Quantcast

» «
Photo

Max Payne 3

4,507 replies to this topic

Poll: For which platform will you buy Max Payne 3? (749 member(s) have cast votes)

For which platform will you buy Max Payne 3?

1. PlayStation 3 (197 votes [29.10%])

Percentage of vote: 29.10%

2. Xbox 360 (217 votes [32.05%])

Percentage of vote: 32.05%

3. PC (263 votes [38.85%])

Percentage of vote: 38.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

Been playing this to get a feel of the shooting meahcanic for GTA V, makes me what it more

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

Been playing this to get a feel of the shooting meahcanic for GTA V, makes me what it more

I know right, you should have got it when it came out though.
It's amazing!

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

I know right, you should have got it when it came out though.
It's amazing!
I did, loved should've got GOTY

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:23 AM Edited by Chukkles, 12 September 2013 - 09:24 AM.

I've reached level 50 and will legend before GTAO hits.
What I wanna know is, is this XP I'm still gaining going to add onto my first levels of legend or will it all reset the moment I legend?

I want the all weapons bought achievement before I legend but am concerned that a few high level grinds are being earned with no where to put the XP.

sandman2020
  • sandman2020

7 11 12

• GTAF Crew
  • England

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

No, the XP you get whilst at rank 50 will not be added on when you legend up you will still start on zero XP on rank 1 no matter how much you put on now.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:16 AM Edited by Chukkles, 13 September 2013 - 12:17 AM.

No, the XP you get whilst at rank 50 will not be added on when you legend up you will still start on zero XP on rank 1 no matter how much you put on now.

Ahh. Thanks, I'd legend now but I only need 13000 in the next few days.
Definatly do-able.

sanpreet
  • sanpreet

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:31 AM

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:28 PM

You don't know how bad DRM is until you've experienced it.

I'm talking about Max Payne 3. I've been trying to play it for the past two days, but something with the Social Club f*cked up. So now on the PC (not too sure about the consoles) it's impossible to play the game. You're not even barred from the multiplayer. No, it needs to log into Social Club before you can even hit "Enter" to get past the title screen.

So no Single Player, or Multiplayer because Rockstar thought it was a good idea to increase the involvement of Social Club with their game.

Seriously, who thought this kind of sh*t was a good idea? If you're not 100% positive that your DRM is always going to work, 24/7, don't f*cking use it. There are people who legitimately pay for their games, and they're not able to use the product they paid for because you can't keep your sh*t together.

Don't get me wrong, I love Rockstar - but this is just disappointing.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:02 AM

Is the multiplayer still active with people?

Chessmaster
  • Chessmaster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:10 AM

Xbl i can find matches in FA only tdm. Wouldnt know about softlock but i imagine you could find tdm and gang wars matches.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:36 AM

I doubt it. I really want to check, but... GTA V has me looped.

I played it just weeks before GTA V's launch and the community was decent. Some of them claim they were practicing for GTA V.

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

Well, I got MP3 for xbox, but hated the game.

It was the worst game I've played on xbox360. and that's saying something!

I mean the ingame movies were horrible, and could not be skipped. And the character was an a-hole a-holic creep. the gameplay was okay, but all this was ruined by stupid, uninteresting missions and setpieces. For shame.

Max Payne 1 is still the best in series

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

I mean the ingame movies were horrible, and could not be skipped. And the character was an a-hole a-holic creep. the gameplay was okay, but all this was ruined by stupid, uninteresting missions and setpieces. For shame.

Screw you Max Payne 3 is a Fantastic game and much better than those 2 overrated clunky remedy games.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

Ain't nothin' over til it's over.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:41 AM

Screw you Max Payne 3 is a Fantastic game and much better than those 2 overrated clunky remedy games.

I disagree with you there. Those games are brilliant, in my opinion.

Also. Does ANYBODY play Max Payne 3 online any more? I just got on and there's barely anybody ever online anymore with maximum-spaced games being between five to ten people. It's sh*t. The only people left are the losers who just snipe.

Am I missing out? Some people need to play this online more. 

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:04 AM

Max Payne spotted in Los Santos

0_0.jpg

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

The guy who says Remedy's first two Max Payne games were rubbish.... obviously you are an ignorant person who probably never played those f*cking epic games when they were released. Seriously... how impressive R*s tech was with MP3 that's a similar effect the previous Max Payne games had at the time.

They were revolutionary... unique... graphically superior to whatever was out there at the time. Not to mention an awesome, dark and mature story (just "Film Noir" in videogames)

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

I love playing this online but I hate these f*cking idiots who lag or even when I melee them and they fall down, they kill me first with melee. I still love playing it though. Can't wait to get the Roscoe Street Station map.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

I love playing this online but I hate these f*cking idiots who lag or even when I melee them and they fall down, they kill me first with melee. I still love playing it though. Can't wait to get the Roscoe Street Station map.

All of the DLC maps are amazing, but almost NO ONE has them. So they vote for the boring ass, same old 4 maps.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

All of the DLC maps are amazing, but almost NO ONE has them. So they vote for the boring ass, same old 4 maps.

Only map that doesn't bore me is the Hoboken Alleys. I've gotta get the DLC Maps, definitely! Most people I know who have them have no idea what Roscoe Street Station is. It makes me feel sad.

If anybody plays this on Xbox, feel free to add me to play. My gamertag is ziggy557.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:28 PM

Man, I f*cking love this game too dam much.

Everything about it...

-The story

-The voice acting

-The music

-The cutscenes

-The mechanics, oh god, the orgasmic mechanics

...are nothing short of sublime.

I've lost count how many times I've beat this game, but it just gets better and better everytime. I still can't believe MP3 didn't win any major award; this game can't be praised enough.

• TheIllaDopest, Andreas and TaviColen123 like this

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:23 PM

Man, I f*cking love this game too dam much.

Everything about it...

-The story

-The voice acting

-The music

-The cutscenes

I've lost count how many times I've beat this game, but it just gets better and better everytime. I still can't believe MP3 didn't win any major award; this game can't be praised enough.

Really? 

Im thinking of buying it.

It the online still alive?

Is SP short?

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:52 PM

The MP is absolutely dead. DEAD. The single player on the other hand is amazing tbh. I think it might be worth getting it for the SP alone, if you decide to keep replaying it. Otherwise don't bother if you are planning to go online as well.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:40 PM

The single player on the other hand is amazing tbh.

Totally.  I had a great time with the single player...loved it.  I'd say MP3 is worth it just for single player.

I wouldn't say the single player is short.  Then again, I may not be the best judge of that kind of stuff.   

EntretainMeOrDie
  • EntretainMeOrDie

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:19 AM

So NOBODY plays MP anymore?

wow i thought it would never die

please awnser do i buy arkham origins or max payne 3?

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:10 AM

I'd say Max Payne 3, the story and gameplay is really well done, the way the cutscenes fuse with the gameplay, you'd be stupid to miss such a game.

Kreuzn
  • Kreuzn

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:57 PM

The MP is absolutely dead. DEAD. The single player on the other hand is amazing tbh. I think it might be worth getting it for the SP alone, if you decide to keep replaying it. Otherwise don't bother if you are planning to go online as well.

That's a shame. I was planning on reinstalling MP3 on my ps3 to see if anyone still played. It was one of the best third person shooters I've ever played. Campers were easy to flank, run and gun action was smooth and fun, lots of weapons and attachments to choose from, tons of load out possibilities for different play styles.

*sigh* if only gtao death matches played similarly.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:23 AM

I still play and I always find a FA room thats full in TDM

on psn btw

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:58 PM

Everything about it...

-The story
-The voice acting
-The music
-The cutscenes

I agree! This, in my opinion, is one of the best titles out there. Everything in it is so well done. The story is very interesting to follow, and I simply can't get enough of it. I got the game a few months ago, and played it through three or four times since then, plus some arcade modes, and so on. The mechanics are absolutely top-notch and fluidic, it's not even funny. The transition between cut-scenes and gameplay is seamless, you don't notice it at all. I cannot believe that MP3 sold less than Rockstar expected. And then the fact that it didn't receive any considerable awards, as far as I know. This has to be one of the most underrated games of all time, I'm not joking.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:14 PM

The single player on the other hand is amazing tbh.

Totally.  I had a great time with the single player...loved it.  I'd say MP3 is worth it just for single player.

I wouldn't say the single player is short.  Then again, I may not be the best judge of that kind of stuff.   

Although there are only 14 chapters or something like that, it's definitely not short. Each mission is pretty time consuming and fun. It's very long altogether. It took me 2-3 days to finish.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:13 PM

I agree! This, in my opinion, is one of the best titles out there. Everything in it is so well done. The story is very interesting to follow, and I simply can't get enough of it. I got the game a few months ago, and played it through three or four times since then, plus some arcade modes, and so on. The mechanics are absolutely top-notch and fluidic, it's not even funny. The transition between cut-scenes and gameplay is seamless, you don't notice it at all. I cannot believe that MP3 sold less than Rockstar expected. And then the fact that it didn't receive any considerable awards, as far as I know. This has to be one of the most underrated games of all time, I'm not joking.

Indeed. I think, ironically, MP3 suffered from being developed by R*. People just expected GTA: Brazil and not story-driven linear shooter. Also, the GTA V hype R* started with its first trailer right in the middle of MP3's marketing campaign backfired. Instead of buying MP3 to get a dose of dat R* magic, people may have decided to wait for V, not knowing it was so far away. And I remember people here hated MP3 a lot because R* didn't release any info about V since its first trailer and focused on MP3 instead. Or maybe it's just that shooter crowd is just casual (and I don't mean that as an insult). They don't look for new games and original experiences and are happy with playing just CoD and Battlefield all the time. Shooter has to make a heck of a splash to get people interested.

Apart from things you mentioned, one rather minor, but very important thing made me like MP3

Spoiler

• Andreas likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users