» «
Photo

GTA Auckland, New Zealand

51 replies to this topic
hurricane13
  • hurricane13

D.V.K Rep

• Members

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:59 AM Edited by hurricane13, 19 March 2009 - 11:53 AM.

The Auckland metropolitan area or Greater Auckland, in the North Island of New Zealand, is the largest and most populous urban area in the country with over 1.3 million residents.
Google Maps
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
There are numerous gangs in New Zealand, of varying criminality, organisation and ethnicity. According to the New Zealand Police, the three most prominent New Zealand gangs are Black Power (not related to the African-American movement); the Mongrel Mob, and the Nomads. Other gangs are prominent in particular areas, for example the Junior Don Kings (JDK) and Dope Money Sex (DMS) in Central Auckland.

According to the book Gangs by Ross Kemp, New Zealand has more gangs per head then any other country in the world, with about seventy major gangs and over 4,000 patched members in a population of about 4,000,000 people.

According to sociologist Jarrod Gilbert, New Zealand has had problems with youth and street gangs since the 1950s. However organised crime gangs such as those which currently dominate the New Zealand scene mostly date from the 1970s. 'Gangsta' style gangs have been a presence in New Zealand since the early 1990s but individual gangs of this type are typically short lived. New Zealand gangs have generally been heavily influenced by their American counterparts. Although Black Power takes its name from the black liberation movement of the same name, in many ways it and similar gangs are much more akin to white American motorcycle gangs such as the Hell's Angels. Since the early 1990s newer gangs have primarily been influenced by African American street gangs such as the Crips and Bloods.

Prominent gangs
Mongrel Mob
user posted image
user posted image
The Mongrel Mob was formed and organised in Hastings about 1968 and, like its Black Power rivals, is primarily Mori and Pacific Islander. The gang has been active in organised crime and has been involved in several murders. Its symbol is a bulldog wearing a German Stahlhelm helmet, and the gang makes use of other Nazi imagery. Their colours are red and white. The Mongrel Mob is currently the biggest gang in New Zealand.

Black Power
user posted image
user posted image
Black Power was formed in the late 1960s in Whakatane, and its membership is primarily Mori and Pacific Islander. It has been involved with various kinds of crime, particularly drug dealing. Its symbol is the clenched fist of the American black power movement, and its colours are blue and black

Hells Angels MC
user posted image
The Hells Angels motorcycle club founded a chapter in Auckland in 1961 and has since taken over gangs in Wanganui. New Zealand had the first chapter of the Hells Angels outside the US.

Highway 61 MC
The Highway 61 motorcycle club is currently the largest outlaw motorcycle club in New Zealand. The motorcycle club currently has chapters in Auckland, Hastings, Rotorua, Wellington and also Sydney, Australia

Nomads
In 1977 the Nomads split from Black Power.

Tribesmen MC
The Tribesmen is a prominently Mori motorcycle club formed in the 1980s in Otara. It is connected to the Killerbeez youth street gang.

Other gangs
Crips (Youth Gang)
Bloods (Youth Gang)
Dope Money Sex (Youth Gang) - Central Auckland
Forty Five MC (Takanini)
Headhunters MC (Auckland)
Killerbeez (Organized Youth Gang - Connected to the Tribesman)
King Cobras (Auckland) formed in central Auckland during the 1960s, K.C started as a largely Samoan gang but including some Pakeha and people from other Polynesian countries.
Grim Reapers MC
StormTroopers MC

Some Vehicles

all Holden HSV models and oldschool
user posted image
user posted image

all Ford XR6 and XR8 models and oldschool cars
user posted image
Subaru WRX
user posted image

Mitsubishi EVO
user posted image

ayushisrocking
  • ayushisrocking

Winning!

• Members

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:10 AM

hmm....seems interesting.The location's great, but isn't NZ a bit too quiet place for a GTA to be held?and about the gangs, I think you've added too many of 'em, remove a couple of them, and this plan will be fine wink.gif

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:26 AM

hurricane13 set this up the way I'd like to see these types of topics done if they are to stand alone outside Build Your Own GTA. Got a setting, story, map, some background information, everything. The map to me really makes it because it gives a good visual for these, really seems to put your concept into something that we can envision mentally. Do you have any pictures of Auckland? (Interesting choice for a setting - whether or not it actually has a lot of street crime is inconsequential to me)

I do ask that those larger images be resized so as not to stretch the page though, can that be arranged?

Dragonex100
  • Dragonex100

I run this town! Me!

• Members

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:09 PM

Good idea. New zealand is a bit odd of a place for GTA though. How about Australia, and New Zealand could be an island of it? That would be perfect.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:12 PM

I think it would be plausible to have the southeast corner of Australia along with NZ. Have Auckland, Sydney, Melbourne, maybe Canberra and/or Newcastle. And some towns out in the bush colgate.gif

hurricane13
  • hurricane13

D.V.K Rep

• Members

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (Dragonex100 @ Mar 19 2009, 12:09)
New Zealand could be an island of it? That would be perfect.

yea thats good idea!!!

SKuXX Guy
  • SKuXX Guy

• Members

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:20 AM

Nice Idea bro. I used to live in Auckland. Just imagine driving towards the in game
version of the Central Motorway Junction into a traffic jam on the way to the
North Shore. Another idea make Whangarei and Hamilton two Islands

Stink_Fist
  • Stink_Fist

Goo Goo G'Joob

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:34 AM

Maybe we should have the North Island, I think it would be better. Cause there are many cities. Like Auckland, Wellington, Hawkes Bay, Taupo etc.

There are also all those country towns like Norsewood and Dannevirke that can be put in aswell. They could maybe cut down the distance between the cities, but because of the varied topography the North Island has, which I have noticed while visiting family and such, would look good imo. Image having Lake Taupo in the game? That would be awesome.

Also those gangs are spread out amongst the North Island, like we have alot of Mongeral Mob and Black Power down here in Wellington. And our police cars would be nice to cruise around in biggrin.gif

user posted image

Wellington:
user posted image

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (Stink_Fist @ Apr 2 2009, 21:34)
Maybe we should have the North Island, I think it would be better. Cause there are many cities. Like Auckland, Wellington, Hawkes Bay, Taupo etc.

and have Dunedin over a bridge from there? Now would be the ultimate GTA. Go NZ icon14.gif
You'd have to have Hamilton in there too. Boy racing capital of New Zealand.
I reckon having the Auckland Sky Tower and Harbour bridge in a GTA game would be really cool.

QUOTE (Stinky @ Apr 2 2009, 21:34)
Image having Lake Taupo in the game? That would be awesome.

That would be rather sweet.

My idea would be having the layout of SA, so you'd have 3 cities. Auckland where LS is (gang activity),
Dunedin where SF is and Wellington where LV is.
Then, you could just have small towns like Nelson, Kaitaia, New Plymouth, Hamilton, Taupo etc where the
Desert and Countryside is. Then shove Lake Taupo where the Sherman Dam is and bam, GTA: NZ.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:19 PM

I came into this topic albeit a little weary. I didn't think New Zealand would be able to make it as an setting for Grand Theft Auto, but then again, I don't know much about New Zealand.

I must admit, you've changed my mind. You've made a very informative topic that gives the right sort of detail needed to make Auckland seem like the sort of place Grand Theft Auto would go. I really like the idea of The Mongrol Mob and Black Power organizations, would be a nice addition to the current roster of gangs. I could see the player playing as an Mori native, that's defiantly a ethnic group we haven't covered yet.

I do like the idea of having New Zealand as an island on a much larger map. Including some areas of Australia seem like the most logical idea, as we can then broaden the spectrum of gangs and features found in-game.

Rockstar have a whole bank of topics to make fun of. Australia still being apart of The British Commonwealth, New Zealand being the setting for The Lord Of The Rings, their large number of sheep and what they apparently like to do with them. Rockstar would have a whale of a time!

Mr.Bulgarin
  • Mr.Bulgarin

Snoopy

• Members

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (Mainland Marauder @ Mar 19 2009, 12:12)
I think it would be plausible to have the southeast corner of Australia along with NZ. Have Auckland, Sydney, Melbourne, maybe Canberra and/or Newcastle. And some towns out in the bush colgate.gif

Now sydney sounds like a great idea! tounge.gif

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

The Droogs, Finally real rapists on the scene.

• Members

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:08 PM Edited by Pr0xy_fl00d3r, 02 April 2009 - 04:10 PM.

I watched a documentary about the Mongrels once, they are a pretty hard bunch of guys, they would make a perfect GTA gang imo.
As for Auckland, I think its promising, as parts of the city provide the nightlife and metropolis like essence that was Vice city, and other areas provide good suburban/beach areas and street gangs. But I wouldn't know as i have never been to the country, so someone might want to enlighten me sigh.gif

Stink_Fist
  • Stink_Fist

Goo Goo G'Joob

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:01 PM Edited by Stink_Fist, 02 April 2009 - 08:05 PM.

QUOTE (!!GameCH33TA!! @ Apr 2 2009, 21:05)
My idea would be having the layout of SA, so you'd have 3 cities. Auckland where LS is (gang activity),
Dunedin where SF is and Wellington where LV is.
Then, you could just have small towns like Nelson, Kaitaia, New Plymouth, Hamilton, Taupo etc where the
Desert and Countryside is. Then shove Lake Taupo where the Sherman Dam is and bam, GTA: NZ.

That would be sweet. Maybe they could alter out where Bone County was, make it similar to the West Coast of the South Island. Maybe throw in the Southern Alps, chuck in some ski-feilds for a mini game tounge2.gif

Jet-skiiing on Lake Taupo in game would be fun, cause it's fun irl. Just cruising on a boat, looking at the landscape with Mt Ruapehu in the distance.

Lake Taupo:
http://feodyssey.com...o-28761-lge.jpg

Southern Alps:
user posted image

QUOTE (Proxy)
As for Auckland, I think its promising, as parts of the city provide the nightlife and metropolis like essence that was Vice city, and other areas provide good suburban/beach areas and street gangs. But I wouldn't know as i have never been to the country, so someone might want to enlighten me

Yup, your right. Auckland has distinct areas, from what I can remember of what you have described. South Auckland is really known for its roughness and its youth-street gangs.

Here is a picture of the Auckland CBD or metropolis area:

user posted image
user posted image

And it has beaches aswell, and alot of water and harbour for boats.

n050up4u
  • n050up4u

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:01 PM

Also known for it's stoners.. Woooyeaaah.

SKuXX Guy
  • SKuXX Guy

• Members

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:22 AM

They should make a feature where you can bungy jump from the Auckland Harbour Bridge
and make recreate the Skywalk and the 192m Skydive.

jplip
  • jplip

PINOY CULTURE WARRIOR

• Members

Posted 04 April 2009 - 12:39 PM

Auckland is too nice to be a GTA location....

there are no Bloods and Crips there.
I have been in australia. I see nothing bad except for Racist.. and Gay and lesbian movements
i love the city especially Sydney.. i love the Opera house.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (jplip @ Apr 4 2009, 12:39)

Every city has an seedy underbelly. Look at London for example, those of you who have visited it as an tourist will have only seen Westminster and thought that was what London is like. However it is filled with gangs and violence.

And this isn't "Blood & Crips: The Game." They don't need to be in the game for it to work. Look at every game besides San Andreas; they did alright without them!

jplip
  • jplip

PINOY CULTURE WARRIOR

• Members

Posted 04 April 2009 - 05:36 PM

No what i mean is what the guy posted..

GANGS IN AUCKLAND

Blood and CRips... thats not a good idea to put those gangs in that city

fishermanGTA
  • fishermanGTA

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:25 PM

Lol stop kidding yourself. NZ is a tiny little suburbian city and you know it tounge.gif

jplip
  • jplip

PINOY CULTURE WARRIOR

• Members

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:43 PM

NZ is too calm men...
it might have crimes.. but well. Still a very peaceful place

not a GTA material

Stink_Fist
  • Stink_Fist

Goo Goo G'Joob

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 04 April 2009 - 09:19 PM

Have you ever been to NZ? If you have, you would notice that there are youth street gangs, bloods and the crips.

NeuroticAxeMan
  • NeuroticAxeMan

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 April 2009 - 03:37 AM

It's cool that you've put a bit of thought into this but sorry, this would never happen. I hate to say it.. but NZ is boring! Having used to of lived there i do actually know what im talking about.

I can see where you are coming from, to a New Zealander Auckland may seem a pretty bustling and happening city. But on a global scale.. no way. Atm im living in Europe, and having been to most of the main centers here i can tell you that auckland doesnt even come close.

Also another point; all the 'gangs' and 'gangsters' in NZ are mostly posers acting like american crims. They model it all on gangster movies and hip hop music from america. So really, whats the point in making a game about a bunch of imitators when you could just have the real thing?

Sorry im sounding so negative.. its just that i found this thread rather ridiculous biggrin.gif

javi13
  • javi13

Doa backflip

• Members

Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:02 AM

If we did have a GTA in NZ, the GPU on the consoles wouldn't be able to handle all of the sheep!

bigPH
  • bigPH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:28 AM

gta set in nz is a mud idea no waaaaaaaaaay. auckland is crap there are no bloods and crips they are teenage f*ckheads. theres maybe 2 -3 dozen murders a year for the whole country less than some cities in a month. considering gta is violent its a bad choice.

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

Whiskey Tits

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 05 April 2009 - 01:21 PM Edited by Iminicus, 05 April 2009 - 01:24 PM.

Double post. My bad.

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

Whiskey Tits

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 05 April 2009 - 01:24 PM

This is quite possibly the single worst idea for a GTA location ever. There is nothing in New Zealand of notable notoriety for GTA to be based here, not one thing.

While, I understand wanting to have the game set in a location based on your country, you have to look at the people ( the majority of the consumer base ) and see where they want. Considering GTA sells more copies in the US and Europe alone over Australasia shows you where all potential locations will be.

Also, New Zealand has a population of 4 million people and the crime rate for the country is the same as Merced, California but you don't see people in Merced wanting GTA located there.

jplip
  • jplip

PINOY CULTURE WARRIOR

• Members

Posted 05 April 2009 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (Stink_Fist @ Apr 4 2009, 21:19)
Have you ever been to NZ? If you have, you would notice that there are youth street gangs, bloods and the crips.

HELL sh*t.. there are Bloods and Crips all over the WORLD!!

But sh*t helll.... NO WAY there are DANGEROUS TEENAGE YOUTH GANGBANGERS IN NZ

men.. i've been in Australia. And Australia is a bit too peaceful for me.. So what else
is there for NZ??
Maybe missions Milking Cows...

This is the baddest idea ever for a GTA setting

Stink_Fist
  • Stink_Fist

Goo Goo G'Joob

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:33 AM

Baddest? You mean worst mate. You better be thanking your ass, cause the dairy products you eat are most likely from NZ.

And Australia and NZ are too completely different countries.

@Javi13 lol.gif ...

.... suicidal.gif

jplip
  • jplip

PINOY CULTURE WARRIOR

• Members

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:04 AM

Baddest is a TERm..haha Many pipz use it.

yeah THanks NZ for the Butter and cheese and milk i use in dippin my Oreo.

f*ck China MILK!

IF there are only two choices... Australia or NZ.
I'll just pick Australia

bud5mok38alla
  • bud5mok38alla

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Apr 4 2009, 14:33)
QUOTE (jplip @ Apr 4 2009, 12:39)

Every city has an seedy underbelly. Look at London for example, those of you who have visited it as an tourist will have only seen Westminster and thought that was what London is like. However it is filled with gangs and violence.

And this isn't "Blood & Crips: The Game." They don't need to be in the game for it to work. Look at every game besides San Andreas; they did alright without them!

mate im from new zealand we dont have bloods we have the mongrel mob they wear the red in this country

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users