Photo

Canei Advertisement competition

7 replies to this topic
007 RoadRunner
  • 007 RoadRunner

ЯR

• Members

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:37 PM

I've entered an advertisement competition for a brand of whine. I've been photoshopping for years now but by entering this competition I'd like to see if I can take my hobby one step further. That's why I would like all of you to review my submission and give honest comments. Maybe I can learn from the tips you give me and use it on future projects. You can see and rate my poster here.

Wightboy
  • Wightboy

Cooler than the other side of your pillow.

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:27 PM

its wine.
and the video doesnt work for me for some reason
if your good at photoshop how does that tranferr to making a video??
if its an image re-host it and put it here id like to see it smile.gif

Pico
  • Pico

cinnamon ropes

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:06 PM

Why did it take 15 seconds to load and end up being a tiny, pixelated representation of your poster in a video player?

@Wightboy.
its wine.

Don't start sentences with and, so often at least. Capitalize the beginning of your sentences. Use proper punctuation.

Also, it's hosted there because I'm sure he wants us to vote for it. Sadly, in my case it didn't work out for his benefit.

Guybrush Threepwood
  • Guybrush Threepwood

Wish you were here.

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (Pico @ Mar 24 2009, 17:06)
Use proper punctuation.

QUOTE (Nike)
Just do it!

There, issue resolved.

Now onto the site. I'm sure I'd vote for you if I could actually see the poster. Instead it's shrunken into a retarded player where its displayed for 3 seconds before it goes 'omg vote?'.
You wanna rehost that thing there on isara or imageshack, buddy?

Wightboy
  • Wightboy

Cooler than the other side of your pillow.

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:32 PM

I enabled some plugins and the video now loads
it looks promising, but id like to see it bigger biggrin.gif
upload to imagehost?

and i dont use proper spelling/punctuation becuase frankly I dont care
this is gta forums, and everything I say here is informal
if I really wanted to I could make everything nice n' proper but that takes time
I come here to chill out, cast forth my opinions, and make gfx...- not to be intterupted for my grammer mis-usage

Trows
  • Trows

• The Precinct

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (Wightboy @ Mar 25 2009, 05:32)
and i dont use proper spelling/punctuation becuase frankly I dont care
this is gta forums, and everything I say here is informal
if I really wanted to I could make everything nice n' proper but that takes time
I come here to chill out, cast forth my opinions, and make gfx...- not to be intterupted for my grammer mis-usage

So don't bother with correcting his spelling mistakes wink.gif

Anyway, from what I can make out, work on the concept a bit more; two wine bottles; a background image (which I can't quite make out); the bubbles and the slogan 'Life Sparkles' doesn't quite flow as well as it should.

When it comes to advertising, the big thing is to have a great idea - once you have that, it's easy to use whatever tools you have at your disposal to create it.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (Trows @ Mar 24 2009, 14:20)
When it comes to advertising, the big thing is to have a great idea - once you have that, it's easy to use whatever tools you have at your disposal to create it.

...couldn't have said it better if I worked in advertising myself.

Which I do. ph34r.gif

Right now, it actually looks like a coca cola ad. Probably not the right area. I voted you 20, however. wink.gif

Pico
  • Pico

cinnamon ropes

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (eDad @ Mar 24 2009, 10:30)
Instead it's shrunken into a retarded player where its displayed for 3 seconds before it goes 'omg vote?'.

That made me literally f*ckin lol, because it's exactly how it is. Particularly the OMG VOTE part. lol.gif

But yeah, if you could upload the actual picture to a hosting site and post a link to that so we can get a good look at it, it'd be nice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users