Photo

Is This New

10 replies to this topic
motorforum
  • motorforum

ped crusher

• Members

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:01 PM

It probably isn't, but I've only just finished Derrick's missions and went to see the updated Liberty Tree stories and come across one called 'Urban Myths Run Wild'.

I wasn't here before IV launched, so I don't know if this forum and others were discussing animals, but I thought it was quite cool how it referenced dogs and secret cities, the sort of things I've seen discussed in my time here. I've got TLaD, so I wondered if this story was there from the beginning, or just a new story referencing internet rumours surrounding the game sent over to Niko's story like the new music tracks were?

Here's the story verbatim

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Police officers spoke out yesterday about the incredible spate of urban myths that are damaging the image of Liberty City. The nonstop rumors of dead pop stars, sasquatches, giant alligators, secret cities, invincible criminals and dogs have all been causing wide spread disturbances "in the minds of insane residents", said one spokesman, who was investigating reports a man had his drink spiked and a kidney stolen, which turned out to be spurious. We will stay with this story. In related news, police are investigating claims a whale was seen swimming in Middle Park.

If it isn't new, there's no need for pathetic flaming, I don't read everything on here.

gta 4 gamer
  • gta 4 gamer

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:35 PM

I'd assume that it's not new and many know that there are random news which sometimes can be funny posted on the in game internet. I would say you're the first one that posted it in here though.

NikoNikoBellicBellic
  • NikoNikoBellicBellic

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:09 AM

QUOTE (motorforum @ Mar 17 2009, 18:01)
It probably isn't, but I've only just finished Derrick's missions and went to see the updated Liberty Tree stories and come across one called 'Urban Myths Run Wild'.

I wasn't here before IV launched, so I don't know if this forum and others were discussing animals, but I thought it was quite cool how it referenced dogs and secret cities, the sort of things I've seen discussed in my time here. I've got TLaD, so I wondered if this story was there from the beginning, or just a new story referencing internet rumours surrounding the game sent over to Niko's story like the new music tracks were?

Here's the story verbatim

Police officers spoke out yesterday about the incredible spate of urban myths that are damaging the image of Liberty City. The nonstop rumors of dead pop stars, sasquatches, giant alligators, secret cities, invincible criminals and dogs have all been causing wide spread disturbances "in the minds of insane residents", said one spokesman, who was investigating reports a man had his drink spiked and a kidney stolen, which turned out to be spurious. We will stay with this story. In related news, police are investigating claims a whale was seen swimming in Middle Park.

If it isn't new, there's no need for pathetic flaming, I don't read everything on here.

its not new, its just a poke at all the people who thought there was a hidden city in SA and that there were dogs in SA too. When they say invincible criminals, it was a reference to the leatherface rumor that people came up with.
they are just making fun of the fans biggrin.gif

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:25 PM

ZOMG!11 anyone seen that whale swimming in Middle Park yet? If you go in its mouth there is a flamethrower and a new bike.

Yeah I lol'd when I first saw that news story.

MrGtaman
  • MrGtaman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:44 PM

Yep, the ingame internet is so funny lol.gif

Fockstrot
  • Fockstrot

the bee's knees

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:10 PM

im sure the invincible criminals being referred to are johnny and niko. falling hundreds of feet into concrete only to wake up 6 hours later?

CJ_4_LIFE
  • CJ_4_LIFE

Once upon a time there was a tavern.......

• Members

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:05 AM

Is ratman not mentioned on there?

cggc93
  • cggc93

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE (CJ_4_LIFE @ Mar 19 2009, 00:05)
Is ratman not mentioned on there?

Maybe that would shut the f*ck up all those damn fanboys.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:34 AM

Invincible criminals I believe might refer to the protagonists of GTA games or the Pay'N'Spray glitch in GTA SA where you can make a ped. invincible. The sasquatch is for surely GTA SA.

The Horror Is Alive
  • The Horror Is Alive

Monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane.

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:31 PM

Great stuff biggrin.gif Rockstar finally touched base with us on the myths. Maybe they'll include a Bigfoot in a later game, just for a joke tounge.gif

numdmind
  • numdmind

numdmind

• Members

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Mar 18 2009, 23:34)
Invincible criminals I believe might refer to the protagonists of GTA games or the Pay'N'Spray glitch in GTA SA where you can make a ped. invincible. The sasquatch is for surely GTA SA.

I remember some rumors saying that there was one invincible ped in San Andreas. There was also, of course, the Leatherface rumors.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users