• Members

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:07 PM

No problem buddy, glad I could offer a helping hand. smile.gif

McLovin2404
  • McLovin2404

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:09 PM

I hated that mission where you had to fly those remote controlled heli's into a construction building...geeze! After numerous attempts, I shelved the game and haven't gone back since.

Maybe I should give it a go again...

Kalev4ever
  • Kalev4ever

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:15 PM Edited by Kalev4ever, 11 May 2009 - 05:19 PM.

That, construction building mission was named "Demolition Man" smile.gif
I myself would have wanted a little more domolition after I passed the mission. The building should have "demolished" much more, than it did. I really liked those two construction yards there although.
If u haven´t played it for a long time, then it would be good to bring back memories and see, how good are you now at it.

But still, I like "Bombs Away!" and "Dildo Dodo" much more, than Averys mission.
Dildo Dodo is actually very easy, you just don´t have to take quick turns, slightly and peacefully fly the Dodo and the mission is over. I only remember how I got owned by the ships iron construction thing on board or smth like that biggrin.gif
I started from Downtown and ended in Vice Port usually.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:14 AM

QUOTE (McLovin2404 @ May 11 2009, 15:09)
I hated that mission where you had to fly those remote controlled heli's into a construction building...geeze! After numerous attempts, I shelved the game and haven't gone back since.

Maybe I should give it a go again...

I most definitely think you should; you're missing out on a lot due to the fact that you've abandoned the game at such an early stage.

Here's a few tips for you, in-case you decide to give the game another playthrough.

The RC Goblin handles considerably better than the RC Raider, and you have to continuously hold the forward button down to make the chopper increase in speed. If you find you are going too high upon entering the construction site, take you finger off the accelerator but keep your finger firmly on the forward button, this will lower your chopper and also maintain the chopper's progress forward.

If you look on the radar, you should notice a set of four blips. The square shaped blips mean that the drop point is on the same level as you. The triangular blips mean the drop point is not on the same level as you. This will help heaps when you get to each floor, as if you aren't aware of this, you could be searching for three/four separate blips unnecessarily.

This is also the reason I'd make sure to start from the bottom drop point and work your way up to the top. If you started at the top, you could easily get confused at which blip you should be heading for, though you should still get the gist anyway.

Also, the blades on the RC Goblin are extremely useful weapons. When turned forward, if you plow into the builders/PIGs you'll slice them up and kill them almost instantly. This is very useful for when you are going up floors and you encounter PIGS who begin to shoot at you immediately. Wiping them out as quickly as possible (there are two on the third floor and one on the top floor) will ensure your Chopper to not burn itself out. And providing you fly above the builders (preventing them from whacking you with the Hammer, although you have to be careful when dropping each bomb), as well as being careful not to hit the walls or bars on the construction site, you'll soon get the hang of the mission in no time.

If the builders & PIGs are causing you too much hassle, as I have already stated in this topic, take them down prior to picking up a bomb. The timer will not start until you pick up your first explosive, and if you wipe out all obstacles in your path, you'll no doubt make the mission easier to complete.

I started from Downtown and ended in Vice Port usually.

And that's the best way to go about it. If you immediately trek all the way to the southernmost blip, without collecting any blips on your way, you'll waste a whole lot of fuel on the journey. Starting at the closest, or northernmost blip will ensure that you make the most of your fuel supply.

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Playa

• Members

Posted 14 May 2009 - 06:04 AM

Demolition Man, Bombs Away(I hate those RC missions), Dildo Dodo, Stunt Boat Challenge and Checkpoint Charlie.

GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK
  • GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK

Jason Summers

• Members

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:52 PM

One mission even more frustrating then demolition man was the one in which you have to fly the toy planes to drop bombs in some gang Haitians mostly. I just hate that mission. What abt you guys?

iDon
  • iDon

The Dark Knight

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:07 AM

All of Ken's missions, Demolition Man, Bombs Away, and Dildo Dodo.

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:39 AM

For mission Demolition Man, read this

For mission Bombs Away! there's a trick you can use that makes it simple to pass the mission. It isn't cheating, it just makes use of an oddity in the characteristics of the game. It's often been mentioned on this board if you look around a bit

Steve

DT-boy
  • DT-boy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:44 AM Edited by DT-boy, 18 June 2009 - 05:48 AM.

I hate RC Bandit Race!! It's soooo #@! hard!!! Especially on PS2!! It's a real pain. Also, the Taxi Driver mission... why do I have to complete 100 fares??? WTF... it took me 2 hours on PS2 (i completed it yesterday in a row). I'm glad they reduced the fares to 50 in San Andreas. But they put back to 100 in Liberty City Stories! Grrrrrr

For Bombs Away! here's a tip: Land the RC Baron at the house and run-over a cuban until you hear a sound. If done go to another cuban and do the same (but try to not push them into the boats!). If all cubans are dead then fly above a boat and throw the bomb. It will take about 5 minutes (at least for starters) to take out all three boats.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (DT-boy @ Jun 18 2009, 06:44)
For Bombs Away! here's a tip: Land the RC Baron at the house and run-over a cuban until you hear a sound. If done go to another cuban and do the same (but try to not push them into the boats!). If all cubans are dead then fly above a boat and throw the bomb. It will take about 5 minutes (at least for starters) to take out all three boats.

Yep, for those of you who really struggle with this, and want a cheat-free & easy way to complete this, make use of this exploit. Here's what I've posted about the method in this topic before -

You can complete this mission very easily by exploiting a bug in the game script, as already stated. The Cubans won't actually start shooting until you drop a bomb in their vicinity, or self-destruct near them. So here's the thing; Don't drop a bomb or self-destruct! Fly your plane over to the Cubans on the jetty, land, then continuously run them all over until they are all dead, making sure you don't miss anybody out (There are a couple of them hidden behind objects, so search thoroughly before you assume you've got them all). They will not retaliate, and will simply let you kill them. After all of them are dead, fly onto the Westernmost boat and press the "self destruct" button to blow it up. The boat will set fire, and so will you, but you will have a split second that you can use to your advantage. In that split second, quickly dart over to the middle boat. If you do it quick enough, you will blow up, forcing the middle boat to set on fire as well as the Westernmost one. Now you'll be left with one immobile boat to destroy, and two planes to destroy it with, it's child's play! Ignore the Cuban Hermes, that doesn't have to be destroyed. You'll find this method a lot easier than the scripted way.

It makes completing the mission considerably easier!

DT-Boy, that's interesting; I've never heard anybody mention anything about the difficulty level of the RC Bandit race. I do agree with you though - for a novice, this can be very frustrating to complete, especially if you ricochet off a bump and lose ground on the others. You really have to accustom to the course. That means knowing it's route off by heart, as well as knowing where all major & minor obstacles are. Things like adjusting speed at certain corners are important to know about too. It does take a bit of practise, but can be done very simply after a short period.

I honestly do not mind completing taxi fares. If the game wasn't blessed with K-Chat & VCPR I'd find them a lot more tedious. Have you ever tried listening to the chat show stations whilst completing fares?

MyDog
  • MyDog

FC BARCELONA

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 11:51 AM Edited by MyDog, 05 August 2009 - 11:59 AM.

I don't have the worst mission in Vice City...Missions I really hate are those I get bored playing and not a single mission in VC is boring so I like them all. I find Demolition Man one of the most fun missions, as it's fun to run into a worker or a PIG chopping him! Also, it's fun to completely ignore all of them, dodging PIG bullets. When a last bomb is set, KABOOM! They all die inside!! devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif
To me failing Death Row could be a little frustrating, especially when I fail it few times in a row. But, when I get to Lance, it's super fun! I get in a Sentinel there and race to the hospital, with all Diaz's boys and police (I usually get two-star wanted level killing Diaz's goons) chasing me! Great mission! But, my favorite mission is Rub Out. Also it kinda reminds me of Scarface, which is my favorite gangster movie.

TRATC
  • TRATC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:12 PM

I hate Stickin it to the man.

Trexon
  • Trexon

Trexon

• Members

Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:27 PM

I really hate sir yes sir i always die before i can even shoot the guy out of the tank
rampage_ani.gif suicidal.gif Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif orly.gif

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE (Trexon @ Aug 16 2009, 23:27)
I really hate sir yes sir i always die before i can even shoot the guy out of the tank
rampage_ani.gif suicidal.gif Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif orly.gif

Don't shoot him. Wait until they stop for doughnuts and then just pull the driver out of the tank and take it over. Once you're in the tank and moving they can't stop you smile.gif

Steve

The N. Bellic Man
  • The N. Bellic Man

Crazy Idiot

• Members

Posted 27 August 2009 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (flicko @ Mar 19 2009, 10:03)
QUOTE (Ghett0 @ Mar 19 2009, 03:01)
Never heard of Vive City.

What on Earth are you talking about...?! ph34r.gif

I think, judging by the replies in this topic, that the most hated missions are the ones that people have difficulty with. I'm not in the same boat, since I've played and completed VC more times than I've had hot dinners (And I have one of those nearly every other day! tounge.gif ).

Most of the missions mentioned are the ones I take pride in completing and thrive upon-

Demolition Man- I absolutely love this mission, and play through the mission in two different ways, depending on what mood I'm in. I often try and complete it in the quickest time possible, by charging through the building, completely ignoring the Builders and P.I.G's (best is around (three minutes twenty seconds). And other times, when I'm feeling more tranquil, I like to charge through the building, making sure that I charge through the builders and P.I.G's in the process. The rotating blade makes for a great killing spree, and I still have minutes to spare to actually complete the mission.

Publicity Tour- Man, what a buzz this mission is! There's nothing quite like charging down the roads of Downtown with your foot to the floor, fearing for your existence whilst a group of obnoxious, rude and downright comical Scotsman panic and start acting hysterical at the fact that if I go too slow, kaboom! It give me an adrenaline rush, something that a select few missions actually do. I tend to play through this mission with at least a two-star wanted level as well, which only adds to the excitement. Great fun!

Death Row- This is another mission that gives me an adrenaline buzz, especially when I'm storming to the Junkyard in my Stinger, listening to 'Flock of Seagulls' rendition of 'Run'. I take prided in obliterating Diaz's goons, both with my weaponry and with the Trashmaster. And it's all leading up to the big showdown, thrilling stuff!

I really wish I could contribute to this topic with a mission that I hate, but there really isn't one!

I'm not trying kiss ass, and the quote above is just an example, but nice touch flicko. Really appreciate your input. So it's no wonder you've been awarded. And I totally agree that those missions that are the hardest aren't necessarily the worst.

iDon
  • iDon

The Dark Knight

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:18 AM

Demolition Man.

kamuran
  • kamuran

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (iDon @ Aug 27 2009, 18:18)
Demolition Man.

Demolition Man is pretty easy for me. I hate the mission when you have to drive the ice cream truck around and sell crack to people. I think that mission is pointless. Am I wrong?

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:25 AM

For me its that mission right after you capture Diaz's mansion where you have to run down to the mall and vandalize all the shops.

That took me freakin' days to complete. No matter what I did I always either crashed my car into some jackass at 100 mph or had one shop left over.

suicidal.gif

usernotfound
  • usernotfound

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:37 AM

all missions in GTA VC were pretty easy....

Except for The Driver. that mission is near impossible to complete

xTRLx
  • xTRLx

Hey People. I'm Tom, 16 Years Old And Love GTA =P

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:18 PM

Demolition Man, FU.CK that mission.

XXI Inc
  • XXI Inc

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:11 PM

For me it was that one from Auntie Poulet where you had to drop bombs from the RC Plane on the moving boats(Bombs Away, I think). But nowadays I can pass any mission from the first try.

Demolition man and The Driver weren't that hard. Demolition man is quite easy and The Driver is easy too if you drive carefully.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:43 PM

For me the RC missions were plain simple for me dontgetit.gif
But the Hardest or most Frustrating missions was, The one you do for Colonel Cortez, Where you steal the Tank, I got kills numerouse of times from the army. Also i Hate the Distribution Ice Cream truck van missions, so long and also what the hell was in those Ice cream?

Like why would cops care?

Heihachi_73
  • Heihachi_73

Hey! My cab!!

• Members

Posted 30 August 2009 - 11:41 AM

That one was extremely easy for me, all I did was floor a Cheetah over the majority of them, get out from a distance and snipe them with an M4 which is conveniently located nearby, outside Auntie Paulet's house.

One interesting thing about the army on that mission, as well as the ones around Fort Baxter - you do not get busted if they rip you out of your car, even if you have a wanted level. I had a bit of fun inside Fort Baxter and one of them decided to drag me out of the tank, and to my surprise I wasn't busted, they just punched and shot at me like normal gangs (which they technically are). The only army people who can bust you are the ones who are actually driving around in vehicles chasing you; these also have SMGs like the FBI rather than hard-hitting M4s.

I will still go by saying that Phnom Penh '86 is the hardest I've ever done, especially on the PlayStation 2 without the luxury of mouse controlled aiming!

Distribution was somewhat boring, but not hard in any way, although if a cop decided to spawn at the same time as having only 1 star, they instantly go straight after you on foot rather than shooting at your van and that can be annoying since the van is incredibly s.l.o.w. at accelerating.

Long Haired Freaky Guy
  • Long Haired Freaky Guy

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 August 2009 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (Heihachi_73 @ Aug 30 2009, 11:41)
That one was extremely easy for me, all I did was floor a Cheetah over the majority of them, get out from a distance and snipe them with an M4 which is conveniently located nearby, outside Auntie Paulet's house.

Kind of the same way I did it. The first time I tried it, I tried running them all over on one side, but my car hit a tree and next thing I knew, they had surrounded me and blew my car up. So on the 2nd time of trying the mission, I drove at them with a fast car, and jumped out as the car was moving, thus resulting in the car smashing into the side of the convoy. This game me time to run to the hospital and find a vantage point to snipe them from, where I wouldn't be hit with by the Patriots or Barrack's. Sniped a few of them, then ran round the block, into the basketball court, where the patriots got stuck, then ran back onto the road and finished the rest of the infantry off with a sniper rifle, then just walked over to the tank.

Death Row was quite simple for me. I pulled up just outside the junkyard, killed the first two men by the entrance, then just made my way in, killing them one by one with my Uzi. The only annoying one was the guy high up on a platform, as you have to get right close to kill him with an Uzi. Then when I actually had Lance in the car with me, I exited the junkyard and turned right, went round that bit by the little red bridge, making the pursuing cars follow me, then pulled back round, across the red bridge and drove off, leaving them by the red bridge.

Demolition Man was annoying as hell, but only for the fact that I've never being a fan of RC flying vehicles, as the controls really suck. The other annoying part of the mission was the fact I always tend to get lost and spend ages finding my way back to the steps in the middle.

Phnom Penh '86 used to annoy the f*ck out of me, as I'd always get blown up by a hidden guy who I couldn't see, but this time playing through I found it rather simple, just shooting all the barrels of explosives and the vehicles to kill half the men, then just concentrate on killing the rest of them.

So far, I've had no problem this time through, but I remember last time I had big problems with The Driver mission, as I'd always find myself hitting a car or a tree and losing the race.

MyDog
  • MyDog

FC BARCELONA

• Members

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:03 PM Edited by MyDog, 31 August 2009 - 05:14 PM.

QUOTE (Cilogy @ Aug 28 2009, 02:25)
For me its that mission right after you capture Diaz's mansion where you have to run down to the mall and vandalize all the shops.

That took me freakin' days to complete. No matter what I did I always either crashed my car into some jackass at 100 mph or had one shop left over.

suicidal.gif

I completed that in my first try lol...Did you use melee weapons? Cos I used Uzi (or Mac, I don't remember) to complete the mission. And the police...they didn't give me much trouble.

Sir Yes Sir used to give me trouble until I took a rocket launcher from a pool on the way to Escobar International. I took the launcher a few times before starting the mission (as you get only 4 rockets when you pick the launcher). I killed the soldiers from afar with the launcher and then finished the remaining off with my M-4.

Demolition Man was a fun mission (I explained that already). I completed it by bombing the barrel on top floor first and the bottom last.

I was frustrated with Death Row, but when I get Lance out, it's great mission. I did the mission like SYS, with rocket launcher. I killed the goons on the entrance with RPG, then proceeded with Tec 9.

khren
  • khren

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:39 PM

Reading your posts has brought back some memories.
Demo Man was a pain in the ass, I do not remember how many times I had to do it to pass, but it was aggravating.
Same with the RC plane bombing the Cubans.
Another one is the road race with Hillary, he has the Olds Cutlass, you have the piece of crap sentinel.
Getting the guy out of jail was not that hard, but it was not easy.
The Riot? There are alot tougher missions coming after this. wow.gif
Breaking the windows out at the mall is a bitch! devil.gif

Right now I am trying to get the car dealership, have 3 races down. Can knock out the last 3, cars keep kicking my ass. confused.gif
Cherry popper, the cops keep hitting me, the gangbangers aren't anything but a nuisnance, the cops kick you butt, throw you to the ground, when you get up they blow the crap out of you.

I am 67% of the way through the game. nervous.gif
83 out of 100 packages
24 out of 35 rampages
Have all the residences
Have all but 2 of the businesses need Auto Dealer and Cherry Popper Ice Cream
Have about one third of the jumps/stunts done.
15 out of 15 armed robberies. Tough finding the stores.

Long Haired Freaky Guy
  • Long Haired Freaky Guy

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (khren @ Sep 3 2009, 18:39)
Cherry popper, the cops keep hitting me, the gangbangers aren't anything but a nuisnance, the cops kick you butt, throw you to the ground, when you get up they blow the crap out of you.

I just went over to the Beach on the 1st island and started the mission there. There tends to always be huge groups of people there, who are always interested in buying an 'ice cream' off you. When I get a one star wanted level, I just drive around on the beach until the star goes, and then carry on delivering. The best thing about the beach is that there are no gangs here, so no trouble from them.

Just one thing though, make sure to always check around you all the time as it's hard to accelerate when on the sand, so if a cop is nearby and you get a wanted level, it's highly likely you will get busted.

fxtr
  • fxtr

=====

• Members

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:59 PM Edited by fxtr, 13 March 2010 - 01:29 PM.

Bar Brawl!
HATE to do this mission, it's boring!

Public Enemy No. 1
  • Public Enemy No. 1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:28 PM Edited by Public Enemy No. 1, 01 March 2010 - 05:23 PM.

Haven't played Vice City for a long time now, so I don't remember all the missions, though I remember that I've had big problems with many of them, including Shakedown, No Escape?, Death Row, Bar Brawl, Sir, Yes, Sir! and several others. Also, when I was younger and had just gotten the game, back in '03 - '04, I remember that I had big problems with Demolition Man, Mall Shootout, Guardian Angels, which all are missions that I don't have any problems with now.

Also, I see many people complaining about The Driver, which I completed on my first try, I didn't use any cheats or mods, and I drove the Sentinel XS during the whole race. Not hard at all.

If I would have to pick my personal no. 1 worst mission, though, I would have to say Death Row. Last time I went through the game, it took me more than 20 tries to complete it. When I finally completed it, I spent almost a full afternoon collecting weapons and armory for that mission, and I used a helicopter to escape. I started the mission with 100 in armor and 100 in health, and finished with 017 in health. Actually, I think that Rub Out is just a nice, relaxing break from Death Row. Hardest Grand Theft Auto mission in history, if you ask me.

Matty
  • Matty

Wiseguy

• Australia

Posted 24 January 2010 - 02:19 AM

Death Row was a pain when as I first attempted that mission I couldn't beat it no matter what I tried, but the trick to completing that mission go in on foot with a crap load of sub-machine gun ammo and full health and armor and shoot every thug as you see them. Because if you drive in the thugs will blow your car up pretty quick and before you have the chance of getting out, and even if you did make it out you would be shot up in an instant.

I'd have to say Demolition man as it's boring and time consuming, and if you fail that mission (your helicopter is destroyed) you have to go through it and do it all again and that really put me off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users