Photo

I HATE the wait in mutiplayer games

19 replies to this topic
GtaFan85
  • GtaFan85

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:57 AM

I'm saying i had to wait at least 20 Min's for a person to get in my room, one person, thats ridiculous, Rockstar has gotta fix this to where its like cod 4 and 5, you make a room or you join one, and 5 ppl join as soon as you get in, and your ready to play, but no, not gta, we have to wait forever for people to join, anybody with me on this annoying issue.

Double_Deagle
  • Double_Deagle

If it isn't D1RTY, it isn't worth it!

• D1RTY12

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:51 AM

TWO bitch threads in a row? Dude, wank off or something! You're annoying! bored.gif

DJSmurf2009
  • DJSmurf2009

V Hunter

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE (GtaFan85 @ Mar 25 2009, 06:57)
I'm saying i had to wait at least 20 Min's for a person to get in my room, one person, thats ridiculous, Rockstar has gotta fix this to where its like cod 4 and 5, you make a room or you join one, and 5 ppl join as soon as you get in, and your ready to play, but no, not gta, we have to wait forever for people to join, anybody with me on this annoying issue.

Ever think that maybe... just maybe... people dont actually play free mode all the time... or people dont play GTA as much as they used to and that person who joined 20 minutes after you started the game was the only person in the world who actually went onto mulitplayer - free mode?

spudy-uk
  • spudy-uk

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:28 AM

i think there is tooo many game servers on this gta if they stuck to a fiar amount i tink we would have a decent number of players in any game do u all agree

MrJohn666
  • MrJohn666

citizen erased

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (spudy-uk @ Mar 27 2009, 12:28)
i think there is tooo many game servers on this gta if they stuck to a fiar amount i tink we would have a decent number of players in any game do u all agree

Please post a network diagram explaining how these "servers" work, for the benefit of the rest of the group.

Just to prove you know what you "is" talking aboot.

bored.gif

spudy-uk
  • spudy-uk

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:08 PM

servers are the things that make the games run mate, each game u go on is a server on the network

MrJohn666
  • MrJohn666

citizen erased

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (spudy-uk @ Mar 27 2009, 14:08)
servers are the things that make the games run mate, each game u go on is a server on the network

I was asking for a detailed diagram on how the multiplayer actually works, just out of general interest.
wink.gif

e.g here is an old home network diagram of someone with multiple online devices

user posted image

That kind of thing, which I found on google. But have not found anything about GTA 4 Multiplayer.

I have heard that if you create a game, you are the "host" - so everyone is connecting via you. Is this the case?

spudy-uk
  • spudy-uk

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:58 PM

IT DONT MATTER MATE I KNOW WHAT IM ON ABOUT BUT THANKS

Murked187
  • Murked187

187 with the M16.

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (spudy-uk @ Mar 27 2009, 13:58)
IT DONT MATTER MATE I KNOW WHAT IM ON ABOUT BUT THANKS

Keep down with the Caps.

MrJohn666
  • MrJohn666

citizen erased

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (spudy-uk @ Mar 27 2009, 14:58)
*delusional misgivings*

Schizophrenia!
Fun for all the family!

The family in your head that is.
dontgetit.gif

deejayb1874
  • deejayb1874

Bolt Ya Radge!

• D1RTY12
  • Scotland

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:08 PM

Easy-A has been busted again I see.

biggrin.gif

MrJohn666
  • MrJohn666

citizen erased

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:40 PM

Yeah?
Oh well, I was chatting to him, he was cool with me!

But as a mod on other forums, I can pretty much guarantee I know how he gets found oot so quickly.
sigh.gif

Murk-187
  • Murk-187

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:43 PM

Well, him?

Who is he?

I'm not him, at any rate.

Anyway, the mods thought I was Bodie187, I guess.

But I'm not.

MrJohn666
  • MrJohn666

citizen erased

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:30 PM

I have met a lot of people with the same surname as me (666).

I also met another Mr John once, we laughed at having the same nickname, added each other and would regularly team up in free modes that went nasty.
biggrin.gif

ScrewedYou
  • ScrewedYou

Giving grief the good way!

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:25 PM

I have abandoned hope that cRockstar will fix or update anything in the MP part of this game. I'll just hope that the next one features a much, much more improved system, one that actually works and doesn't cause so much frustration.

MrJohn666
  • MrJohn666

citizen erased

• Members

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE (ScrewedYou @ Mar 28 2009, 00:25)
I have abandoned hope that cRockstar will fix or update anything in the MP part of this game. I'll just hope that the next one features a much, much more improved system, one that actually works and doesn't cause so much frustration.

I'm afraid that R* are the best griefers out there and as we speak, they are having stroky beard meetings on how to create a game that upsets you.

Specifically, you.

confused.gif

Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE (MrJohn666 @ Mar 27 2009, 13:43)
QUOTE (spudy-uk @ Mar 27 2009, 14:08)

I was asking for a detailed diagram on how the multiplayer actually works, just out of general interest.
wink.gif

I know next to nothing about multiplayer networking, but I have my suspicions about how GTA IV works. I think you're automatically thrown in the room with the least players (altough region may have something to do with it too, 'cause I meet a lot of Dutch players which I doubt is coincidence).

This is why it's better to join an existing game rather than create a new one. The less games, the fuller they'll be.
When all players quit a game (of freemode), that particular room gets deleted. So whenever you're the last person in a game, quickly leave before another player joins. Sometimes when there's two of us left, I leave hoping that the other player does the same. The worst is being in a room with an idle dude...

TheBruceter
  • TheBruceter

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:03 AM

Yeah the multiplayer could have done with a bit of tweaking. Well seeing us PS3 users got left out on the AA, police and FF options angry.gif

I'd prefer a list of available rooms. This random getting thrown in is annoying, especially when you really really don't want AA airport 30 mins. Leave 3 times to then get flung back in when the game has started, wth lol

Its not just waiting for people to come in, half the time theres idle hosts and people don't kick, or the host ticks and no-one else does.

Other gripe is teaming... The amount of times i'v been in a match and its 8 people v 3 v 2 v 1 v 1 v 1 kind of thing. What on earth? I prefer an even game. Don't think people actually relise that the good players get most of the kills for a reason, not due to team size you morrons.

ScrewedYou
  • ScrewedYou

Giving grief the good way!

• Members

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (TheBruceter @ Mar 30 2009, 10:03)
Yeah the multiplayer could have done with a bit of tweaking. Well seeing us PS3 users got left out on the AA, police and FF options angry.gif

I'd prefer a list of available rooms. This random getting thrown in is annoying, especially when you really really don't want AA airport 30 mins. Leave 3 times to then get flung back in when the game has started, wth lol

Its not just waiting for people to come in, half the time theres idle hosts and people don't kick, or the host ticks and no-one else does.

Other gripe is teaming... The amount of times i'v been in a match and its 8 people v 3 v 2 v 1 v 1 v 1 kind of thing. What on earth? I prefer an even game. Don't think people actually relise that the good players get most of the kills for a reason, not due to team size you morrons.

Good points. I was trying to find a game today and got put into a Next Game room where the host was not selecting which mode to play next. Only choice was to leave, which resulted in getting a disconnect. Yay.

Gotta love those Team Deatchmatches that are way lopsided, lol. I really like to laugh at the cool tough guy who keeps trying to be on his own team. Then when he does he usually ends up getting annihilated and leaves.

Prfctpersistent
  • Prfctpersistent

Your Royal Pain In The Ass =] Currently Ranking 9

• Members

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE (GtaFan85 @ Mar 24 2009, 22:57)

I don't have problems finding games while running regular GTA but TLAD I can barely get enough people in a room. It's only happened twice as only one or two people will join and it takes a much longer time for a whole team to join, it's quite frustrating.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users