» «
Photo

Black Pony Packer method

25 replies to this topic
Zizka417
  • Zizka417

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:07 AM Edited by Zizka417, 16 March 2009 - 07:20 PM.

EDIT: I actually got it. Now my problem has switched to getting the black Sentinel in "Hit the Courier." I may get this soon, but I still want to hear a sure-fire way, because I'm having trouble sniping the driver.

EDIT 2: See my third post, fourth post in this thread including this one

EDIT (CONTINUED): I apologize flicko.

Eh, I'm not having a good time getting all the rare vehicles if that's what you mean by hell of a time. I am in hell though. In fact, I think I may even hate this game now.

I did not retreive Ricardo's Admiral, forgot about it, am making a second profile, and I just flat out can't get the black Sanchez because I have the PC version. The Black Washington I just gave up on, and the Love Fist limo respawns, so I didn't count it as a rare vehicle.

However, I do have the:

Spand Express
Romero's Hearse
Black Voodoo
Black Bobcat
Black Pony
Black Admiral
Black Sentinel
Silver PCJ600

I am going to do Martha's Mugshot later, as of now I'm trying to get the FP/DP/EP Sabre Turbo without luck. Apparently, the root of the problem, like with most of these cars I'm trying to steal, is the fact that I have the PC version of the game.

I have stored a Rhino in the mansion, but unfortunately when I try to push the husk of the Sabre Turbo to a garage I don't get far without some dumb car getting in my way, running over an even dumber pedestrian, and having a stupid cop bust me. Not to mention that the car usually gets stuck in a very bad place. It's a gauntlet of a task, and I may just give up on it like the Black Washington. (Which I could not, for the life of me get. Every time I would end the mission aburptly, they would just vanish. Oddly enough, when I finally did get to one, it was locked.)

Update: I was .00003 cm away from putting the Turbo (finally) in the garage, and I run over a cop. In less than a second, two sqaud cars show up. I decide to rush out and push it the rest of the way, literally a push, in fear of getting busted, and it vanishes. I now have a very horrible headache from the rage rush I had. I'm ready to give up. I want to choke something, and that's not a good sign. However, I did jump back in my tank and I started wiping out civilians. I aimed for old ladies mainly. Felt good. Which isn't a good sign either.

Update 2: Well, I finally pushed the car all the way to a garage, and as I was pushing it in, it vanished. Can I quit now? This game hates me. And I don't feel like buying another keyboard/screen/mouse.

In the future, I'm looking to get the Gold Stretch, a White Walton, and FP Cheetah, Banshee, and Infernus.

hotwheels83
  • hotwheels83

im the richest boy on earth

• Members

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:45 PM

it is possible i saw the video and i did it once
maybe i will tell you how to do it later because i am busy right now mad.gif

Zizka417
  • Zizka417

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 March 2009 - 05:01 PM

Alright, thank you very much. However, I have an update.

I finally made it across, killed off a bunch of guards, and nabbed the pony and what happened? The stupid packer vanished. I broke my screen I was so pissed. So after buying a new screen, I'm here now, debating whether I should continue even playing this game.

I have the PC version. Is this the problem? Should I set up the Packers before the mission?

Zizka417
  • Zizka417

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:58 PM

To reiterate: I finally acquired the black Pony.

However, I'm attempting to get the black Sentinel in the mission "Hit The Courier" (in the printworks asset line) without luck. I get as far as getting the black Sentinel, along with picking up the plates, and driving off to put the car in a garage. I first headed to Sunshine Autos, drove into a garage, hopped out, and let it close. However, when I turned around and it opened again, there was still damage on the car, and the doors were locked. So I tried destroying the car in the garage, and it just vanished and didn't repair. I tried the same thing with my Hyman Condo garage.

Why doesn't this game like me? I'll remind anyone reading this post that I have the PC version. If that's the problem, then fine.

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (Zizka417 @ Mar 15 2009, 19:58)

However, I'm attempting to get the black Sentinel in the mission "Hit The Courier" (in the printworks asset line) without luck. I get as far as getting the black Sentinel, along with picking up the plates, and driving off to put the car in a garage. I first headed to Sunshine Autos, drove into a garage, hopped out, and let it close. However, when I turned around and it opened again, there was still damage on the car, and the doors were locked. So I tried destroying the car in the garage, and it just vanished and didn't repair. I tried the same thing with my Hyman Condo garage.

Why doesn't this game like me? I'll remind anyone reading this post that I have the PC version. If that's the problem, then fine.

Had you completed the "Hit The Courier" mission?
I've noticed before that if you put a vehicle into a garage (not a pay 'n' spray but a garage by a safe house) while you're part way through a mission then the auto-repair elves seem to be having a break and the vehicle isn't repaired

Steve

Zizka417
  • Zizka417

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (Steve Crook @ Mar 15 2009, 23:50)
QUOTE (Zizka417 @ Mar 15 2009, 19:58)

Had you completed the "Hit The Courier" mission?
I've noticed before that if you put a vehicle into a garage (not a pay 'n' spray but a garage by a safe house) while you're part way through a mission then the auto-repair elves seem to be having a break and the vehicle isn't repaired

Steve

Yes, I did finish the mission during one run, and the Sentinel just vanished. It seems that I have no way of saving one, unless I keep hitting jump everytime I open the dorr to get out of the car. I'll try to drive the Sentinel to the courier then do the jump method, and see if I can save it.

Ultraussie
  • Ultraussie

With Sexy Company of CowGirl69 :P

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE (Zizka417 @ Mar 16 2009, 03:01)

I finally made it across, killed off a bunch of guards, and nabbed the pony and what happened? The stupid packer vanished. I broke my screen I was so pissed. So after buying a new screen, I'm here now, debating whether I should continue even playing this game.

I have the PC version. Is this the problem? Should I set up the Packers before the mission?

If you had the PC version you could have used The jetpack and teleporter in LithJoe's trainer!!!!!!
And dont set 'em up before the mission.
BTW, whats the Pony;s atributes, besides being black?
Replicate it using the garage editor!

Zizka417
  • Zizka417

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:22 AM

A rousing success. And not to mention that I gunned down a cop accidentally which netted me three stars, and eventually all flat tires. I dove wobbling in the heat of battle to the Printworks, jumped out, finished and headed back wobbling to Sunshine Autos smoking. (Without any stars though, but it was still a gauntlet) I feel like a god. I've got my Sentinel, and all that's left is the Gold Stretch, which will hopefully be a piece of cake.

Zizka417
  • Zizka417

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:25 AM

QUOTE (Ultraussie @ Mar 16 2009, 04:21)
QUOTE (Zizka417 @ Mar 16 2009, 03:01)

If you had the PC version you could have used The jetpack and teleporter in LithJoe's trainer!!!!!!
And dont set 'em up before the mission.
BTW, whats the Pony;s atributes, besides being black?
Replicate it using the garage editor!

Well, it felt rewarding not having to use mods. The stats of the Black Pony is just that. It's a regular car, no FP, no BP, no DP. Only it's jet black, which is rare/cool.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:47 AM

Nice to know you succeeded in your attempts to get the vehicles. I'm pretty sure the Gold Stretch will be considerably easier to acquire; I've never had any major problems getting my hands on it. Out of curiosity, are you attempting to get all rare/unique vehicles into your safehouses' garages? It's something I've always wanted to do, but never got around to doing it. Sounds like a blast! If you are indeed doing this, what cars do you have stored at this moment?

And for future reference, please edit your post instead of hitting the "New reply" function. I'm sure it will still be read, and doesn't put you in a bad frame. Double-posting isn't takent too kindly by a number of people, because in most cases it is unnecessary.

hotwheels83
  • hotwheels83

• Members

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (Steve Crook @ Mar 16 2009, 03:50)
while you're part way through a mission then the auto-repair elves seem to be having a break and the vehicle isn't repaired

Steve

auto-repair elves tounge.gif lol.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (Zizka417 @ Mar 14 2009, 11:07)
However, I do have the:

Spand Express
Romero's Hearse
Black Voodoo
Black Bobcat
Black Pony
Black Admiral
Black Sentinel
Silver PCJ600

Nice list you've got yourself there. A question; if this is stressing you out so badly, to the point that you want to launch your game somewhere nasty, then why continue with it? There's no need for you to do it, and you should really only be doing it for the enjoyment factor.

Anyway, there is a few methods to get the vehicles you are after. In most cases, sniping the drivers of the vehicles may help you (especially when searching for the White Walton and Gold Stretch), but sometimes even that doesn't work, because the doors to the vehicles will remain locked, forcing you to push them to your garage. and sometimes even that results in disaster, as you know.

To get your hands on Hilary's Sabre Turbo, I'd suggest giving this method a go (Christ knows how many times I've provided a video link to this, just proves how useful it is), credit goes to ring_of_fire for putting it together-

http://www.youtube.c...howtopic=401704

Once you get him into the multi-story car-park, try to snipe him, or remove his vehicle etc. by any means necessary. Anything you can to get hold of the vehicle really. I haven't given this a go in a fair while, so I'm not sure what you can do to get a hold of it. I'm not so sure, but you might be able to get in the vehicle and drive it to a garage, instead of having to push it all the way there.

How exactly did you go about retrieving the Black Washington?

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 18 March 2009 - 05:35 PM

The BP/FP/EP version of the Sabre Turbo is not available in the Greatest Hits version and the PC version of GTA: Vice City.

hotwheels83
  • hotwheels83

• Members

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (MC_320 @ Mar 18 2009, 21:35)
The BP/FP/EP version of the Sabre Turbo is not available in the Greatest Hits version and the PC version of GTA: Vice City.

It is available in the PC version of VC dontgetit.gif

DiscoverProject
  • DiscoverProject

Exploring San Andreas Since 2004

• Members

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:49 PM Edited by DiscoverProject, 20 March 2009 - 05:01 PM.

I don't get it. Methods say just snipe the driver out to obtain the gold stretch but for some reason, the driver has bulletproof windshield, I shoot and shoot and cannot kill him!

Black Pony takes skill to get.

Heres the list of rare/proof cars.

BP - Bullet Proof
EP - Explosion Proof
FP - Flame Proof
DP - Damage Proof

1. Spand Express
2. BP, FP, EP, DP Admiral
3. Black Sanchez
4. Black Washington
5. Romero's Hearse
6. Black Voodoo
7. Silver PCJ600
8. Black Bobcat (red stripe)
9. Black Pony
10. Black Admiral
11. Black Sentinel
12. Love Fist Limo
13. Golden Stretch
14. BP, EP, FP Sabre Turbo
15. White Walton
16. FP Banshee
17. FP Cheetah
18. FP Infernus

Black Washington and Black Pony take some skill to get.

glenster
  • glenster

True

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2009 - 04:01 AM

"...and I just flat out can't get the black Sanchez because I have the PC
version."

How to see the Security Guard and Haitian gangsters on PC v1:

Since Trial By Dirt scores won't register in your Stats unless you do it after
Test Track (a programming glitch), do Test Track 1st. Do Test Track REAL
slowly before finishing two laps. Then do Trial By Dirt even more SLOWLY.

There are two guiding points here: one, you only get paid subsequently if you
beat your previous score, so score a real long time for Test Track so you'll
be able to beat it easily a few times; take even longer for Trial by Dirt so you
know you just have to beat the Test Track score the Stats give it (and not some
faster score the game will hold you to but not show and which you might forget).

And two, make the red barrels, rain, and, finally, three Haitian gangsters on
black Sanchez bikes, and Security Guard in a black Rancher, appear on your sub-
sequent efforts as you beat your previous scores.

No matter what you do, your Trial By Dirt score won't register as any better
than your last Test Track score, which won't be great because the Landstalker
tips over so easily, so you're screwed for Trial By Dirt, anyway.

To plan a dragged-out time, remember that the last two disks for Test Track
are the one half buried in a valley and the one above a hump. The last two for
Trial by Dirt are the two at the end of the short non-solid flag posts on your
right--later, after the red barrels.

I got to see all the bonus events if I did Test Track slowly and next did
Trial by Dirt even more slowly. I then had the Test Track score for both
events. Then I beat that time by just a bit with both vehicles, then beat that
Test Track time by just a bit with both vehicles, etc. Eventually, the Security
Guard and Haitian meanies appeared.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE (MC_320 @ Mar 18 2009, 18:35)

Shot yourself in the foot there! tounge2.gif

It would be interesting to see how Zizka417 fared out with his attempts to get the unique vehicles in his garages. I'm sure by now that he has acquired more than what was listed in the first post, and I for one would be interested in what has been done since. It's a shame he's currently inactive...

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:31 PM Edited by MC_320, 22 May 2009 - 02:09 PM.

QUOTE (flicko @ May 22 2009, 03:41)
QUOTE (MC_320 @ Mar 18 2009, 18:35)

Shot yourself in the foot there! tounge2.gif

It would be interesting to see how Zizka417 fared out with his attempts to get the unique vehicles in his garages. I'm sure by now that he has acquired more than what was listed in the first post, and I for one would be interested in what has been done since. It's a shame he's currently inactive...

Yeah! I'm so glad that I've been able to get it. It turns out that the stupid methods on Gamefaqs doesn't work with the Greatest Hits version. I'm also glad that I'll be able to obtain that Black Sanchez and Black Rancher but I don't know if I'll have any more garage space though...

Then again, I can always obtain those two black vehicles again whenever I want so they're not THAT rare but rare in a one spawn kind of way, like the Sea Sparrow or Deluxo, etc. smile.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:13 PM

Yeah, and, much like the Deluxo, Sabre Turbo, Sandking, Hotring Racer, Sea sparrow etc, you have to do quite a bit of work to gain access to it.

If your set of garages are pretty full, you must have a lot of vehicles stored in them, as you get around sixteen regular-sized vehicles in your garages at Sunshine Autos, twelve in your garages at Hyman Condo, three or four in your garage at Vercetti mansion, one in Links View apartment, one in El Swanko Casa & one in Ocean heights. That totals around thirty-three or thirty-four vehicle slots, providing you cram some of them in to the larger garages.

Have you got a lot of special & unique vehicles stored in your garages..?

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (flicko @ May 22 2009, 17:13)
Yeah, and, much like the Deluxo, Sabre Turbo, Sandking, Hotring Racer, Sea sparrow etc, you have to do quite a bit of work to gain access to it.

If your set of garages are pretty full, you must have a lot of vehicles stored in them, as you get around sixteen regular-sized vehicles in your garages at Sunshine Autos, twelve in your garages at Hyman Condo, three or four in your garage at Vercetti mansion, one in Links View apartment, one in El Swanko Casa & one in Ocean heights. That totals around thirty-three or thirty-four vehicle slots, providing you cram some of them in to the larger garages.

Have you got a lot of special & unique vehicles stored in your garages..?

Yes. smile.gif

I have to get one more but I'll post later in my topic or here showing which vehicles I've obtained. smile.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:06 PM

You mean you have... everything?! That's a truly awesome acheivement mate, one that you should be very proud of. icon14.gif

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:39 AM Edited by MC_320, 23 May 2009 - 06:42 AM.

QUOTE (flicko @ May 22 2009, 18:06)
You mean you have... everything?! That's a truly awesome acheivement mate, one that you should be very proud of. icon14.gif

Yeah. Now I do. I finally got all the special proofed and unique vehicles I've wanted. smile.gif

Here's what I got:

Ocean Heights:
Black Pony

Leaf Links Apartment:
Silver PCJ-600

El Swanko Casa:
BP/FP/EP Sabre Turbo

Vercetti Estate:
BP/FP/EP Admiral
Black Admiral

Sunshine Autos:
FP Banshee*
FP Cheetah*
FP Infernus*
White Walton
Black & Red Striped Bobcat
Black Voodoo
Romero's Hearse

The ones with asterisk means that I made them all yellow just to match each other and also to keep it the Sunshine Autos name way, lol.

Hyman Condos:
BP/EP Rhino (I know it's already BP/EP but I just wanted to put it anyway, lol.)
Black Sentinel
Black Washington
Gold Stretch
Love Fist

Yeah, you're right. I am so damn proud of myself! colgate.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 23 May 2009 - 01:31 PM

Awesome work mate!! Though there are a couple of missing vehicles -

-- Spand Express (available during the missions Riot & Jury Fury)
-- Black Sanchez & Rancher (though you have already stated why in your previous post)

No need to worry though, as your current list is mightily impressive as it is. It's a shame about the Spand Express, though, really would have made it possible for you to have a fully complete collection.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:18 PM Edited by MC_320, 23 May 2009 - 04:22 PM.

Yeah I should have stated why I didn't get the Spand Express. I didn't get it because it just doesn't look worthy to have in my garages anyway. tounge.gif

Plus, if I put more than one vehicle in the big garage at Hyman Condos, it's gonna cause other vehicles in my other garages to disappear. D:

And thank you. smile.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:28 PM

Perfectly logical explanation, seeing as the truck isn't very special. It performs very similar to the Yankee & Benson, and I'm pretty sure they're not your preferred in-game vehicles? tounge.gif

Are you still playing the game that caused you problems in regards to achieving the Godfather ranking? If so then that sounds like a good call; you wouldn't want to risk losing a vehicle that was hard to get your hands on, like the proofed Sabre Turbo.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:31 AM

Haha, yeah and yes I've started a new game. There hasn't been any of those dumb glitches like on my other save file so it turns out the problem was in the save file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users