Photo

Crash effects, would it be better...

10 replies to this topic
sacr3
  • sacr3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:34 PM

Well, When I go full head on with a truck, aside from sliding out, I'm a bit disappointed with the crash effects.

Don't get me wrong, they're the best vs all other games, the whole car basically crumples, awesome stuff. But the realism in Driver 3 for example is that the hood actually bent upwards away from the car itself

In GTA4, it seems the hood is molded right in with the car.. i've given an example in picture form what I mean (Don't mind my horrid photoshop work, lol, just a quick example)

I personally would love to see the hood crumple upwards like what happens to all vehicles that have their front area crushed inward. Maybe with GTA5 they will incorperate this? who knows.

user posted image

Bad editing, but this image gives an example. Obviously it would look better, but I would enjoy this with future GTA's with the current crumpling system

I understand this isn't a huge deal, lol, but what do you think? The hood bending upward, would it make things more realistic?

livilaNic
  • livilaNic

Got Milf?

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (sacr3 @ Mar 27 2009, 13:34)
I understand this isn't a huge deal, lol, but what do you think? The hood bending upward, would it make things more realistic?

Sure would.

I didn't like it to much either. But what can ya do? Almost everything that crashes, gets smashed, etc. is just like a crumpled piece of paper. Sure the hood comes off and the bumbers hang. But meh.

hamzta09
  • hamzta09

Speeeed.

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:03 PM

The best crashes are all in Grid!

This game has some nice ones, but they all seem pre-made.
Ive never really totalled a car really badly cause after a while it seems it cant get more demolished lol.

Also, as they are not using any licenses for cars they could easily do some nice Burnout/Grid kinda crashes without getting lawsuits.
One thing that bothers me is that the sides and roof never seem to take a hit except the rear (trunk) and a bit at the front wheels.

sacr3
  • sacr3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (hamzta09 @ Mar 27 2009, 20:03)

Ive never really totalled a car really badly cause after a while it seems it cant get more demolished lol.

Also, as they are not using any licenses for cars they could easily do some nice Burnout/Grid kinda crashes without getting lawsuits.
One thing that bothers me is that the sides and roof never seem to take a hit except the rear (trunk) and a bit at the front wheels.

I must agree, looked at some videos and screenshots and wow, the crumpling effect looks great, hood and all bend seperately.

As for the GTA4 crumpling, I modded out the handling and made it crumple more, man can it ever bend out of shape... but without the hood/side panels bending seperately and just doesn't give ya that added effect of "wow cool i crumpled the sh*t out of this thing"

Graven
  • Graven

Boss

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE (hamzta09 @ Mar 27 2009, 23:03)

I once did swing of death 6 times on row to a Blista. A task of its own to get the car back when it turns only in 1 direction biggrin.gif

Nhani
  • Nhani

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:07 PM

Even better would be bodyparts falling off, headlights, bumpers and fenders.. instead of crumples.

Graven
  • Graven

Boss

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (Nhani @ Mar 28 2009, 01:07)
Even better would be bodyparts falling off

I just shot your dennis off with a sawn-off!

juscal
  • juscal

Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:36 PM

If you wanna see some real damage, park a car (sedan, station wagon or something of the like) Against a sturdy wall. Get a bus or something big and heavy. Get to a distance, hit the accelator and watch the poor car get crushed.

Chris1508
  • Chris1508

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:36 PM

grid is the best racing game ever but i get bored of the crashes and in all fairness cars dent better in gta 4 in grid they smash and lose parts

sacr3
  • sacr3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (Chris1508 @ Mar 27 2009, 22:36)

grid is the best racing game ever but i get bored of the crashes and in all fairness cars dent better in gta 4 in grid they smash and lose parts

Although I enjoy the crash effects in Grid (screenshot only) due to the independent parts crumpling off from other parts, like my pic, the hood crumpling up while others crumple sideways
etc

What I do not enjoy is parts just falling off.. leaving the bear frame of the car showing.. I find thats the cheapest method to "car destruction" out there..

When you look at pictures of crumpled cars, their parts aren't off.. its all connected, just crumpled to hell, the hood bent upwards, side panels bent inwards, etc.

So, Driver 3 was alright with their crumple effects, but it was preset to crumple specifically.. lol, so the car would look the same each and every time u crunch her in
GTA4 is random, but it feels the whole damn car is 1 single peice of metal that crumples like a can.

but hey, its still decent, like stated before i hope they keep this same system but incorperate the hood crumpling upwards type of effect

Jc84144
  • Jc84144

Prankster

• Members

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:39 AM

Would ruin the dashboard cam view though if it was getting blocked by that every time you crashed tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users