Worst mission of Vice city- Spoilers..

145 replies to this topic
flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (Vercetti27 @ Mar 20 2009, 12:01)
I actually found shakedown quite annoying as it was difficult to smash all the windows unless you have a krueger. I always would go upstairs, shoot all the windows, then go downstairs and do the same, think I finished but realise there is one more upstairs. dozingoff.gif

Here's a little pointer for you, if you decide to re-play the mission/game again- Whilst on the mission, if you look on your radar, look closer at the blips that tell you the whereabouts of each glass window. You'll notice two different shaped blips; triangular ones and circular ones. Triangular ones indicate that those glass windows are not on the same level as you (If you're on the top floor, it means all of those blips will be at the bottom, and vice versa). Circular blips indicate that those glass windows are on the same level as you. So, whilst on the mission, make sure you destroy all of the circular blips before going up or down a level in the mall. It will save precious time, and make this mission a tad easier.

Ok, new most hated mission: Supply and Demand.

Why? Its so f*cking aggravating. The first part sucks because the walls in the complicated river just pop out of no where and cause the boat to turn around, failing the mission. The second part sucks because you can't even aim with the god-awful sunlight in your face. The boat explodes even when the health is half-full. It's f*cked up. I hate that mission. I love the cut scenes, however.

It certainly helps if you know the course of the mission off by heart, and also choose the correct route. This may take practise, but after a fair slice of it, I'm sure you'll enjoy it and breeze through it. The right course to choose, is to turn left as soon as you hit open water, going under the bridge leading to Washington Beach. That course is far wider, and less aggravating than going straight on. And the large amount of space you have in the water when you make the turn will give you a better opportunity of quickly overtaking the two Speeders, before you get to the trickier section of the course. It's important to watch your speed as well, and slowing down a tad when approaching turns that appear to be sharp/tricky, is the way to go (Providing you were fast enough to evade the four Speeders beforehand). There's a sharp turn towards the end of the course, where you have to go under a bridge, and evade a large Tropic (Outside Mercedes' house). This is where you have to slow down, because you have to keep to the left as you go under the bridge. Failure to do that will result in you hitting the large Tropic, and, on a few occasions, turning around 180°, which obviously would be a major blow, one that can doom your mission attempt to certain failure.

In theory, on the second segment of the mission, the only time your view would be affected by the sunlight is when you are trying to take down the Sparrow. For the remainder of the mission, the sun shouldn't really have a major effect on you. Also, if you are trying to destroy the boats that are giving you chase, don't. Two people are in the boats, but only one of them can affect your boat. He will be stood up shooting at you, and is easier to kill than the one in control of the Speeder. Kill the two shooters in each Speeder, and you don't have to worry about the boats that will still continue to follow you. When the Sparrow arrives, I don't tend to aim for the chopper, but, like what I do with the Speeders, I aim for the gunman trying to shoot me down. He's on the left side of the chopper (from your point of view anyway), and should only take one shot with a manual-aim gun to kill. The peds on the jetty don't do too much damage to your boat, but it does help if you shoot them, or, more importantly, the gas canisters behind them. You only have a split-second to do it, but it does help. The final obstacle in your way is one final Speeder. Again, as before, kill the gunmen instead of the boat driver, and only the gunmen. Be careful with shooting excessively, you could set the Speeder on fire, which will be right at the side of your Squallo, which, as you may know, will inadvertently set your boat on fire and kill you in the process.

I suppose, for this mission, you need to be both good at handling the Squallo in tense conditions, and you need to have a particularly good aim on you.

How about, as well as listing missions you to this day despise, you also list the missions that you used to despise, but have now had a change of heart and love it? For me, that has to be the RC Chopper challenge, located at Escobar int. airport. I used to, quite literally, suck at controlling the RC Chopper, and it took me at least eight or nine minutes to complete the task. Now, after a bit of practise, I have accustomed to the controls of the chopper, and now thrive upon the mission. Nine times out of ten, if I'm near Escobar int. airport, and have a few spare minutes on my hands, I'll go ahead and hop in the Top Fun van and trigger the side-mission. I can't get enough of it!

GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK
  • GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK

Jason Summers

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:20 PM

Phnom Penh '86 and Supply and demand are easy missions for me.......

it took me just two attempts to clear Supply and Demand because you dont have to drive that freaky boat ....

Phnom Penh '86 was like knife in the butter....the one chasing the thief was pretty tough i tried it around 15 times to get to the destination...

The reason was he he shoot down the engine and sets on fire on every vehicle i was using...

I didn't remember the name of the vehicle i used to complete but it was like large open jeep with a rocket booster on the rare....just like the one used by

Pussycat Dolls in Don't Cha....

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK @ Mar 21 2009, 20:20)
I didn't remember the name of the vehicle i used to complete but it was like large open jeep with a rocket booster on the rare....just like the one used by

Pussycat Dolls in Don't Cha....

That sounds like you were in the BF Injection, the way you described it, as well as the location your were in are dead give-aways. I admit, The Chase can be annoying, especially if you get too close to the thief. Since he's got a decent weapon, it's best to stay as far back as possible, which also keeps him in your sight. When I play the mission, I dart by the thief whilst on the roof (by constantly tapping the sprint button), then I hop on the Faggio beside the Dumpster and move out of harms way. Then I follow him, trying to hide behind vehicles in my way. That way he shoots the vehicles instead of me. I find that the thief doesn't hit me at all if I'm on the Faggio. It's thin and nimble, and if you add that to the thief's shocking aim then you're in for an easy ride.

I used to get annoyed at this mission when I first ever played it, mainly because I didn't think at all about what exactly I was going to do. I must have been killed or had my vehicle destroyed while in pursuit a dozen times in a row before realising the errors of my ways. rolleyes.gif

jonny992
  • jonny992

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:46 AM

Demolition sucked, it took me 1 year to get that mission right. i got this game when i was like 11 or 12 i think. i finished it when i was 13 = ] lol

GSFfan
  • GSFfan

­

• Members

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:03 AM

Death Row, spent 5 minutes walking the west coast and when I'm finally a hundred meters from the hospital and about to enter downtown, a cuban drives through the alleyway, kills lance, then completely ignores me, backs up and drives away. that was actually really funny at the time, but then again it was like the second out of eleven failures.

dildo dodo, still stuck on that piece of sh*t. I have all silvers in SA's flight school BUT I CAN'T COMPLETE THIS??????

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:29 AM Edited by flicko, 30 March 2009 - 07:33 AM.

The Guys who give you chase when you are taking Lance to the hospital are not Cubans, they are Diaz's goons. They're a little more deadly and accurate than the Cubans, and wear different clothes.

I too have encountered trouble with Death Row in the past. Back when I first got the game, I was stuck at that very point for what seemed like an eternity. I'm going to blame it on my nerves getting the better of me, especially when Kent Paul tells me what's gone off, I hop in my vehicle and head to the Scrapyard. The adrenaline rush I got was insane! tounge.gif

I don't think there's any particular tips and/or exploits that will make this mission any easier than it was designed, but it definitely helps if you have a fast vehicle, a lot of weaponry, full health & Armour, and it also helps if you know where all Diaz's men are located once inside the Scrapyard. Here's the way I always do it, I can complete this mission with ease now I know all the ropes-

QUOTE (flicko @ GTA:VC storyline mission guide)
As soon as you begin the mission you'll be in a race against time to get to Diaz. So as soon as you begin get straight into your vehicle and drive to the destination. The quickest way I know to get to the destination is by going through starfish island and then through Little Haiti. Once you pull up round the corner and are on the path to the junkyard, as soon as you see gunshots or Diaz's men, bail out of your vehicle. Providing you are going fast enough, the fleeing vehicle will go straight into the vehicle, blocking the entrance to the junkyard, and will kill at least two of Diaz's men. Which can be very beneficial as they drop a couple of Rugers. Now progress into the junkyard, and kill another of Diaz' men just near the entrance, and pick up the weapons dropped.

Once in the junkyard you'll see three more men coming at you, kill them. Just down beside a pile of junk will be another man, which you should kill. Once that's done start heading towards Lance. You'll notice in the distance a dumpster vehicle, in which two of Diaz' men will get out. Try not to blow up the dumpster, as you'll need it for later. Then kill the two men. Now, before you go any further, get into the dumpster then immediately get out and run, so you leave the door open. Now go and head towards Lance. One man will be stood near a green machine to your left, and one man will be on top of a bulldozer, as well as another man who will be on top of the large green machine to your left. He may jump down, he may not, either way kill him, as well as the other two men. And progress again until you get near the entrance to where Lance is being held up.

Two men will be guarding the entrance, so kill them, and one man will be inside the building, so kill him. Now run up to Lance and nudge him. Once back in play ignore the money Diaz's goons have dropped, make sure Lance is following you and get into the dumpster in the junkyard. Now exit the junkyard. Once out about six Comets will come driving up to you. They are Diaz's men, and they're out to get you. Here's a little tip to bide some time; once out of the junkyard, drive forward until you see an opening to the left, drive down it. Diaz's men will not follow you, now as soon as you see a right turn, go down it, and continue driving.

Once you're out of the alleyway, providing you've done it right, you'll be outside the pizza place. Now try your best to get Lance to the hospital as quick as possible, avoiding Diaz's men in the process. Of course they're going to catch you up as they're in one of the fastest vehicles in the game. You'll probably be fine though as the dumpster is extremely strong. Once you get to the hospital Lance will get out, and you'll pass the mission

(Apologies if there are any minor errors, the thing needs a good review)

In total, there are fifteen of Diaz's goons in the Scrapyard. I tend to kill them all because, well because I f*cking love it!! Of course, if you are running low on life, or do not wish to kill them all, the mission is still very passable should you choose not to.

I think the key to successfully completing Dildo Dodo is to practise flying the Sea Skimmer prior to beginning the mission. Rack up a good amount of minutes, and challenge yourself by flying in and around Downtown. The large Skyscrapers are obviously obstacles, so darting by them will only help you to gear up for the mission correctly. If you know the course of the mission of by heart, do that prior to beginning the mission. It will most definitely aid you.

Also, when you do begin the mission, go for the Northernmost blip first, the one in Downtown. Many gamers tend to go for the Southernmost blip first, and while it is still very possible to pass the mission, it wastes a lot of fuel. Going to the northernmost one, then working your way down to the southernmost one is the way to go. Fuel conservation is a must.

GSFfan
  • GSFfan

­

• Members

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:46 AM

ehh, I think they're ethnically Cuban. or at least Diaz is. I think. Nice guide, you might want to mention bringing a BP and DP car like the good ole' admiral.

and unfortunately the skimmer doesn't respawn unless you start the mission again or complete it. so it's approx. a 90 second wait to retry if my plane is grounded (which seems to happen a lot).

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:47 AM

Diaz's gang are Columbian, they do affiliate with the Cubans, and have a distataste to the Haitians. I thought that you assumed the pedestrians who are in control of the Comets during the mission were strictly Cubans. Sorry about that.

And for some strange, obscure reason I assumed that the Skimmer was available before Dildo Dodo. suicidal.gif Why don't you begin the mission, and instead of playing through it, perfect your flying skills? Your fuel won't run out for a long time (five or six minutes), giving you the opportunity to thrive with the Skimmer, and get good with tricky manouvers.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

The Droogs, Finally real rapists on the scene.

• Members

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:51 PM

V.I.P is rather boring. Basically the mission is to pick up someone in Starfish Island in less than one minuite, a member of VC cabs gets there before you, you have to scare the passenger in the VC cabs car and get him to drive with you. I hate missions with a time limit, Shakedown annoyed me when you had to smash all of the shop windows within five minuites.

Riot is a terrible mission, I know its one of the earliest ones but its just very boring punching two or three guys in the face and blowing up three vans. *yawn*

GSFfan
  • GSFfan

­

• Members

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:10 AM

QUOTE (flicko @ Mar 30 2009, 05:47)
Diaz's gang are Columbian, they do affiliate with the Cubans, and have a distataste to the Haitians. I thought that you assumed the pedestrians who are in control of the Comets during the mission were strictly Cubans. Sorry about that.

And for some strange, obscure reason I assumed that the Skimmer was available before Dildo Dodo. suicidal.gif Why don't you begin the mission, and instead of playing through it, perfect your flying skills? Your fuel won't run out for a long time (five or six minutes), giving you the opportunity to thrive with the Skimmer, and get good with tricky manouvers.

no problem. never knew they were colombian though. mad.gif

I'll try that. It's just kind o funny how you if you fail the mission (stand on top of the skimmer for 60 or 30 seconds, whatever it is) you get indefinite fuel. but somehow I get the feeling 5 minutes is enough.

Vercetti2008
  • Vercetti2008

VERCETTI 4EVER & FOR ALWAYS!!!

• Members

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:08 PM

Demolition man was hard for me, again a year of practice, but last year I did it at last, & now I even like this mission.

The driver. I hate Hillary.

Supply & demand. Also hate, but 3 days ago I did it from the 1st attempt.

V.I.P. Complete sh*t. Others are ok.

Dirty lickin's. f*ck it!!! angry.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE (GSFfan @ Mar 31 2009, 05:10)
QUOTE (flicko @ Mar 30 2009, 05:47)

no problem. never knew they were colombian though. mad.gif

I'll try that. It's just kind o funny how you if you fail the mission (stand on top of the skimmer for 60 or 30 seconds, whatever it is) you get indefinite fuel. but somehow I get the feeling 5 minutes is enough.

Heh, I actually never knew that. even though I've been an avid gamer for many years, I'm still learning things about the game as each day passes. I suppose I've never played around to much to know about it. I have a 'Just get on with it' attitude, even though a lot of the time it doesn't do me much good! tounge.gif

If that's the case then (And you have to wait for 20 seconds on top of the plane), then you can easily perform that technique and practise as much as you want. the only downside would be that you would have another 'Mission attempt' stat added, but it'll be worth it in the long run.

GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK
  • GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK

Jason Summers

• Members

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (Vercetti2008 @ Mar 31 2009, 19:08)
Demolition man was hard for me, again a year of practice, but last year I did it at last, & now I even like this mission.

The driver. I hate Hillary.

Supply & demand. Also hate, but 3 days ago I did it from the 1st attempt.

V.I.P. Complete sh*t. Others are ok.

Dirty lickin's. f*ck it!!! angry.gif

You are right about the demolition man...it took me three weeks of continuous hard work to complete it....

and That Hillary i hate the SOB it took me more than six months and lots of help from this great forums members to complete it.

yzzybones
  • yzzybones

/̵͇̿̿/’̿̿ ̿ ̿

• Members

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:26 AM

Me too,i hate Hillary.it took me 1 week to finish the driver but i was so happy when i completed the mission.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:08 AM

Seriously, am I the only one who thrives upon this mission? And loves it so much that I make sure to save my game in a different slot prior to completing it, giving me the chance to re-do it over and over...?!

Thought so. tounge.gif

I don't know what it is about it I enjoy, but I love charging through the streets of Vice City, racing against a sociopath in a superior car, needing to win the race for him to drive me and others as we gear up for a bank heist. It's awesome! I suppose, over the years, I've mastered the mission, and know all the ropes it has to offer. And there's nothing quite like beating your personal best time over and over. It's a shame I haven't done that for months, though.

midwintersong
  • midwintersong

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:58 AM

The Driver. Oh hey, Hilary starts in an awesome car and I get to start in a rust bucket! Wonderful! I only completed it by sheer dumb luck--Hilary spun out in the last corner and I managed to zip past him.

Also, I forgot the name of it (Bombs Away?), but the one RC mission where you have to drop bombs on boats below. RC chopper missions in general suck and this one was just hours of frustration.

Demolition Man is super easy if you just go in to kill the workers first before picking up the first bomb (and thus starting the timer). That way you can take your sweet time getting it done.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE (midwintersong @ Apr 17 2009, 09:58)
Also, I forgot the name of it (Bombs Away?), but the one RC mission where you have to drop bombs on boats below. RC chopper missions in general suck and this one was just hours of frustration.

Yeah, the mission is called Bombs away. It can be very difficult, that is, if you do it the scripted way! wink.gif

I must have posted this tonnes of times over the past few months, but it really is a super-efficient way to wpass the mission. Give it a scan over-

You can complete this mission very easily by exploiting a bug in the game script, as already stated. The Cubans won't actually start shooting until you drop a bomb in their vicinity, or self-destruct near them. So here's the thing; Don't drop a bomb or self-destruct! Fly your plane over to the Cubans on the jetty, land, then continuously run them all over until they are all dead, making sure you don't miss anybody out (There are a couple of them hidden behind objects, so search thoroughly before you assume you've got them all). They will not retaliate, and will simply let you kill them. After all of them are dead, fly onto the Westernmost boat and press the "self destruct" button to blow it up. The boat will set fire, and so will you, but you will have a split second that you can use to your advantage. In that split second, quickly dart over to the middle boat. If you do it quick enough, you will blow up, forcing the middle boat to set on fire as well as the Westernmost one. Now you'll be left with one immobile boat to destroy, and two planes to destroy it with, it's child's play! Ignore the Cuban Hermes, that doesn't have to be destroyed. You'll find this method a lot easier than the scripted way.

smaisey
  • smaisey

• Members

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:33 PM

It's weird, I love the missions that most people hate.
The Driver, Demolition Man & Bombs Away, I love these missions.

The Job is probably my worst mission.
I just hate it, long and boring, too many cut scenes and going back and forth.

Bartleby
  • Bartleby

In Prop Inc, party finds you!

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (smaisey @ Apr 17 2009, 13:33)

I'm more or less the same way; the missions that require you getting acclimated in some way are frustrating at first, but after while you come to appreciate them. I also dislike The Job, but I like The Shootist even less. It's such an easy mission. If 62 is all I need to beat Phil, I'm not so sure he's the best shot in town. whatsthat.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE (Bartleby @ Apr 17 2009, 19:09)

I'm more or less the same way; the missions that require you getting acclimated in some way are frustrating at first, but after while you come to appreciate them. I also dislike The Job, but I like The Shootist even less. It's such an easy mission. If 62 is all I need to beat Phil, I'm not so sure he's the best shot in town. whatsthat.gif

I'm with you both. Judging by how much I've been banging on about the three noted missions, I think by now you'll realise how much I enjoy playing through them, and even go as far as saving my game in a different slot prior to playing one of the missions, so that I can re-play it over and over. They're great.

I also love The Job, & The Shootist for that matter. The Job is somewhat different, and offers a certain slice of variety to the game. The way it was built up to, a la completing missions to get a hold of a few handymen was something I admired as well. The main reason I like the job is because over the years I've mastered exactly how to complete the level, and constantly try to beat my personal best score. It's become impossible for me to complete my current top score as of late, but that hasn't stopped me from re-attempting the mission over and over. colgate.gif

GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK
  • GTA_ULTIMATE_FREAK

Jason Summers

• Members

Posted 09 May 2009 - 03:29 AM

I dunno how some one can like these missions......specially Hillary

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:32 AM

QUOTE (Bartleby @ Apr 17 2009, 19:09)

He's not. He talks a good game but he's not really very good at most things - too much boomshine. He's also not much help when the SWAT break into the bank. I usually have to do all the shooting.

Likewise with the rest of the gang. Hilary is just strange. Why should he only drive for people who can drive better than him? What's the point of that then? You would usually hire a driver because they're a good driver, not because they're not as good a driver as you are.

Cam is the only one who seems to be at all competent. He can at least do what he says he will do.

Steve

Kalev4ever
  • Kalev4ever

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:05 AM

The Job - It was just very frustrating, when I drove the big distance and then Phil or Cam got hit by another car and died. Or when I left the bank and one of the guys was missing. The SWAT was shooting at me and the 1st dude, and when I found the 2nd one, the 1st one was less on health and died.
This is definitley one of the hardest, if not the hardest mission, in the game.

Cop Land - In the beginning I had problems with the SWAT, that keeped rammimg my car. I got owned pretty badly biggrin.gif
But then I realised that the roads are quite "little" and itīs easy for the SWATs to hit my car. So after that I started using Leaf Links - Little Haiti bridge. No big problems with the SWATs there and the 2nd island has the fine wide road also smile.gif

The Driver - unfair race, but still you need good luck in there also.
I also hated Hilary. Strange fatso.

Demolition Man - Biggest problem are the "Pigs". Time wasnīt problem for me.
But still the mission takes time and is kinda boring.

Juju Scramble - Hard mission and you only get $1000 for it! Ohh, how I hate the police! biggrin.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (Kalev4ever @ May 9 2009, 09:05)
The Job - It was just very frustrating, when I drove the big distance and then Phil or Cam got hit by another car and died. Or when I left the bank and one of the guys was missing. The SWAT was shooting at me and the 1st dude, and when I found the 2nd one, the 1st one was less on health and died.
This is definitley one of the hardest, if not the hardest mission, in the game.

Here's a little tip for you, for future reference if you ever decide to re-play the game; immediately after Cam has opened the vault and you are ordered to leave the bank, kill him! Phil is programmed to follow Cam, and if Phil gets killed you will fail the mission; he is the only person required to survive. If he is trailing Cam, his life will be in more jeopardy. Killing Cam will mean that Phil will now be programmed to trail Tommy, and thus stand a better chance of survival.

The Driver - unfair race, but still you need good luck in there also.
I also hated Hilary. Strange fatso.

I've never needed luck to complete this race. I can easily out-muster Hilary in the regular Sentinel, it all takes practise. I'm sure, that the more you play the game, the better driver you will become and you'll soon blitz Hilary by storming the race. icon14.gif

Demolition Man - Biggest problem are the "Pigs". Time wasnīt problem for me.
But still the mission takes time and is kinda boring.

Another tip; if you want to avoid the PIGs whilst your dropping the explosives, take them down before picking up a single bomb! Your rotating blades, when pushed downward will pierce any pedestrian and kill them instantly. Take out all builders and PIGs and you'll have an easy run-in to complete the mission.

Juju Scramble - Hard mission and you only get $1000 for it! Ohh, how I hate the police!

I love Juju Scramble, it's great fun! And it really introduces you to the VCPD if you haven't already encountered them on the game.

Kalev4ever
  • Kalev4ever

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 May 2009 - 03:12 PM

1st of all thanks for the tip about "The Job" about killing Cam. I really havenīt read about it smile.gif

2ndly i was talking about the "Beginnings", when I was quite a beginner and I didnt know the tips. Now I always use the blades to cut the PIGs. Those white-shirted workers arenīt a problem.

In The Driver I still take risks and sometimes then crash into a pole and lose valuable seconds, but still.
If Hilary hits another car or smth like that - itīs luck for you smile.gif

Thanks for the help and tips, flicko! icon14.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:01 PM

No problem buddy, glad to be of assistance.

A lot of folks are unaware of the tip about The Job, it will substantially reduce the risk of Phil being killed, that's for sure.

Yeah, when I first purchased & played through the game, I was utterly diabolical at most missions, and often reverted to needlessly cheating to have fun on the game, avoiding the missions completely. But the more I gamed, the better gamer I became, and now I can complete all missions with ease. I assume this is the case with a lot of members, as well.

Vercetti2008
  • Vercetti2008

VERCETTI 4EVER & FOR ALWAYS!!!

• Members

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:06 PM

And how fast can u pass all missions? how much time u need to pass? smile.gif

NickT
  • NickT

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2009 - 08:54 PM

The Driver, definately. It's the mission I've been stuck on for a while smile.gif

It's not the fact that I'm stuck on it as such though, it's just that it is so stacked against you (He has the better car, if you lose sight of him he apparently drives flawlessly, cops only seem to go for you) that it becomes boringly repetetive.

Also, I don't understand why I'd want him as my getaway driver if I can beat him wink.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (NickT @ May 10 2009, 20:54)
Also, I don't understand why I'd want him as my getaway driver if I can beat him wink.gif

But, you can't beat him! tounge.gif

If you're still struggling to complete the race, I have a few tips for you-

You can actually complete this race in any vehicle you wish to. What you do, is get any vehicle you want (preferably one of the faster in the game; Infernus, Hotring Racer, Comet, Stinger, Banshee, Cheetah, Phoenix or the Deluxo), and then, prior to the mission, park the vehicle you will be using just beside the first intersection along the race-course (somewhere in or around this badly circled area, if you park the car closer to the Malibu Club, it will be gone upon beginning the mission). Make sure upon exit that you leave the car's door open, it is very important that you do that as it will almost guarantee the car to remain when you leave it out of your sight.

Then begin the mission. As soon as you begin, floor it to where your vehicle is located, and when you get to it, quickly swap and continue with the race. With a very fast vehicle, this mission will almost be a breeze, you'll soon catch Hilary up well before the finishing point, and you should easily and simply pass the mission. Here's a couple of thins to take note of, regarding tips-

• Stay on your side of the road; you don't want to clatter into oncoming vehicles, especially Police cars, as they will be targeting you in the first place
  • Watch out for Lampposts/telephone poles; going into one will dramatically slow you down, and it could knock you off balance
  • Although you have a two-star wanted level, the VCPD don't show much, so don't be hesitant that they are closing in on you
  • Try to stay on the road; there are numerous obstacles that will cause you to slow down or change direction, you don't want that do you?!

If you have already given this a go, and still cannot complete the race then the only thing you can really do is practise.

And how fast can u pass all missions? how much time u need to pass?

I haven't yet timed myself in regards to completing the storyline of the game, but I would assume that it would take me around three and a half to four hours. I have timed myself to complete the game 100%, a couple of years ago, and it took me just under eighteen hours. I did make a few mistakes though, so would assume that I would better the score if I ever gave this another go.

NickT
  • NickT

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (flicko @ May 11 2009, 12:21)
QUOTE (NickT @ May 10 2009, 20:54)

But, you can't beat him! tounge.gif

If you're still struggling to complete the race, I have a few tips for you-

You can actually complete this race in any vehicle you wish to. What you do, is get any vehicle you want (preferably one of the faster in the game; Infernus, Hotring Racer, Comet, Stinger, Banshee, Cheetah, Phoenix or the Deluxo), and then, prior to the mission, park the vehicle you will be using just beside the first intersection along the race-course (somewhere in or around this badly circled area, if you park the car closer to the Malibu Club, it will be gone upon beginning the mission). Make sure upon exit that you leave the car's door open, it is very important that you do that as it will almost guarantee the car to remain when you leave it out of your sight.

Then begin the mission. As soon as you begin, floor it to where your vehicle is located, and when you get to it, quickly swap and continue with the race. With a very fast vehicle, this mission will almost be a breeze, you'll soon catch Hilary up well before the finishing point, and you should easily and simply pass the mission. Here's a couple of thins to take note of, regarding tips-
  • Stay on your side of the road; you don't want to clatter into oncoming vehicles, especially Police cars, as they will be targeting you in the first place
  • Watch out for Lampposts/telephone poles; going into one will dramatically slow you down, and it could knock you off balance
  • Although you have a two-star wanted level, the VCPD don't show much, so don't be hesitant that they are closing in on you
  • Try to stay on the road; there are numerous obstacles that will cause you to slow down or change direction, you don't want that do you?!

If you have already given this a go, and still cannot complete the race then the only thing you can really do is practise.

I had heard some of those tips, but not all. And now it's completed. Thanks man (And thanks to the good makers of the Infernus smile.gif ).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users