Photo

Title Update Version 1.0.3.0

1,111 replies to this topic
Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (ExistHaunebu @ Mar 22 2009, 23:57)
QUOTE (Gforce @ Mar 23 2009, 00:28)
finally we get the full game that i played and enjoyed on 360, massive performance boosts ........ well done R*

only thing i'm unhappy with is that you took the images.txt file out of the equation, and now we can't mod/remove the damn map img's !!!  suicidal.gif

we WILL find another way !!!  sneaky2.gif

Massive performance??? You run DualCore right??? Good for u lucky one!

i'm running a well below min spec PC (AMD X2 5000, 3gb ram and 2x7600GT in sli) and got a nice 5fps increase, now i'm getting an average of 22fps tounge.gif

nothing spectacular, but they seem to be addressing low end PC's wink.gif

reznor
  • reznor

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:21 AM Edited by reznor, 23 March 2009 - 12:24 AM.

Finally installed,render is more beautiful and more fluid but sometimes I have this problem :
user posted image
it's annoying confused.gif

scammer1
  • scammer1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:26 AM

lol

IronFixXxeR
  • IronFixXxeR

Texan

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:59 AM

reznor: Looks fine to me.

miketrnr4530
  • miketrnr4530

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE (Hydro_PT @ Mar 22 2009, 23:22)
Anyway, I agree with you on some things. I think Rockstar should do one of these things: allow cheating in Party Mode ONLY or allow the host to activate / deactivate the use of cheats in free mode and party mode ONLY. Pretty much like the host can change the weather, traffic and other settings, it could allow or disallow cheating. And if you were using cheats and the host would disallow them, you would get kicked from that particular match and return to the lobby.

All the other game modes, player or ranked, should keep this anti-cheating feature. Let's hope Rockstar does that in an upcoming patch. Shouldn't be that hard, I think, to code such a thing. They already gave a big step forward, now they just need to tune so everyone can happily play. Modders can enjoy freeroam with their friends and do movies. Cheaters can cheat with other cheaters on their own matches, and players like me can play ranked matches without having to worry about someone cheating.

I agree with you friend, this is a good solution. It will definitely discourage the idiots who spoil other peoples' fun.

ExistHaunebu
  • ExistHaunebu

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (reznor @ Mar 23 2009, 01:21)
Finally installed,render is more beautiful and more fluid but sometimes I have this problem :
user posted image
it's annoying confused.gif

Wow that very Nice!!!!!

Now u can play some modify lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

Hydro_PT
  • Hydro_PT

THE S.T.A.L.KE.R.

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:33 AM Edited by Hydro_PT, 23 March 2009 - 01:38 AM.

@miketrnr4530

Let's just hope Rockstar takes that decision. I think they will, after seeing the changes with this patch. They sure are reading our opinions, and they want to make GTA IV a better game.

So Rockstar Toronto member (whoever is behind that, I imagine a good part of the team, maybe), I'll repeat again what is, IMO, the best way to take care of the cheating in multiplayer. You can do one of two things:

1st: Allow cheating in Party Mode ONLY. Keep free mode, player matches and ranked matches with this or a better anti-cheating system that doesn't allow mods or trainers. And if someone is found cheating, you could ban their serials. tounge.gif

2nd: Allow the host to activate / deactivate the use of cheats in free mode and party mode only. Pretty much like the host can change the weather, traffic and other settings, it could allow or disallow cheating. And, for example, if you were using cheats and the host would disallow them, you would get kicked from that particular match and return to the lobby. I don't think this would be hard to code in the game, since you already coded this feature to block every mod. But introduce this option in free mode and party mode only. Leave all the other player and ranked matches as it is, to prevent cheating.

I would go for the second one, I think it would be just perfect. Modders could enjoy free roam with their friends and do movies and have fun. Cheaters could crash their own free mode servers with massive spawn of cars, speed boost, teletransport and other sh*t. And players like me could enjoy any kind of match (player or ranked) and also free mode without having to deal with cheaters or moders.

Think about this for the next patch. You're walking in the right direction, it's taking time but the game is becoming better and better. Just listen to us and do your work. turn.gif

PS: I'm loving the online of GTA IV atm. So f*cking amazing, no cheaters at all. And believe it or not, but I see much more players doing great games. I just spent the day playing TDM, DM, Mafyia Work, Races and co-op missions without trouble. Even free mode is pretty good, you gotta be fast and have skill to stole good cars, get a chopper and so on. And pretty much everyone do their own stuff. I spent 2 hours on the same match and it was a great time. I had fun with other players, something I didn't remember having in GTA IV for some time...

TiRANB
  • TiRANB

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:45 AM

user posted image

I love the traffic

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE (TiRANB @ Mar 23 2009, 01:45)
user posted image

I love the traffic

What's your point?

freak2121
  • freak2121

I'm bored.

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE (chasez @ Mar 23 2009, 01:51)
user posted image

I love the traffic

What's your point?

The city seems so alive?The traffic is like NY?He just loves the traffic and no point?

hamzta09
  • hamzta09

Speeeed.

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (freak2121 @ Mar 23 2009, 01:54)
user posted image

I love the traffic

What's your point?

The city seems so alive?The traffic is like NY?He just loves the traffic and no point?

There is barely any traffic with car density below 99! cookie.gif notify.gif barf8bd.gif

Patrickadizzle
  • Patrickadizzle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:12 AM

How can I turn shadows off completely?

I don't see that option the graphic menu sad.gif

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:17 AM

Highlight shadow quality then cycle through the options, they are Off, Low, Medium, High, Very High. Put the shadow quality to Off and that turns the shadows off.

Patrickadizzle
  • Patrickadizzle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:20 AM Edited by Patrickadizzle, 23 March 2009 - 02:22 AM.

Thank you! icon14.gif

edit:

Hmm

Seems it wont let me choose off.

I can only select low, medium or high. I have a 512MB graphics card so I can't choose very high, but Im not sure why it wont let me select off.

ExistHaunebu
  • ExistHaunebu

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (hamzta09 @ Mar 23 2009, 03:02)
QUOTE (freak2121 @ Mar 23 2009, 01:54)
user posted image

I love the traffic

What's your point?

There is barely any traffic with car density below 99! cookie.gif notify.gif barf8bd.gif

jep hamzta, thats right.

The city looks dead to me in original. Less cars, no busses, no rare trucks........nothing??

Looks like real new york now????? Hmmmmmmmmm......ok, perhaps after S.A.R.S.-Epidemic. tounge2.gif

hero_g
  • hero_g

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:47 AM

Let's try

BooostFlare
  • BooostFlare

BooostFlare

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE (ExistHaunebu @ Mar 23 2009, 01:31)
QUOTE (reznor @ Mar 23 2009, 01:21)
user posted image
it's annoying  confused.gif

Wow that very Nice!!!!!

Now u can play some modify lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

HAHAHAHAH!!!Nice dude! lol.gif How did you do that???? wow.gif I also want such 'GHOST' cars in my game! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

thundercat222
  • thundercat222

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:13 AM

is rockstar going to fix the endless audio loop problem? i tried emailing them and i never got a reply from them. rockstar tech support must be a f*cking joke.

Sub12
  • Sub12

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:17 AM

It just goes to show how nothing is good enough for some people. Also, an alarming number of issues are hardware/piracy crack related, and Rockstar has to take the fall for everything. Personally, I have never had any issues of the sort. Of course I would like more FPS, AA, and so on. But you have to make compromises. Compare GTA IV to a standard corridor shooter. There are literally hundreds of times more people, buildings, shadows to be rendered. It's a marvel they got it running on current gen systems in first place. They're working on it. Report your problems and move on. No need to write hate-posts about Rockstar.

speedy_69x2
  • speedy_69x2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:32 AM

icon13.gif patch 1.0.3.0 not good for me it has completley slowed things to a near crawl,
before I was running on patch 1.0.2.0 with the commandline fix and the game was
playing pretty well up until I installed patch v1.0.3.0. Even on patch 1.0.2.0 It would
still stutter and missing textures and shadows not so good but damnit it was playable.
Now its not playable for me. I will not post my specs here because I have done that it
some of my previous posts. No need for screenshots b/c I can see that in other screens
that have been posted here. The shadows is terrible no matter what I do it still is grainy
and just plain looks like sh*t. Well guess I will have to do a new install and go back to patch
1.0.2.0 at least it does play and looks somewhat better than the patch 1.0.3.0 (Damit)
Also would like to ask if doing a new install do you have to apply patche #1 and then patch #2
or can you just patch it to 1.0.2.0 after new install of GTA4? do the patches have to be installed
in order and can they be bypassed. But it's probally a good idea to do patch #1 and then patch #2
like I had it. Was just wondering? Also does the commandline.txt file have to be loaded with the new patch
I have not tried to run the game without it after patchiing to version 1.0.3.0? So I can say that
patch #2 works somewhat better than patch #3 dunno why but it has made things wosre for me. icon13.gif

So now we are gonna need another patch #4 to hopefully fix the game again, Rockstar WHAT IS GOING ON????
Overall game I like it but the bugs in the game is terrible sh*t I can turn options on in Farcry2 and have a
good game and fairly smooth even on my hardware. Farcry2 plays very well and high settings GTA4 not gonna happen Why?

Well anyhow hope this gets fixed once again sad.gif

I just can't understand why this keeps adding more and more issues everytime they patch it someone is not reading the post
and the issues that eveyone is having sh*t even the gamers on higher end machnes still have problems.
Damn Rockstar read the postas??

peace

speedy

$3@N
  • $3@N

WERZ DA DAM PATCHZ

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:36 AM

if this does not fix resc10 i shall uninstall the f*cking game and keep playing it on my shiny 360 alien.gif

fabio000
  • fabio000

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:38 AM Edited by fabio000, 23 March 2009 - 06:43 AM.

Yeah, i use mods in single player but never, never in deathmatch race etc. And if i want to play online i have to delete all cheats and want my cheats put them in all again? They should use something that the host can decide if cheats are allowed to use, and if they are used by someone they should find a code so they can turn there cheats off in that game

TheRealPcGamer
  • TheRealPcGamer

The Master of PC Games

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:52 AM

Well, I have emailed R* and get their answer about EFC20 ERROR.

1.Use original LaunchGTAIV.exe
2.Launch the game from RGSC

But in my desktop which is installed illegal copy still has this issue, so for those who are playing illegal copy, you can use XLiveLess.
Dunno why but that makes the game launch again just like normal wink.gif

thundercat222
  • thundercat222

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (Sub12 @ Mar 23 2009, 05:17)
It just goes to show how nothing is good enough for some people. Also, an alarming number of issues are hardware/piracy crack related, and Rockstar has to take the fall for everything. Personally, I have never had any issues of the sort. Of course I would like more FPS, AA, and so on. But you have to make compromises. Compare GTA IV to a standard corridor shooter. There are literally hundreds of times more people, buildings, shadows to be rendered. It's a marvel they got it running on current gen systems in first place. They're working on it. Report your problems and move on. No need to write hate-posts about Rockstar.

you think i havent tried emailing them? i emailed them more than 5 times and never once got a reply from them. smile.gif

TheRealPcGamer
  • TheRealPcGamer

The Master of PC Games

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:07 AM

Try to PM R* Toronto via GTAF instead of the official support site. I get their answer really fast smile.gif

O yeah, I just noticed that Render Quality is gone and Texture Filter Quality replace it.
So are those the same thing? If no please explain to me blush.gif

piohh
  • piohh

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:35 AM

QUOTE (TheRealPcGamer @ Mar 23 2009, 08:52)
Well, I have emailed R* and get their answer about EFC20 ERROR.

1.Use original LaunchGTAIV.exe
2.Launch the game from RGSC

But in my desktop which is installed illegal copy still has this issue, so for those who are playing illegal copy, you can use XLiveLess.
Dunno why but that makes the game launch again just like normal wink.gif

Thats the point. I use all original and then I get a fatal Error Message at social Club.
The other point is. I payed nearly 100 for the Special Pack from GTA IV and I can't play. Some ppl in all communitys find no good words about R* work at the last time. The Owners looks like me can't say. "Wait... I will be sure R* fix some problems and then u can play.... etc." No... we must say. "Yes we understand you... and we have no answers".

Maciver
  • Maciver

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE (fabio000 @ Mar 23 2009, 06:38)
Yeah, i use mods in single player but never, never in deathmatch race etc. And if i want to play online i have to delete all cheats and want my cheats put them in all again? They should use something that the host can decide if cheats are allowed to use,  and if they are used by someone they should find a code so they can turn there cheats off in that game

Use a seperate install for mods.

Man this is nice, I like this. All those people f*cking with multiplayer, hacking, modding, whatever. They are now having probs with the game, go figure!

Go f*ck yourselvs. While you do that the rest of us will be playing some finally legit multiplayer. Enjoy bitches.

mirmihir
  • mirmihir

Jerichoholic

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:34 AM

hey thanx r* increased performance no cheating, at last!
only qualm is that shadows are dirtier than ever......

FunGt
  • FunGt

GTA-Modding.com

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:37 AM Edited by FunGt, 23 March 2009 - 10:41 AM.

QUOTE (chaosmeister @ Mar 23 2009, 00:53)
hmm weird, on the second patch my game never dropped below about 20 in a lot of action, now it drops to 14.... frequently sad.gif It seems smoother but the lower fps is noticible. Do i have to reinstall if i want to get the 2nd patch back? Shame they didn't fix the issue with there being no people in cars 5 meters away from you and suddenly appear when they are about 4 meters away xD

f*ck this, I am not the only one. This patch increase FPS, yes, but there is HUGE LAG sometimes.
Its seems like that the FPS do something like this:
20-19-20-20-10-20-20-19-21-10-20-21

Before the patch the FPS was lower BUT they were constant.

R* please do something and find how this lag is caused.

Maciver
  • Maciver

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (FunGt @ Mar 23 2009, 10:37)
QUOTE (chaosmeister @ Mar 23 2009, 00:53)
hmm weird, on the second patch my game never dropped below about 20 in a lot of action, now it drops to 14.... frequently sad.gif It seems smoother but the lower fps is noticible. Do i have to reinstall if i want to get the 2nd patch back? Shame they didn't fix the issue with there being no people in cars 5 meters away from you and suddenly appear when they are about 4 meters away xD

f*ck this, I am not the only one. This patch increase FPS, yes, but there is HUGE LAG sometimes.
Its seems like that the FPS do something like this:
20-19-20-20-10-20-20-19-21-10-20-21

And I ran the game after I restarted the pc.

R* please do something and find how this lag is caused.

Stop visiting the website in your sig or use a seperate install for your mods. Not thier fault your an idiot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users