Photo

About Conversions

4 replies to this topic
shantam777
  • shantam777

Error 404 - Not Found

• Members

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:23 PM

If I am correct,conversions aren't warez?And if they aren't I think they could be posted in a new section?And if you guys classify conversions in warez section,Then I think there should be a way by which the people owning IV will be able to use those cars in SA,as many people happen to be not able to run IV or at a very low FPS.If there is something which makes conversions easy or automated,We all will be happy.I sent DexX A PM regarding this,so here is the quote from it:-
I know how you must be feeling.Being hated and humiliated by many people,I don't think it's easy to get over it.I don't hate you as I know you can't do anything and as you are a moderator you can't go against the rules.The main idea of my message is to make a new section for conversions.AFAIK GTANet does not allow warez.But are conversions are warez?And one more thing,You said the conversion of cars could be automated.Can you tell me how?Or suggest an easy way?Thanks.

Regards,
Shantam777.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:29 PM

It's been a long running thing has conversions, we had an issue with them in 2005 which is why the converion rules were introduced. So it's nothing new are these rules. We'd like to see scratch made content, and have time and time again seen a really excellent mod which is scratch made get very little notice / comments whilst a sh*tty 2 bit conversion gets huge amount of thanks and praise...

Conversions are a tricky situation. If people haven't got IV and start downloading stuff that has been ripped from IV then effectively its stealing.

shantam777
  • shantam777

Error 404 - Not Found

• Members

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:30 PM Edited by shantam777, 24 March 2009 - 02:36 PM.

QUOTE (Gangsta Killa @ Mar 24 2009, 14:29)
It's been a long running thing has conversions, we had an issue with them in 2005 which is why the converion rules were introduced. So it's nothing new are these rules. We'd like to see scratch made content, and have time and time again seen a really excellent mod which is scratch made get very little notice / comments whilst a sh*tty 2 bit conversion gets huge amount of thanks and praise...

Conversions are a tricky situation. If people haven't got IV and start downloading stuff that has been ripped from IV then effectively its stealing.

Is there a way to make the conversions automated for people owning IV?Or anything which makes the rigging of cars/peds easier?
EDIT:And if you guys consider the using of models from IV illegal,I am ready to model ALL THE IV CARS FROM SCRATCH.But the main problems occur at rigging them,which I dunno how. cryani.gif

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:22 AM

Is there a way to make the conversions automated for people owning IV?Or anything which makes the rigging of cars/peds easier?

Oh yea, i remember this from that PM. I think you might be confused - we're trying to cut down on conversions, not encourage more. But no, there isn't a way to automate it that i'm aware of.

I am ready to model ALL THE IV CARS FROM SCRATCH.But the main problems occur at rigging them,which I dunno how.

This is a legitimate question, I'm not trying to be rude - if you can model, why not model something original? Every modeler or texture artist - anyone with creative skills - has the opportunity to bring an idea to life, something that no one has ever seen before on the console, or on the pc. It's the ultimate in exclusive mods.

If you have trouble rigging a vehicle, i'm sure you can be taught. Rigging vehicles for gta3/vc/sa is very simple.

shantam777
  • shantam777

Error 404 - Not Found

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:36 AM

OK,I understand now.Though I am not happy with the cut down of conversions,But I understand the reason now.Thank you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users