[REL|GTAIV] License Plate Mod
Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:53 PM Edited by Lt.Caine, 14 March 2009 - 01:50 AM.
GTAIV LICENSE PLATE MODIFICATION
The following is a simple modification which replaces the license plate texture (which affects all cars) in GTAIV with the one provided.
- The texture is made by me (Lt.Caine).
- The plate is based on the current New York state plates.
- The top of the plate reads: "New Liberty".
- The center of the plate contains the characters: "APL 4582".
- The bottom of the plate reads: "The pursuit of happiness".
- Installation instructions are included within the Readme file.
- Two images have been provided in order to demonstrate this modification's appearance in-game.
- 2 example images
Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:45 AM
Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:58 AM
Sorry Rachinator, but that's a useless post and quite an ignorant and offensive comment. Just because you don't notice the license plates or wouldn't bother altering them doesn't mean that others would act the same way. I, for one, found the default ones to stick out like a sore thumb.
Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:56 AM
Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:45 AM
Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:57 PM
Well, here are the New York plates Rob
You can install it using the same instructions as in the LC Plate mod.
Now, if you could just upload the texture you are using for your Police Patrol in .png format, I can fix it up for you and show you how to use it on your Police Cruiser.
Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:10 PM
Anyway I'm using this mod for NYPD livery:
Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:29 PM
Ok, well, first off, make sure that you have the latest version of both OpenIV and SparkIV.
Now, there seem to be glitches with OpenIV and SparkIV when you use them together. For instance, since those .wtd files you downloaded for the NYPD mod were probably extracted with SparkIV, when you import them with OpenIv you might get some issues (like the corruption and memory leak errors). That's why I always only send the basic image files (.png usually) when I release a texture mod.
Alright, back to your problem. If you use SparkIV to try to open those .wtd files, like Police2.wtd, it should work, so you could use that. And also, make sure that when you use OpenIV and SparkIV, that you rebuild your archive after every modification.
I fixed up an NYPD texture that you can use to modify the Police Cruiser with.
Here's the link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UH2LMLJJ
All you need to do is:
- Extract my vehicle_generic_police_livery.png from the .zip archive to the desktop.
- Use OpenIV to open your vehicles.img.
- Open vehshare.wtd.
- Find vehicle_generic_police_livery.dds.
- Click "Replace" and select the vehicle_generic_police_livery.png file on your desktop.
- Click "Change levels", and set it to 1.
- At the bottom right corner, click "Save" and when the black cmd box pops up, just press enter.
- Close vehshare.wtd.
- In OpenIV, go to File>Rebuild, and wait until it's done.
- Then close OpenIV and start up your game. You Police Cruisers should now have NYPD skins.
Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:33 AM
Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:12 PM Edited by Zybba, 28 March 2009 - 09:46 AM.
Did you noticed that some rusty cars have the old plates?
Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:45 PM
|QUOTE (Rachinator @ Mar 13 2009, 20:56)|
|Its not useless its called constructive criticism. It probably works fine and whatnot but his attention could be a little better spent if he's a good modeller.|
Shut up, nobody likes what you said.
Thanks for taking the time and work to build and make this mod, Caine.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users