Photo

The Leone family after GTA III

26 replies to this topic
gtaveteran123
  • gtaveteran123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:01 PM

What do you think happened to the Leone family after the death of Salvatore Leone? What is your imagination? Who do you think succeeded Sal? Joey Leone or Toni Cipriani?

ATK
  • ATK

Drive Slow

• Feroci Racing

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:10 PM

Probably Toni because he seems higher in the ranks, a bit tougher, and older than Joey id assume. Possibly sometime in the future they would retaliate against the yakuza probably join up with the Colombian cartel and whoever thier new leader is to do so...

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:47 AM

I'd say there could have been a fight for power between Joey and Toni, or else Toni would have became don but kept the Leone family name.

The family was still strong a maintained it's power around St. Marks long after the assassination.

igloo
  • igloo

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:11 PM

Spoiler alert? -_-

KGBeast
  • KGBeast

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:43 PM

You're about seven and a half years too late to not want spoilers for this game.

Anyway, I imagine Toni took over, as he was fiercely loyal to Sal, and Joey was never that into crime, he was a mechanic who liked to cause a bit of trouble, but I don't see him wanting power.

Barciur
  • Barciur

Proud PC gamer.

• Members

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:46 AM

Toni with Joey as his consilgiere.

retaliate against the yakuza

Yakuza had no leadership after the game as both Asuka and Kenji got killed..

Bartleby
  • Bartleby

Not Bob Marley

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (KGBeast @ Mar 24 2009, 17:43)
You're about seven and a half years too late to not want spoilers for this game.

Maybe, but there are still people who have yet to complete this game, and it's not that difficult to include spoiler tags in your posts to allow them to enjoy it in full effect.

It's too bad it's never clear what happens to the Leone family. I always figured with all the enemies they had made, the Triads and Cartel for example, they slowly started to wear down and lose influence in the city.

Fine with me though. Less shotguns to contend with driving through the city. monocle.gif

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:35 AM

I added a little note about the spoilers in the topic description. Yes, the game is old, but that doesn't mean there isn't anyone playing it for the first time. FWIW, I only played it for the first time about three years ago, and I've also played a few games recently for the first time that are much older than GTA3.

It's not as serious as, say, untagged spoilers in IV/TLAD but it's still a considerate thing to do IMO.

On topic, Toni seems a logical choice to have succeeded Salvatore. However, it's become pretty much GTA tradition to leave what happens after the last storyline mission to the gamer's imagination...

Novemberboy
  • Novemberboy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:12 PM

I think Joey Leone would have taken over as the Godfather of the Leone Family. Usually it passes from father to son like in the movie The Godfather.

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

The last thing you never see

• Members

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:39 PM

You all have to remember Toni is one of the baddest muthf***s in Liberty. I dobut he would let Sal's punk son run the gang after years of him doing crazy s*** for the Leones like killing dozens of Diabos, destorying the two rival mob gangs by himself that no one esle had been able to destory for 30 years, weaked the yakua ( for a time), destoryed and killed thousands of people in a terrorist attack for retail delevopment, almost fully rigged the Liberty City eleciton for the family, started two family sponsered gangs and won the mayor as his wimping boy. And there's more. After all of that Toni is the new head period.

iDon
  • iDon

The Dark Knight

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:09 AM

Like said, Toni probably became Don. Who knows? Maybe they just left, and it fell apart like in The Godfather Part III.

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (Novemberboy @ Jun 10 2009, 19:12)
I think Joey Leone would have taken over as the Godfather of the Leone Family. Usually it passes from father to son like in the movie The Godfather.

Yeah but the Godfather was a long time ago. These days it usually ain't the son who takes over, instead the most respected and most well liked member of the family.

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (Rucke @ Jun 15 2009, 09:01)

Yeah but the Godfather was a long time ago. These days it usually ain't the son who takes over, instead the most respected and most well liked member of the family.

But was't Godfather III set in recent times, and the Don was kept within the family.

Although in modern times 'Family values' wouldn't be as strong as they used to be, so it is likely a high up boss would have taken over and perhaps left Liberty.

liam.
  • liam.

Non-Stop Pop FM & Mirror Park Radio <3

• Members

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE (lloydo @ Jun 15 2009, 02:51)
QUOTE (Rucke @ Jun 15 2009, 09:01)

But was't Godfather III set in recent times, and the Don was kept within the family.

I think it was set from 1979-1980.

I believe that Toni became the leader; but after a while, the family starts to "dissolve".. If you know what I mean. I don't know why I believe that, I just do.

MAN IN THE DARK
  • MAN IN THE DARK

WHITE

• Members

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:57 AM

[

Bullet_Chris
  • Bullet_Chris

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:01 PM

@MAN IN THE DARK
You are not allowed to post something like that.It will be considered spam and you will get a warning!

SafetyCatch
  • SafetyCatch

• Members

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:07 PM

The Godfather isn't the most best choice to base your answers upon. It's terribly unrealistic.

I imagine that there was much competition after Salvatore was assasinated, it wouldn't nessaserily have to be Toni or Joey gunning for the top either, although they would be the most logical choice.

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:43 PM

I can't see why the Leone family would want to leave Liberty, they were deeply rooted into Portland. Unless all of the bosses were hit.

Donut136
  • Donut136

Vault Dweller

• Members

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:39 PM

I agree by that of toni being the new don
but the major thing im wondering (i know rockstar did this to keep the game somewhat fair (even where ever you go your shot at))the leone family know it was you who killed sal and youd think they would use most of there resources to hunt you down throughout the rest of the game

anyway in terms of who is charge really depended on who sal wanted to take over to that iwould probably say toni since he is his right hand man but that would be because of joey still being fairly young and inexperienced with such a high job to that of which would most likely crumble if joey had taken the role of don

ScratchCard
  • ScratchCard

Arc.

• Members

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (bobgtafan @ Jun 10 2009, 18:39)
You all have to remember Toni is one of the baddest muthf***s in Liberty. I dobut he would let Sal's punk son run the gang after years of him doing crazy s*** for the Leones like killing dozens of Diabos, destorying the two rival mob gangs by himself that no one esle had been able to destory for 30 years, weaked the yakua ( for a time), destoryed and killed thousands of people in a terrorist attack for retail delevopment, almost fully rigged the Liberty City eleciton for the family, started two family sponsered gangs and won the mayor as his wimping boy. And there's more. After all of that Toni is the new head period.

Like?

vidur
  • vidur

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:34 AM

I think that Joey was always underboss but toni got picked ahead of him to be don. But joey still kept his position as underboss. Luigi probably became the caporegime as he is the one that brings lots of the money in from his club. I think the leone family still survive and joey, toni and luigi might have children who in the end would take over the reins. The family also kept most of their contacts, like the mayor, toni's ma- to bring in money from the restaurant. 8-ball would still be used for fighting, and the leone mobsters are very accurate at shooting so they would win most gang wars.

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 05 June 2010 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (vidur @ Jun 5 2010, 08:34)
I think that Joey was always underboss but toni got picked ahead of him to be don. But joey still kept his position as underboss. Luigi probably became the caporegime as he is the one that brings lots of the money in from his club. I think the leone family still survive and joey, toni and luigi might have children who in the end would take over the reins. The family also kept most of their contacts, like the mayor, toni's ma- to bring in money from the restaurant. 8-ball would still be used for fighting, and the leone mobsters are very accurate at shooting so they would win most gang wars.

PLUS ONE.

and then... The Leones brought Rocket Launchers and now are travelling the city with Rocket Launchers which made them undefeatable.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 05 June 2010 - 01:31 PM

I would say realisticly, even though claude was a cold blooded killer, they would hunt him down kill him first, have a little battle with the yakuza who have claudes back, after that, Either Toni Cimpriani or Joey Leone, or whoever was the underboss would take-over, it woudnt crash down, it would just run things differently.

Cheesbaby
  • Cheesbaby

Mayor Adam West

• Members

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:27 PM

tbh I would like the idea that Toni is swiftly made don and after the end of GTA III they hold their ground with the Triads and Diablos. They'd lost alot of ground in chinatown and hepburn hights so before chasing Claude or the Yakuza, it would make sense to re-establish the turf they had lost. I'm sure that Toni wouldn't want to give in to the Triads, not after the trouble they had caused for him. Claude can wait...

The Triads were also gaining influence so I think that the Leones would be past their time and the big players in the city would be the Yakuza, as they tried so hard for so long...

I would think that Claude would either return to San Andreas, become a high ranking Yakuza in Liberty or lay low somewhere with a decent job relaxing...

ClaudeSpeed_ToniLeonefan1
  • ClaudeSpeed_ToniLeonefan1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:37 AM

More than likely it would be Toni because I remember Salvatore saying in LCS "You mean more to me than my son does" or something like that, besides I don't think Joey cares even remotely so I would give it to Toni.

MyDog
  • MyDog

Niko Bellic's my burazer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:21 AM

Michael Corleone wasn't in the family business but yet he was the one to take control of the family. So I'm not really sure.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:07 PM

I think Toni Cipriani is the new Don, but anyway, I think Leone Family started to lose influence, and Yakuza became more powerful.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users