't. Anyway, with lowering your FPS to 30FPS (I did it to 25FPS to be safe), it makes the number of clicks you need to make that much less. So, this would be one of those things that would be a con to having a good FPS. And I don't really blame Rockstar for this...I mean, sure, they COULD'VE fixed it, but it might not've been something noticeable by them. Maybe the only PCs they tried playing the game all the way through on were kept at a 30FPS limit, who knows, but I'm glad someone thought of this. I'm kind of jeaulous I didn't think of it to be quite honest. For those of you who it didn't work for, make sure you set FRAPS to record at 25FPS - 30FPS, instead of 60FPS, so it actually lowers your framerate, because THAT IS what you NEED TO DO. In fact, if you can find an alternate way of lowering the FPS, you could use that method too. This was purely a bug in the fact that Rockstar didn't remember to compensate for the fact that the move from console's would bump this game up from 25FPS - 30FPS to a much higher FPS, meaning any actions like this certain one would need to be done twice as fast. I mean, I'm sure some people can find it in their heart to click a button that fast, but I sure couldn't. And I tried different keys as well, which didn't help me either. In fact, I think the only reason that helps is because you change to a key that you are able to tap faster than space. Some people might find it very easy to tap the enter key really fast, and some people may not. In a perfect world Rockstar would've remembered to fix that so it'd work better, but at least we had someone here who was able to find out how to fix it, be it accidental or not. And I thought I'd just shed some light on the reason this method works. Say you need to click spacebar ten times in a second for 30FPS, and when you bump the game up to a faster speed, (60FPS), you have to click spacebar twenty times in a second. Possible for some, impossible for others.

Thanks again poster, I think this might be my all time favorite post ever. I think until the day I die this will be the day I remember as the day I truly appreciate what the internet can do for us. And I'm so glad I finally beat that freaking mission!!!

BillyG
  • BillyG

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:06 PM

FRAPS worked for me. Spent days hanging fron the chopper and falling into the water. Tried multiple keys - no difference. Ran FRAPS and set Movie FPS to the default 30 fps. THen I did the chase scene and the middle shootout bit. Just before the trigger point for the next cutscene, I hit F9 to limit the frame rate to 30 fps in FRAPS. I then completed the chase around the coast on the bike and did the jump as many times before. Ihe cutscene ran but this time, it worked. Nico climed aboard the chopper and I could complete the game. Thanks for the info guys. I was ready to give up on the last part. Onwards to nuke the flying rats! Thanks. icon14.gif

johnisme
  • johnisme

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:17 PM Edited by johnisme, 15 July 2009 - 10:19 PM.

Based on your fraps 30fps solution i ran the game thru my sanyo 37 inch hdtv and set the resolution to 1600x900 at 30fps,it worked.Thank you for the 30fps info,save me from going bald. colgate.gif

bradcapo2
  • bradcapo2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:44 AM

Thanks for sharing this useful information. It's great.

plan solution commission de surendettement - commission de surendettement, vous pouvez demander un dossier de surendettement. plan solution commission de surendettement

andrey952009
  • andrey952009

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:32 PM Edited by andrey952009, 03 August 2009 - 09:34 PM.

But because the space bar is such a huge key you can't hit it as fast as the the game requires it

I can smile.gif And I don't change key and don't record video with Fraps. You can just press Space as fast and frequently as it possible for you and your keyboard colgate.gif

But Fraps can help you with another thing. When the game is loading (you see many people), start record video with Fraps and loading will be faster then usual.

Captain_Obvis456
  • Captain_Obvis456

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (andrey952009 @ Aug 3 2009, 16:32)
But because the space bar is such a huge key you can't hit it as fast as the the game requires it

I can smile.gif And I don't change key and don't record video with Fraps. You can just press Space as fast and frequently as it possible for you and your keyboard colgate.gif

But Fraps can help you with another thing. When the game is loading (you see many people), start record video with Fraps and loading will be faster then usual.

Nope that doesn't work for those with this problem. I did this mission the first time through. Then after the second patch it no longer worked for me. Only by chance did I come by the Fraps trick. It doesn't matter how fast you hit space, it doesn't work. With Fraps, it works every time.

laskiperse
  • laskiperse

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:00 AM

There is also an easier solution for this problem. Make sure that you have selected somewhat resource-consuming game settings (with my i7 920 and HD 4890 I use almost the highest settings to get about 60fps ). Then play normally until you get to the screen where you are supposed to tap the space bar repeatedly. Now pause the game and open Task manager and find process named GTAIV.exe. Using the "Set affinity" option, let the game use only one CPU core. Then get back to the game, unpause and try to tap the space bar as fast as possible. When you get to the helicopter, pause again and let the game use all the cores. At least on my machine that is enough to do the trick...

PzSniper
  • PzSniper

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:51 PM

GREAT! This worked also for me with GTA 4 patch 5 + GTX295 + Core i7

Thanx

bronquites
  • bronquites

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:43 PM

Hello!

I also have the problem at the Out of Commission helicopter jump.
I've tried both the FRAPS and the remaping buttons solutions but so far nothing.

This is what I have after the jump:
user posted image

As you can see there is no helicopter there and Niko is hanging on to air. Roman keeps telling me to climb but I never do.

Any advice?

SeraphimSoldier
  • SeraphimSoldier

Punishing Criminals

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:55 PM

Do you have any mods enabled?

bronquites
  • bronquites

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:32 PM

Nope, no mods. Just a regular install with the latest update.

Captain_Obvis456
  • Captain_Obvis456

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:18 PM

Turn down your graphics settings. For some reason your comp can't keep up with it. Probably just this mission too.

bronquites
  • bronquites

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (Captain_Obvis456 @ Nov 29 2009, 21:18)
Turn down your graphics settings. For some reason your comp can't keep up with it. Probably just this mission too.

Down to 1024x768 @60Hz, settings at medium. Down from 1440x900 @75Hz, high/very high. Still no joy. Chopper still doesn't appear and I still hang on to thin air.

Comp is C2D @ 2.13GHz, 4GB RAM and 9800GT 1GB.

SeraphimSoldier
  • SeraphimSoldier

Punishing Criminals

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:17 PM

You will probably have to reinstall the game, lol.

bronquites
  • bronquites

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:54 PM Edited by bronquites, 10 December 2009 - 11:19 PM.

Game reinstalled and updated to patch 5. Settings at medium. Will let you know if it worked.

Update: Game ends successfully if I do the DEAL option. Still have to try the REVENGE, but so far no crashes or bugs or glitches.

Panzerschreck89
  • Panzerschreck89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 December 2009 - 08:00 PM

No... Fraps didn't work.... The using one core only doesn't work too... I even tried Glovepie to auto tap my space bar but that i don't know how to get glovepie to work in a full-screen game.... HELP PLEASE

kumnih
  • kumnih

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:42 PM

thanks a lot colgate.gif , I tried this mission 13 times & everytime I got stuck there but with this method it worked.........thanks again

TommyZ
  • TommyZ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:43 PM

I have the same problem for Xbox 360. Any way to help me?

Stone Cold Spider 3:16
  • Stone Cold Spider 3:16

Drinking The Hate-orade

• Members

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:42 PM

downloaded fraps and works fine... was able to get into the heli now and finish the mission thx so much smile.gif

uPdaTe
  • uPdaTe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:58 AM

Worked for me, thanks alot.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:03 PM

Bump.

If a mod is reading this, perhaps it is worth pinning this topic? About once a week someone brings up this problem because Captain_Obvis456's solution has slipped down the board.

blahblah2222
  • blahblah2222

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:25 PM

Fraps didn't do anything for me. Redefining the jump button to another button didn't do anything for me.

So I don't see any point in making this a sticky, since these solutions don't work.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (blahblah2222 @ Oct 3 2010, 22:25)
Fraps didn't do anything for me. Redefining the jump button to another button didn't do anything for me.

So I don't see any point in making this a sticky, since these solutions don't work.

Sorry to hear it didn't help you, but it seemed to work for a lot of others if you read the thread. Its a starting point and a lot of people keep asking.

Since this problem may be related to gameplay speed, I would recommend running your graphics settings to Minimum and then Maximum to see if that helps.

Cozmoz
  • Cozmoz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:13 PM

I'm also having this problem, I have re-assigned the key and am running FRAPS in the background showingf 56 FRAPS during this seen and between 56-54 the reswt of the time (it drops to 36 while speeding). Any advice would be appreciated.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users