• Members

Posted 29 April 2009 - 05:21 AM

Here's the glitch video:

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:07 PM

I'm pretty sure that there's a Here Be Dragons Message in every corner of the map not just bottom left. Maybe you should look into it.

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:18 PM Edited by Reconite, 01 May 2009 - 07:55 AM.

Sorry about the 2 messages in a row but I found another glitch, I was jacking a car and just when I was halfway through the door I switched my weapon to AK-47 and it let me use it in the car. I've been trying it ever since with no luck. Maybe a one off glitch.

P.S. The van passenger happened to me in first hour of playing, lol. Also happened to me in Gta: Advance.

Rikmk90
  • Rikmk90

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:18 AM

Make Any car flip and explode with one bullet
Added this to easter eggs and glitches section as requested

1.Before you get in a car make sure you have a gun (it can be any gun with bullets-even pistol).
2.Next get in the car and reach a reasonable speed.
3.Then, when there is space on the road in front of you -bail out, then immediatly after shoot your car (you should automatically aim at it when you roll out), your car should now flip over and explode into flames. This works on any vehicle except a tank. It even works when driving a tanker or when you bail out in reverse. (Obviously this doesnt work on taxis if you have unlocked bulletproof taxis)
Please reply if you like it or have any questions

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:11 PM

Good stuff! Would you say that it is a normal part of the game or just a glitch? It seems like it could be something R* deliberately done.

WhittyC
  • WhittyC

sXe

• Members

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (Reconite @ Apr 29 2009, 16:07)
I'm pretty sure that there's a Here Be Dragons Message in every corner of the map not just bottom left. Maybe you should look into it.

What makes you say that?

DannyJC13
  • DannyJC13

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:49 PM

That stuck in passenger seat thing happened to me. At first I thought I was driving, then I was like WTF??

Rikmk90
  • Rikmk90

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:49 PM

i think rockstars probably made it to make use of damaged vehicles, and add an extra feature to bailing out- its like bowling! biggrin.gif

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (WhittyC @ Apr 30 2009, 19:36)
QUOTE (Reconite @ Apr 29 2009, 16:07)

What makes you say that?

I checked and there is a Here be Dragons in each corner, even look.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2009 - 05:36 AM

Small note, the "Gai" in Sum Yung Gai is pronounced "guy", never pronounced as "gay" as far as I know.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:17 AM

QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ May 1 2009, 01:36)
Small note, the "Gai" in Sum Yung Gai is pronounced "guy", never pronounced as "gay" as far as I know.

Exactly. I think the Sum Yung Gay part should be removed from the first page. I don't know who would exactly pronounce it as Sum Yung Gay.

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (MC_320 @ May 1 2009, 07:17)
QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ May 1 2009, 01:36)

Exactly. I think the Sum Yung Gay part should be removed from the first page. I don't know who would exactly pronounce it as Sum Yung Gay.

Kawaah thinks it means gay. I disagree but whatever. To avoid complaints, I put guy and gay on the first page.

[SM]CJZera
  • [SM]CJZera

<Subject Name Here>

• Members

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:24 AM

This is pretty obvious but it isnt on the first post, but Alonso, the random encounter guy, is a reference to Don Quixote, he has a Spanish name, he talks weird and he beats up a Bus claiming it's a dragon (Here be dragons anyone?) a Reference to Quixote beating up windmills claiming them to be giants.
I also think that his smilie face thing he has could be a reference to the Ingame look of Ecstasy, since it's a heavy alucinogen and on the Drug Dealing images it has the same face on the drug

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE ([SM]CJZera @ May 3 2009, 00:24)
This is pretty obvious but it isnt on the first post, but Alonso, the random encounter guy, is a reference to Don Quixote, he has a Spanish name, he talks weird and he beats up a Bus claiming it's a dragon (Here be dragons anyone?) a Reference to Quixote beating up windmills claiming them to be giants.
I also think that his smilie face thing he has could be a reference to the Ingame look of Ecstasy, since it's a heavy alucinogen and on the Drug Dealing images it has the same face on the drug

Ah. You could be right about the smiley face thing. Perhaps its not representing the Loonie logo after all.

Well done for noticing a link between Alonso and Don Quixote, it'll be added.

benders
  • benders

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2009 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE (Jordy. @ Mar 20 2009, 22:39)
Welcome to the GTA: Chinatown Wars Easter Eggs and Glitches Topic!

After recent discovery of one or two secrets in this brilliant DS game, it seems like there is more to CTW's Liberty City than we think. So if you spot anything out of the ordinary, or anything that's intended to be strange, post it here so we can add it to the list!

Easter Eggs

Sunken Ships: Throughout the waters of Liberty City, lies the corpses of huge boats. Some are based off the "Tug" from GTA IV while others take inspiration from Vice City's very own sunken ship. There has also been a pirate ship spotted.

Here are some of the known locations:

Tug Boats

Vice City Sunken Boat Rendition/s

Pirate Ship

Toxic Waste: Liberty City truly is a filthy place; just look at what people have dumped into the sea.

Toxic Waste Location

Funny Random Voices:: By closing the DS's screen and opening it again during play, you will be surprised to hear some funny comments and voices.

Here Be Dragons: Drive a boat all the way to the bottom left corner of the map, and prepare to giggle.

Here Be Dragons Location

Screenshot

Wilhelm Scream: On random character Wilhelm's 3rd encounter, he jumps off a bridge, in which you hear the famous Wilhelm scream used in all sorts of media (T.V, films, etc).

CockRock: Go to the Firefly island beach and look around east of near where GTA IV's bowling alley was. You should see a bunch of rocks, arranged in a way that reminds you of Rockstar's humor. (Credit goes to Agerbon)

CockRock location

'Hot Coffee' Reference: After the second mission, Huang asks the triad chick if she would like to come in his apartment for some 'coffee'. Har har. An obvious joke referring to the controversial Hot Coffee mini game from San Andreas.

Zhou's Mission Retry Icon : Look at the mission 'repeat' board inside a safehouse and check out Zhou's section. He is represented by a logo which was used as a tattoo back in San Andreas.

GTA III Triad Logo Tattoo: One of the tattoos the player can draw out is exactly the same as the logo for the Triad back in GTA III.

Triad Logo

Alonso = Don Quixote?: Alonso, the random encounter character, could be a take on Don Quixote. He has a Spanish name, he talks weird and he beats up a Bus claiming it's a dragon, a Reference to Quixote beating up windmills claiming them to be giants.

Glitches

Spanish Lord's Warehouse Van Case: Quite minor, but if you damage the van to the point of high damage/fire, go the to the checkpoint and you can open the case anyway, despite not being in the van. Must be done as quickly as possible so the van does not explode before.

Falling Through Map: Not much info on this, but apparently, it is possible to sink through the ground. If this happens, just travel to the edge of the island and out into the open water.

If you have any more detail about that, let me know.

Pay'n'spray Eating Bikes: If you drive a bike too fast into the P'n'S garage, you should crash into the wall on the inside and fall off. However, the garage door shuts on you anyway and acts as if it's re-spraying your vehicle (time advances by 3 hours). But when the doors open up again, Huang walks out on his own, without the bike.

Dumpster Checking At A Distance: Ever feel like rummaging through a dumpster that's a couple of feet in front of you? Me neither, but if you fancy it, just stand right next to it, fire a rocket and press select as fast as possible. If done right, you should be able to browse the trash despite Haung being blown back.

Mission Replay - Lose Items: When replaying a mission, do your best to refrain from going into a safehouse, as you may lose your weapons and drug stash.

Drug Van Passenger: If you're unlucky, you might find that by attempting to jack a random drug van off the streets results in kidnap! Jack the van from the passenger side and the van might keep driving even though you are in it and have no control.

Video Footage

Misc.

Explosions/Terrorist Attacks: There have been recent sightings of random explosions or crazy pedestrians causing chaos. There doesn't seem to be a specific place or time these occurrences happen, but people have seen a helicopter get blown out of the sky by a rocket launcher, exploding petrol stations and flamethrower mad men. If you have any further detail, please enlighten us!

Huang's Voice: By now, you should think that Huang can only speak in the form of text. But if for some reason you refuse to break open the glass of the car whilst falling into the depths of the ocean, you should hear him yell: 'Sh*t!'.

El Burro: He was in GTA and GTA III, and for some reason, he's quite well known. He has returned however, in CTW as one of the drug dealers! You get an e-mail from him too not long after you are introduced to drug dealing.

Mission Name references:Like in most other GTAs, Some missions owe their names to pop culture, amongst other crap. So here they are:

"Rat Race" - Either a reference to the film or the song by Bob Marley.

"Jackin' Chan" - Ever heard of Jackie Chan? You better have.

"Dragon Haul Z" - Dragon Ball Z? You're not expected to know what that is, don't worry. Its an anime cartoon about some really tough guys that can fly and beat sh*t up.

"Whack the Racers" - Based off the classic cartoon titled: Wacky Races.

"The Fandom Menace" an obvious reference to Star Wars episode I, the Phantom Menace. This accompanies

"Store Wars", which is Star Wars. And my personal fave,

"The Tow Job", which sounds like the rather humerous act of fellatio.

"Tricks of the triad", while perhaps not an explicit reference to pop culture, is a nod to the saying tricks of the trade.

"Natural burn killers" is a spoof of the movie Natural Born Killers.

"Carpe 'Dime" Which is a parody of Carpe Diem, which is that latin saying for "sieze the day"

Sum Yung Gai: The name of uncle Kenny's shop. Self explanatory play on words, but it is pronounced either 'Some Young Guy' or 'Some Young Gay'. This joke was used on Wayne's World so is a highly possible nod to the film.

If I've missed anything, made a mistake or want some credit for finding something, just let me know and I'll keep this updated. Keep searching! smile.gif

Click here to view the SnapMap

happy.gif

WhittyC
  • WhittyC

sXe

• Members

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:41 PM

I found something small, after you complete a usj and break through a billboard, if you leave and come back it's fixed, and the back is all boarded up.

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:43 PM

...Yeah....That's not really strange though is it.

BobDob
  • BobDob

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2009 - 05:32 PM

If you jack then exit a taxi at the same time as you are hailing it, you will sometime get the driver to jump out but still get a the chevrons to appear. You can then enter the taxi and choose a location, but you the taxi won't actually drive anywhere. The driver is just standing outside the taxi staring at it. You can do the fast forward thing, but when you get there, the taxi again will not move to the final location b/c there's no driver. It's kinda funny.

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:50 PM

Thank you very much! smile.gif

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:00 PM

You forgot to put in te thing that 'Here be Dragons' is in every corner not just bottom left. And my glitch when I had Assault Rifle out when I was in a car. If you are running out of space or whatever on first post, never mind then.

But I found one about taxis. Get a taxi to take you to the drug dealer in the southern most part of Francis International Airport and skip journey, when you get out, the taxi will curve round and fall into the water, hail the taxi while it's in midair and fall into it quickly make a destination. the taxi will be on the seafloor sitting there but can't move, if you skip the journey it will be on the brink of explosion with black smoke and sparks going everwhere. NOTE: (If you hail the cab while it's on land or in water this will not work, it has to be in before it's in the water but after it's off land).

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:28 PM

Sorry man, edited.

The Assault rifle glitch I didn't add because, like you said, it may have just been a one off.

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE (Jordy. @ May 7 2009, 14:28)
Sorry man, edited.

The Assault rifle glitch I didn't add because, like you said, it may have just been a one off.

K no prob man, no harm done.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:44 AM

lol I got into another glitch. I tried to steal the Angels Of Death drug filled Gang Burrito but I accidentally went inside the Lotto store and once I went out, the Gang Burrito was still there but when I tried to steal it, there was no more red pointer floating on top of it. Instead the game recognized it as an Angel.

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:47 PM

A glitchy way to get onto really high roofs using gas stations and see the games draw distance. See here for more on that and how to do it.

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=410379

crazygtap
  • crazygtap

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2009 - 12:17 PM

i found something like that when u get out from your home and plant mine at the entrance it will disapeard when u get in!!

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 10 May 2009 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (crazygtap @ May 10 2009, 12:17)
i found something like that when u get out from your home and plant mine at the entrance it will disapeard when u get in!!

..What?

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 10 May 2009 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (Jordy. @ May 10 2009, 14:54)

..What?

LOL!!!

I think he means, he planted a proximity mine outside his safehouse and went inside and came back out and its not there. Definitely not a glitch just a thing with the programming, like when you park a car, steal another one drive 2 blocks away, come back and it won't be there.

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 10 May 2009 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (Reconite @ May 10 2009, 15:41)
QUOTE (Jordy. @ May 10 2009, 14:54)

..What?

LOL!!!

I think he means, he planted a proximity mine outside his safehouse and went inside and came back out and its not there. Definitely not a glitch just a thing with the programming, like when you park a car, steal another one drive 2 blocks away, come back and it won't be there.

Ohhhhhh I get it now.

Thanks for explaining why its not a glitch icon14.gif Saved me a job.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:40 AM

Why did you not add my video to the most recent glitch I've submitted?

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:18 AM

notify.gif I thought I did. Edited.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users