Quantcast

» «
Photo

General GTA chat

128 replies to this topic

Poll: Favourite GTA Protagonist (106 member(s) have cast votes)

Favourite GTA Protagonist

1. "Claude" (11 votes [10.58%])

Percentage of vote: 10.58%

2. Tommy Vercetti (30 votes [28.85%])

Percentage of vote: 28.85%

3. Carl "CJ" Johnson (24 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

4. Toni Cipriani (1 votes [0.96%])

Percentage of vote: 0.96%

5. Victor Vance (2 votes [1.92%])

Percentage of vote: 1.92%

6. Niko Bellic (30 votes [28.85%])

Percentage of vote: 28.85%

7. Johnny Klebitz (4 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

8. Huang Lee (2 votes [1.92%])

Percentage of vote: 1.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

The Droogs, Finally real rapists on the scene.

• Members

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:12 PM Edited by Pr0xy_fl00d3r, 03 April 2009 - 04:19 PM.

General GTA chat

As there isn't a forum for general GTA (as it would be pointless and underused) I thought I would make a topic for just random GTA related chat. For discussions about GTA that dont merit their own topic and ones that talk about more than one GTA game at once if you are unsure of which forum to use.

I just got Vice city stories today for PS2, only done the first couple of missions, Im really playing games from the III cannon more often, I bought GTA III for 2.99 the other day, bargain, although the case is a bit knackered, its still playable tounge.gif .

I was thinking of a fun thing to do if you had all of the III era games. Complete the games in chronological order. Starting from Vice city stories, Vice city, San Andreas, Liberty city stories then GTA III. Has anyone tried this?

P.S. Mods, if this is a bad idea then lock this or make a GTA General forum.

Also: Notice the random poll every month or so, remember to take part, It would be fun.

Update 3rd April 2009: Random poll changed to "Favourite GTA protagonist". Winner of "Favourite GTA" is GTA: Sna Andreas.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:14 PM

VCS is an awesome game, my favorite of the series in a tie with SA.

Speaking of which, I bought III, VC and SA all for PS2 today. So I have all the games on PS2 now.

I just unlocked the east island in VC last mission I did and for III, I have only done a couple of missions. Will do 100% on both. Haven't started SA yet, will do now!

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

• Members

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Mar 22 2009, 21:14)
VCS is an awesome game, my favorite of the series in a tie with SA.

Speaking of which, I bought III, VC and SA all for PS2 today. So I have all the games on PS2 now.

It feels nice having the whole GTA III cannon again, this is my third version of 3 as I broke my first one and my second was stolen.
I just need LCS now to complete the lot.

Playing III is bringing back fond memories inlove.gif

[Eoghan]
  • [Eoghan]

#yardies

• Members

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:20 PM

A GTA General topic is not really needed, anything that somebody needs help with or wants to talk about they can post a topic for, the Gta forums all have General Discussion as the first sub forum you join.
EDIT: Not trying to be a jerk just putting in my input, also kind of spam friendly as people well end up posting crap like "GTA is awesome" and spammy posts.

Aussiebushmatt
  • Aussiebushmatt

How's that for a slice of fried gold?

• Members

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:20 PM

I don't really get to play the III era anymore (minus LCS and VCS, because I have them on PSP) because I had them on my PS2 and I don't keep that connected when I have my Xbox 360 out.
*sigh*

Maybe they'll release III and VC on Xbox Originals, as SA was?
That's just me finding a reason to buy some MS points tounge.gif

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

• Members

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE ([Eoghan] @ Mar 22 2009, 21:20)
A GTA General topic is not really needed, anything that somebody needs help with or wants to talk about they can post a topic for, the Gta forums all have General Discussion as the first sub forum you join.

This is for discussion that relates to more than one GTA, or just random GTA questions.

For example: If someone wanted to talk about the "Favourite vehicles of the III era" which forum would that be posted in? III, VC or SA? Oh, I know...General GTA chat. icon14.gif

Or one of those Protagonist discussions i.e. "who is better" making threads for that is just a waste, and if it is Tommy vercetti vs. CJ for example and it was posted in the SA forums, wont the SA fanboys be bias towards CJ? or vice versa.

[Eoghan]
  • [Eoghan]

#yardies

• Members

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:31 PM

I guess, confused.gif . Good luck with your topic nevertheless.

copperwire93
  • copperwire93

Copperdude

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:18 AM

Isn't it will be fun, if all GTA games have connected story, like we play as CJ on SA then we make a deal with Tommy Vercetti. I miss the old character, what's your opinion?

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:52 AM

Cool topic. icon14.gif

I definately miss the old GTA's, twas plyin' GTAIII the other day and loved the simple gameplay.

I think IV with it's realism is much more serious and thus harder to get stuck into than the laid back feel of Vice City and old Liberty.

Anyone agree?

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:17 PM

Yeah, although I prefer the GTA IV rendition of LC its hard to forget about the original LC, Portland, Staunton & Shoreside vale, crackin' city.

I've always prefered Vice city to anything, not too small, not too big.

Which rendition of Vice do you prefer? The original or Vice city stories version?

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:18 PM

It's the unrealistic gameplay (compared to IV's at least) that gets me bored of old gen gtas. I still enjoy them because of the memories though. I can drive around vc for hours and still get a kick out of it.

manofpeace
  • manofpeace

Stay Gold

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:06 PM

I find that generally I liked the old games better for a quick Run N Gun session to calm my nerves, but IV is in almost every way a much higher production value for me, and the story is just fun to watch unfold as my actions count in the story, rather than just being something some guy told me to do. Don't get me wrong, San Andreas had its moments... but CJ was pretty much just a man-bitch for few guys. moto_whistle.gif

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (Pr0xy_fl00d3r @ Mar 23 2009, 13:17)
Yeah, although I prefer the GTA IV rendition of LC its hard to forget about the original LC, Portland, Staunton & Shoreside vale, crackin' city.

I've always prefered Vice city to anything, not too small, not too big.

Which rendition of Vice do you prefer? The original or Vice city stories version?

The Vice City Stories rendition without a DOUBT.

The VC version is dull and doesn't really feel 80's or totally summer-ish. I mean the beach is just dirty sand that has been rained on. The beach in VCS truly captures a summer looking beach and just feels way easier to get around in. Not to mention the untouchable atmosphere VCS has with the orange sky.

Ottae
  • Ottae

(/'ɒteɪ/)

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:54 PM

Don't see a problem having a dedicated topic. Can have a random poll every month or so.

Hence the random poll tounge.gif

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci Racing
  • Unknown

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:28 PM

My favorite is probably IV.

I like the atmosphere of GTA III the best. I loved LC, specifically Portland, Mafia Sentinels, etc. I'm glad it was the one (or the first one) that they redid for this gen.

I thought Vice City had the best story, cast, characters, and Tommy Vercetti. I mean what can you say other than Ray Liotta is the f*cking man. 80's Miami was also as big a change from then "present day" NY as I could imagine.

I thought San Andreas had the most to do. I loved flying, especially the Rustler, I miss planes in IV. Also loved "off road", whether it was the desert, back of beyond, etc., I just loved not being stuck on roads anymore, I miss that in IV also. At the same time it had a bunch of garbage in it that I absolutely hated, like lifting, eating, and dating. Dating sucks, I really wish it wouldn't have been such a big part of IV.

The two stories games were alright. Not horrible, but it was obvious that they were handheld ports. (I played them on PS2.) While I don't think they measured up to the others at all, they were also like less than half the price. Cost-wise they probably had more "bang for the buck" than any other PS2 games.

Then there's IV, which in my opinion is the one with the least to do. I got pretty bored of it a year or so sooner than any of the others. I feel they went the wrong way with it, style over substance, graphics over gameplay. Still, it looks so awesome, and the city is so immersive. IMO it feels much more like a real city than any of the others.

I feel that if IV had more to do after 100%, it would be light years better.

darius940304
  • darius940304

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:48 PM

It was a hard choice:
I loved GTA San Andreas but I like GTA Vice City Stories much more......and eventually chosed GTA Liberty City Stories...but I haven't played much of GTA Vice City Stories story yet so maybe it will be a tie between these three.....and GTA Vice City would come fourth along with GTA III...and unfortunatelly GTA IV would come last because I Haven't got to play it yet...maybe in foture...so my last choice

GTA LIBERTY CITY STORIES

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:42 PM

Thanks for the random poll tounge.gif
Vice city is by far my favourite due to Tommy being my favourite character and it having my favourite storyline.

Im loving VCS at the moment due to its good gameplay and intriguing story and I can help but say I also like San Andreas for its ridiculous gameplay features.

GTA IV is a runner up to my fave, I loved Niko, not as much as Tommy and the story was great, but not as good as VC imo.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:22 AM

San Andreas and Vice City Stories are my top two favorites. Wow, didn't expect GTA3 or Vice City being so good on the console version, it's just hard because you can't move the camera around Claude/Tommy's body and instead you get this annoying first person view.
And the lack of manual aim is worse but other than that both of the games are fun. I'm heading for a 100% on III, but I will do everything prior to gang hostility.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:28 AM

I don't miss the old GTA's. That's because I still play them. And I mean really, really play them. Just like when they first came out. And every now and then I beat the game again and again. I've only beat GTA4 once on Pc and I uninstalled it right after. After that I never felt the urge to install it again. So much for the greatest GTA ever.

As far as the poll is concerned, I voted for SA. The only reason I voted for SA instead of VC is because SA had more features. But overall both games are right next to each other on top of my list.

Gezim
  • Gezim

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:41 AM

I'd say Vice City. The theme till this day still gives me chills. I just absolutely loved the beaches and the buildings with beautiful Miami lights. With a great story, characters, mood, and city, Vice City definitely takes the crown. Like III, no dating bullsh*t is always a plus. I had seriously thought Rockstar had learned that we don't want any of that anymore, but they still had the urge to put it in IV.

SA was great too, with an absolutely enormous, gigantic, city. But since they introduced the whole gym, dating, ect stuff, it took me off.

It pretty much goes like this.
  • 1. Vice City
  • 2. Tough choice for second, but since GTA IV didn't include planes, I'm going to have to give it to San Andreas.
  • 3. GTA IV
  • 4. GTA III

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:27 PM

Vice City was great, I'll admit to that. However I do not think that it deserves all the praise it receives. The story is basically Scarface, albeit with a few alterations. I'm not knocking the game.

I think GTA III has to be top of the list for me. I enjoyed the gritty atmosphere, the strong mafia themes and The Yakuza. Claude may not have been the greatest protagonists, but he was probably one of the most badass.

Liberty City Stories is next on the list, mostly for the same reasons as GTA III.

atsike7
  • atsike7

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:29 PM

My fav is Vice City, second will be....IV or CW

devilrock28
  • devilrock28

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Mar 24 2009, 11:27)
I think GTA III has to be top of the list for me. I enjoyed the gritty atmosphere, the strong mafia themes and The Yakuza. Claude may not have been the greatest protagonists, but he was probably one of the most badass.

How do we know Claude was badass? He never talked, just nodded his head. I mean the way he punched the Cartel member in the last mission was pretty badass but that's about it. Tommy was more badass because he was a wise cracking mafia member and he really didn't have a soft side. He doesn't trust anyone either. Like when he first met Lance in "Backalley Brawl" he threatened to beat him up.

Gezim
  • Gezim

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:23 PM

How do we know Claude was badass?

The reason why I think so is because he just seems like the kind of guy who has no emotions, feelings, no conscious. Doesn't give a f*ck if he shoots a baby in the face or strangles an old man to death in a Wheelchair.

Just my take on the subject.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:14 PM

In terms of "badass" I think Tommy would claim that more than anyone, but Claude was just cold blooded, like Gezim said, he wouldn't care if he shot a baby in the face.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:20 PM

All of the GTA protagonists are fully badass. You can't deny that, all of them have killed a bunch of cops, gang members, and people which makes them a badass, if they weren't one why else would they be chosen as their respective game's protagonists?

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Mar 25 2009, 21:20)
All of the GTA protagonists are fully badass. You can't deny that, all of them have killed a bunch of cops, gang members, and people which makes them a badass, if they weren't one why else would they be chosen as their respective game's protagonists?

The good thing about Vic Vance is that he doesent want to, he doesent want to kill people or deal drugs, but he has to for his brother. Hes like a good guy in a way, he seems like the type of person who could be the protagonist in an old 90's action film XD

Niko is just great though, R* really went off the beaten crack with him, so much detaail in him during cutscenes, he really sells a good solid storyline.

devilrock28
  • devilrock28

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (Pr0xy_fl00d3r @ Mar 25 2009, 16:43)
QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Mar 25 2009, 21:20)

The good thing about Vic Vance is that he doesent want to, he doesent want to kill people or deal drugs, but he has to for his brother. Hes like a good guy in a way, he seems like the type of person who could be the protagonist in an old 90's action film XD

Niko is just great though, R* really went off the beaten crack with him, so much detail in him during cutscenes, he really sells a good solid storyline.

I agree with everything you said.

Killer.Khan
  • Killer.Khan

no.

• Members

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:10 AM

You know, as much as I used to argue with Flesh-N-Bone back in the day about how VC was so much better then SA, I actually have to say that SA is my favourite GTA of all time with VC comming in at a close second.

Maybe it's because I didn't play SA much back then and didn't get the full jist of the game back then. confused.gif

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:00 AM

I thought I would pose this question to the people of Gaming Chat, in hopes that they may be a little less narrow minded then those in the NeXt section: Do you think their is a possibility of a female protagonist somewhere in Grand Theft Auto's future?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users