Photo

Liberty City Mafia Families..

70 replies to this topic
G#O$TR!D3R - 133457
  • G#O$TR!D3R - 133457

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 April 2010 - 04:57 PM

Will you idiot's s'top putting unneces'sarry apostrophe's at the end of every f*cking name? Learn your native language.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (G#O$TR!D3R - 133457 @ Apr 3 2010, 16:57)
Will you idiot's s'top putting unneces'sarry apostrophe's at the end of every f*cking name? Learn your native language.

Whatever do you mean?

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:37 AM

I'm gonna bump this topic one more time to gather some more interpretations and then let it die.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:55 AM

This is a pretty good topic, lots of good info here. It's gonna help with the fanfic I'm working on, so thanks icon14.gif

Pac.
  • Pac.

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:46 PM

I will help you hear, i liked the Mafia in GTA, because it gave me a real feel of organized crime and what happens in the real world, anyways, back to business, i think its as folows...

Ancelotti's = Colombo's : Reason being it is mentioned by Gerald and is a fact they are the weakest of the Commission, in real life Colombo's are the weakest.

Gambetti = Gambino's : Reason being it's name is similar, it is one of the most powerfull families as once you complete the game, Gravelli dies and on the news article it sais the Gambetti's were in compitetion with the Pavano's in Power and probably size, which leads on to the next family

Pavano = Genovese's : reason being is what i mentioned above, in real life today, Genovese's and Gambino's are still the leading families and in terms of power the genovese's seem to be leading, but size they are roughly the same according to my quick research.

Lupisella = Luchese's : My only reason here is because of Names, Luchese..Lupisella but that's it, not a good reason. Then that leaving the Messina's as the only family left as the Bonnano's, Bonanno's are more powerfull in real life than luchese's, thus why we never even encounter the Luchese's in gameplay.

Pegorino's are Decavalcante just like HBO series Soprano's, the weakest and smallest family operating probably today. I think my first three conclusions are very good though, the other two not too sure.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (Pac. @ Aug 27 2010, 19:46)
I will help you hear, i liked the Mafia in GTA, because it gave me a real feel of organized crime and what happens in the real world, anyways, back to business, i think its as folows...

Ancelotti's = Colombo's : Reason being it is mentioned by Gerald and is a fact they are the weakest of the Commission, in real life Colombo's are the weakest.

Gambetti = Gambino's : Reason being it's name is similar, it is one of the most powerfull families as once you complete the game, Gravelli dies and on the news article it sais the Gambetti's were in compitetion with the Pavano's in Power and probably size, which leads on to the next family

Pavano = Genovese's : reason being is what i mentioned above, in real life today, Genovese's and Gambino's are still the leading families and in terms of power the genovese's seem to be leading, but size they are roughly the same according to my quick research.

Lupisella = Luchese's : My only reason here is because of Names, Luchese..Lupisella but that's it, not a good reason. Then that leaving the Messina's as the only family left as the Bonnano's, Bonanno's are more powerfull in real life than luchese's, thus why we never even encounter the Luchese's in gameplay.

Pegorino's are Decavalcante just like HBO series Soprano's, the weakest and smallest family operating probably today. I think my first three conclusions are very good though, the other two not too sure.

Thanks for the input man but that's all been mentioned before confused.gif

Tyler
  • Tyler

omnia vincit amor

• None
  • Best Poem 2014
    Best Story 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 30 October 2010 - 06:05 AM

Haha, I love this man. Another great topic MOB, and I gotta say, this one is my favourite. I actually started looking into my old home of Astoria, and I was checking out some Mafia connections in Queens. Anyway, if you wanted a slightly different view on the mob comparison, here's a Wikipedia paragraph.
QUOTE ( Wikipedia)

The Grand Theft Auto video game series represents many of the Five Families in the game with the Leone, Sindacco, and Forelli families. In addition, Grand Theft Auto IV features the Five Families ruling body called "The Commission", consisting of the Messina (Bonnano), Ancelotti (Colombo), Gambetti (Gambino), Pavano (Genovese) and Lupisella (Lucchese) families, with the smaller Alderney (New Jersey) Pegorino family (DeCavalcante) trying to become a sixth entity.

I didn't check if you said it, but Gambetti operate Manhattan Island (Obviously) and Bonnano were ruling Queens and Brooklyn. Anyway, keep up the good work on all the documenting of the Cosa Nostra .

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:46 AM

I've created a concept topic based on the Five Families in Liberty City. It's still in the early stages but I plan to add alot more to it in the coming days and weeks. Here's a link for anyone who wants to check it out: http://www.gtaforums...pic=461313&st=0

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:07 PM

Wow, M.O.B, you are great at making these topics. Have a cookie.gif

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:15 PM

Hi very good topic alien.gif

Scotty420
  • Scotty420

The Lost One

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:07 PM Edited by Scotty420, 09 November 2017 - 05:09 PM.

I am too f*ckin late, but I am really interested in your creativity and love how much you put effort in writing the whole references about the Italian-American Mafia history from GTA IV based on the real life Commission. 

EDIT: I am also sorry for bumping an seven years old topic like this, but to be honest, I really love this and respect Money Over Bitches about this since I realized we share much the same interests and personalities, even more about the history of The Commission from GTA IV based on the real life Mafia Commission history.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users