Photo

Online Multiplayer Confirmed

18 replies to this topic
nbond99
  • nbond99

Agent of Chaos

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:47 PM

We can put our worries to rest once and for all, here's a quote right off of amazon.com:

Care has been taken to ensure that players can share their Chinatown Wars experiences with friends and fellow players in different ways. First, players will have access to the Chinatown Wars as well as the greater Grand Theft Auto communities through the Rockstar Games Social Club. Here they can chat, trade commodities, purchase special in-game items with in-game currency, check the leaderboards and compete in online tournaments. The DS' Wi-Fi capabilities also gives players the opportunity to take their game online as they battle for supremacy in their own little corner of Liberty City in both head-to-head and co-op multiplayer battles. Overall you will be able to chat, trade guns and commodities with your friends, and compete for glory via online tournaments and leaderboards on the Rockstar Games Social Club.

And of course the link:

http://www.amazon.co...36966167&sr=8-1

Ruben-LWD
  • Ruben-LWD

1337 H4x0r!

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (nbond99 @ Mar 13 2009, 18:47)
We can put our worries to rest once and for all, here's a quote right off of amazon.com:

Care has been taken to ensure that players can share their Chinatown Wars experiences with friends and fellow players in different ways. First, players will have access to the Chinatown Wars as well as the greater Grand Theft Auto communities through the Rockstar Games Social Club. Here they can chat, trade commodities, purchase special in-game items with in-game currency, check the leaderboards and compete in online tournaments. The DS' Wi-Fi capabilities also gives players the opportunity to take their game online as they battle for supremacy in their own little corner of Liberty City in both head-to-head and co-op multiplayer battles. Overall you will be able to chat, trade guns and commodities with your friends, and compete for glory via online tournaments and leaderboards on the Rockstar Games Social Club.

And of course the link:

tnx for the info now i know for sure that this is going to be the best ds game ever made.

nbond99
  • nbond99

Agent of Chaos

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (Ruben-LWD @ Mar 13 2009, 18:56)
QUOTE (nbond99 @ Mar 13 2009, 18:47)

And of course the link:

tnx for the info now i know for sure that this is going to be the best ds game ever made.

QFT. And no problem, I really wanted to see it confirmed as well. biggrin.gif

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:46 PM

A multiplayer section has been added to the official site too. So, there's your official confirmation.

http://www.rockstarg...ars/multiplayer

nbond99
  • nbond99

Agent of Chaos

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Mar 13 2009, 19:46)
A multiplayer section has been added to the official site too. So, there's your official confirmation.

Actually, the multiplayer section has always been there, but it only had "Details Coming Soon", which it still says.

lordjubblydave
  • lordjubblydave

Jubbly > RROD

• D1RTY12

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:47 PM

Nobody, ever listens to me, ah well
See my wifi thread for info on game modes

nbond99
  • nbond99

Agent of Chaos

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (lordjubblydave @ Mar 13 2009, 20:47)
Nobody, ever listens to me, ah well
See my wifi thread for info on game modes

I saw your topic. What you posted confirmed wifi multiplayer, not necessarily online wifi multiplayer. Offline wifi adhoc multiplayer was already confirmed, when you play against a friend close by, you're still using wifi. What I posted, however, confirms that not only will the game have offline wifi multiplayer, but also online wifi multiplayer.

lordjubblydave
  • lordjubblydave

Jubbly > RROD

• D1RTY12

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:17 PM

confused.gif I did, you must have missed it.

nbond99
  • nbond99

Agent of Chaos

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (lordjubblydave @ Mar 13 2009, 21:17)

You did, much later in that thread, but even so, I supplied a source, you didn't have one.

lordjubblydave
  • lordjubblydave

Jubbly > RROD

• D1RTY12

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (nbond99 @ Mar 13 2009, 21:25)

You did, much later in that thread, but even so, I supplied a source, you didn't have one.

I did have a source, unfortunately I don't own a scanner so I can't upload copyrighted material on a public forum, even if I could I would probably get in trouble as they obviously have some exclusive deal, hence nothing on the web apart from some general info on a shopping website.
But at the end of the day, your info validated my info, and mine gives yours specific details, so its all gravy.

nbond99
  • nbond99

Agent of Chaos

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (lordjubblydave @ Mar 13 2009, 21:45)
QUOTE (nbond99 @ Mar 13 2009, 21:25)

I did have a source, unfortunately I don't own a scanner so I can't upload copyrighted material on a public forum, even if I could I would probably get in trouble as they obviously have some exclusive deal, hence nothing on the web apart from some general info on a shopping website.
But at the end of the day, your info validated my info, and mine gives yours specific details, so its all gravy.

You make a good point, sorry for the pointless argument, we both think CTW will be awesome, so it's all good. icon14.gif

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (nbond99 @ Mar 14 2009, 02:07)
QUOTE (girishb @ Mar 13 2009, 19:46)

Actually, the multiplayer section has always been there, but it only had "Details Coming Soon", which it still says.

Well, that figures. I checked out the website for the first time. tounge.gif

Shadowqiller
  • Shadowqiller

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:56 AM

This is awesome news! biggrin.gif This is going to be one hell of a DS game.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:22 AM

I want to make one aside in a non-locked-leaked game thread... I figured there was something akin to the week long leak of GTA4 before the North American release.
I own about 50 PCs by now, and not one Nintendo DS... How cool would it be to offer a legit emulation of the dual screen for PC users, a Rockstar version of the game? Nintendo likely has the same type specifics deal with Rockstar, but it looks like the graphics and operation are on par.

I'm sure the PC would accomodate online play if made properly. Just an interesting thought.

nbond99
  • nbond99

Agent of Chaos

• Members

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:42 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Mar 14 2009, 04:22)
I want to make one aside in a non-locked-leaked game thread... I figured there was something akin to the week long leak of GTA4 before the North American release.
I own about 50 PCs by now, and not one Nintendo DS... How cool would it be to offer a legit emulation of the dual screen for PC users, a Rockstar version of the game? Nintendo likely has the same type specifics deal with Rockstar, but it looks like the graphics and operation are on par.

I'm sure the PC would accomodate online play if made properly. Just an interesting thought.

That's funny you say that because on gtagaming.com, they were given a demo of the game in action and they mentioned this:
Bill leaves the room to order some pizza for us. We gather on the couch for Job to give us an overview and demonstration of the game. Rockstar actually built a gigantic working DS to show off the game on larger screens. The DS was about the size of a laptop just for this purpose. After watching the intro and being shown the new features, we are seated at the conference table with our own DS to play with. The version of Chinatown Wars we played had four missions.

Here's the link: http://www.gtagaming.com/gtacw it's the article dated March 1.

Dr.Killa
  • Dr.Killa

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:57 AM

i just played this game and its better than VCS

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:30 AM

QUOTE (Dr.Killa @ Mar 14 2009, 04:57)

Did you play it on that Hands-on Tour or something?

Dr.Killa
  • Dr.Killa

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:38 AM

QUOTE (Indi. @ Mar 14 2009, 05:30)
QUOTE (Dr.Killa @ Mar 14 2009, 04:57)

Did you play it on that Hands-on Tour or something?

yea, and i managed to steal it, and dumped the rom over the internet alien.gif

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:55 AM

This Dr. Killa needs a banning, he's blatant.. Soon he'll be talken Warez left and right, yet he's still here!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users