Photo

SCM Coding FAQ

51 replies to this topic
Forkhead
  • Forkhead

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:25 PM

i have a problem with sanny builder. when i trying to open my main.scm, it says: unknown opcode 4156 at offset 52364. what must i do?

BnB
  • BnB

Better days

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:46 PM

Try IGNORE_UNKNOWN. You should not post that here!

Forkhead
  • Forkhead

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 August 2010 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (BnB @ Aug 21 2010, 12:46)
Try IGNORE_UNKNOWN. You should not post that here!

i runned the sanny with parameter \debug=2 and it worked.

TheSiggi
  • TheSiggi

Surgeon

• Members

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:02 PM Edited by The_Siggi, 01 November 2010 - 06:19 PM.

fixxing CLEO3

This is a instruction on how to install CLEO 3 correctly.

first of all, this is the default content of your GTA SA folder:

http://img843.images...osanandreaf.jpg

Step 1

Downlaod CLEO 3Libary

auto installer

archive

Step 2 - installing

Now either run the installer or unzip the content of the archive into your GTA: San Andreas directory:

http://img844.images...tentithcleo.jpg

if any of these files is missing repeat step 2

this shows you the function of the new components:

http://img828.images...rkedcontent.jpg

now if you run San Andreas you should see this:

http://img827.images.../i/menutext.jpg
in the lower left corner of the pause menu (in this case 29 scripts are loaded)

if you don't see any water mark like this repeat step 2 - installing

if the game chrashes after oading a savegame make sure our exe is ompatible with CLEO or simply download the compact exe
Pass word is CVehicle
(Note! C and V have to be in caps)

just put the exe into your Grand theft Auto: San Andreas folder and replace the exe you got in there

now CLEO should run properly, if not make sure you followed all these Steps and retry

cheers smile.gif

BnB
  • BnB

Better days

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:22 PM

Good work Siggi that will help lot of people and you should make one for cleo 4

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:28 AM

Someone answer me this...

Is R*'s programming language actually SCM? Or was it a different language entirely when they were making the III era GTAs.

If it is SCM that they made their games with, do any other game companies use the language? Or is it just R* that uses it?

and... where are the origins of it?

BnB
  • BnB

Better days

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:44 AM Edited by BnB, 30 August 2010 - 07:49 AM.

Have a look here

sci4me
  • sci4me

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:58 PM

nice!!!

Aligator007
  • Aligator007

DYOM Desinger

• Members

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:16 AM

Wow Good Work Dutchy smile.gif

kmlwin.1996
  • kmlwin.1996

Hold up™

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:13 PM

I have many many questions. smile.gif

How to put missions into scm?

What is stripped.scm?

How to make a mission with MPACK?

I'll ask many questions later. PLZ reply me!!

smile.gif

BnB
  • BnB

Better days

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (kmlwin.1996 @ Jan 14 2011, 15:13)
What is stripped.scm?

Actually its a stripped main.scm it includes only the very basics (no missions, no external scripts, or other threads, etc.) It's useful for Total Conversion Mods.

MC Vic
  • MC Vic

aka LikeBAX

• Members

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:20 AM Edited by MC Vic, 05 September 2011 - 04:48 PM.

I need main.scm with all SA 100% facilities for my script mod, without missions and without: girlfriends, property and bonuses - Hydra and Rhino at Grove Street. Can someone tell what should I delete in original main.scm?
And I have found this needed opcode in original main.scm:
if
$MISSION_BADLANDS_PASSED == 1
It is about passing Badlands missions. If the missions are passed, other missions will be available. How can I make this for my missions? how the game will understand this code if for example I will write $MISSION_REECE_PASSED == 1 Do I need a label called REECE?

Del, problem solved.

User_Fox
  • User_Fox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:14 PM

Hey, I've got a little problem:
I cant use coord manager in Sanny Builder or it was disabled? Do I have to play GTA in-game to enable it first?

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( ´-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (User_Fox @ Wednesday, Oct 26 2011, 06:14)
Do I have to play GTA in-game to enable it first?

Yes.

ItsAllAboutGTA
  • ItsAllAboutGTA

Blessed

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

Hey,is it possible to make a Laucher for GTA III ? i mean like GTA IV,when you start up your GTA IV,a Rockstar Social Club launcher will pop up for you to log in to SocialClub or play offline.is it possible to make that kind of launcher for GTA III ?

coltonon
  • coltonon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:18 AM

Hey, i'm modifying somebody's cleo script. The problem with their script is that it only works with one vehicle. I have never done any sort of cleo scripting, so I'm not an expert in this stuff. I want the script to work for all vehicles, so I modified it. This is the line that I have to mod: Actor.DrivingVehicleType($PLAYER_ACTOR, #BULLET) It works if I change Bullet to any other vehicle, but is there a way I can make ALL vehicles work with this instead of just one? The cleo script tutorial here does not go very deep into the # data type. I know I can make a whole new cleo script for every single vehicle, as I am currently doing, but can I make it select all vehicles? And I don't want a thousand .cs files in my directory either for every single vehicle. Hope someone can help. If not, i'll just guess check and revise smile.gif

TheGodfather.
  • TheGodfather.

Nobody likes me here...I think...

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:56 AM

Just change it into the condition: 00DF: actor $PLAYER_ACTOR driving

coltonon
  • coltonon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:16 PM

O. Sorry for being a moron, this is the first time I've modded a Script of some sort.

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:25 PM Edited by fastman92, 11 June 2013 - 10:27 PM.

QUOTE (ItsAllAboutGTA @ Tuesday, Mar 27 2012, 12:26)
Hey,is it possible to make a Laucher for GTA III ? i mean like GTA IV,when you start up your GTA IV,a Rockstar Social Club launcher will pop up for you to log in to SocialClub or play offline.is it possible to make that kind of launcher for GTA III ?

Sure, but you need to learn how to make a GUI, drawn interface and finally make a program in some of languages (C++ / C++ / Delphi / sth else).

On interface there should be START button, this would simply do WinExec of gtaiii.exe

Hey, i'm modifying somebody's cleo script. The problem with their script is that it only works with one vehicle. I have never done any sort of cleo scripting, so I'm not an expert in this stuff. I want the script to work for all vehicles, so I modified it. This is the line that I have to mod: Actor.DrivingVehicleType($PLAYER_ACTOR, #BULLET) It works if I change Bullet to any other vehicle, but is there a way I can make ALL vehicles work with this instead of just one? The cleo script tutorial here does not go very deep into the # data type. I know I can make a whole new cleo script for every single vehicle, as I am currently doing, but can I make it select all vehicles? And I don't want a thousand .cs files in my directory either for every single vehicle. Hope someone can help. If not, i'll just guess check and revise

Did you ever think of removing unwanted condition?

If condition is used, but you don't want it, then remove it.

gcapel
  • gcapel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (Dutchy3010 @ Tuesday, Mar 24 2009, 22:43)
SCM Coding FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions

General

I want to learn coding, what do I have to do?
First notice that you don't learn coding within 24 hours, you have to put time and effort in it. There are several tutorials which can help you learning coding, best tutorial is the Coding Bible (Part I and Part II).

I want to make my own missions, how can I do that?
If you want to do it by coding, so not using other mods (like Design Your Own Mission), you can try this tutorial.

Who wants to code my ideas?
First, there is a thread for this kind of topics. You can find it here. But don't have high hopes, because most likely your idea won't be coded, because it takes a lot of time to make a scm script. When you desperately want something to be coded, I advise you to learn coding yourself.

What is CLEO?
CLEO contains several things:
  • Custom scripts: with these scripts the user doesn't have to start new game.
  • New opcodes
  • Plugins
More about CLEO
CLEO Tutorial

I want to have two .scm mods at the same time!
Most likely, this is not easy. You can use them seperate by using MPACK. More then one CLEO-script is possible, but only if they don't have a conflict.

Which software do I need to edit the main.scm?
There are two major programs for this: SannyBuilder and Mission Builder.

Can I use SCM coding for GTA IV modding?
No, it is a different language. However, you can use the knowledge of scm, because the III-era opcodes look a lot like the functions in IV scripting.

No, but you CAN use the knowledge of how mission scripts are put together and what most of the opcodes do (save a few extra parameters here and there) to help in creating scripts for IV

SannyBuilder errors

I'm getting an error in SannyBuilder: not enough actual parameters!
There are too few parameters in this opcode. Look at an example of the opcode, so you can compare it. Also check if there nee to be commas or not, this is a common mistake. For example:
CODE
0100:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR in_sphere 1793.068, -1904.254, 12.3989 radius 4.0 4.0 4.0 sphere 1 in_car

This is wrong, because the commas should not be in there.

Compiler error: "Label 'loop' redeclared."
This means that you are jumping to a label whose name is twice used in the code.

Compiler error: "Incorrect number of conditions, 9 max".
Most likely you will have a loop which contains only one condition, but you said "if or". For example:
CODE
:MODEL_LOAD
if or
8248: not model #NRG500 available
else_jump @MODEL_LOAD

I have another error, what do I have to do?
Use the SannyBuilder explanations: select help when you get the error.

Animation

Ingame errors

The game freezes, I can't do anything with my PC!
This is a very frequent bug: you forgot a wait somewhere in your code. Any loop in your code should at least 1 wait opcode. I will advise you to play SA in a window, then you can stop it with CTRL-ALT-DELETE.
Another solution is to run this program: http://tjbp.net/uplo...A_SA_Killer.zip. Simply press F7 and gta_sa.exe is killed.

Help! My game crashes!
Sadlye, there isn't a clear answer for this, but you can do something. First, you have to see when it crashes. When the game starts? When there is a condition true? This way you can exclude parts of the code, so looking for the mistake will be easier. Then, when you know which part causes the crash, you have to eliminate possible wrong opcodes. Just put // before it, and test again. If the game doesn't crash, you know which opcode contains the fault. Then you have to find out what is wrong about this opcode. There is also an CLEO add-on (SCMLOG.cleo), which logs the opcodes, so you can see which opcode was the last one before the crash.
When you don't find the problem, you can post it this forum. Be sure you are doing the following things:
1. Make a topictitle which refer to your problem.
2. Describe what the fault is.
3. Post your code, and mark which code is causing the problem. Otherwise people aren't willing to check your code.
4. Add scmlog.log to the post.
5. Give all possible information about the script/problem.

Nothing happens ingame!
This surely is too little information. This could happen when you forgot to compile, this can also happen because your code is stuck in a loop, due to some coding mistake.

Coding

I can't find an opcode...
Use the opcode search tool (Tools > Ide tools > Opcode search or CTRL+ALT+2), or typ a word/opcode in SannyBuilder and press (repeatedly) F1.

What is the difference between Player_Char and player_Actor?
$Player_Char: Used with opcodes that you can only use for the player (like 0109: player $PLAYER_CHAR money += 1000000)
$Player_Actor: Used with opcodes that you can use for all actors (like 00A1: put_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR at 345.5621 306.2212 998.4484)

Is there a difference between editing the main.scm of SA and VC?
Yes there are many things added in SA, like external scripts and some opcodes and constructs.

Where can I find the object ID's?
You can use Mapviewer or MapEditor for that.
If you know the model name, you can find the object by using CTRL+ALT+H in SannyBuilder. You can also take a look at this site

Where can I find the model-names of pedestrians, weapons and vehicles?
For pedestrians you can use Ped Editor. For pictures of all peds you can look here.
For Vice City you can look here.

For weapons you can look in the help-files of SannyBuilder (SCM Documentation > GTA SA > Weapon Numbers).

For vehicles you can open vehicles.ide, located in the data folder (Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\Data), or take a look at this site. It is also possible to use this tool.

Why isn't my FXT text showing up?
Either you named it too long or you could have had two spaces between the second part of the line instead of one or you have a space at the end

GXT editor to edit american.gxt
I use Hammers SAgxtEditor. Version 1.3 was the latest and cant be found on famous download pages. Its still available at thegtaplace.

All gxt name entries are numbers by default. It needs to inject an ini-file to inject the entrynames. Hammer posted one but its disappeared. Get the ini here: http://zazmahall.de/...merican_ini.zip

Then click on search icon (field glas) and choose "String List Match", a window opens. click on Open, change in open screen the file extension to "ALL FILES *.*" Open then american.ini, confirm with OK. But it injects not all, only the half. But you can also inject it manual. Maybe you found IE10 in main.scm. Sso use search function(click on field glasses) of gxtEditor and search for IE10. You will find the injected entry and the text for displaying also.

Note: there are 2 different search functions:
"Find Name" means: search for exact entry of main.scm or exe like fem_ok
"Find Value" means: search for any word of the text

Important: if you have changed text so click first on an other entry before you save the file

In addition there was made a complete translation of american.gxt as textfile from AleX AciD.
Dont know where it can be downloadable
I uploade it at rapidshare:
http://rapidshare.co...A_text.txt.html

GXT texts for all supported games can be found in the Sanny Builder\help\GXT Strings folder.

How can I get coord ingame?
You can use this tool or the coords tool in Sanny Builder.

How can I change the keys used in a mod?
Take a look at this topic.

CLEO
(written by James227uk)

Game crashes when opening gta_sa.exe
This is related to your EXE being incompatible. Download this EXE:

http://public.sannyb...idb/compact.rar

Password to archive is CVehicle

(Note: C and V MUST be in caps)

Game crashes on loading bar
One of your scripts is not working when the game loads. Try deleting the script you most recently added. If it still crashes remove all your scripts and try the game. If it still crashes it's not the scripts that's the problem. You've modded another file and that is causing the crash. If it doesn't crash now, try adding each of your scripts back one by one. When the game crashes, remove the script you just added.

Game crashes when pressing appropriate key
The script you have added is causing the crash. Something is wrong with the script code after the keypress. Consider telling the script author in the topic or by PM if possible.

Game crashes when in an area
There are 2 reasons for this. Either something is wrong with the script, or there is something sort of conflict between this script and another. Try removing all but this script and see if it still crashes. If it doesn't, there is a conflict. If it does consider writing to the mod author

Corrections and additions are appreciated.

Thanks to:
  • PatrickW
  • Seemann
  • ZAZ
  • goin-god
  • james227uk
  • ceedj
Last update:

I have not enough parameters here! can someone fix this:
CODE
0007: @4 = @0 000F: @4 -= 2.0 000B: @0 += 2.0 0007: @5 = @1 000F: @5 -= 2.0 000B: @1 += 2.0     :Stinger_loop       0001: wait  250 ms 0007: @6 = -1 053E: @6 = get_random_car_with_actors -1 in_area @4 @5 @0 @1   00D6: if 0 8039:   NOT   @6 ==  -1;; integer values 004D: jump_if_false ££Stinger_timer       04FE: deflate_tire  0 on_car @6 04FE: deflate_tire  1 on_car @6 04FE: deflate_tire  2 on_car @6 04FE: deflate_tire  3 on_car @6  :Stinger_timer 00D6: if 0 0019:   @32 > 10000 004D: jump_if_false ££Stinger_loop     0249: release_model #TEMP_STINGER2 0108: destroy object @7 004E: end_thread  :stinger_sniff_thread 03A4: name thread "ST_SNIF"  :stinger_sniff_loop 0001: wait  100 ms 00D6: if 0 0256:   player $PLAYER_CHAR defined 004D: jump_if_false ££stinger_sniff_loop   00D6: if 1 00E1:   key pressed  0  17   00DD:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR driving_vehicle_type #BROADWAY 004D: jump_if_false ££stinger_sniff_loop     03C0: @10 = actor $PLAYER_ACTOR car 0407: create coordinate @0 @1 @2 from car @10 offset  0.0 -2.5  1.0 0174: @3 = car @10 z_angle 0009: @3 +=  90.0;; floating-point values 02CE: @2 = ground z @0 @1 @2 000B: @2 += 0.1 004F: create thread ££Stinger_thread  @0 @1 @2 @3 0001: wait  500 ms 0002: jump ££stinger_sniff_loop

Digas
  • Digas

Texture Maker, Loadscreens Maker, Mapper..PM me

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:03 PM

can anyone help me doing missions from shenmue to this mod http://gtaforums.com...s-shenmue-port/ to gta San Andreas? 

Nuel-Luke
  • Nuel-Luke

Player Hater

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:56 AM

may i ask ?

how to set current day to start some script ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users