Quantcast

» «
Photo

Max Payne 3

4,501 replies to this topic

Poll: For which platform will you buy Max Payne 3? (737 member(s) have cast votes)

For which platform will you buy Max Payne 3?

1. PlayStation 3 (196 votes [29.47%])

Percentage of vote: 29.47%

2. Xbox 360 (213 votes [32.03%])

Percentage of vote: 32.03%

3. PC (256 votes [38.50%])

Percentage of vote: 38.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote
III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

I just got Max Payne 3 yesterday and I love it so far! I don't always understand the story that much, but atleast I can figure out the most of it.

Also, today I did a slow-mo jump into a closed cage door and I accidently got past it. Then I ran down the stairs and saw that the door to the left was open but then I saw that I was glitched out lol. The whole map was visible from the top and the ground was missing. Then I jumped and fell for ages and saw the big sun and then died lol.

That was funny.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 20:52)
QUOTE (cbiscuit93 @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 20:21)
So has anyone else's Max Payne just stopped working? Both discs can't even get past the initial load screen anymore. I can't even get to the main menu. This is very frustrating.

For me, Battlefield 3, Max Payne 3 and Assassins creed 2 are not getting past the load screen.

Wtf is wrong with the 360?

That only happens for my Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, and it's in better condition than every other game I have confused.gif
For Max Payne 3, navigating the menu moves pretty damn slow, until I select something. I don't know what's up with that.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (cbiscuit93 @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 22:29)
QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 20:52)
QUOTE (cbiscuit93 @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 20:21)
So has anyone else's Max Payne just stopped working? Both discs can't even get past the initial load screen anymore. I can't even get to the main menu. This is very frustrating.

For me, Battlefield 3, Max Payne 3 and Assassins creed 2 are not getting past the load screen.

Wtf is wrong with the 360?

Yeah it really sucks dude.
I knew my 360 was falling apart but this is ridiculous.

I think it might be an issue with XBox Live. I haven't tried today or yesterday but on the 23rd I couldn't get into Super Street Fighter IV. It was stuck searching for any dlc I had. XBox Live must have been having issues and I imagine those games are also getting stuck searching for dlc. I could be wrong. Certain parts of the XBox Live marketplace weren't loading either.

Řåvęń
  • Řåvęń

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:58 AM

Are there people still playing this? Because I used renewed my gold today.

Strength
  • Strength

Sugar Tits

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:46 PM Edited by Strength, 30 July 2013 - 01:04 PM.

QUOTE (cbiscuit93 @ Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 21:21)

Your HD is probably dying. Try to remove it and temporarily replace it with USB stick that has more than 16 GB on it. Install both discs on USB and start the game. If it works on USB then your HD is defected. If you can run the rest of your games from your HD (that were already installed on it before), don't get your hopes up. It's still dead because you can't install new games on it, but you can keep it and play the games that were already installed before. Had the same problem last year after I installed MP3 on my HD. The thing dyed right after. bored.gif I was so f*cking pissed because I already waited for two months to get the game delivered to my address, (since the site I pre-ordered from f*cked up everything possible with the delivery) and after getting my hopes up that I will be finally able to play old Max, my HD f*cked me up and I needed to wait for two more months to be able to play it properly. Good one God. Thank you. suicidal.gif

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:27 AM

Just picked this up today for £10 after playing a bit at a mates house.

Wow. This game is f*cking fantastic. I've never been a big fan of Max Payne before but Rockstar have really done a great job on this. Played through the first disc on Xbox so far and am gonna try to finish the story tomorrow. Found it to have a bit of a steep learning curve (died a dozen times on a part of the mission in the stadium) but hey, I like a challenge.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 13:27)
(died a dozen times on a part of the mission in the stadium)

Yeah, those bleachers are a real b*tch at times. Wait until you get to Chapter 10.

I played this game all the way through like 8 times in about one month and a half, literally just finishing it on nightmare mode and then going in again. I play without ever using cover, it makes the game so much more fun. The gun mechanics are so good smile.gif

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 00:47)

Yeah, those bleachers are a real b*tch at times. Wait until you get to Chapter 10.

I played this game all the way through like 8 times in about one month and a half, literally just finishing it on nightmare mode and then going in again. I play without ever using cover, it makes the game so much more fun. The gun mechanics are so good smile.gif

Yeah the mechanics are great and its eased my mind on what gun play in V will be like. Only issue I find is that the crosshair shifts to the left by itself and with me being right-handed, it gets really f*cking annoying.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:30 AM

^^ I love replaying the Stadium mission just to do the sniper part. tounge.gif

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Bluntmaster Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:04 AM

i love this game. The moment I truly knew this was the best game I ever played was in the departure lounge where Tears is playing, and once you pass the 1st part of the level, the vocals kick in.....I was in love

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:15 AM

When I got to that part, I kept think thinking this music is pretty good, imagine that part with put any music at all, how boring would it be

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 01:47)

Chapter 13 can be also pretty killer, I died a f*ckload of times in that one.

bluetops
  • bluetops

Chupacabra

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:29 AM

Anyone here knows how to get the "The One-Eyed Man is King" achievement/trophy?

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE (Spider-Vice @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 13:28)

I'm having trouble remembering where the chapters were set, where was 13 set

cbiscuit93
  • cbiscuit93

Pink Bandana

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:37 AM

QUOTE (billy james @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 02:30)
QUOTE (Spider-Vice @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 13:28)

I'm having trouble remembering where the chapters were set, where was 13 set

I believe 13 is the UFE HQ.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:58 AM

I really like this game. However, I do think gamers are getting kind of bad at their hobby. Some reviewers bitched about this game because they found it to be overly "difficult". It's not that bad. I've completed "Old School" difficulty without many problems. The first Max Payne and Manhunt are more difficult on their easiest settings than Max Payne 3 is on its hardest setting. A "difficult game" is only moderately difficult by 2012/2013 standards, legitimately difficult by 2006/2007 standards, and actually pretty damn difficult before that.

I still need to beat New York Minute Hardcore. I've went through it once, and I got to the seventh parts (with the boats). I've made the cute mistake of shooting Fabianna in the face on the last part. suicidal.gif

I can probably make it easily through all the combat parts, but there's still some stupid instances where you have to deal with friendlies in your way or that stupid QTE event (I believe it's at the end of Chapter 9).

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:57 AM

There are difficulty levels to cater for all gamers.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (bluetops @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 02:29)
Anyone here knows how to get the "The One-Eyed Man is King" achievement/trophy?

You probably have it by now but this video helped me get it:

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:38 AM

The hardest part in Max Payne 3 was the plain hanger, I f*cking died about 15 times, and I played on Normal.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (Simon_V @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 20:38)
The hardest part in Max Payne 3 was the plain hanger, I f*cking died about 15 times, and I played on Normal.

I had the same problem until I realised you can move from the spot it puts you, although I had the most epic moment then and that was jumping in slo mo when that guy shoots a grenade at you.

I was also on normal that part was hard

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:53 AM Edited by DarkKingBernard, 09 August 2013 - 10:58 AM.

QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 03:58)
The first Max Payne and Manhunt are more difficult on their easiest settings than Max Payne 3 is on its hardest setting.

I've recently started playing both games (Max Payne 1 and Manhunt 1) but Max Payne doesn't even have any difficulty settings. Great and hard game, love the save anywhere button tounge.gif

I replay certain parts of the level just so I would have more health on the next. Health is really damn important! Love it.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

Laser sights in this game are actually terrible. Can't tell if I'm hitting the guy or not. Should have stuck with the FAL cos now I can't kill the UFE soldier with the heavy MG and body armour in the headquarters.

sandman2020
  • sandman2020

GTAForums Crew

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 18:33)
Laser sights in this game are actually terrible. Can't tell if I'm hitting the guy or not. Should have stuck with the FAL cos now I can't kill the UFE soldier with the heavy MG and body armour in the headquarters.

Yeah I had trouble with the laser sights too especially in chapter 3 when trying to protect Giovanna on the nightclub roof whilst in the helicopter but all you have to do is turn them off, its the select button on the Ps3 I don't know what button on the Xbox

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:51 PM Edited by OchyGTA, 09 August 2013 - 10:20 PM.

QUOTE (sandman2020 @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 21:37)
QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 18:33)

Yeah I had trouble with the laser sights too especially in chapter 3 when trying to protect Giovanna on the nightclub roof whilst in the helicopter but all you have to do is turn them off, its the select button on the Ps3 I don't know what button on the Xbox

Thank you so much. I'm guessing its the back button on the xbox.

E: Ok, so there's making a game challenging and then there's making a game frustratingly hard. This guy in the body armor is literally impossible too kill. You have to hide behind cover or you die in three shots, but then he runs around the cover you're behind. How in the f*ck am I suppose to kill him. I must have unloaded a full mag into his head and it did nothing.

sublimelabs
  • sublimelabs

The Jimmy Rustler

• Members

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 21:51)
E: Ok, so there's making a game challenging and then there's making a game frustratingly hard. This guy in the body armor is literally impossible too kill. You have to hide behind cover or you die in three shots, but then he runs around the cover you're behind. How in the f*ck am I suppose to kill him. I must have unloaded a full mag into his head and it did nothing.

Weird. If you're shooting them directly in the head, they should go down easily. I have no problem taking them down.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (sublimelabs @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 22:33)
QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Friday, Aug 9 2013, 21:51)

Weird. If you're shooting them directly in the head, they should go down easily. I have no problem taking them down.

After countless attempts I managed to do it. Picked up an assault rifle as the sub machine gun wasn't doing much at all.

Finished the game tonight. Thought it was really good in all honesty with just one or two technical niggles that got on my nerves. The story was presented brilliantly and I felt attached to Max. This is the movie we should have got instead of that piece of crap Mark Whalberg film.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 13:02)
Finished the game tonight. Thought it was really good in all honesty with just one or two technical niggles that got on my nerves.

Mind telling us what they were?

I didn't think that film was that bad to be honest. You could do worse when it comes to video game movies, a lot worse.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 01:27)
QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 13:02)
Finished the game tonight. Thought it was really good in all honesty with just one or two technical niggles that got on my nerves.

Mind telling us what they were?

I didn't think that film was that bad to be honest. You could do worse when it comes to video game movies, a lot worse.

Enemy damage seemed to fluctuate a lot. I couldn't really find a rough estimate of how many bullets it was gonna take to kill a guy. This is regardless of their armour type and I just found it to be a tad odd. I could drop a cop without armour in one room with two bullets two the chest but in the next room, an identical enemy character model would take at least a mag in the same position.
Another issue I had was the sometimes worthless, or in some cases nonexistent, use of cover. This relates to chapter three specifically where I thought the lack of cover forced me to play the game 'the wrong way'. It's great that the AI can flank and flush you out with grenades as it makes the game more realistic and challenging, but, I found that in a number of situations the player cannot make use of the cover because it hasn't been laid out to counter specific threats. Not sure if I've explained this too well. I'll edit in the morning if needs be.

I didn't like the movie at all but that most likely ones down to the fact that I'm not a huge fan if Mark Whalberg.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:18 AM

Is there any way to change the controls for the weapon wheel on the PC?

On the console you use the right stick with the wheel open to select your weapon, but on the PC you are forced to scroll the wheel - which can be confusing and weird at some times. Any way to change it?

sublimelabs
  • sublimelabs

The Jimmy Rustler

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Saturday, Aug 10 2013, 02:38)
Another issue I had was the sometimes worthless, or in some cases nonexistent, use of cover. This relates to chapter three specifically where I thought the lack of cover forced me to play the game 'the wrong way'. It's great that the AI can flank and flush you out with grenades as it makes the game more realistic and challenging, but, I found that in a number of situations the player cannot make use of the cover because it hasn't been laid out to counter specific threats.

I think it's because Rockstar wants the action to be almost nonstop. Cover is just a temporary breather. Though I thought it was necessary for the favela levels. Jesus.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users