Quantcast

» «
Photo

Max Payne 3

4,522 replies to this topic

Poll: For which platform will you buy Max Payne 3? (758 member(s) have cast votes)

For which platform will you buy Max Payne 3?

1. PlayStation 3 (198 votes [28.82%])

Percentage of vote: 28.82%

2. Xbox 360 (218 votes [31.73%])

Percentage of vote: 31.73%

3. PC (271 votes [39.45%])

Percentage of vote: 39.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote
AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

🇯🇲 🇬🇭 🇯🇲

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Most Valuable Player 2014
    Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:36 PM

Holy sh*t, Max Payne 3.

About time they announced this, looking forward to it! icon14.gif

Gezim
  • Gezim

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:34 PM

Holy, holy, holy, sh*t. Max Payne 3 is coming out? Max Payne 3?

God, I've been waiting ages to get some information. I remember hearing it got canceled. Which broke my heart.

Anyways, looking at Max, looks like this one's gonna be brutal. The storyline of the series is absolutely brilliant. Which reminds me I never saw the movie. sad.gif

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:51 AM

Does this mean Euphoria will be used! wow.gif

Trows
  • Trows

• The Precinct

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:15 AM

Lack of remedy + it'll be a terrible port = sad.gif .

I damn well hope i'm completely and utterly wrong, and it not only lives up to the first two games, but also plays decently on PCs.

Gezim: Do NOT see the movie.

It's utterly terrible.

SynTerro
  • SynTerro

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:16 AM

I would have been excited if it was Remedy who developed it, especially on the PC version. R* Vancouver has not proved themself as good PC developers.

Lets hope they used something else than RAGE engine(unlikely).

Gezim: Do NOT see the movie.

It's utterly terrible.

Wish I could unwatch it.

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:45 AM

Hell f*cking yes let's just hope it's actually good though. My expectations are high.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:46 AM

I have never played a Max Payne game yet, but since this great anouncement, I might as well pick up Max Payne 1 & 2 before "Winter 2009" comes around. I think he somewhat looks like Mattias from Mercenaries 2 except without the ponytail things on his beard. So he somewhat looks like a biker. For those who don't like how Payne looks like, don't worry because there is still time before release, and during that time he will most likely be tweeked a bit. Look at Niko from the trailers starting from Trailer 1 to the released game.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

A Stitch in Time C9

• United-States

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:57 AM

I'm already wishing this wasn't happening. As much as I loved the first two, I fear that the franchise has fallen into the wrong hands. The only platform Max Payne matters on is the PC, so when the chances are high that the PC version will be brutally raped by Games for Windows + zero optimization, I'll look away and try to forget.

And in the off chance the PC version turns out well, who's to say they won't miss the mark when it comes to getting the style and story of the game right. Needless to say, Remedy has left some big shoes to fill.

beavis
  • beavis

Lone Wolf

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:59 AM

Yeah, I did hear about the new management, and I hope they don't screw it up so bad. Oh well, I'll be optimistic like always.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:51 AM

Finaly a sequel to the best games EVER.

Now we just need another Hitman game.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (Supreme. @ Mar 23 2009, 23:19)
So, one of Rockstar's studios are developing it this time? The same studio that did Bully?! ...Remedy's not involved?!!?!! panic.gif

The amazing job they did with GTA IV and Bully for PC, gives me full confidence that the PC version will be a well-optimised masterpiece. sarcasm.gif

...I swear to Christ, if they f*ck this up (whether via sh*tty (and possibly delayed) port and/or the game itself), I'm going to be pretty darn angry at them for a little while and then forget about it. bored.gif

Skeptical is right, 3nix.

You do realise Vancouver had nothing to do with either of those ports don't you? Rockstar Toronto ported IV and Rockstar New England ported Bully: SE.

Anyway I hope Vancouver can make a fairly good sequel, whether they do or not is a different story.

GTA3Freak-2001: One can hope. smile.gif

unopieceo
  • unopieceo

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE (Xcommunicated @ Mar 24 2009, 14:57)
I'm already wishing this wasn't happening. As much as I loved the first two, I fear that the franchise has fallen into the wrong hands. The only platform Max Payne matters on is the PC, so when the chances are high that the PC version will be brutally raped by Games for Windows + zero optimization, I'll look away and try to forget.

And in the off chance the PC version turns out well, who's to say they won't miss the mark when it comes to getting the style and story of the game right. Needless to say, Remedy has left some big shoes to fill.

I hope it goes back to the style of the first one, whether it was intentional or not the characters were cheesy and over the top and so was the storyline, but I really loved it. It really had a personality of its own that stood out, the second became far more mainstream.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Blue lives don't matter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:53 PM Edited by Street Mix, 24 March 2009 - 05:34 PM.

R* Vancouver has not proved themself as good PC developers.

Hmm...They made 3 exclusive games for the PC (as Barking Dog Studios).
If you mean Bully SE - it was ported from X360 (I guess) by R* New England. And PC version is better than I expected.

Grae
  • Grae

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:06 PM Edited by Grae, 16 July 2016 - 05:59 PM.

You do realise Vancouver had nothing to do with either of those ports don't you? Rockstar Toronto ported IV and Rockstar New England ported Bully: SE.

Anyway I hope Vancouver can make a fairly good sequel, whether they do or not is a different story.

GTA3Freak-2001: One can hope. smile.gif

I realise that. If it were just one studio that was responsible for all of the R* console-to-PC ports, and for whatever reason that studio weren't involved whatsoever this time, then I'd breathe a lot easier. Vancouver may be different, who knows. But I think it's fair to be skeptical still, especially with the fact that Remedy aren't involved at all.

Just hope that it's not as I fear. Can just imagine the PC version being delayed six+ months after the console iterations, and then still coming out badly un-optimised, and further bogged down by GFWL/'Social Club'. If they simply have Vancouver do the console development, and then stick Toronto or New England with handling the PC port, that scenario is likely.

~

The game itself is another story. I wouldn't be surprised if they do the series justice, but we'll see..

SynTerro
  • SynTerro

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:52 PM Edited by SynTerro, 24 March 2009 - 03:54 PM.

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Mar 24 2009, 12:53)
R* Vancouver has not proved themself as good PC developers.

Hmm...They made 3 games for the PC (as barking Dog Studios).
If you mean Bully SE - it was ported from X360 (I guess) by R* New England. And PC version is better than I expected.

Sorry I thought it was the same studio that developed GTA IV for PC(R* Toronto). But still I am very sceptical, none Rockstar studios are considered good PC developers(Remedy is a good PC developer). It's a good thing that I am sceptical I might get suprised then.

Grae
  • Grae

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:04 PM Edited by Grae, 16 July 2016 - 05:59 PM.

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:29 PM

I never played the Max Payne games thoroughly, but i'll def give this one a pop.

Hopefully the original voice actor returns.

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:28 PM Edited by Black-hawk, 25 March 2009 - 06:34 PM.

QUOTE (lloydo @ Mar 24 2009, 11:29)
I never played the Max Payne games thoroughly, but i'll def give this one a pop.

Hopefully the original voice actor returns.

It won't be Max without him. However it will pretty retarded if they hire Wahlberg to do the voice overs.

FlexSlim
  • FlexSlim

Hater Player

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:35 PM Edited by Goldey, 25 March 2009 - 12:09 AM.

DFHSHRTSJTRJheqahqehuihku!!!!!!!
YEAH¬!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With a release date of "Winter 2009", I'm scared it will be a rushed affair, or that it will be majoly delayed...

Either way, FFFFFUUUUUUck yeah...

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:22 AM

We don't know how long its been in development though.

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:24 AM

Thank f*ck MP 3 is coming out. It's a great thing to hear. Just found ou myslef by visiting IGN. I loved the first 2 games. Ijust pray that Sam Lake will reprise his role a MP. That man did an awsome job with Max's voice.

Definitely getting this one.

chngdman
  • chngdman

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:46 AM Edited by chngdman, 25 March 2009 - 06:48 AM.

I wonder if it will still be like a graphic novel - they mention they are taking Max in a new direction, but they don't necessarily hint at all toward the actual presentation yet. I wonder if max will go to cutscenes, in game or rendered.

Wow, another Rockstar game coming out and this still isn't that PS3 exclusive mentioned. This is going to be awesome.

I wonder if Remedy will end up any role at all. For a long time, especially ever since rumors of it being near-disappearing, I thought Alan Wake would BE max payne three and that the first two games would have been his writings on that character, cause for a while there, it was really looking like max.

And then until I noticed remedy wasn't credited anywhere, I even thought that press release was hinting that. Obviously, this isn't even speculation, more like I'm just sharing a bit of "ah ha!" with you, but still... Mainly, however, I wonder just how much older he is, and how they will handle the story - if it will actually be graphic novel again, if it will still feel like a detective narration. I'm sure it will somehow, otherwise why revisit this IP and not just make an all new game? But will it be full-motion? I hope so, that would be a cool evolution for the series, but at the same time, I guess I wouldn't mind the gphic novel returning.

This is perfect timing and I actually saw it coming when they announced RDR2, Red Dead Redemption because of Bullet Time.

All that is missing now is Manhunt 3, Bully 2 and some new PSP/PS2 GTA love.

neo92boi
  • neo92boi

Agent is still coming to PS4....

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:29 AM

confused.gif Ok So let me get this straight..*clears throat*

Grand Theft Auto: Lost and Damned - 360 ---OUT!
Grand Theft Auto: China Town Wars - DS ---OUT!
Red Dead : Redemption - PS3,360 --- Fall 2009
Max Payne 3 - PS3,360,PC --- Winter 2009
LA Noire - PS3,(supposedly)360 --- TBA 2009
Grand theft Auto: Episode II - 360 --- TBA 2009

...................???Ummmm..hmmm! I do recall a few years back at E3 07' Rockstar Games and SCEA announced an EXCLUSIVE Franchise for the PS3 that would come out within the next two years.......It's uhh *checks watch* 6:30Am March 25,2009 here in Queens,NYC and still no word of it since! Wheres our game Rockstar*? angry.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Aside from that Im stoked about Max Payne 3! Man I cant wait to see bullet time in the RAGE engine, or better yet see the NYC skyline in a snowstorm in the RAGE engine.

Rockstar you never cease to amaze me.....in many different facets bored.gif

chngdman
  • chngdman

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:55 AM

THat wasn't a few years ago if 2007, and it was announced not long before the end of 08 wink.gif

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:08 PM

I just heard they were working on this game and being one of my main gaming titles (GTA, Syphon Filter, Resident Evil, Max Payne) I couldn't be more thrilled.

Give me more of the same, maybe add some of the weirdness of the first game back in, I'm good to go.

Much as I have at the PC gamers in the GTA forums, I've never liked Max Payne any other way than on the PC as the console versions are painful.

I can't wait to have my Bullet Time back!

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:26 PM

I was under the impression that L.A. Noire was an Playstation 3 exclusive, and thus was the game Rockstar were talking about some time ago. It may not being developed by Rockstar, but they are producing it.

chngdman
  • chngdman

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:35 PM

nah, all the news about that unannounced exclusive always says "and it's not LA Noir"

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:37 PM

I've yet to see any mention that L.A. Noire will come to another platform, though. Where abouts have you found this information?

beavis
  • beavis

Lone Wolf

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:53 PM

What ever game comes exclusive to us PS3 owners, I'm sure it'll be well worth it.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Blue lives don't matter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:06 PM

It's a Max Payne 3 topic, not "Where's the exclusive PS3 game?" topic. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users