Photo

Crashing Issue Since Installing Patch

6 replies to this topic
Salacon
  • Salacon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:20 PM

Okay, last night and every time before that I have not had any issues with playing the game. Now ever since installing 1.0.3 earlier today I can't play. The game either gives an error where "GTA IV has encountered a problem and needs to close" or I just get crashed to the desktop with no error. It's always at the point right before actually playing the game. I press Start, the characters show, and "LOADING - NAME OF LAST MISSION" all happen, but then the screen is black, my sound goes kinda weird, and I get either the error or just a crash to desktop.

CPU: AMD X2 4400+
RAM: 2 GB
Video: GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB

My drivers are up-to-date, and I have even tried reinstalling the game and downloading the patch directly from Rockstar's website with no luck.

camdean
  • camdean

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 March 2009 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (Salacon @ Mar 21 2009, 23:20)
Okay, last night and every time before that I have not had any issues with playing the game. Now ever since installing 1.0.3 earlier today I can't play. The game either gives an error where "GTA IV has encountered a problem and needs to close" or I just get crashed to the desktop with no error. It's always at the point right before actually playing the game. I press Start, the characters show, and "LOADING - NAME OF LAST MISSION" all happen, but then the screen is black, my sound goes kinda weird, and I get either the error or just a crash to desktop.

CPU: AMD X2 4400+
RAM: 2 GB
Video: GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB

My drivers are up-to-date, and I have even tried reinstalling the game and downloading the patch directly from Rockstar's website with no luck.

I am getting this as well, I get stuck at loading screens when trying to run a new game and the benchmark utility, I re-installed the game and applied the new patch and this happens.

My drivers are up to date, it was working fine with last patch, don't know what else to do.

Vista 64
Q6660 Quad @ 3.2Ghz
ATI 4870x2
6GB Crucial ram

camdean
  • camdean

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:39 AM

I fixed this last night, this is what I done after my first install failed ..

I ran my free CC registry cleaner programme and cleaned the registry, then I chose custom install options and selected C:\GTA\ as the install directory instead of the default one, this seemed to help and it started working perfectly icon14.gif

fera
  • fera

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 March 2009 - 03:48 PM

I fixed it just recently.

It appears that auto save games are in the different format than those from previous patch. After I deleted the autosave file, the game continued to function normally but from the point of last actual save in the safe house.

Now, this wasn't good enough for me because the last time I actually saved the game in safe house was month ago. So I found out how you can go to the point of last auto save biggrin.gif

All you have to do is downgrade to the patch 1.0.2 (just install the patch. I downloaded it from http://games.softped...-IV-Patch.shtml). After that, start the game, save it imediatelly in the safe house and quit. Now reinstall the 1.0.3.0 patch and, presto, your game is working with the new patch cool.gif

Salacon
  • Salacon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 March 2009 - 04:11 PM Edited by Salacon, 22 March 2009 - 04:21 PM.

Camdean, you installed 1.0.3 and now you're fine? I tried exactly what you did, but it didn't work out for me... Blah.

I did, however, install 1.0.2 and the game works just fine. It seems 1.0.3 is causing me some issues.

Edit: Oh, thanks, Fera. I'll try that real quick.

Edit #2: Awesome, Fera! I'm good to go now. Thanks a lot!

fungus303
  • fungus303

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 March 2009 - 04:24 PM

the games runs fine with new patch, but i still got textures problems.... but only once in a while... and a little lag, from time to time....

44-46fps

1920x1080p 40" LCD TV

HD4870 512mb DDR5 ( overclocked to 830/950 ) - Catalyst 9.3 vista 64

4gb ram 1:1 fsb/dram @ 1000mhz

quad 8200 @ 3.30ghz (OC)

smile.gif

beastt
  • beastt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (fera @ Mar 22 2009, 15:48)
I fixed it just recently.

It appears that auto save games are in the different format than those from previous patch. After I deleted the autosave file, the game continued to function normally but from the point of last actual save in the safe house.

Now, this wasn't good enough for me because the last time I actually saved the game in safe house was month ago. So I found out how you can go to the point of last auto save  biggrin.gif

All you have to do is downgrade to the patch 1.0.2 (just install the patch. I downloaded it from http://games.softped...-IV-Patch.shtml). After that, start the game, save it imediatelly in the safe house and quit. Now reinstall the 1.0.3.0 patch and, presto, your game is working with the new patch  cool.gif

hey people.. first post and join just then to say THAT this did work smile.gif ive reinstalled many many times,did the ccleaner .... didnt work unfortanly sad.gif but loading up on patch 2 saving it again install patch 3 and loads again and doesnt crash smile.gif back to playing again smile.gif thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users