Title Update Version 1.0.3.0

1,111 replies to this topic
bobbeh
  • bobbeh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:13 PM

smile.gif

Great, thanks for that. But one problem - You still can't bind the mouse buttons to 'Move Forward' and 'Move Backward'!!!!!!

Any chance of fixing this in the next patch? Soon please! I can only use the mouse buttons for movements since i had an accident and damaged my left hand.

Please fix this soon!

confused.gif

Uxot
  • Uxot

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE (bobbeh @ May 14 2009, 16:13)
smile.gif

Great, thanks for that. But one problem - You still can't bind the mouse buttons to 'Move Forward' and 'Move Backward'!!!!!!

Any chance of fixing this in the next patch? Soon please! I can only use the mouse buttons for movements since i had an accident and damaged my left hand.

Please fix this soon!

confused.gif

sad for you pal....hope they patch it for ya xD

SilentScream
  • SilentScream

Courtesy, Professionalism, Respect.

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:56 AM

Hello guys.

Does anybody know that is already possible to make vehicle models, and not only textures? It will be very good to have a real NYPD Ford Crown Vic...

Procyon
  • Procyon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:16 PM

Do i need all the previous patches installed before i install this?!

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (Procyon @ May 20 2009, 23:46)
Do i need all the previous patches installed before i install this?!

No, you only need to install the latest patch. It includes all updates of the previous two patches.

bhavya2
  • bhavya2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:22 AM

could anybody please repond to this :

I play gta 4 patch #3 ,and there is definately a great improvement in the performance ...
but the main problem is : there seems to be random freezes which ultimately lead to game crashing or system rebooting.
There seems to b another major problem : the game freezes in the mission the "museum piece"
after the first cut scene i go to johny (no problems so far) another cutscene and so soon as the screen loads up BAM it freezes there ...

earlier thsi used to happen in the mission where we supposed to follow the crack dealer to his appartment(it used to freez when i tried to open the door of the room he was in )...but this got sorted out as this time i did not spook him just carefully followed him and completed the mission

"Musiem piece" is my only mission right now available so basicaly i m stuck( is that we are supposed to follow specific mission sequence???) sad.gif sad.gif

Now days another problem has come up ..... while playing the game MY SYSTEM AUTOMATICALLY SHUTS DOWN (bam and its off not even rebooted)(i know this may sound funny but this actually happens)....IF i m not palying the game no such problem appears.

Please i really need help on this
i know it lot to ask but any help pertaining to my issues would be grateful smile.gif smile.gif

My system config:
AMD athlon 64 X2 Duyal core processor 4000+2.10GHz
Ram: 3 Gb
Grafics card : Nvidia geforce 9500 gt
windows xp

Nillus
  • Nillus

Nice New Tits btw

• Members

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (bhavya2 @ May 21 2009, 01:22)
could anybody please repond to this :

I play gta 4 patch #3 ,and there is definately a great improvement in the performance ...
but the main problem is : there seems to be random freezes which ultimately lead to game crashing or system rebooting.
There seems to b another major problem : the game freezes in the mission the "museum piece"
after the first cut scene i go to johny (no problems so far) another cutscene and so soon as the screen loads up BAM it freezes there ...

earlier thsi used to happen in the mission where  we supposed to follow the crack dealer to his appartment(it used to freez when i tried to open the door of the room he was in )...but this got sorted out as this time i did not spook him just carefully followed him and completed the mission

"Musiem piece" is my only mission right now available  so basicaly i m stuck( is that we are supposed to follow specific mission sequence???) sad.gif   sad.gif

Now days another problem has come up ..... while playing the game  MY SYSTEM AUTOMATICALLY SHUTS DOWN (bam and its off not even rebooted)(i know this may sound funny but this actually happens)....IF i m not palying the game no such problem appears.

Please i really need help on this
i know it lot to ask but any help pertaining to my issues would be grateful smile.gif   smile.gif

My system config:
AMD athlon 64 X2 Duyal core processor 4000+2.10GHz
Ram: 3 Gb
Grafics card : Nvidia geforce 9500 gt
windows xp

Freezing the game and shutting down your PC during a heavy task often means that the system cuts the power for safety reasons because it's:
A) getting too hot, GTA: IV stresses your CPU and GPU like a mad mofo generating alot of heat
B) not enough watts coming from the powersupply

First run a program to measure your temperatures while playing GTA IV, often ALT-TAB out of it to check them.
I have a Intel Core 2 Duo so I use 'Realtemp' for measuring my temps, but since you're an AMD user you should use Speedfan or Coretemp. It can read the temperature from the sensors in your CPU.
Also GPU-Z (google it) to measure your graphic card temperature.

If your temperatures stay alright (they really shouldn't get like 60 degrees celsius or higher while just doing GTA IV, even not with stock coolers) and the computer keeps shutting down, then you should make sure the powersupply provides enough power to the hardware when it's running at full load - AT ALL TIMES.
I haven't experienced this myself, but I know that when your powersupply is generating not enough power the system will cut power automatically.

Hope this helps. turn.gif

bhavya2
  • bhavya2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:03 AM

yeah checked it .............nowdays normal temp is around 40-50 but when i play gta4 it reaches upto 80 even 102 .WOW
i used Everest it gives temperatrures of everything

Nillus
  • Nillus

Nice New Tits btw

• Members

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE (bhavya2 @ May 22 2009, 00:03)
yeah checked it .............nowdays normal temp is around 40-50 but when i play gta4 it reaches upto 80  even 102 .WOW
i used Everest it gives temperatrures of everything

Well a CPU hitting 100+ temps... is definitely not right.
Most BIOSes (mine for example) shutdown when the CPU temp goes past 80C to avoid damage. That's probs whats happening at your PC.
If see my CPU is running 60+ I would flip the switch on the PSU immediately, as people say that temps just above 60C don't burn your CPU, but it isn't just good for it's longevity etc. happy.gif

I assume your processor runs at stock speed with stock cooler. (aka no overclocking)
It should never go above 60C even if you stress it to hell.
You should check if there is something wrong with the CPU cooler and heatsink.
When it isn't attached properly then the CPU can't flow it's heat out of your case and it begins overheating.
It's obvious that this overheating process goes much faster during a task such as GTA because it's very CPU intensive, and when it's getting too hot your system cuts its power to avoid damage.

That's whats happening methinks. smile.gif

bhavya2
  • bhavya2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:16 PM

thanx big help

truehighroller
  • truehighroller

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (bhavya2 @ May 22 2009, 18:16)
thanx big help

I don't think your temps are all that healthy but mine hits about 76 celcius max and that is with Intel Burn Test which will stress the hell out of the processor within a few seconds more then any other program which is why I use it to test stability. Now I don't know what your CPU is rated for but, mine is rated to be able to get up to 100 celcius and then it will start ideing it self back. Here I googled it in the background for you,

Temperature:

stepping G1: max. 55-72 °C,
stepping G2: max. 55-68 °C.

You have the G2 Stepping. So yes you are over on your temps big time. Sounds like you have a fan failing or dust has just clogged everything, or your CPU is crap and dieing. The first few are more likely then the last. Hope that helps, now get to work on finding out which one the issue is.

Dungeoncrawler
  • Dungeoncrawler

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:20 AM

I was wondering if it is safe to keep clip enabled on now? I now it use to adversly affect performance.
Thanks.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:28 AM

QUOTE (Dungeoncrawler @ May 23 2009, 08:50)
I was wondering if it is safe to keep clip enabled on now? I now it use to adversly affect performance.
Thanks.

I don't know how or in what way it affected performance, but I have it enabled on my game and I do not notice any drop in performance. The easiest thing to do here is to enable it and see for yourself if it affects your in-game performance.

SilentScream
  • SilentScream

Courtesy, Professionalism, Respect.

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE (SilentScream @ May 18 2009, 07:56)
Hello guys.

Does anybody know that is already possible to make vehicle models, and not only textures? It will be very good to have a real NYPD Ford Crown Vic...

So, sup with this thing?

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (SilentScream @ May 23 2009, 13:57)
QUOTE (SilentScream @ May 18 2009, 07:56)
Hello guys.

So, sup with this thing?

This forum is only for discussion of unmodded copies of the game. You'll find the answer to your question in this forum.

Dungeoncrawler
  • Dungeoncrawler

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE (girishb @ May 23 2009, 06:28)
I was wondering if it is safe to keep clip enabled on now?  I now it use to adversly affect performance. 
Thanks.

I don't know how or in what way it affected performance, but I have it enabled on my game and I do not notice any drop in performance. The easiest thing to do here is to enable it and see for yourself if it affects your in-game performance.

I thought in the second patch RS actaully disabled this feature because of this issue? Might be thinking of somethng else.
However, I will give it a try next time I decide to play gtaiv. Thanks for the reply.

truehighroller
  • truehighroller

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 May 2009 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (Dungeoncrawler @ May 23 2009, 04:40)
I was wondering if it is safe to keep clip enabled on now?  I now it use to adversly affect performance. 
Thanks.

I thought in the second patch RS actaully disabled this feature because of this issue? Might be thinking of somethng else.
However, I will give it a try next time I decide to play gtaiv. Thanks for the reply.

It caused a really bad memory leak for the game, that was the issue. I remember it taking me forever to find that out and when I turned it off it was like a whole new game.

Dungeoncrawler
  • Dungeoncrawler

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:46 AM

QUOTE (truehighroller @ May 23 2009, 13:00)
QUOTE (Dungeoncrawler @ May 23 2009, 04:40)
Thanks.

It caused a really bad memory leak for the game, that was the issue. I remember it taking me forever to find that out and when I turned it off it was like a whole new game.

I thought it was something. Listen, really appreciate the replies gents smile.gif .

The Horror Is Alive
  • The Horror Is Alive

Monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane.

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE (The Horror Is Alive @ Mar 21 2009, 12:39)
File mirror with no waiting and good speeds:

DOWNLOAD

I have just found out that with my mirror in the quote above, I have transferred 815GB of patch data to you ungrateful lot tounge.gif

Just a bit of trivia.

tommiegunz
  • tommiegunz

Talking crap 24/7

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:06 PM

How come it isn't working on my:

Q6600,
HD4850
WVistaUltimate SP1

Should work I suppose, but gives error:
wrong service pack (yapping about xp i believe).

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (tommiegunz @ May 24 2009, 21:36)

Are you sure you have Vista Service Pack 1? Right-click on My Computer > Properties. It should be mentioned there.

tommiegunz
  • tommiegunz

Talking crap 24/7

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ May 24 2009, 16:19)

Are you sure you have Vista Service Pack 1? Right-click on My Computer > Properties. It should be mentioned there.

Yeah I'm sure.
Check:
user posted image

truehighroller
  • truehighroller

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (tommiegunz @ May 24 2009, 13:46)
QUOTE (girishb @ May 24 2009, 16:19)

Yeah I'm sure.
Check:
[

I think you need to do a reinstall of your os then because unless you are using the original patch you shoudln't be getting that error message unless your os is screwed up.

BoredGuest
  • BoredGuest

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:31 PM

It says in the patch notes that you can now remap the mouse buttons and stuff on the controllers, which is good because I like to use LMB to move forward and RMB to shoot. But I've downloaded the latest patch, and it still won't let me do this. Any help? I'm probably being a bit dumb, I haven't played GTA IV for a while.

Marcin6
  • Marcin6

Hustler

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:28 AM

In this patch my music dont working in-game , why ????

Woulie
  • Woulie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:48 PM

Hi everyone,

I have been reading this forum for quite sometime, now trying to figure out how to run GTA IV Patch 1.03.....

I have 2 computers ready, my desktop pc doens't start the game at all. End up in "Not Responding" every time before start up.
But that's a minor problem at the moment.

I still have my laptop to play the game, and I played it just fine on mid-settings.
I finished the game with patch 1.01 without problems.
This weekend I reļnstalled GTA IV just for some extra fun but I need patch 1.03 to play on windows live.

There my problems started. I have the terrible framedrop/memory leak issue at the moment.

I already tried everything in FAQ with the commandline options, all settings on low and detail/view distance on 0. I can't run it longer than 30 min.
And the overal frames are between 0 and 15 fps
I tried with memturbo but that doesn't help, and I am running GameBooster.

My question is aquatly quite simple now, is it possible to install patch 1.01 and let GfW think it is 1.03?
This way I will be possible to play it again :-)

Grtz

My specs:
Windows Vista 32bit
NVid Geforce 9600M GT, 512 MB dedicated. Total available memory: 1776 MB
4 GB RAM
T9400 @ 2,53 GHz

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:24 PM

Those problems are due to GFWL. You'll have to reinstall the game and install the new version of GFWL OUTSIDE THE GAME, otherwise it'll do that.

Woulie
  • Woulie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (Spider-Vice @ Jun 8 2009, 17:24)
Those problems are due to GFWL. You'll have to reinstall the game and install the new version of GFWL OUTSIDE THE GAME, otherwise it'll do that.

So you mean I have to uninstall game again,
uninstall GFWL
, install GFWL from Microsoft Live site
and then reinstall GTA IV?

Thx for the advise, I give it a try when I am back home :-)

niko7.8
  • niko7.8

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:02 PM

why you use my name NAT WTF maybe I don't know ?????

alv24
  • alv24

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:37 AM

thank1 but i want to have a pc game trainer for GTA 4 version 1.0.3.0. like god mode,unlimited ammo and no wanted cryani.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users