Photo

GTA: CTW Easter Eggs & Glitches

213 replies to this topic
ScratchCard
  • ScratchCard

Arc.

• Members

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:22 AM

Kind of annoying glitch: I was on my way to Pay'n'Spray to get my NRG resprayed. After doing it once and not getting the color I want, I drove right back into the garage. To hard, I crashed my bike onto the wall, 3 hours passed (like with a normal respray), and then Huang walks out, alone. Pay'n'Spray stole my NRG sad.gif

Agerbon
  • Agerbon

Lusic Lunatic

• Members

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (bongon69 @ Mar 27 2009, 11:10)
i think the smiley face is a refence to the loonie gang in GTA2

Now that is quite plausible, seing the fact that the guy is a total loonie...

Good thinking.

smile.gif Smiley badge!

fiercedeity9
  • fiercedeity9

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (The Horror Is Alive @ Mar 28 2009, 00:46)
QUOTE (fiercedeity9 @ Mar 27 2009, 19:16)
QUOTE (Jordy. @ Mar 25 2009, 20:03)
QUOTE (fiercedeity9 @ Mar 25 2009, 20:01)
'Hot Coffee' Reference: After the second mission, Huang asks the triad chick if she would like to come in his apartment for some 'coffee'. Har har. An obvious joke referring to the controversial Hot Coffee mini game from San Andreas.

Just because someone invites them for coffee doesn't make it a hot coffee reference.

Haha, that wasn't a moment of na´vety I'm just saying. If a girl invites you in for "coffee" in real life it doesn't make it a hot coffee reference. tounge.gif

Hot Coffee was a highly controversial sex minigame in SA that led to the game being classified Adults Only and pulled from shelves until the offending content was removed. Rockstar was obviously made VERY AWARE of this scandal.

Maria invites Tony in for coffee after one of her missions in LCS.

I think Niko sometimes askes if he can come in for coffee after a date in IV.

Now Huang Lee is asking if he can come with that chick for coffee in CTW.

It's obviously Rockstar reusing the same old joke over and over.

I know what hot coffee is since I remember when it first came out; right on these forums.

I'm just saying that just because they say coffee does not mean it's a hot coffee reference every single time.

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

Slamman's distant relative

• Members

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:15 PM

Think I have found another one. One mission for Zhou Ming is called "Dragon Haul Z", a blatant reference to the unfortunately popular cartoon "Dragon Ball Z".

Fabio206
  • Fabio206

GTA-Expert.it Webmaster

• Members

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (cold fusion 33 @ Mar 29 2009, 20:15)
Think I have found another one. One mission for Zhou Ming is called "Dragon Haul Z", a blatant reference to the unfortunately popular cartoon "Dragon Ball Z".

yep I noticed too biggrin.gif

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:37 PM

One of the random encounter missions is for a "Working Girl" that finally takes her revenge on all us use'em and kill'em prostitute hunters.

viken9191
  • viken9191

Living above Down Under

• Members

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:58 AM

I know most of us here already know about this mission, but since no one had mentioned before I'm gonna say it.

A mission named "Jackin Chan" is obviously a reference to an actor named Jackie Chan.

ScratchCard
  • ScratchCard

Arc.

• Members

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (jnzooger @ Mar 30 2009, 23:37)
One of the random encounter missions is for a "Working Girl" that finally takes her revenge on all us use'em and kill'em prostitute hunters.

I know, I was like 'Wtf?' and then I just killed them all.

But why is that a Easter Egg?

EDIT: Probarly not a reference, but Rat Race is a song by Bob Marley, and it's a CTW mission.

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:53 PM

I've decided not to add any of the mission names. They're just incredibly obvious and people will come across them eventually anyway.

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

• Members

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:17 PM

And? What about someone who doesn't have the game? I'd it interesting to read about these references, like I did with San Andreas when I didn't have it, the easter egg thread there had absolutely everything tounge.gif .

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (cold fusion 33 @ Mar 31 2009, 20:17)
And? What about someone who doesn't have the game? I'd it interesting to read about these references, like I did with San Andreas when I didn't have it, the easter egg thread there had absolutely everything tounge.gif .

Argh! Can't you just read through the posts?! I'll edit first post anyway...

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:59 PM Edited by Jacky Fiend, 02 April 2009 - 01:13 PM.

The name of the mission "Whack The Racers" for Chan, is a parody of the cartoon: Wacky Racers. His mission, called "Pimp His Ride" is an obvious pun of the MTV show: Pimp My Ride. "Jackin' Chan" is a reference to the famous Chinese actor: Jackie Chan.

Kenny's mission: "Tricks Of The Triad" is a play on the phrase: Tricks Of The Trade. "Natural Burn Killers" is a spoof of the movie: Natural Born Killers. Whereas "Carpe 'Dime'" is a parody, and misspelling, of the Latin phrase: Carpe Diem. "Store Wars" is a reference to Star Wars.

While I know most of these are obvious, I thought I would point them out so that they can be added to the list.

ScratchCard
  • ScratchCard

Arc.

• Members

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Apr 1 2009, 18:59)
The name of the mission "Whack The Racers" for Chan, is a parody of the cartoon: Wacky Racers. His mission, called "Pimp His Ride" is an obvious pun of the MTV show: Pimp My Ride. "Jackin' Chan" is a reference to the famous Chinese actor: Jackie Chan.

Kenny's mission: "Tricks Of The Triad" is a play on the phrase: Tricks Of The Trade. "Natural Burn Killers" is a spoof of the movie: Natural Born Killers. Whereas "Carpe 'Dime'" is a parody, and misspelling, of the Latin phrase: Carpe Diem. "Store Wars" is a reference to Star Wars.

While I know most of these are obvious, I thought I would point them out so that they can be added to the list.

I've decided not to add any of the mission names. They're just incredibly obvious and people will come across them eventually anyway.

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

• Members

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:00 PM

Jordy's last post...

ScratchCard
  • ScratchCard

Arc.

• Members

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (cold fusion 33 @ Apr 3 2009, 15:00)

Jordy's last post...

Oops, didn't read that far.

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 05 April 2009 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE (ScratchCard @ Apr 3 2009, 15:06)
QUOTE (cold fusion 33 @ Apr 3 2009, 15:00)

Jordy's last post...

Oops, didn't read that far.

Nah, I felt that I should probably do the mission names, or the most prominent ones at least, because after all, this is a pinned topic and that.

So yeah, if anybody has any more that you feel I should get on there, just let me know.

icon14.gif

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE (ScratchCard @ Mar 31 2009, 16:08)
QUOTE (jnzooger @ Mar 30 2009, 23:37)

I know, I was like 'Wtf?' and then I just killed them all.

But why is that a Easter Egg?

It's like the Hot Coffee references. Rockstar's response to the media. Like when people like sign-thompson.gif say that GTA is a simulation game for using then killing prostitutes to get your money back.

easter egg231
  • easter egg231

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:56 PM

I found this smiley face in the water, i donno if you've seen this one. I think it's a loonies gang reference from gta2

this is what you have to do to find it.
Look at your world map, you can see all of the land in the game and the sea surrounding it. What you have to do is go to the most northern part of land possible - without going in the sea.
If you look on the map, the most northern piece of land is a small pier in northern gardens. Go to the pier, there is a drug dealer nearby and some rusting cars. Walk to the very edge - facing north - and jump of, then swim directly north. You shouldn't have to swim far until you encounter this smiley face in the water.
It looks similar to the 'here be dragons' easter egg - except it's a smiley face.

I would post a picture of it but i donno how, hopefully you can find it.

smile.gif

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:09 PM

Thats a nice find you got yourself there! You should make a snap map marking of its exact location.

easter egg231
  • easter egg231

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:20 PM

thanks.
how do i do that?

Jordy.
  • Jordy.

Matty?

• Members

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (easter egg231 @ Apr 6 2009, 13:20)
thanks.
how do i do that?

http://snapmap.wikigta.org/

Just click on the map where it is icon14.gif

easter egg231
  • easter egg231

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:42 PM

Here is the map to it

user posted image

I wonder if there are many more smiley easter eggs. sigh.gif

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (easter egg231 @ Apr 6 2009, 12:56)
I found this smiley face in the water, i donno if you've seen this one. I think it's a loonies gang reference from gta2

this is what you have to do to find it.
Look at your world map, you can see all of the land in the game and the sea surrounding it. What you have to do is go to the most northern part of land possible - without going in the sea.
If you look on the map, the most northern piece of land is a small pier in northern gardens. Go to the pier, there is a drug dealer nearby and some rusting cars. Walk to the very edge - facing north - and jump of, then swim directly north. You shouldn't have to swim far until you encounter this smiley face in the water.
It looks similar to the 'here be dragons' easter egg - except it's a smiley face.

I would post a picture of it but i donno how, hopefully you can find it.

smile.gif

I can confirm this Easter Egg. It is not possible to get an snapmap location, as the face is located off the edge of the map. Though if you go to the most northern part of the map and swim north you will find it.

The smiley face is the same face used in the "Hello Again!" Easter Egg from Liberty City Stories, which in turn is a reference to the "You're Not Supposed To Be Able To Get Up Here" sign from GTA III.

Here is a picture of the sign from LCS:

user posted image

easter egg231
  • easter egg231

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:44 PM

Cool i never knew that :w rolleyes.gif

Waltzing Mouse
  • Waltzing Mouse

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (The Horror Is Alive @ Mar 21 2009, 07:18)
QUOTE (FILIPINOMAZTER @ Mar 21 2009, 06:34)
QUOTE (The Horror Is Alive @ Mar 21 2009, 04:05)
user posted image

Here's a better pic! biggrin.gif

nice one your EMULATOR works pretty well.....

user posted image

... and so does my game cart.

You, on the other hand, have not bought the game, judging by how you wanted to know where the scratchcard shops were, which are LITTERED all over the map.

How about you fork over the cash to support Rockstar, hmm?

I have a right to have the ROM and emulator. You don't. End of discussion.

Chinatown Wars wasn't out in 2004.

Also, "Rat Race" is the name of a multiplayer map on Halo: Combat Evolved.

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

• Members

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:27 PM

I thought "Rat Race" was a comedy film with Rowan Atkinson in it where they all have to race accross America to find a locker containing a key to a safe containing a lot of money? Is there a reference there?

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (cold fusion 33 @ Apr 6 2009, 20:27)
I thought "Rat Race" was a comedy film with Rowan Atkinson in it where they all have to race accross America to find a locker containing a key to a safe containing a lot of money? Is there a reference there?

Yeah that is the name of the film, although I can't see any discernible references to the film. In the mission you just protect Kenny on his way to Hsin's by using a mounted gun, and then drive him the rest of the way to Hsin's when all enemies are taken out.

FILIPINOMAZTER
  • FILIPINOMAZTER

THE GTA MASTER

• Members

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE (Waltzing Mouse @ Apr 6 2009, 18:28)
QUOTE (The Horror Is Alive @ Mar 21 2009, 07:18)
QUOTE (FILIPINOMAZTER @ Mar 21 2009, 06:34)
QUOTE (The Horror Is Alive @ Mar 21 2009, 04:05)
user posted image

Here's a better pic! biggrin.gif

nice one your EMULATOR works pretty well.....

user posted image

... and so does my game cart.

You, on the other hand, have not bought the game, judging by how you wanted to know where the scratchcard shops were, which are LITTERED all over the map.

How about you fork over the cash to support Rockstar, hmm?

I have a right to have the ROM and emulator. You don't. End of discussion.

Also, "Rat Race" is the name of a multiplayer map on Halo: Combat Evolved.

looks like a glitch

nbond99
  • nbond99

Agent of Chaos

• Members

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (Waltzing Mouse @ Apr 6 2009, 18:28)

Please tell me that was a joke.... Did you consider the fact that maybe the date and time on his camera aren't set up properly? suicidal.gif

The Horror Is Alive
  • The Horror Is Alive

Monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane.

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:42 PM

I had just been on a mass-murdering-rampage around the city with a packet of SMG, Minigun, and Carbine bullets, when I suddenly got busted.

Crap. I've lost all my weapons.

So I restock from Ammunation (about fifty grand worth) and then hail a taxi, and select the location of a special coke deal that I recieved an email about in the middle of my rampage. Yep, everything's normal so far. I decide to skip the trip, so I press start. Oh, nope, I suddenly remember it's select. Start didn't have any effect, BTW. When I press select, I get the police computer menu, in a taxi. WTF? I exit the menu and press the top button (forget what it is on DS, it's a triangle on the PS controllers tounge.gif ) and Huang bails out of the taxi. But the taxi just keeps driving! About 2 or 3 camera lengths away, it disappears along with the van travelling beside it (I'd say that's the draw distance taking effect). I press the arrow buttons, and lo and behold, Huang still exists! I can see where he's going by using the minimap. I run to a safehouse (it's probably worth noting that I never "hit" anything along the way; my path was completely clear). I get to the green symbol on my map, and take a guess as to where the chevrons are. I seemed to have gotten my guess right, because the game suddenly...

froze.

Couldn't do much about it, so I just turned the damn thing off. I lost all the stats I had gained in my little rampage, but that doesn't really matter, I suppose. I can always just do another one devil.gif

Has anyone encountered a glitch similar to this?

(PS: You might think "well why did he tell me that, it doesn't matter" with some parts of my description, but I detailed everything I could to see if anyone had the same problem with their game, and maybe we could narrow it down to a single cause).

Interesting, to say the least lol.gif

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users