Rickzu
  • Rickzu

Hay guys!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (Marduk123 @ Mar 21 2009, 13:27)
i hope someone find a way to bypass that sh*t lol

You know what happens then, right? You and your friend get your fun, and the multiplayer online descends back to hell.

Marduk123
  • Marduk123

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:32 PM

i did like it like that wink.gif
or they shld have make , i dont know maybe
a type of game that allow mods ...
i dunno
its more fun to drift or go fast in bikes ...
then play normal games
well in my case
its really boring to paly the normal game

Now or Never
  • Now or Never

Mr. Sabatini

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (Marduk123 @ Mar 21 2009, 13:32)
well in my case

Shut uuuupppp!!! dontgetit.gif bored.gif
And be happy the new patch is out... tounge.gif

Firkon
  • Firkon

xD

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:34 PM

i did like it like that wink.gif
or they shld have make  , i dont know maybe
a type of game that allow mods ...
i dunno
its more fun to drift or  go fast in bikes ...
then play normal games
well in my case

I loved playing free mode with mods etc. Other gametypes i didn't mod/hack/cheat etc, because there is no need for. In free mode it's boring without mods. Couldn't R* please set mods only to free mode. tounge.gif

Arturs_Z
  • Arturs_Z

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:34 PM

Love Rockstar blush.gif
no cheaters at least blush.gif

Hydro_PT
  • Hydro_PT

THE S.T.A.L.KE.R.

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:35 PM

Well here's my little "review" about the patch. Surely it has some great improvements:

- My game is smoother than ever, and the option to turn shadows off improve the FPS by 4-5. Also the game looks better without shadows than with shadows IMO. So, that's good. My FPS are now between 40/30 all the time, and I'm abusing, because I'm using high settings that I shouldn't. Still the game runs very good. I still think you guys can optimize even more the game engine, but so far it's very good. The game is powerful, so don't expect to run it at high settings.

- The missing objects returned! I didn't check all the places, of course, but I checked some and the objects are back. biggrin.gif

- It's cool that you can now configure all the keys. I didn't change those though, because I'm so used to my configuration already. But it will be useful for players that are not yet used to the default controls that you cannot change, or keys that you cannot assign a function.

- The anti-cheat system works so far! I had some mods and hacks for singleplayer and free roam online, but even though I can use them in SP, I cannot use online. Finally we can play without cheaters or hackers ruining the fun! I think I'm gonna play online all day.

- The clocktower and other things are also working, I checked. It's a good graphical addition.

In general I would give this patch a 8 in 10. It brings some good improvements (specially the graphics settings and the anti-cheating measure) and it shows that Rockstar Toronto are aware of the game's problems and what players want. Still there are things to fix IMO, but I'm sure they will work on them for the upcoming patches. We just need to wait.

Thanks Rockstar for this patch, so far the best one. smile.gif

Oh and btw... some pics:

http://img27.imagesh...php?g=gta1e.jpg

OabAli
  • OabAli

Apesh*t

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (Now or Never @ Mar 21 2009, 13:33)
well in my case

Shut uuuupppp!!! dontgetit.gif bored.gif
And be happy the new patch is out... tounge.gif

+10

Rickzu
  • Rickzu

Hay guys!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (Firkon @ Mar 21 2009, 13:34)
I loved playing free mode with mods etc. Other gametypes i didn't mod/hack/cheat etc, because there is no need for. In free mode it's boring without mods. Couldn't R* please set mods only to free mode. tounge.gif

No because freemode was sh*t with mods aswell. Arseholes with rocket guns and indestructible cars harassing others.

Subversion1337
  • Subversion1337

IPISubversion

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:37 PM

People who use mods that give them an advantage over normal players in an online game were killing this game. Thank god its been dissallowed. Thank you R*! There are hundreds of players that don't post here who were crying out for anti-cheat in the lobbies and games, everytime a rocket pistol dickhead came in or a flying car spawner. And you've also re-enstated the legitimacy of the online ranking system. You have done a great thing R* by disallowing modded files in online games. Thank you very much once again.

To all the moaners, screw you, you don't even deserve to be heard imo.

TiRANB
  • TiRANB

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:37 PM

It's available from the update site now

miarkus
  • miarkus

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:38 PM

I'm loving this new patch biggrin.gif No more stuttering, and performance is so much better

WELL DONE R* icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

Firkon
  • Firkon

xD

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (mortal_soldier @ Mar 21 2009, 13:36)
QUOTE (Firkon @ Mar 21 2009, 13:34)

No because freemode was sh*t with mods aswell. Arseholes with rocket guns and indestructible cars harassing others.

The kind of cheating with rockedguns sucked really yes. Or spamming the cars and objects. That kind was really annoying. But just drive around very fast with a car? Is that annoying? Or spawn a Sultan RS, not millions, just one to drive?

wesley123
  • wesley123

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (ThomasPL @ Mar 21 2009, 12:50)
What about AA?

Anti alliassing is hard to build in a program afterwards, so even when it will ocme it wouldnt work even correctly as the game isnt made for AA, atleast that is what i read.

Arturs_Z
  • Arturs_Z

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (Hydro_PT @ Mar 21 2009, 13:35)
Well here's my little "review" about the patch. Surely it has some great improvements:

- My game is smoother than ever, and the option to turn shadows off improve the FPS by 4-5. Also the game looks better without shadows than with shadows IMO. So, that's good. My FPS are now between 40/30 all the time, and I'm abusing, because I'm using high settings that I shouldn't. Still the game runs very good. I still think you guys can optimize even more the game engine, but so far it's very good. The game is powerful, so don't expect to run it at high settings.

- The missing objects returned! I didn't check all the places, of course, but I checked some and the objects are back. biggrin.gif

- It's cool that you can now configure all the keys. I didn't change those though, because I'm so used to my configuration already. But it will be useful for players that are not yet used to the default controls that you cannot change, or keys that you cannot assign a function.

- The anti-cheat system works so far! I had some mods and hacks for singleplayer and free roam online, but even though I can use them in SP, I cannot use online. Finally we can play without cheaters or hackers ruining the fun! I think I'm gonna play online all day.

- The clocktower and other things are also working, I checked. It's a good graphical addition.

In general I would give this patch a 8 in 10. It brings some good improvements (specially the graphics settings and the anti-cheating measure) and it shows that Rockstar Toronto are aware of the game's problems and what players want. Still there are things to fix IMO, but I'm sure they will work on them for the upcoming patches. We just need to wait.

Thanks Rockstar for this patch, so far the best one. smile.gif

Oh and btw... some pics:

woot!!! clock tower working. thnx for screens smile.gif

Now or Never
  • Now or Never

Mr. Sabatini

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:39 PM Edited by Now or Never, 21 March 2009 - 01:41 PM.

QUOTE (Hydro_PT @ Mar 21 2009, 13:35)
Well here's my  little "review" about the patch. Surely it has some great improvements:

Thanks Rockstar for this patch, so far the best one.  smile.gif

Oh and btw... some pics:

Nice nice...

Red_153D
  • Red_153D

LCPD

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:40 PM

Scrolling signboards
- Activate missing scrolling signboard text (ie. highway signs, Star Junction, Clock Tower Sign)

Wasn't that hard, was it? smile.gif

lilmcnessy
  • lilmcnessy

FenderCore

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (Subversion1337 @ Mar 22 2009, 02:37)
rocket pistol dickhead

To fix the weapon and explosions cheating issues maybe have an online file which creates the stats for online games and is not editable by players and the files on your computer should only affect single player.
Is that how the script works in mmorpgs?

Rickzu
  • Rickzu

Hay guys!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (Firkon @ Mar 21 2009, 13:38)
The kind of cheating with rockedguns sucked really yes. Or spamming the cars and objects. That kind was really annoying. But just drive around very fast with a car? Is that annoying? Or spawn a Sultan RS, not millions, just one to drive?

That's not the point. If you allow the fun mods you're getting the bad ones in a bundle.

I am for an online mode for mods thought, something like Freemode with mods that would be separate from Freemode without them.

The Horror Is Alive
  • The Horror Is Alive

Monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane.

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:43 PM

File mirror with no waits and good speeds:

DOWNLOAD

Firkon
  • Firkon

xD

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (mortal_soldier @ Mar 21 2009, 13:42)
QUOTE (Firkon @ Mar 21 2009, 13:38)

That's not the point. If you allow the fun mods you're getting the bad ones in a bundle.

I am for an online mode for mods thought, something like Freemode with mods that would be separate from Freemode without them.

That's an great idea! A seperate onlne mode for mods and one for without mods. So people who liked to use mod can play that kind. smile.gif Great idea! Maybe for next update? smile.gif

ishan23
  • ishan23

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:44 PM

maybe a noobish question,but will reinstalling affect my save games.
if yes please tell me how to backup them?

Arturs_Z
  • Arturs_Z

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:44 PM

now when watching leaderboards, there is no funny sounds lots of times, but now only one time smile.gif

Marduk123
  • Marduk123

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:46 PM

look each people have their opinion so the guy telling me to shut up
you go and shut up yourself

lilmcnessy
  • lilmcnessy

FenderCore

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:49 PM

Did this patch replace any old files, I have Niko's old face back which is good because someone went wrong with the texture of it and his eyes disappeared so i had to download a new one

Rickzu
  • Rickzu

Hay guys!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (Marduk123 @ Mar 21 2009, 13:46)

Yeah, Hitler had his own opinions too, why didn't they just leave the poor guy alone? Because if they did, europe would be f*cked right now.

It's the same with modders, let them be and everyone else who doesn't share the same opinions shall perish in the explosions from rocket glocks.

Now or Never
  • Now or Never

Mr. Sabatini

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE (Marduk123 @ Mar 21 2009, 13:46)

That would be me but sorry kind of the patch has not been completely tried yet so lets not judge before we know... confused.gif

Marduk123
  • Marduk123

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:52 PM

but what i said first, was handling.dat mainly not stupid weapon
whatever, i dont give a f*ck, they do what they want seriously
you think what you want
i dont care
lol
f*ck

Now or Never
  • Now or Never

Mr. Sabatini

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:54 PM

R* link now works...

Murcchachosa
  • Murcchachosa

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:57 PM

Well, I readed the whole topic.
So I'll give it a try how the game plays on an integrated GPU.

Rickzu
  • Rickzu

Hay guys!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (Marduk123 @ Mar 21 2009, 13:52)
but what i  said first,    was  handling.dat  mainly not   stupid weapon
whatever, i dont  give a f*ck, they do what they want seriously
you think what you want
i dont care
lol