QUOTE (Jordy. @ May 12 2009, 03:18)
notify.gif I thought I did. Edited.

Thanks for putting that. smile.gif

Bierbuikje
  • Bierbuikje

★ Biertje

• Members

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:14 AM

If you step into a taxi (don't take over the taxi, but as passenger) and you let you drive to this point in the first place there won't happen very much. But if you press X (skip trip) then you will spawn with the taxi above the water and fall in the water. Thats not normal cause you need to spawn with the taxi at the nearest way.

The 'Toxic Waste' glitch is here too, but you already knew this.

user posted imageuser posted image

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (Bierbuikje @ May 21 2009, 09:14)
If you step into a taxi (don't take over the taxi, but as passenger) and you let you drive to this point in the first place there won't happen very much. But if you press X (skip trip) then you will spawn with the taxi above the water and fall in the water. Thats not normal cause you need to spawn with the taxi at the nearest way.

I'm gonna go try that taxi thing, and I think you mean toxic waste easter egg, not glitch. smile.gif

Bierbuikje
  • Bierbuikje

★ Biertje

• Members

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (Reconite @ May 21 2009, 13:08)
QUOTE (Bierbuikje @ May 21 2009, 09:14)

I'm gonna go try that taxi thing, and I think you mean toxic waste easter egg, not glitch. smile.gif

Oops, I mean Easter Egg, not glitch. tounge.gif

ScratchCard
  • ScratchCard

Arc.

• Members

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:39 PM

There is a dealer called Osama near the Statue of Liberty. Someone called Osama near a American historical building? Get it?

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (ScratchCard @ May 21 2009, 13:39)
There is a dealer called Osama near the Statue of Liberty. Someone called Osama near a American historical building? Get it?

I hope that guys name is just a coincidence suicidal.gif lol.
It's called statue of happiness in GTA.

ScratchCard
  • ScratchCard

Arc.

• Members

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (Reconite @ May 21 2009, 13:48)
QUOTE (ScratchCard @ May 21 2009, 13:39)

I hope that guys name is just a coincidence suicidal.gif lol.
It's called statue of happiness in GTA.

Oh yeah ofcourse. I was thinking Liberty City > Statue of Liberty. Couldn't remember the statue's name in the first place tounge.gif

Bierbuikje
  • Bierbuikje

★ Biertje

• Members

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:33 PM

I have the taxi glitch too under 'Hapiness Island'. (snapmap, not on the pier but a little bit under)

user posted image

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:35 PM

I also found a way to get a taxi onto happiness island, click the dealer osama as your destination and then skip the trip, u will be able to jack the taxi as it is stuck and drive around on happiness island.

This doesn't work all the time, as sometimes it just stops at the edge of the main island closest to happiness island.

Nathan305
  • Nathan305

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 May 2009 - 05:14 PM

I found a glitch, tho i dont know if it works with every car (but it should)

find a car (i did this with the Burrito van)
go to any Lotto Store
Place the vehicle in the Markers to enter the Lotto Store
Exit the Vehicle and Huang should try to enter but it will stay outside
and you can still buy the Lotto Tickets biggrin.gif

i'll post a (Crappy Cell Phone) Pic Later =P

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 22 May 2009 - 05:33 PM

Ehm, not much of a glitch really, more of a programming error (there is a difference).

Thanks for sharing anyway!

Nathan305
  • Nathan305

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:35 PM

ah well, got to keep looking then smile.gif

Spotter4
  • Spotter4

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:11 PM

About that terrorism thing,that's from Vigilante missions and Rampages mostly.Helicopters outside of missions and odd jobs only appear when you get to 3+ stars or sometimes they just fly overhead like over the bridges or the airport.The passing helicopters can't even be targeted,and the ONLY time an NPC uses an RPG is during "Salt in the Wound".The only peds on the street that carry weapons are gang members and outside of missions they ONLY carry Micro-SMGs.The exception is that if quit in the middle of a rampage or vigilante mission,the enemies that are currently on screen will still have their weapons.

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (Spotter4 @ Jun 1 2009, 21:11)
And the ONLY time an NPC uses an RPG is during "Salt in the Wound".

Ur wrong, when ur in chan's helicopter throwing molotovs, (can't remember the name) there are RPG guys trying to shoot you down. And I'm pretty sure there's a few more missions with NPC's with RPGs.

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:34 PM

About that terrorism thing,that's from Vigilante missions and Rampages mostly.Helicopters outside of missions and odd jobs only appear when you get to 3+ stars or sometimes they just fly overhead like over the bridges or the airport.The passing helicopters can't even be targeted,and the ONLY time an NPC uses an RPG is during "Salt in the Wound".The only peds on the street that carry weapons are gang members and outside of missions they ONLY carry Micro-SMGs.The exception is that if quit in the middle of a rampage or vigilante mission,the enemies that are currently on screen will still have their weapons.

Have you never seen random peds letting off flame-throwers or RPGs (Yes, RPGs) ? It certainly wasn't because of vigilante missions or rampages when I saw it.

Spotter4
  • Spotter4

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (Jordy. @ Jun 2 2009, 15:34)

Have you never seen random peds letting off flame-throwers or RPGs (Yes, RPGs) ? It certainly wasn't because of vigilante missions or rampages when I saw it.

When you saw that happen,were they gang members or just normal peds?

Speaking of peds,today I saw a cop go up to a lady and beat her anuj_cop.gif to death with his Nightstick.But,the cop accidentally hit another ped who punched him to death.Karma win. wow.gif

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (Spotter4 @ Jun 2 2009, 19:39)
QUOTE (Jordy. @ Jun 2 2009, 15:34)

When you saw that happen,were they gang members or just normal peds?

Errrrm, it's hard to remember. It happened on the day I brought the game (release date). He/she might've been wearing brown clothes but I'm not sure.

Upaluppa
  • Upaluppa

Warlock

• Members

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:06 PM

Wow, that's never happened to me.
I wonder what forces this to happen ?

I mean it's definitely not a usual randomly occurring game event.
Maybe it was a glitch, or the result of some missions you did ?

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (Upaluppa @ Jun 3 2009, 19:06)
Wow, that's never happened to me.
I wonder what forces this to happen ?

I mean it's definitely not a usual randomly occurring game event.
Maybe it was a glitch, or the result of some missions you did ?

We may never know. ph34r.gif

Rigo14
  • Rigo14

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:15 PM

I know a cool glitch were if you put your lacation to happiness island, get in a cab, then skip the thing, the cab will appear on happines island. it happened to me once biggrin.gif

Spotter4
  • Spotter4

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:56 PM

Just an hour ago I found a glitch.
I was going nuts on Happiness Island (Rhinos and heliicopters don't go there and the cop spawning system acts weird there too),I got bored and decicded to leave the island and grab the nearby Cruiser boat.(I had 6 Stars at this point)
When I got there,a Coast Guard Launch spawned in the wall.I hijacked it while it was still in the wall and found that I couldn't move it.I exited it and I found my self swimming under the map!
Here's the weird part:3 Gunboats underneath the map killed me.

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

The last thing you never see

• Members

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (Spotter4 @ Jun 4 2009, 19:56)
Just an hour ago I found a glitch.
I was going nuts on Happiness Island (Rhinos and heliicopters don't go there and the cop spawning system acts weird there too),I got bored and decicded to leave the island and grab the nearby Cruiser boat.(I had 6 Stars at this point)
When I got there,a Coast Guard Launch spawned in the wall.I hijacked it while it was still in the wall and found that I couldn't move it.I exited it and I found my self swimming under the map!
Here's the weird part:3 Gunboats underneath the map killed me.

LOL! So how was down under

Spotter4
  • Spotter4

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:22 PM

Uh,the Coast Guard can go under there with you and until you die,it only shows the aboveground surface and an arrow to show where you are.
But when you die,it shows that underneath the map it's just plain water.Also,when it zoomed on my body,I saw 4 coast guard launches.

sam0900
  • sam0900

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 June 2009 - 03:52 PM

ok look me and my nephew were playing our gta ctw on multiplayer survivor we both tried to get in this on car and i was driving he was in the passenger seat but once one of us got out we couldnt do it anymore cry.gif

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:00 PM

Is the glitch that you were able to enter the same car? I haven't been able to try the multiplayer so I don't know whether you have that ability as standard or not.

K-W-L
  • K-W-L

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:06 AM

I think you forgot to mention this one:

If you do a forward roll (press Y) while on fire, the fire will "magically disappear". And also, while executing the forward roll animation, you seem to be invincible to everything: fire, gunshots, and even explosions!

bluesboyjr
  • bluesboyjr

Founder of the Zee Memorial Foundation

• Members

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:10 PM Edited by bluesboyjr, 07 July 2009 - 06:49 PM.

QUOTE (K-W-L @ Jul 1 2009, 11:06)
If you do a forward roll (press Y) while on fire, the fire will "magically disappear".

Perhaps 'Stop, Drop And Roll' works exceedingly well in the GTA universe?

QUOTE ("Reconite")
I was doing a replay of the first mission Yu Jian. And when it finishes it ends right outside your hideout. And cuz this was my first time doing a replay I didn't know it teleports you out after finishing a replay mission. So I got out of the car and went in my safehouse to see that my stashbox was gone and I suddenly realized what I had done. I'd gone into the safehouse before the mission ended so it sent me to what my safehouse was before i got the stashbox. I went outside and the mission ended. I lost $200,000.

Same happened here, but I lost over $1,000,000. cryani.gif

I've got two sort-of-glitches:
  • On Happiness Island, when you get 2 or 3 stars, a police car might spawn on the island, as they would on the mainland. I can only seem to get this to happen once, if at all, per killing spree.
  • When you have 6 stars, parked cars (and boats) start to disappear when you get near them. This is easiest to witness by getting 6 stars in the Rhino at the Francis International Airport (get in, get out then get back in again to drive it) and driving around the airport car lot.
And in the same vein as the mission names not really being easter eggs but being worth mentioning, some of the names of people who award you safehouse trophies are referencing stuff:
  • Fut Tze and Dau Jonz --> FTSE 100 and Dow Jones Industrial Average, stock exchange indexes.
  • Wan Kee --> Wanker, that oh-so-popular British swear.

bluesboyjr
  • bluesboyjr

• Members

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:23 AM

ARRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cry.gif

THE GAME'S CORRUPTED MY SAVE FILE!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry.gif

I'VE GOT TO START OVER FROM THE BEGINNING!!!!!!!!!! suicidal.gif

AND I GOT 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cryani.gif

CAPITAL LETTERS, EXCLAMATION MARKS AND SAD SMILIES CANNOT PUT ACROSS THE FULL EXTENT OF MY RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!! facedesk.gif

Oh well.

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:28 PM

Wow dude, sucks for u... cry.gif

bluesboyjr
  • bluesboyjr

• Members

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:37 PM Edited by bluesboyjr, 07 July 2009 - 06:46 PM.

QUOTE (easter egg231 @ Apr 6 2009, 12:56)
I found this smiley face in the water, i donno if you've seen this one. I think it's a loonies gang reference from gta2
this is what you have to do to find it.
Look at your world map, you can see all of the land in the game and the sea surrounding it. What you have to do is go to the most northern part of land possible - without going in the sea.
If you look on the map, the most northern piece of land is a small pier in northern gardens. Go to the pier, there is a drug dealer nearby and some rusting cars. Walk to the very edge - facing north - and jump of, then swim directly north. You shouldn't have to swim far until you encounter this smiley face in the water.
It looks similar to the 'here be dragons' easter egg - except it's a smiley face.

I'm suprised this isn't on the front page yet. I've got a (crappy cell phone) picture:
user posted image
Just swim North of here to find it.

Selma Becomes A Square Glitch
In the random encounters, Selma is the weird woman who follows you around. She gets into any vehicle you get into - including the larger boats. I got into a Reefer, and so did she, but for a split second she turns into a square as she gets in:
user posted image
It's very blink-and-you'll-miss-it, so I took a video (it happens at the beginning and end, sorry it's low-res, I took it on my phone):
http://s247.photobuc...ABoatGlitch.flv

The Help-I'm-Trapped-In-A-Pay&Spray Glitch
Pretty self-explanatory. This has happened to me when I:
a) got into a police chase. I went to the P&S, but just as the door opened, the shop decided there were "too many cops around". The door closed behind me (the cop outside kept running into it. Bless him) and I was trapped.
b) fell of my bike when it hit the back wall. I ended up running out and in again, which ended up in me getting trapped.
The only way to get out is to kill yourself by blowing up your vehicle (with you inside).

Broken Radio Glitch
In the "So Near, Yet Sonar" Zhou mission, the boat has its radio symbol set to Truth & Soul, but no music plays, and you can't change it.

Possible Continuity Error
Xin (the Rockstar Social Club reward missions guy) refers to Kenny as if he was alive, even though you have to kill him in the last story mission. E.g. "I work [not 'worked'] for Kenny too."

Selma, What Bus?
One of the things Selma says is along the lines of "Look, a UFO! No, wait, it's a bus." The only buses in Chinatown Wars are at the bus station, so I don't know what she was looking at.

GPS And Roadworks
Have the GPS arrows on the top screen turned on. They will guide around the skip here but straight through the blocked-off road here. I found this odd.

The Irremoveable Blood Stain
There is always a blood stain outside your Middle Park safehouse. I guess this is an easter egg (why would a glitch only appear there?) - maybe something happened there in GTA IV (I don't have a PS3 or XBox, so I wouldn't know).

Short-Sighted Helicopter pilots
The helicopters that randomly fly over the bridges sometimes knock over streetlamps. And police 'copters sometimes get themselves stuck in stuck in small spaces, e.g. between a fence and a wall. You'd think they'd be able to fly up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users