The area opening missions (The Green Saber, Are you going to San Fierro? & Yay Ka Boom-Boom) will have to be done by a V1 player.
Do not use cheats or trainers.
Do not save after getting busted or wasted.
The Chain Game is for anyone who wants to play along, we are going to start a game from the beginning and take it to 100%.
Please read the Rules/Guidelines or the Newbie's Quick Start Guide before you start to play.
The Rules/Guidelines are here so that the game can progress and everyone can have an enjoyable experience while making a contribution to its completion.
Joining the Chain Game is easy and new players are always welcome. If you're new and want to plunge right in, simply follow the Quick Start Guide for now and read the complete set of rules later. You're excused for now, but eventually you'll have to...
Newbie's Quick Start Guide (by rubregg)
- Call a turn by posting in this topic
- Download the last save
- Play one mission
- Upload your save on gtasnp.com or the New uploader by hmvartak,
- Post the link to your game back here within 3 hours. Edit your original posting to do this. Have a look at other players' postings and you'll get the idea.
- You can follow this link to go directly to the latest posting in the topic.
- Call the mission that you want to do or just call a turn by posting in the topic.
- The definition of a "mission" is "any named mission". Examples are "In the Beginning" "Learning to Fly" and "Big Smoke". If the save file name changes, then it's a "named mission".
- Download the previously posted save file. We want to use the same save file throughout the game and take it to 100%. After 100%, we can see who has the fastest racing times.
- Use the posting format (see below for the format).
- Complete ONE named mission only, save it and post a link back in the topic (use edit). See below for a listing of 'named' missions that are 'lame' & may be done with one other 'named' mission.
- Use Samutz, New uploader by hmvartak, Rapidshare or YouSendit to upload.
- Wait until 3 other turns have been completed before calling another mission.
- If 6 hours pass without another gamer calling a mission, then the 3 mission rule is reset & anyone may call a turn. This does NOT mean to wait 6 hours between personal mission/turn calls.
- Time limit to complete the mission is 3 hours. We will use the post time in the topic. The timer starts when a mission is called. After 3 hours and the caller has not posted, it's a forfeit and anyone else may call a mission.
- The caller may call a forfeit. The forfeiter should wait at least one turn before calling another mission/turn. The forfeited turn will not count towards the '3-mission' rule.
- In the event of two gamers calling a mission the first one does the called mission.
- Mission strategy is up to the caller - just don't use cheats/trainers.
- Do not save after getting busted or wasted.
- The caller may purchase/collect items (weapons, etc.), eat, dress, date, get a tattoo, workout & get a haircut for CJ.
- The caller may do any non-named missions/collections/deliveries in the 3 hours. Please report any extra stuff in the Notes section.
- The caller doesn't have to call a mission when all they want to do for example is collect/do 25 tags, or do the Vigilante mission. In that case, just call a turn, but remember that the 3 hour time limit will still apply.
- We expect the players to also adhere to the gtaforums.com rules. This will include "No warez/piracy (linking to, requesting or discussion of illegally obtaining copyrighted material) & Never open multiple accounts."
A request to all players:
Please try to post the completion percentage from the stats after you have completed your turn. This will help in putting together the stats at the end of the round (stats by girishb). The completion % can be found in STATS/MISC.
- Do not fail a mission unless it's to collect a special vehicle (BP/DP/EP/FP). If a special vehicle has been collected, let us know in the Notes section.
- Try to keep the safe house saves minimal. If you have a game crash problem on your system multiple saves are alright - save when you don't want to lose some progress.
- Avoid known glitch situations, though you may use the the one for "NRG-500" and the Ammu-Nation glitch (but remember that some players like to see the clip count which disappears when the ammo exceeds 9999).
- Try to save with full armor.
- Collect ammo when possible.
- Save close to available missions when possible.
- Letís try to have the last save for 100% be "End of the LineĒ, so letís try to get everything else done before that.
- "Lame Missions":
Some missions are Named Missions although they are in fact only cut scenes without any action going on. These missions *are now Free Missions* and can be combined with any other one Named Mission. --> Examples: Verdant Meadows, Fish in a Barrel
- Stadium Events:
All Stadium Events, BMX & NRG-500 *are now Free Missions* and can be combined with any other one Named Mission.
- Race Tournaments:
With the exception of the 3 races you do within the storyline (Lowrider, Badlands A/B), all races *are no longer Named Missions*.
--> You can do up to 3 races and/or Stadium Event(s) if you don't do a Named Mission as well.
--> You can do 1 race or Stadium Event if you also do a Named Mission.
(Thanks to rubregg for putting the 'Lame' missions rule together)
- Have FUN!
<Here's a link for The Chain Game FAQ>
For those who would like to spray tags/collect oysters/take snapshots/gather horseshoes, you can find the program for SAMA here, it will provide relevant maps showing which ones are left.
<Here's a link to the Checklist (Managed by !!GameCH33TA!!)>
Links to pdescobar's convert program and V2.0 scripts:
Link to rubregg's Easy script switcher (PC)
Here is the posting format to use:
Mission: Use the mission name as it appears on the screen. Don't use mission descriptions like 'that mission where you chase the jet'
Called by: Use your handle.
Status: 'in progress' or 'completed'.
Notes: anything pertinent to the mission/strategy or extra stuff done.
Completion %: from stats section
[color=f97330][b]Called by: [/b][/color]
This supplement is designed to discuss some of the technicalities of the Chain Game's rules, and it was thought best to provide these in the original post.
(1) Abuse of the '3-mission' rule:
Callers are encouraged to understand the basic ethos of the Chain Game. One should only call a mission, once the previous caller has completed his/her called mission and posted the new save. That's the basic idea of the chain: a new link can only be attached as long as the previous one is bound. Hence, to call a mission while a previous one is being completed, defeats the entire logic of the chain. In such a case, one can actually wait around and call every 5th mission beforehand, and negate the possibility of others to call the mission. This seems to be a fine loophole of the 3-mission rule, which callers should not exploit. Let's also consider the fact that when a mission/turn is called that the 3 hour timer has started.
(2) Exceptions to the 'One Named Mission' rule:
•"King In Exile"
•"Made in Heaven"
The above missions are all cut scenes in the Catalina strand in the Badlands. The icons for her missions trigger each of these, in sequence, though it is up to the caller to decide which of Catalina's jobs they'd want to pull off. In each such case, the caller should call the cut scene (like "First date") and also the job (e.g.: "Local Liquor Store"). The format should be: Missions: First Date/Local Liquor Store. The caller can't help but do a 'double', so to say, as one can't save after the cut scenes, and in these cases the 'one named mission' rule is exempted.
•"Back to School"
•"Learning to Fly" (does not change the save file name)
•"Boat School" (does not change the save file name)
•"Bike School" (does not change the save file name)
The above vehicular schools are comprised of 'named' tests (e.g.: "Burn and Lap", "Circle the Airstrip", "Land, Sea, and Air", "Stoppie" etc.). Callers should take note that 'named' tests are not equivalent to 'named missions'. Hence, callers should call schools and not particular tests, even though it may seem, for some, to be against the 'one named mission' rule. To call and do one single test, or only a set of two/three tests, would only add confusion to future callers, and be an impediment to the progress of the Chain Game. Callers also note: in the posting format, you should use "Back to School" and "Learning to Fly" and not 'Driving School' and 'Flying School'.
• The 'CV' icon at Wang Auto after "Back to School" and "Yay Ka Boom Boom" are completed
This one's a little different from the first four, as even though an icon appears for Cesar on the map, and you go to the dealership at Doherty, it is not followed by a mission, and instead opens up Cesar's strand at San Fierro. This is different, also, from "Verdant Meadows" because even though the mechanic involved is the same, the latter is a named mission, while this is not. Callers may buy Wang Auto after the completion of "Back to School" or "Yay Ka Boom Boom" (whichever is done later), and this will not be considered as a violation of the 'one named mission' rule. Alternatively, callers may buy it before starting "Zeroing In", if it wasn't purchased beforehand.
(3) Missions exempt from the 'One Named Mission' rule:
• The Chiliad Challenge
• "Verdant Meadows", as mentioned above
• "Fish in a Barrel"
• "Stadiom Events"
• Los Santos Race Tournaments
• San Fierro Race Tournaments
• Las Venturas Race Tournaments (Cars)
• Las Venturas Racing Tournaments (Aircraft)
(4) Non-storyline missions which alter the save names:
• BMX (now a "Free mission")
• NRG-500 (now a "Free mission")
• Zero's Missions
• Cesar's Missions in San Fierro
• Heist Missions in Las Venturas
(5) Other things to keep in mind:
• Dating : All callers can help CJ progress with any of the 6 girlfriends in the game. It does not have to be called separately, and if it is, then the '3 hour' rule will apply as always. It is best not to alter CJ physically and instead collect all oysters as soon as possible to make him forever desirable.
• Import/Export : All callers are allowed to participate in exporting cars, and this does not have to be called separately. Callers, however, must remain true to the spirit of the Chain Game and only export cars when full earnings can be availed. Do not export damaged cars. Callers can also help by storing cars on the lists beforehand as and when they come across these. The Cheetah and the Huntley are probably best to stock up early.
• Turf Wars/Gang Wars : These can be separately called for, and also be completed otherwise. The second round of wars in Los Santos should be completed before "Riot", as this saves a lot of trouble and makes the last few missions speedier. The posting format for these would be: Mission: Gang Wars.
Have fun playing!
This is not a modded game.
Thanks to crazyanurag, ajkhan316', Plaka, Tornado Rex, & wolf68k for helping put this together.
Also thanks to:
meth. for the 100% checklist.
pdescobar for the banner artwork.
Samutz for the [SnP] Uploader/Downloader.
hmvartak for a special chain game oriented Uploader/Downloader.
pdescobar for the V2 conversion program.
I got the idea for the Chain Game from Orion_SR 08/05.
The Chain Game Officers are:
Inactive Chain Game Officers:
<Here's a link to the Checklist (Managed by !!GameCH33TA!!)>