• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:28 PM

Blue Flowery shirts.

fed-B
  • fed-B

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:17 PM

VC was funnier and had a better replay value.
It had also Ray Liotta that i think was the best acting in a video game so far biggrin.gif

LethalCrizzle
  • LethalCrizzle

Lethal Crizzle

• Members

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (Laufas @ Mar 17 2009, 14:11)
QUOTE (Pr0xy_fl00d3r @ Mar 17 2009, 14:05)
Taxi missions were awesome throughout the III era, why couldn't they continue to do them even after Roman gets a new depot? bullsh*t.

There are taxi missions in IV.. You do them for Roman.

no becuase later on in the game you cant drive taxis fo him no more.... and i would liek to see ambelance missions and also ice cream vans that we can acctualy sell ice cream.

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:45 PM

On the other hand, GTA IV was just a depressing story. I don't care if it was supposed to be "realistic." I play games to escape reality. I play games to be a completely different character. GTA IV didn't have that. The ending of GTA is so disappointing, that you pretty much find out that you end the game just they way you started it. Either your brother or girlfriend dies; and you gain no reward from it. There's almost nothing to do after completing the game. Sure, you meet up a lot of friends but they're all useless and annoying. Oh, shoot 200 f*cking hard-to-find pigeons across the city for a lame chopper? How fun is that when I can simply drive to the PD and get the Annihlator myself? I felt I was still a limited person after completing GTA IV. Unlike VC, or SA; I felt successful.

Right there man. I don't give a sh*t how realistic it is- it gets really boring fast.

thales100
  • thales100

TripleHeader

• Members

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:53 PM

What did VC have that IV didn't? 2001 GFX quality. biggrin.gif

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Legendary

• Members

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:59 AM

VC will always be the love of my GTA collection. inlove.gif It has a charm and ambience that all GTA preceeding it have failed to recreate.

damian001
  • damian001

Vice City fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (chapapote @ Mar 19 2009, 05:26)
QUOTE (damian001 @ Mar 19 2009, 09:29)
Either your brother or girlfriend dies

Brother? Roman is Niko's cousin.

Brother/Cousin whatever. The main point of my post was that the story did not live up to VC's.

[BigDog]
  • [BigDog]

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:29 PM

IV sucks.All GTA 3 era games are better.So, you wanna know why?You wanna know what they have, that IV doesn`t have?

The answer is simple.FUN wink.gif

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (damian001 @ Mar 20 2009, 13:13)

Brother/Cousin whatever. The main point of my post was that the story did not live up to VC's.

Apparently you haven't paid near enough attention to the story to pass any sort of judgement. rolleyes.gif

[BigDog]
  • [BigDog]

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (Azazel @ Mar 20 2009, 17:52)
QUOTE (damian001 @ Mar 20 2009, 13:13)

Apparently you haven't paid near enough attention to the story to pass any sort of judgement. rolleyes.gif

I agree, plus IV`s story is much more realistic.

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 20 March 2009 - 07:54 PM

I agree, plus IV`s story is much more realistic.

And boring yawn.gif

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:00 PM

Realistic is one of the worst reasons ever. GTA is a freaking video game, why should the game be more "realistic". GTA is made to get away from real life and have fun while shooting around and killing people.

Besides, didn't damian001 say that the IV story was boring, and who cares if it's realistic? That's his words, so mentioning that very same thing again is not a smart move.

Foliage
  • Foliage

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:58 PM

GTA IV's not bad, but it's not good, at all. It doesn't feel like it knows what it wants to be. SA was f*cking flawed but it had enough redeeming features that it pulled you in and made you turn on the game, even if you just turned it off in a couple of minutes because you were sick of the orange sunset. VC - I'd be biased to try to put it together with IV.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:01 PM

You do realize that some people actually do like realism? Believe it or not there are some of us that find the realism fun. confused.gif

GTA is a video game, but it's up to the individual what they consider fun.

TT1987
  • TT1987

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:27 PM

The original GTA was built on realism and it had no story at all. And I still loved it.

Sergi
  • Sergi

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (TT1987 @ Mar 20 2009, 21:27)
The original GTA was built on realism and it had no story at all. And I still loved it.

LOL are you on crack? You seriously thought that GTA was realistic? The 1st 4 GTAs (GTA, GTA London 1961, GTA London 1969 and GTA 2) are easily the most arcade and unrealistic GTAs ever.

TT1987
  • TT1987

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:03 AM

If you find GTA IV so realistic I wonder what you'd say if Niko was killed with only one shot, instantly got burned to death or if you weren't able to repeat a mission after you failed it.

So yes I think GTA was realistic, GTA IV isn't.

It is more realistic than San Andreas I'll give you that, but SA had jetpacks and plane to plane jumping that even James Bond would find corney.

I would have liked to like San Andreas but I couldn't (after Los Santos) because it wasn't the GTA I had been used to.
If it had been my first GTA I'd probably be posting about how realistic and bad GTA IV is just like you.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:14 AM

What my definition of realism is, it's unnecessary and annoying "features" that copy real life things. Such as falling off a bike pretty much getting you killed (if not, then nearly all your health is gone). Niko takes more damage if his head hits a wall or something and you can get a wanted level any moment for any crime you've done even when you have left the area which is annoying too.

That's what I have meant. San Andreas did also have a few realistic features such as cops shooting at CJ if you had one wanted star and had drawn a weapon. Or if cars crashed to cop cars they would chase the civilian.

Sergi
  • Sergi

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (TT1987 @ Mar 21 2009, 00:03)
If you find GTA IV so realistic I wonder what you'd say if Niko was killed with only one shot, instantly got burned to death or if you weren't able to repeat a mission after you failed it.

So yes I think GTA was realistic, GTA IV isn't.

It is more realistic than San Andreas I'll give you that, but SA had jetpacks and plane to plane jumping that even James Bond would find corney.

I would have liked to like San Andreas but I couldn't (after Los Santos) because it wasn't the GTA I had been used to.
If it had been my first GTA I'd probably be posting about how realistic and bad GTA IV is just like you.

lol are you aiming that at me? Because if you have you obviously haven't read any of my post on the matter.

But you easily just gave the dumbest f*cking reason I have ever heard for disliking SA. So you're honestly saying outside of LS you disliked SA because it wasn't the GTA you are used to? Lol that was stupid. So what was so un GTA about SA? Please explain. Also besides infiltrating Area 53 to steal a jetpack and jumping off a plane what was just so out there in SA? San Fiero all had straight forward missions and Las Venturas did also. The more zany missions in SA were during the Badlands and Desert parts.

PhilipO43
  • PhilipO43

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:42 AM

For me IV's core elements were so much improved upon(physics/animations/npc's/driving/cover system/graphics..ect) and it's storyline was the most powerful of the series.

Now i love IV, in fact i bought both versions at launch and finished both at or near 100% (the 360 was 100% but i could not stomach looking for the 200 flying rats b.s. once again on the PS3 version), and i love some of the new ideas bought into the series such as random characters(even if you don't like IV, you have to admit Eddie Low is one of the best characters in the series) and integrating the storyline from the game to the radio to the ticker at Star Junction to LC's web site.

However, it felt like it was rushed out a bit to be honest here, as there were many things left out that Rockstar never did in the past. And while IV is more realistic then say SA, you can have realism and fun in the same game, you just need to balance it right.

Here's a few things i just was perplexed that Rockstar left out:

-Niko winds up with anywhere from 500K to over a million at the end of the storyline, and yet he has no reason to spend it anywhere? Even if they added in apt's to buy(like Playboy's) or here's another example, maybe Niko could buy Roman back a Taxi cab company to repay him?

Or what about setting up Dwayne in a new Apt?

But there was nothing, which is mindboggling going after VC and SA.

I'm not saying Niko can take over LC..which is far fetched, but the option to buy over at least a few high rises would have made sense and added more replay value.

-The mission structure was very boring and predictable, and the few elements that they should have used more(like hanging on to the top of a truck), they just teased you with once. (TLAD had better missions, imho)

Not many realize that if you just killed the 'enemies' and no peds, your still looking at over 700 killed by the end of the game, compared to less then half from VC/SA. And the reason is because those games had missions were there was more variety with less killing(sometimes no killing) and it was not the same old, go to one destination and kill X amount of enemies.

Given the potential with the new physics engine, IV easily had the worse mission variety in the series.

Thankfully, TLAD adds in parellel storyline missions to really add in more depth to the main story.

-I don't care about no planes, or no paracutes, or no jetpacks..ect, i could care less about these no being in IV, but to not have the things opened up like the 'fun fair'(as Niko would say) or the min. golf area..ect, it like a major tease of "here is what is possible, but you cannot use any of it"

Imagine Niko being able to bring a date to the 'fun fair', or heck imagine getting drunk with Brucie riding the rollar coaster, how wild would that be?

They could have added in mini-druck games, like riding the coaster and not throwing up, or brawl fights in bars..ect

But please NOT darts or bowling, over and over and over. And i love pool, but even in real life you can shoot the sh*t with friends playing a game, but not in IV.

The potential was there, the frinds were there, if you going to play darts, give the option to be druck doing so, and have the ability to speak with frinds while doing so.

Just give these activities, which are boring enough, some juice.

Even the only arcade game in the story is boring as heck.

One more thing, if your going to have you watch Niko watch tv, can we make it somewhat more interesting, please? They could have added tv reporters after a mission on tv, at the place Niko just was at..just add in something more interesting.

And the comedy clubs needed work as well, from the entertainers to not being able to heckle them or interact with them in some way.

I love the idea of the game's direction being more realistic, but even boring activites could have been alot more fun to do so.

And having one choice at a burger shop, after there was i believe 5 in SA, agin shows how Rockstar downgraded many past features.

-The radio..as in rock-metal was awful, and thankfully TLAD saved this aspect, because in VC)and a lesser degree SA) the music added so much to the atmosphere.

Here's what i'm getting at overall, i love GTA:IV's direction and how the stryline is parallel in TLAD, and the random characters and how the radio-ticker-net are all integrated, and all the core elements are much improved on..ect

And i understand the size of LC had to be donwgraded from SA because there is far more detail and the storage capacity of the X360 and many pc's is still only 9 Gig's on a DVD-9.

But the game felt like it was rushed out early, or Rockstar held back for future DLC's(multi platform?), because you just don't tease the gamer who spent hundreds of hrs playing SA, where you threw in the kitchen sink and more, and then do an about face and give very little do, to where your searching for anything to do once the storyline ends.

That part of it makes no sense, it's as if the game was rushed out or Rockstar held back for future DLC's.

Having said this, as i said IV(imho) has it's faults, but the core elements are now in place for something really epic in the next installment or future DLC's.

And i'm saying this while i still believe GTA:IV was one of the best games ever done..heck the whole series is untouchable in my eyes by other clones(like the garbage of Saints Row 2), it's just there are so many teases over and over, to where this game could have been the epic GTA.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 21 March 2009 - 06:31 AM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Mar 21 2009, 11:14)
That's what I have meant. San Andreas did also have a few realistic features such as cops shooting at CJ if you had one wanted star and had drawn a weapon. Or if cars crashed to cop cars they would chase the civilian.

Don't forget if CJ doesn't eat for a while he can potentially die, and if he doesn't work out he loses stamina, muscle, fat etc.

Actually it's funny that people say the realism ruins IV, and yet SA had more realism relevant to the player. At times CJ was almost a Tomagotchi. confused.gif

R* done everyone a favor by removing those elements in IV, and people still whine about the realism.

damian001
  • damian001

Vice City fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2009 - 09:02 AM

When I refer to realism, I'm talking about not being able to hi-jack a tank, get the military to chase you, or to own a quarter of the whole city.

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 09:53 AM

It seems that realism is becoming a tedious problem for some GTA fans. I agree eating at cluckin bell to survive is over the top but getting haircuts? tatoos? gyms? You can also go to bars in SA which is a nice touch.
If you think about it, SA had more realistic new features than IV.

Although I do enjoy getting drunk and trying to drive home in IV, and going to a comedy club (even though they aren't funny)

TT1987
  • TT1987

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE (Sergi @ Mar 21 2009, 03:01)
So you're honestly saying outside of LS you disliked SA because it wasn't the GTA you are used to? Lol that was stupid.

First of I didn't say I only liked L Santos. And I can't see why it was so stupid. But I can see why you say that.

Badlands and Desert parts.

That's one of the reasons it's not like the other GTAs. I'm not saying the woods and the desert were that bad but it was the first time a GTA had those. It lost the urban atmosphere.

But it really is pointless to argue because everything I say is f*cking pointless to you and makes you lol.
Everyone could say that about the other's reasons. It's called different opinions. Some people can argue like grown ups though.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:26 AM Edited by Flesh-n-Bone, 21 March 2009 - 10:29 AM.

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Mar 21 2009, 07:31)
Don't forget if CJ doesn't eat for a while he can potentially die, and if he doesn't work out he loses stamina, muscle, fat etc.

Actually it's funny that people say the realism ruins IV, and yet SA had more realism relevant to the player. At times CJ was almost a Tomagotchi. confused.gif

R* done everyone a favor by removing those elements in IV, and people still whine about the realism.

Well, I never said I liked the fact you have to eat sometimes to stay in good condition in SA. Gyms were awesome, but muscles and fat were optional. You could make yourself skinny as f*ck or even a fat motherf*cker. That was fun, but really... it takes sooo long to lose muscle (you have run X amount of minutes all put together to lose a bit of it). And eating is not a problem once you work out a little and become the strong unbeatable master CJ becomes in the game. I for one have never been tasked to eat in my main SA save (100%) ever since I got to badlands. Working out is not needed everyday, you just do it once or twice and no longer needed...

Besides, these 'realistic features' are optional. In IV you HAVE to live with them, such as the one I said about Niko losing more health if his head hits the ground or walls and even poles. THAT is something I DON'T want, in SA the realistic features were all optional, in IV they are features that you must live with.

And while SA had these features that are realistic, it didn't stay away from the "fun style" all it's GTA3-era counterparts had. It had as much replay value and even more than them all.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:35 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 21 March 2009 - 11:40 AM.

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Mar 21 2009, 21:26)
Besides, these 'realistic features' are optional. In IV you HAVE to live with them, such as the one I said about Niko losing more health if his head hits the ground or walls and even poles. THAT is something I DON'T want, in SA the realistic features were all optional, in IV they are features that you must live with.

Niko losing more health by hitting his head on something isn't what I would call a "feature". It's just something that happens, and I really don't see the issue. Infact I think it's awesome how he loses health alot quicker. It makes shootouts/fights more fun, because it adds another challenge.

Whatever though. I guess everyone's different, but I really hate the "Realism is for real life" debate. Personally I've always wanted a more realistic GTA, and honestly some people over exaggerate when it comes to the realism in IV. It's not like R* made it so Niko dies from a heartattack, or his bowels explode if he doesn't take a sh*t. The realism enhances the core gameplay I think.

Like I said everyone's different. Some like realism, some don't.

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:59 AM

Something in the middle of SA and IV would be perfect. Although I have no problem with getting fat or dying from a bike accident it is a little tedious.
I love trying to get CJ buff in the game, as it is quick and is easy. Then making him fat is great fun. happy.gif

Sergi
  • Sergi

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Mar 21 2009, 06:31)
QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Mar 21 2009, 11:14)

Who says they did anyone a favor by removing those features? You? That's your personal opinion but alot of people enjoyed those elrments. Not to mention that "if Cj doesn't eat he'll die" sh*t that I've never seen once and I would go days without eating. All you have to do is save the game every once in a while and you never have to eat. Plus those elements in SA were praised by critics and they added depth to the game. Eating was a easier way to get health continously instead of having to search for Hearts. Working out was ways for you to become stronger, faster, and have more stamina and health which helped the player out. Those elements were elements that actually worked.

kimr120
  • kimr120

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:58 PM

gta iv miss much fun things as basketball fire mission and airplanes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users