Photo

GTA: CTW Easter Eggs & Glitches

215 replies to this topic
ScratchCard
  • ScratchCard

Arc.

• Members

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:00 PM

Strange. Where you maybe in a police car before getting arrested?

Ah well, it's probarly a one time only glitch smile.gif

BrainToastNG
  • BrainToastNG

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:25 PM

GLITCH!

Walk up to one of the green or red dumpsters and shoot a rocket launcher, then quickly tap Select. Once you stand up, you will begin to take out the trash bags even a few feet away from the dumpster. If you need a rocket launcher, complete the missions up to about 50% of the game and then go to the Ammu-Nation PDA tool and select heavy weapons or get it for free during the mission, Hit From the Tong whilst taking down Zhou in his helicopter.

WhittyC
  • WhittyC

sXe

• Members

Posted 11 April 2009 - 06:47 PM

Just a question, is the "Here Be Dragons" egg a reference to something, does it mean anything or is it just completely random?

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (WhittyC @ Apr 11 2009, 18:47)
Just a question, is the "Here Be Dragons" egg a reference to something, does it mean anything or is it just completely random?

Just completley random I suppose. HOWEVER, I remember seeing a fake map that stereotypes what Americans think the world looks like, and there was an island marked: Here be dragons. So it could be a reference to that, but I don't know how popular that map is, I'll look it up.

EDIT: Here it is

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (The Horror Is Alive @ Apr 8 2009, 13:42)
I had just been on a mass-murdering-rampage around the city with a packet of SMG, Minigun, and Carbine bullets, when I suddenly got busted.

Crap. I've lost all my weapons.

So I restock from Ammunation (about fifty grand worth) and then hail a taxi, and select the location of a special coke deal that I recieved an email about in the middle of my rampage. Yep, everything's normal so far. I decide to skip the trip, so I press start. Oh, nope, I suddenly remember it's select. Start didn't have any effect, BTW. When I press select, I get the police computer menu, in a taxi. WTF? I exit the menu and press the top button (forget what it is on DS, it's a triangle on the PS controllers tounge.gif ) and Huang bails out of the taxi. But the taxi just keeps driving! About 2 or 3 camera lengths away, it disappears along with the van travelling beside it (I'd say that's the draw distance taking effect). I press the arrow buttons, and lo and behold, Huang still exists! I can see where he's going by using the minimap. I run to a safehouse (it's probably worth noting that I never "hit" anything along the way; my path was completely clear). I get to the green symbol on my map, and take a guess as to where the chevrons are. I seemed to have gotten my guess right, because the game suddenly...

froze.

Couldn't do much about it, so I just turned the damn thing off. I lost all the stats I had gained in my little rampage, but that doesn't really matter, I suppose. I can always just do another one devil.gif

Has anyone encountered a glitch similar to this?

(PS: You might think "well why did he tell me that, it doesn't matter" with some parts of my description, but I detailed everything I could to see if anyone had the same problem with their game, and maybe we could narrow it down to a single cause).

Interesting, to say the least lol.gif

That sounds off the wall! It could be a one off, but I'll put it on the list if we find a single cause to it.

WhittyC
  • WhittyC

sXe

• Members

Posted 12 April 2009 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (Jordy. @ Apr 11 2009, 20:29)

Just completley random I suppose. HOWEVER, I remember seeing a fake map that stereotypes what Americans think the world looks like, and there was an island marked: Here be dragons. So it could be a reference to that, but I don't know how popular that map is, I'll look it up.

Haha, kinda weird, but still funny biggrin.gif

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2009 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (Wikipedia)
"Here be dragons" is a phrase used to denote dangerous or unexplored territories, in imitation of the infrequent medieval practice of putting sea serpents and other mythological creatures in blank areas of maps.

It's actually quite a common phrase. Especially in the online role-playing communities like World of Warcraft of Oblivion. It's often used in a comical fashion (like it is in Chinatown Wars) though it did actually use to appear on maps; one time being used to describe the area we would all come to know as Asia!

Wikipedia contains a list of cultural references. Chinatown Wars easter egg may be a reference to one individual one of these, or the phrase in general. It also states that the sign appears at every corner of the map.

WhittyC
  • WhittyC

sXe

• Members

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Apr 12 2009, 14:40)

It's actually quite a common phrase. Especially in the online role-playing communities like World of Warcraft of Oblivion. It's often used in a comical fashion (like it is in Chinatown Wars) though it did actually use to appear on maps; one time being used to describe the area we would all come to know as Asia!

Wikipedia contains a list of cultural references. Chinatown Wars easter egg may be a reference to one individual one of these, or the phrase in general. It also states that the sign appears at every corner of the map.

Ahh, that makes sense, maybe that means there's a small island farther out or something, some other sort of easter egg?

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:23 PM

I think it's a reference to China being referred to as "Here Be Dragons!" on the map, as Huang is Chinese and the game focuses around Chinese gangsters.

WhittyC
  • WhittyC

sXe

• Members

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Apr 12 2009, 21:23)
I think it's a reference to China being referred to as "Here Be Dragons!" on the map, as Huang is Chinese and the game focuses around Chinese gangsters.

That's probably it, if I get a chance I'll check. I just got it today so I've been doing mostly missions and selling drugs, didn't really explore.

[SM]CJZera
  • [SM]CJZera

<Subject Name Here>

• Members

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:09 PM

Did anyone notice that the icon that represents Zhou on the Board to repeat missions, is actually a tattoo you can get in SA in one of the parlours?

Also, I found a little glitch *Chan's Last Mission Spoilers*
After I killed Chan, an ambulance came and revived him, I found that quite ironic lol, but my sword took care of the matter, and the medic

ScratchCard
  • ScratchCard

Arc.

• Members

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE ([SM]CJZera @ Apr 16 2009, 23:09)
Did anyone notice that the icon that represents Zhou on the Board to repeat missions, is actually a tattoo you can get in SA in one of the parlours?

After I killed Chan, an ambulance came and revived him, I found that quite ironic lol, but my sword took care of the matter, and the medic

It's a heart, I think it's a reference to what Zhou does in one of his missions:

Cut a heart out

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:00 PM

I don't know if it's been mentioned or not yet, but one of the tattoos you can do is the Triads logo from GTA III:

user posted image

I think this was the one you did during the mission "Tricks of the Triad."

ScratchCard
  • ScratchCard

Arc.

• Members

Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:09 PM

Your like doesn't work. You mean this one I think:

user posted image

[SM]CJZera
  • [SM]CJZera

<Subject Name Here>

• Members

Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (ScratchCard @ Apr 19 2009, 14:21)
QUOTE ([SM)
CJZera,Apr 16 2009, 23:09] Did anyone notice that the icon that represents Zhou on the Board to repeat missions, is actually a tattoo you can get in SA in one of the parlours?

It's a heart, I think it's a reference to what Zhou does in one of his missions:

Cut a heart out

I know, but I mean, that the exact same image was a tattoo you could get in SA

Agerbon
  • Agerbon

Lusic Lunatic

• Members

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:50 PM

It's rather a reference to ancient nautic maps, from the time when people thought the Earth was flat and that you could fall off it.
On those maps, they used to draw all kinds of monsters, like giant squids and sea dragons, for decoration.

easter egg231
  • easter egg231

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:41 PM

Those of you who are members of the social club, may have come across the 'coming soon: Mr wong's laundromat!'
I was exploring the map, killing people with a chainsaw when i found this shop.
It said laundromat in red capital letters, and there was some text above it ( which i can't make out) which is written in blue.
I looked back on the social club, at 'mr wong's laundromat!' and it uses the exact same colours -red and blue - that appear on this shop, surely not coincedence?
Also the writing above 'laundromat' on the shop looks like similar wordlength to wongs, and i think i can make out the first letter as a 'w'.

here's it's location
http://snapmap.wikig...tle=&set=459,57

Has anyone come across a shop like this before? if not surely this shop must be connected to the coming soon mr wong's laundromat. This could be the place where you unlock some hidden stuff.
mercie_blink.gif

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:48 PM

Mr. Wong's Laundromat is the new flash game that is coming out;
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=406754

Kowaah
  • Kowaah

Pseudo-Rendered

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:11 AM Edited by Kowaah, 22 April 2009 - 11:19 AM.

The uncle's shop is for Men clothing and the name of it is ''Sum Yung Gai'' what does means Some young gay.

Have anyone got what this does spoof? Or is it new, unusual Rockstar humor? moto_whistle.gif

And Cherenkov Premium Vodka spoofs Kalasnhikov (Premium) Vodka

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (Kowaah @ Apr 22 2009, 11:11)
The uncle's shop is for Men clothing and the name of it is ''Sum Yung Gai'' what does means Some young gay.

'Gai' sounds more like 'guy' which I think was a joke used on Wayne's World. Nonetheless, I'll edit first post.

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (Jordy. @ Apr 22 2009, 15:28)
QUOTE (Kowaah @ Apr 22 2009, 11:11)

'Gai' sounds more like 'guy' which I think was a joke used on Wayne's World. Nonetheless, I'll edit first post.

Yeah, it was although Wayne's World may not have been the first movie with the joke.
Wayne asks for the 'cream of Sum Yun Gai' when ordering a Chinese takeaway.

Kowaah
  • Kowaah

Pseudo-Rendered

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2009 - 04:59 PM Edited by Kowaah, 22 April 2009 - 05:01 PM.

Quote. Wayne when ordering chinese take-out says ''I'll have the "cream of sum yung gai"''.

References from Wayne's world are in The Lost and Damned DLC too, so Rockstar must be fans of this comedy biggrin.gif

Enjoii, you're right, it must be from Wayne's world.

Jordy, you forgot to mention what is that ''Sum yung gai''. It's uncles shop name.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:14 PM Edited by MC_320, 24 April 2009 - 05:37 PM.

Hey I noticed a neat little feature. When you open up those red or green dumpsters and when you lift up a garbage bag, some cockroaches crawl around. Use your stylus and poke them and they'll get squashed.

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (MC_320 @ Apr 24 2009, 17:14)
Hey I noticed a neat little feature. When you open up those red or green dumpsters and when you lift up a garbage bag, some cockroaches crawl around. Use your stylus and poke them and they'll get squashed.

AND the game keeps track of how many you have squashed in the stats system.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (Jordy. @ Apr 24 2009, 13:55)

Yeah, exactly. I also got this other glitch that I recorded on video. It's where I tried to steal the Burrito vehicle with drugs but the driver wouldn't get out so the vehicle was still moving and I couldn't get out either. I'll upload it later.

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (MC_320 @ Apr 24 2009, 18:41)
QUOTE (Jordy. @ Apr 24 2009, 13:55)

Yeah, exactly. I also got this other glitch that I recorded on video. It's where I tried to steal the Burrito vehicle with drugs but the driver wouldn't get out so the vehicle was still moving and I couldn't get out either. I'll upload it later.

Oooh nice, I'll edit first post once you get it.

crazygtap
  • crazygtap

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:21 AM

did someone know how to het on the railroad???i heard that there is jump on it but i dont know where..plz help!

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (crazygtap @ Apr 26 2009, 09:21)
did someone know how to het on the railroad???i heard that there is jump on it but i dont know where..plz help!

I think the railroad isn't solid. There was a video of some guy flying a chopper through it.

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (Jordy. @ Apr 11 2009, 20:44)
QUOTE (The Horror Is Alive @ Apr 8 2009, 13:42)
I had just been on a mass-murdering-rampage around the city with a packet of SMG, Minigun, and Carbine bullets, when I suddenly got busted.

Crap. I've lost all my weapons.

So I restock from Ammunation (about fifty grand worth) and then hail a taxi, and select the location of a special coke deal that I recieved an email about in the middle of my rampage. Yep, everything's normal so far. I decide to skip the trip, so I press start. Oh, nope, I suddenly remember it's select. Start didn't have any effect, BTW. When I press select, I get the police computer menu, in a taxi. WTF? I exit the menu and press the top button (forget what it is on DS, it's a triangle on the PS controllers tounge.gif ) and Huang bails out of the taxi. But the taxi just keeps driving! About 2 or 3 camera lengths away, it disappears along with the van travelling beside it (I'd say that's the draw distance taking effect). I press the arrow buttons, and lo and behold, Huang still exists! I can see where he's going by using the minimap. I run to a safehouse (it's probably worth noting that I never "hit" anything along the way; my path was completely clear). I get to the green symbol on my map, and take a guess as to where the chevrons are. I seemed to have gotten my guess right, because the game suddenly...

froze.

Couldn't do much about it, so I just turned the damn thing off. I lost all the stats I had gained in my little rampage, but that doesn't really matter, I suppose. I can always just do another one devil.gif

Has anyone encountered a glitch similar to this?

(PS: You might think "well why did he tell me that, it doesn't matter" with some parts of my description, but I detailed everything I could to see if anyone had the same problem with their game, and maybe we could narrow it down to a single cause).

Interesting, to say the least lol.gif

That sounds off the wall! It could be a one off, but I'll put it on the list if we find a single cause to it.

I had a different kind of glitchy problem. U may think your one was bad but I think mine was even worse.

I was doing a replay of the first mission Yu Jian. And when it finishes it ends right outside your hideout. And cuz this was my first time doing a replay I didn't know it teleports you out after finishing a replay mission. So I got out of the car and went in my safehouse to see that my stashbox was gone and I suddenly realized what I had done. I'd gone into the safehouse before the mission ended so it sent me to what my safehouse was before i got the stashbox. I went outside and the mission ended. I lost $200,000 and all my weapons which I had full ammo for (even minigun) and put together thats worth another $100,000. I went into my safehouse and my stashbox came back (with the 300 coke I had stockpiled until a dealer wanted it). I managed to buy all my weapons back $100,000 after i sold all the coke. But i'm kinda cautious doing replays now that I have managed to get $921,000 at the moment and full ammo again. If that happens again i'm gonna go nuts, be careful when doing replays. sad.gif

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:10 PM

So basically, you went into your safehouse during the mission replay and you lost everything you had? That's cold, man.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users