Quantcast

» «
Photo

[Spoilers] Was it sad to kill...

95 replies to this topic

Poll: Did you felt something bothering you when you had to kill Salvatore in "Sayonara Salvatore" (324 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you felt something bothering you when you had to kill Salvatore in "Sayonara Salvatore"

1. Yes, Because I played Lcs first then any other gta (24 votes [8.22%])

Percentage of vote: 8.22%

2. Yes, because i like working with the mafia (77 votes [26.37%])

Percentage of vote: 26.37%

3. Yes, because he had a badass gang (13 votes [4.45%])

Percentage of vote: 4.45%

4. No, Because he sucked, (15 votes [5.14%])

Percentage of vote: 5.14%

5. No because he betrayed me (105 votes [35.96%])

Percentage of vote: 35.96%

6. No because he deserved it (58 votes [19.86%])

Percentage of vote: 19.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

Yes... I sort of developed a sympathy for that guy. I played GTA San Andreas before, and I always felt sorry for him being betrayed just like that by Carl. Even more so, I felt deep remorse when I had to kill him.

While ruthless and cold to outsiders, especially after Carl's betrayal, he treated his insiders with warmth and respect (except for Maria). Plus, Frank Vincent's voice was a perfect match for this character.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Sunday, Mar 31 2013, 10:51)
Yes... I sort of developed a sympathy for that guy. I played GTA San Andreas before, and I always felt sorry for him being betrayed just like that by Carl. Even more so, I felt deep remorse when I had to kill him.

While ruthless and cold to outsiders, especially after Carl's betrayal, he treated his insiders with warmth and respect (except for Maria). Plus, Frank Vincent's voice was a perfect match for this character.

You see, I played GTA III first and at the time didn't care when I killed him but then after I played LCS and San Andreas I started to feel sorry for him and regretted his murder

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

Well, with Toni having such a close relationship with Salvatore in LCS, it was kinda sad to kill him. Not heartbreaking, though.

zmudziak32
  • zmudziak32

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

It's sad to kill him. I like Leones and their tuned Sentinel. Because of stupid Maria, Sal wants your death. In Last Requests she told that love Cluade more than him, so Sal paid 8-ball to rig the car. I want see GTA III with changed story with making aliance with Sal and Mafia than with Asuka, Kenji and Yakuza.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Saturday, Mar 30 2013, 18:14)
"Entry added to log on Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 10:34 Reminder You've replied to a couple topics that are from 2005, those topics that are 7 years old! Check how old a topic is before you reply to it."

Why do I get warned for bumping old topics, but yet no one else does?

Because Sadly, Moderators do not care for GTA III section bumping anymore.

QUOTE (Girish)
Bumping rules are kind of relaxed in forums that are relatively dead in activity.

Either way, GTA III topics have been bumped quite a lot recently
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@DropThaSystem - No murder is heartbreaking, THIS IS GTA! biggrin.gif

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

He betrayed Claude. And backstabbing is a very bad thing. devil.gif

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (H.I.M. @ Monday, Apr 1 2013, 13:41)
He betrayed Claude. And backstabbing is a very bad thing. devil.gif

This is why I didn't feel bad killing him, but it's kinda sad once you play LCS. In LCS, Toni and Sal had a very close relationship.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Monday, Apr 1 2013, 20:38)
This is why I didn't feel bad killing him, but it's kinda sad once you play LCS. In LCS, Toni and Sal had a very close relationship.

Plus, it's a relationship that stays undisturbed throughout the game... And you get to know Salvatore Leone's personality on a whole new level. While III and SA had him just as a simple Mafia boss, in LCS he is a center character with his ups and downs, and with his own problems.

Eminence E.
  • Eminence E.

Invincible

• Members

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

No, because he deserved it. devil.gif

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (Gamelord @ Wednesday, Apr 10 2013, 15:03)
No, because he deserved it. devil.gif

I can't deny that, but it was sad nevertheless. sad.gif He was such iconic character, Liberty city without him isn't Liberty city anymore.

JamalG
  • JamalG

King Jamal

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

when i first played GTA III was in like 2004 and yeah - i loved working for Leone Family and if i could, i wouldnt had Salvatore killed (another reason why i love GTA IV - u can choose these type of things).

clearly SA and LCS made me like the character even more and i guess its the main reason why i prefer LCS over III - i finally had the chance to work with Leones from start to finish as i dreamed of when first playing III

Linc.
  • Linc.

Seeking and Destroying since 1997...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

I was definitely saddened! He is my favourite video game character of all time. The only reason he betrayed Claude was because he though Claude would betray him just like CJ did in 1992! He did what he had to do to survive and keep his mafia running! It is not Salvatore's fault all of this happened, if you trace it back far enough you could go as far as saying it was CJ's fault these events happened.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:02 AM

I was very sad. I loved him in LCS, loved how he was like Toni's father or role model.

Mr Ginge
  • Mr Ginge

Ginger Skullpion

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

The old fool had to go, no body backstabs Claude.

markusizr
  • markusizr

:D

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

sad that old man is died but i wish he was on gta 4 sad.gif

TurdsFTW
  • TurdsFTW

Mikhail Faustin's Gyneocologist

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:29 AM

Park a large truck in front of the Luigi's Club alleyway.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (Mr Ginge @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 15:46)
The old fool had to go, no body backstabs Claude.

While I agree with what you are saying, I don't think that it was a good enough reason to kill Salvatore. He was a very iconic figure in all of the games he appeared in. Shame he had to die.

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:07 AM

No. I provided him big scores, I wiped out his enemies, I soldified his control of Portland. And he wants to kill me because he thinks I'm fooling around with a wife he doesn't even like? F*ck him.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:45 PM Edited by GTAKid667, 09 January 2014 - 04:45 PM.

No. I provided him big scores, I wiped out his enemies, I soldified his control of Portland. And he wants to kill me because he thinks I'm fooling around with a wife he doesn't even like? F*ck him.

Well I'm sure you'd be pissed off if your wife told you she and somebody else were an 'item' whether you like her or not - If anything, it would give you a reason to hate her more.

I'll stick by the decision I made before, it was sad for such an iconic figure to die, especially so early in the game.

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:12 AM

There's a line between "being pissed" and "murdering someone".

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

Depends on your personal view - There will be people who will want to get revenge for this kind of action. Salvatore obviously thought that Claude was backstabbing him after the Leone's helped Claude get work/money after being betrayed by Catalina and luckily escaping.

Grosso2626
  • Grosso2626

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:37 AM

Yeah, once you cut your ties with the Mafia it's just not the same. Staunton had some great missions, but the Toni and Salvatore ones were my favorites. 

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:24 PM

Depends on your personal view

That's a poor argument. Salvatore backstabbed Claude more than Claude backstabbed Salvatore even if it was true. As I said, Sal doesn't even like Maria.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:42 PM

Depends on your personal view

That's a poor argument. Salvatore backstabbed Claude more than Claude backstabbed Salvatore even if it was true. As I said, Sal doesn't even like Maria.

In which ways did Salvatore backstab Claude more than Claude backstabbing Salvatore?

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

How much money do you think the mafia gained from Claude's actions? The Fuzz ball, the securicar robbery, Joey's bank job? When the Triads started a war, who wiped them out? Claude. Who destroyed the Cartel's main base in Portland? Claude. Claude's actions put the Mafia on top in Portland. Sticking with him could've made them the most powerful gang in Liberty. But he allegedly messes with the old man's trophy wife? **** all that, he's got to go.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:07 PM

Yes, they gained the money - They most likely wanted to get rid of Claude before Claude gets rid of them.

Either way, I understand your viewpoint :^:

• AustinN likes this

AustinN
  • AustinN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:37 PM

Well, I apperciate that.

• GTAKid667 likes this

Lacuna
  • Lacuna

Have you read the manual for this thing?

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:32 PM

As much as I liked the guy, no one blows me up and gets away with it (I wasn't paying attention when Maria paged me the first time round). 

My assassination attempt was an utter mess. I parked down the street from the subway a couple of blocks away with the intent of performing a quick drive by as he approached the traffic lights. Unfortunately a couple of pedestrian cars stopped in front of him at the traffic lights, blocking my gunfire. So I tore out from my hiding place firing wildly, Salvatore tried to drive off but somehow flipped his car, giving him no option but to crawl out and face me on foot. 

Sal's car exploded right behind him, somehow he survived. It took running him over three times + some gunfire before he died. I've no idea how my taxi stood up to Sal's shotgun blasts, the mafia's gunfire and multiple collisions without bursting into flames.  I still can't believe I managed to get through that chaos alive. 

MMC_BITW
  • MMC_BITW

Nobody Interesting

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

The fool deserved to die. Every backstabber deserves to get punished eventually.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

._.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:36 PM

He deserves to die. I enjoyed that mission where you kill him. Yakuza 4 life, Leone's 4 death  :devil:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users