Photo

Multiplayer mods fix?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic
gtafirestorm
  • gtafirestorm

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 March 2009 - 05:47 AM Edited by gtafirestorm, 22 March 2009 - 05:51 AM.

Is there a fix yet to allow mods to be used in multiplayer for the new patch rockstar released?

I would like to have the latest version of the game and have mods installed and still have access to multiplayer with out having to have a non modded version of my game installed!

Gouveia
  • Gouveia

Back to Kingston

• The Yardies
  • Brazil

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:09 AM

Probably not.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:10 AM

If we allowed a tool, or mod like that to exist, or the discussion of such a tool or mod, we would be helping people cheat, and going against the policies set forth by Rockstar Games. So don't look for it here.

gtafirestorm
  • gtafirestorm

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:36 AM Edited by gtafirestorm, 22 March 2009 - 11:44 AM.

QUOTE (DexX @ Mar 21 2009, 22:10)
If we allowed a tool, or mod like that to exist, or the discussion of such a tool or mod, we would be helping people cheat, and going against the policies set forth by Rockstar Games. So don't look for it here.

Um I don't see how me asking if mods for gtaiv were still going to be possible as being something that was bad. Is this not a gta forum all about modding GTA???? That is why I came here.... I was not tring to cheat anything... Lets put it like this... There's this mod I want that changes weapon icons but if I install it I can no longer play multiplayer... So I wanted to know if there was a fix that lets me have a mod installed like that and still be able to play multiplayer. But you just straight jumped my sh*t and I don't understand why??? And also you say that tools like that would be against rockstar policies???? What about img tool, txd workshop, sparkiv, openiv, g texture all of those are tools posted on these forums that allow you to edit gta game files which is against the agreement that rockstar makes you agree to to play the game. Modding is against Rockstar policies how ever you have a modding showroom for your forums that has mods for GTAIV that no longer work and are against policies yet me asking for a fix to keep modding possible for GTAIV that keeps those mods working is all of the sudden wrong?? I'm confused...

Shadow-Link
  • Shadow-Link

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:44 AM

Pretty sure he means modding in multiplayer. Mods are for singleplayer not for multiplayer..

Don't post in every topic that modding is against the forum rules cause it's not. Only when you use mods in Multiplayer it's against the rules.

gtafirestorm
  • gtafirestorm

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:48 AM Edited by gtafirestorm, 22 March 2009 - 11:51 AM.

QUOTE (Prince-Link @ Mar 22 2009, 03:44)
Pretty sure he means modding in multiplayer. Mods are for singleplayer not for multiplayer..

Don't post in every topic that modding is against the forum rules cause it's not. Only when you use mods in Multiplayer it's against the rules.

I call bullsh*t!!! Modding GTA in any form is against the policies set forth by Rockstar to have mods in single player means no online play i want online play and mods installed either way it's against the rules! so don't tell me modding is legal without getting your facts straight first.. Terms of service user agreement says that if you wanna play you have to agree not to edit the game in any way which means tools that edit the game are against the agreement and against forum rules as well as every mod ever posted!

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:53 AM

With the 1.0.3.0 patch, R* has disallowed modding in online games on GTAIV. So...why would we allow discussion and/or distribution of a 3rd party utility or patch that circumvents the protection put in place by the game publisher, and lets people cheat online? R* makes no distinction about texture mods vs car spawners (or any other types of mods), which means neither do we.

This.

simkas
  • simkas

That guy

• Members

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:54 AM

I hope no one makes such fix. Because if someone will, multiplayer will again get filled with assholes using godmode or spawning 20 tugboats and making half of the people crash.

gtafirestorm
  • gtafirestorm

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:03 PM Edited by gtafirestorm, 22 March 2009 - 12:07 PM.

QUOTE (DexX @ Mar 22 2009, 03:53)
With the 1.0.3.0 patch, R* has disallowed modding in online games on GTAIV. So...why would we allow discussion and/or distribution of a 3rd party utility or patch that circumvents the protection put in place by the game publisher, and lets people cheat online? R* makes no distinction about texture mods vs car spawners (or any other types of mods), which means neither do we.

This.

They have also disallowed you to have mods in single player because it will not let you update with mods installed and if you update and then mod your game you have no multiplayer options there for you can not have mods. Then you say: So...why would we allow discussion and/or distribution of a 3rd party utility or patch that circumvents the protection put in place by the game publisher.... Well lets see you allowed 3rd party sparkiv and 3rd party openiv to be allowed which circumvents the protections set forth by rockstar to stop mods from being installed in even a single player game?

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:11 PM

You're gonna have to try harder than that Switch.

aruisgod
  • aruisgod

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:12 AM Edited by aruisgod, 02 April 2009 - 06:42 AM.

Aru fixed sparkiv to make mods work online in gtaiv 1.0.3.0 so does that mean that his tool gets removed from the forums, he gets banned and his topic locked? DEXX did say above

QUOTE (DEXX)

Does this mean the following will happen?

user posted image

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:47 PM

*sigh*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users