Quantcast

» «
Photo

Max Payne 3

4,551 replies to this topic

Poll: For which platform will you buy Max Payne 3? (778 member(s) have cast votes)

For which platform will you buy Max Payne 3?

1. PlayStation 3 (204 votes [28.85%])

Percentage of vote: 28.85%

2. Xbox 360 (222 votes [31.40%])

Percentage of vote: 31.40%

3. PC (281 votes [39.75%])

Percentage of vote: 39.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote
DIze
  • DIze

108METALS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:23 AM

@ChickenAndBeer.
I know that.
But that creepy injury...

maciexb
  • maciexb

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 January 2017 - 07:46 PM

hello guys as i see that's a possible to swap a model of character in single player i saw a max payne 2 model so i shortcut it i'm looking a mod or try to create a model swapping max payne in single player in max payne 3 to Vladimir Lem <3

xXxKAMIKAZExXx
  • xXxKAMIKAZExXx

Stunt Pilot

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:08 AM

This game is so underrated. In my opinion, this is one of the rare games that truly deserves a 10/10 rating. I found no problems with the Xbox 360 and PC versions, the voice acting is great, the dialogue is excellent, the attention to detail is just incredible. The soundtrack, environments, tone, cinematography, controlls, lighting, physics - they are all just perfect. It's ashame that some people don't even know this game exists. So much work and effort have been put into this and it's really payed off. Well, for me anyway; apparently sales were very poor, so I'm not sure if we'll get any future Max Payne games any time soon. Regardless, if no one has tried this game already, I highly recommend it. This is how a shooter game is really done.
  • Street Mix, anthony, mikeinthahouse and 2 others like this

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

The Sound of Silence

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 11 February 2017 - 10:23 AM

I wanna mess around in this game so bad. Is there a GTAIV/V like native trainer where we can spawn weapons, NPCs, change player models, teleport to other locations and such?

Dream-_-Traveler
  • Dream-_-Traveler

Thanks4TheMemoriesGTAIV <3 ILY ALL.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:27 PM

If any1 still plays the multi for ps3 add me

M16_BAD_DREAM
  • BurnettVice likes this

BurnettVice
  • BurnettVice

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:33 PM Edited by BurnettVice, 17 February 2017 - 11:34 PM.

^^^^

Do you have the dlc that added co-op? Also it would be so awesome if we got another game like a prequel.

• Dream-_-Traveler likes this

Dream-_-Traveler
  • Dream-_-Traveler

Thanks4TheMemoriesGTAIV <3 ILY ALL.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:02 AM

^^^^
Do you have the dlc that added co-op? Also it would be so awesome if we got another game like a prequel.

No sir :( is it worth getting? What's the price?

BurnettVice
  • BurnettVice

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:38 AM

Yea I think its worth it getting, it's 4.99 on PSN. The name of the dlc is called Deathmatch Made in Heaven. One guy plays as Max and the other plays as Passos. The only downside there's only two maps.

• UltraGizmo64 and Dream-_-Traveler like this

mikeinthahouse
  • mikeinthahouse

Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:30 PM

This game is very well put together. I cannot believe Rockstar didn't put the physics/gunplay of MP3 into GTAV.  Max Payne 3 is awesomely balanced with the over the top gameplay, and the realistic animations. Shame it never made it into their biggest release yet. 

• Th3MaN1, Payne Killer and xXxKAMIKAZExXx like this

kBlaise
  • kBlaise

"We're two hombres in a strange town..."

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:51 PM

I'm crossing my fingers that this game will become backwards compatible on Xbox in the next few months.

• Payne Killer likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:12 PM

Was this teaser ever released? This person worked for R* apparently, looking at his brand portfolio.

https://www.behance....-Payne-3-Teaser
  • Jabalous and Payne Killer like this

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:40 PM

Was this teaser ever released? This person worked for R* apparently, looking at his brand portfolio.

No, I don't remember it was released.

• Spider-Vice likes this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:37 PM

Hmm, that was back when his face was still based on Timothy Gibbs.
  • Spider-Vice and Payne Killer like this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:11 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 18 March 2017 - 09:13 PM.

Looks like it was leaked way back in 2009! http://www.ign.com/a...-3-teaser-video

Here's also a video of it uploaded in 2009. Definitely leaked/unreleased as it still has the technical frame counter on the bottom!

I guess we just confirmed its legitimacy as it's now on the creator's Behance profile ;)

• Payne Killer likes this

Arrow
  • Arrow

Void Walker

• Members
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:26 AM

No, I don't remember it was released.

Max Payne 3 leaks didn't get much attention like RDR or GTA leaks. It's a shame. Atleast we know that behance is more reliable.

kBlaise
  • kBlaise

"We're two hombres in a strange town..."

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:21 AM

That's pretty cool. The art direction wasn't even finalized. And the fact that it was delayed by 2,5 years is pretty mind-blowing.

• Rodger Cheeto and Payne Killer like this

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:08 PM Edited by Jabalous, 20 March 2017 - 12:08 PM.

That's pretty cool. The art direction wasn't even finalized. And the fact that it was delayed by 2,5 years is pretty mind-blowing.

That happened because they overestimated their ability to deliver this alongside RDR, Agent, GTA IV DLCs, L.A.Noire and god knows what in a short time frame. They couldn't and the result was management focusing on one or two projects and leaving other developers floating by themselves with no direction. I believe this is why R* management has been getting bad feedback from ex-developers.
  • Rodger Cheeto, gajrajgchouhan and Payne Killer like this

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

The Sound of Silence

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 4 weeks ago

Still haven't found any native trainer..

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Spider-Vice, 2 weeks ago.

So, it seems like Max Payne 3 still has some secrets hidden away in its game files. Let's begin with a story. Before HEALTH took charge of the OST of the game, Pedro Bromfman (archive.is link without media player interaction), composer for Narcos and Tropa de Elite (Elite Squad) would be the one who would score Max Payne 3. He still has sample files on his website, which you can find on the left side menu or in this Google Drive folder. He is still credited in the game, despite none of his tracks actually being used.

His OST was completely different from what we hear today from Health. Hidden away in a Max Payne 3 folder (audio.rpf/sfx/interactive_music/), not only are the Red Dead Redemption death sounds they left behind, but also something very interesting. The file office_song_01 does not match HEALTH's style at all, and sounds like this:

https://drive.google...cl9zWjlaSXJVZVE (Stems joined by me, I didn't do any remixing work with them except for the lead bass that fades in about a quarter of the way. I just put them all together in their respective stereo channels)

It completely lacks HEALTH's raw power in the original OST and sounds more "classical" in tone, just like the samples on his website. A bit of a shame, I like HEALTH's OST a lot, but I think a soundtrack like Pedro's would've been slightly more fitting.

• Ruin, Duxfever, Mega and 7 others like this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I had downloaded MP3's entire music folder and had listened to that track, but I thought it was just a test song composed by Health, cool stuff. Bromfman's got a nice musical style, but I much prefer what Health did with the game, and the depressive sound they made for Max to go with the depressive tone of the game.

That said, I think some elements of Bromfman's favela track are still used in the final version (Favela_One_Song_2, I believe it's called), listen to them both and you'll definitely hear the same exact sounds used in both. Maybe that's why he's still credited.
  • Spider-Vice and Payne Killer like this

Ruin
  • Ruin

Arkhaiomelisidonophunikheratos

• The Yakuza
  • Japan

Posted 2 weeks ago

Many people disregarded it as a fan-made trailer due to the fact R* never utilized it. I had just finished MP2 and was hungry for more Max Payne and remember stumbling upon that.

So, it seems like Max Payne 3 still has some secrets hidden away in its game files. Let's begin with a story. Before HEALTH took charge of the OST of the game, Pedro Bromfman (archive.is link without media player interaction), composer for Narcos and Tropa de Elite (Elite Squad) would be the one who would score Max Payne 3. He still has sample files on his website, which you can find on the left side menu or in this Google Drive folder. He is still credited in the game, despite none of his tracks actually being used.

His OST was completely different from what we hear today from Health. Hidden away in a Max Payne 3 folder (audio.rpf/sfx/interactive_music/), not only are the Red Dead Redemption death sounds they left behind, but also something very interesting. The file office_song_01 does not match HEALTH's style at all, and sounds like this:

https://drive.google...cl9zWjlaSXJVZVE (Stems joined by me, I didn't do any remixing work with them except for the lead bass that fades in about a quarter of the way. I just put them all together in their respective stereo channels)

It completely lacks HEALTH's raw power in the original OST and sounds more "classical" in tone, just like the samples on his website. A bit of a shame, I like HEALTH's OST a lot, but I think a soundtrack like Pedro's would've been slightly more fitting.

Great songs! I wish there was a way to get these to play instead of Health's tracks. I never was a big fan of the actual utilized pieces.

Ruin
  • Ruin

Arkhaiomelisidonophunikheratos

• The Yakuza
  • Japan

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Ruin, 2 weeks ago.

This game is very well put together. I cannot believe Rockstar didn't put the physics/gunplay of MP3 into GTAV.  Max Payne 3 is awesomely balanced with the over the top gameplay, and the realistic animations. Shame it never made it into their biggest release yet. 

From what I remember MP3 uses projectiles and raycast shooting mechanics whereas GTAV uses traditional hitscan. Apparently GTAV + raycast mechanics would not work on PS(3)60 so they went with hitscan detection which is far less strenuous on the console.

A shame really, because while I never want to touch GTAV's deathmatches again, I still log on to MP3's multiplayer and play a few games from time to time. It's just too bad the multiplayer never developed a scene and for years if you want to play Multiplayer you'll have to settle for Large Team Deathmatch on the 3 base-game maps. I still haven't gotten a single game on the precinct. Ever.

Edit: Whoops, double-post. Sorry.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users