» «
Photo

[REL|GTAIV] LCPD Auxiliary Police Mod

11 replies to this topic
Lt.Caine
  • Lt.Caine

Bilderberg Conference Attendee

• Members

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:04 AM Edited by Lt.Caine, 14 March 2009 - 05:38 PM.

LCPD AUXILIARY POLICE TEXTURE MODIFICATION

The following texture modification replaces the textures of the default LCPD patrol cars (Police1 and Police2) with a custom made LCPD Auxiliary texture inspired by the old NYPD Auxiliary Police paint scheme.

NOTES
- The textures are made by me (Lt.Caine).
- The modification applies to both the Police1 model and Police2 model.
- Each model has a unique skin in that the unit number differs in either case.
- Installation instructions are included within the Readme file.
- Four images have been provided in order to demonstrate this modification's appearance in-game.

EXAMPLES
(See below)

FILES INCLUDED
- 4 example images
- Readme.pdf
- police_livery.png
- vehicle_generic_police_livery.png

DOWNLOAD LINK
(See below)

GTAFox
  • GTAFox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:19 PM

These do look pretty good!

I think I like this better than the normal LCPD scheme, it doesent look as plain either. Good work!

The only minor thing I noticed is the Courtesy-Professionalism-Respect first letters should still be red shouldnt they?

Lt.Caine
  • Lt.Caine

• Members

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:11 PM

Thanks smile.gif I'm glad you like it!

And as for the "CPR", they're actually supposed to be white: http://nycpdcars.50w...om/nypd1190.jpg

But then again, I definitely wouldn't boast that my texture is 100% accurate either; there are model limitations, and it's always nice to add that personal touch. tounge.gif

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:43 PM

I like that paintshop, looks ways better than the old ones smile.gif icon14.gif

Ray Carter
  • Ray Carter

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:22 PM

Didn't I see these in The Taking Of Pelham 1 2 3 Trailer?
I wish GTAIV used the Dodge Charger than the Chevy Impala. XD

Schallerboy20
  • Schallerboy20

LCPD Officer.

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 06:36 PM

Make some Auxiliary Police Officer Skins, Don't they wear light blue shirts?

No, thats Traffic Enforcement, oh yeah.

Auxilary Wear the same uniforms, except their shields are shaped like stars, and they have a band that says "Auxiliary" Above Police Department,

Lt.Caine
  • Lt.Caine

• Members

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:30 PM

Yea Terminator, although I wish they had put in a marked LCPD Charger/Buffalo instead of the 1997-ish Grand-Marquis/Crown Victoria wannabe Police Cruiser. I like the Police Patrol/Merit/Impala, although they should have made the back more like the real car...

And Schallerboy20, you're right, the NYPD Auxiliary uniforms are pretty much just like the regular NYPD uniforms, except for the arm patches and badges, and the NYPD Traffic police wear light-blue shirts and white hats - and you have both of these in the original game (well, maybe not the auxiliary ones, but they would be indistinguishable form the regular LCPD uniforms if modded anyway).

MSthebilder
  • MSthebilder

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:58 AM

thats pretty dang awesome! happy.gif

Little Psycho
  • Little Psycho

Unofficial supporter of ms.cooldude mods, lolz

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (Lt.Caine @ Mar 22 2009, 20:30)
Yea Terminator, although I wish they had put in a marked LCPD Charger/Buffalo instead of the 1997-ish Grand-Marquis/Crown Victoria wannabe Police Cruiser. I like the Police Patrol/Merit/Impala, although they should have made the back more like the real car...

And Schallerboy20, you're right, the NYPD Auxiliary uniforms are pretty much just like the regular NYPD uniforms, except for the arm patches and badges, and the NYPD Traffic police wear light-blue shirts and white hats - and you have both of these in the original game (well, maybe not the auxiliary ones, but they would be indistinguishable form the regular LCPD uniforms if modded anyway).

Get spark IV. Open vehicles.img, search for "fbi". You will find two files, export them. Make a copy of them. Now, rename the first two files to police. (without deleting ".wft" or .wtd (or something like that) from the name) And now, rename the files you coppied to police2 (without deleting .wft or .wtd from the name!). Import them to vehicles.img, and edit texture. TADA! You have Dodge Charger as police vehicle!!! And with Auxiliary Police texture.(if you will make it)

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:47 PM

Man this looks awesome. I think an NYPD would be more realistic, but oh well... Are you planning to make some more?

Lt.Caine
  • Lt.Caine

• Members

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:54 PM

Thanks biggrin.gif I'm glad you like it!

I decided not to make an NYPD mod, since there are already a few floating around and I figured it would be redundant.
I will likely make more as time progresses and inspiration hits me, however, the new patch has somewhat reduced my interest in GTAIV...

I did make this though: NOOSE Mod which modifies the NOOSE vehicles, so you could check that out if you're interested smile.gif

GTASAMK
  • GTASAMK

Player Hater

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:43 PM

Wow, looks nice! lol.gif
But I have not IV so I can not moderate it ...
Would appear I had IV.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users