Quantcast

» «
Photo

The alcohol topic

1,092 replies to this topic
Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

The Droogs, Finally real rapists on the scene.

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:03 AM

The Alcohol topic

Here, we talk about our favourite alcoholic drinks & discuss different types of alcohol.

What is your favourite beer(s)?

What is your favourite spirit(s)?

What is your favourite ales(s)?

What is your least favourite beer(s)?

What is your least favourite spirit(s)?

What is your least favourite ale(s)?

Do you drink to enjoy it or to get drunk?

Heres mine:
What is your favourite beer(s)?I like pretty much most decent European lagers such as Carlsberg & stella artois. I enjoy a bit of stout from time to time like Guinness and Murphys. I hate pretty much all cider.

What is your favourite spirit(s)?Whiskey, scotch in particular, such as Bells & Glenfiddich. I love myself a bit of JD as well, it goes down well before a night out.

What is your favourite ales(s)? I like a lot of British real ales, such as Old speckled hen, tangle foot, marstons real ale, fullers english pride, Hobgoblin & Bishops finger. I pretty much like all real ales, except blond beer. Bloody awful stuff/

What is your least favourite beer(s)?Carling is absolutely horrible imo, along with all that white cider, disgusting that is.

What is your least favourite spirit(s)?Vodka, it just seems crap unless its over some ice.

What is your least favourite ale(s)?All Blond ale.

Do you drink to enjoy it or to get drunk? I only really drink to enjoy it really, unless im with my friends or at some sort of party then I will get drunk, I used to get legless all the time but now I look back and think, what a douche, so I dont do it much.

Seachmall
  • Seachmall

Irish Motherfucker.

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:10 AM

Favourite beer is probably Fosters, it tastes like piss with bits but it's cheap and at 17 that is all that counts. I used to hate Guinness but find myself drinking it more and more.

Vodka is definitely my favourite spirit, I can't really differentiate between liquors though (generally I'm hammered at that stage and so could be drinking anything).

I tend to drink to get pissed, (trying to get into a pub for a casual drink is too risky, it has to be a Saturday night with the ultimate goal of my semi-rubbery penis in someone's passed-out pussy barf8bd.gif )

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE (Seachmall @ Mar 13 2009, 00:10)
it has to be a Saturday night with the ultimate goal of my semi-rubbery penis in someone's passed-out pussy barf8bd.gif )

Nice.
You see a gang of horny school girls on a field drinking cider and BAM! taken their innocence.

Seachmall
  • Seachmall

Irish Motherfucker.

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE (Pr0xy_fl00d3r @ Mar 13 2009, 00:22)
You see a gang of horny school girls on a field drinking cider and BAM! taken their innocence.

If only it were that easy.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:29 AM

Whats the big deal with red stripe, I haven't actually had any but apparently its great, can you even get it in the UK?

beavis
  • beavis

Lone Wolf

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:44 AM

I'm sure you can get it. Aren't there Jamaicans in London?

Anyway, My choice of Liquor is Whiskey. Almost any kind will do. Fav will have to be Knob Creek or some Jameson.

Beer would have to be a tie between Newcastle Brown Ale or Some Hemp Ale.

Red Stripe is pretty good for a Lager.

but most importantly, I'd rather get stoned than to get drunk any day.

beavis sparks a spliff and walks to the OFS

beanmike206
  • beanmike206

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:46 AM

Newcastle brown<3
Bulmers pear cider<3

I drink other stuff like mangers cider, carling and fosters though.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:48 AM

icon14.gif Im a big lover of Newcaste brown too, brilliant stuff it is.

Same with Jameson whiskey, nice

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (Pr0xy_fl00d3r @ Mar 13 2009, 00:29)
Whats the big deal with red stripe, I haven't actually had any but apparently its great, can you even get it in the UK?

Yes you can. I quite like it, although it's been quite a few years since I've had any (last time, I was 17). Most supermarkets and offies stock it.

Generally I hate to say I drink Fosters usually, mostly due to the fact there's no worthy real ales about in local pubs so sweet stuff will suffice. I'm partial to a bottle of wine now though, especially considering I actually like most of the wines Wetherspoons do at 5.99 a bottle.

beavis
  • beavis

Lone Wolf

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:05 AM

It looks like you Europeans fancy the wine and cider more than the hard stuff...

You guys should check out the Humboldt Brewery Company for some fine ale's.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:07 AM

I cant seem to be able to drink a full pint of Fosters, I think its awful, I always tend to throw it away. Most Aussies actually hate it aswell, if anyone seen the episode of Dom Jolly's happy hour where he went to Australia, they all hated it, lol.

the only wine I like is Rose and some chardonnay. But then again Im not a big wine drinker.

EDIT: @ Beavis..us brits love our real ales, infact, I think the best real ale is british ale. And Cider is "hard stuff", well proper cider is, none of that white lightening crap.

Seachmall
  • Seachmall

Irish Motherfucker.

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (Pr0xy_fl00d3r @ Mar 13 2009, 01:07)
I cant seem to be able to drink a full pint of Fosters, I think its awful, I always tend to throw it away. Most Aussies actually hate it aswell, if anyone seen the episode of Dom Jolly's happy hour where he went to Australia, they all hated it, lol.

The ends are the worst and generally aren't worth trying to down, for the price you might as well just order another round.
QUOTE (beavis)
It looks like you Europeans fancy the wine and cider more than the hard stuff...
Wines are even invading knacker drinking, I remember when I was 15 we'd stock up on the Mickey Finns, vodka and ciders to go get wasted and then some puff would show up with bottles of freakin' wine?! What the f*ck is that about?!

God damn French destroying our culture!

Tetsuo2501
  • Tetsuo2501

TV Casualty

• The Connection
  • Unknown

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:28 AM

I drink Colt 45, Lone Star, and Steel Reserve. I only buy them in 40oz, because two of them get me where I need to go. i mean I drink other beers as well, but i enjoy those three in particular.

As for liquor I really only enjoy Jager, it's the only liquor I can drink straight without shuddering after I sip on it.

CJ_4_LIFE
  • CJ_4_LIFE

Once upon a time there was a tavern.......

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:29 AM

Cider, cider, cider inlove.gif oiy luv my cider.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (Tetsuo2501 @ Mar 13 2009, 01:28)
I drink Colt 45, Lone Star, and Steel Reserve. I only buy them in 40oz, because two of them get me where I need to go. i mean I drink other beers as well, but i enjoy those three in particular.

As for liquor I really only enjoy Jager, it's the only liquor I can drink straight without shuddering after I sip on it.

Colt 45, damn, I remember years ago, there was an off licence accross the road from me who sold that, it was brilliant and I have been unable to find it anywhere.
I'll have to look.

.:R2D2:.
  • .:R2D2:.

Mostly Harmless

• The Precinct

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:40 AM

What is your favourite beer(s)?
Guinness. Although I am wary of certain pubs that either don't know how to pour a pint of Guinness or just serve sh*tty-tasting stock

What is your favourite spirit(s)?
Whiskey, probably Jameson

What is your favourite ales(s)?
Beamish. It has a great roasted barley flavour

What is your least favourite beer(s)?
Carlsberg. I don't understand its popularity, it tastes stale and usually makes me gag. I don't know why they don't market Carlsberg Export as their main product - it's actually a nice continental-tasting beer, is cheaper and a little stronger too.

What is your least favourite spirit(s)?
Vodka. Although maybe my mind would change if I actually bought brand-name vodka once in a while :p

What is your least favourite ale(s)?
I'm not sure, although I did have a few nice pints of Boddingtons when I was in the Lake District a few years ago, I bought a 6-pack of cans and they were disgusting. Cans don't really enhance flavour though, so...

Do you drink to enjoy it or to get drunk?
Mostly to get drunk but there's the odd time I'll go out just to enjoy a few scoops

beavis
  • beavis

Lone Wolf

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (Tetsuo2501 @ Mar 12 2009, 18:28)

You guys could a learn a thing or two from this guy.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:50 AM

Is Stella Artois popular in the states?

Sixdust
  • Sixdust

April 2nd, V2

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:36 AM

This is a repost of the previous alcohol discussion.

Personally I like Becks, Brooklyn beer is a plenty here since I live in NYC, I was planing on visiting the brewery. That being said, Becks is good, whether it is the regular, the dark or the Oktoberfest, Guinness is great, Sam Adams is great when there ain't much around. Heiny's good too. I can't stand Corona though, stuff tastes like tomato juice. And Amero Beers such as Bud, Coors etc., I can't stand them, they are like the mouthwash of beer, good for washing your hands in it, and that's about it. Sometimes I get St. Pauli Girl, or some of the Polish beers since I am Polish. Tyskie is great, Zywiec, and my personal favorite Zywiec Porter, stuff is dark, and like wow. Takes about 3 bottles of the other beers to get me a buzz or 2 pints (Euro bottles) to get a buzz. One porter got me a good buzz. Stuff is great but hard to find here despite NYC having tons of places to buy and try unique and import beers. There is a bar in Brooklyn that sells over 500 different beers. When I am 21, I will go to that bar and get legally wasted there.

user posted image

Also, I found out that Becks comes in cans and has a non alcoholic edition (wtf?)

Am I the only one that enjoys beer with food, as sort of an appetite enhancer?
Most of my fellow teens drink beer to be sh*tfaced, I drink it to appreciate the taste, and make me more hungry. Of course a lot of my fellow teens get sh*tfaced at a party after two buds, while I am sitting back with a pizza box and a 6 pack, whilst playing games or whatever the party consists of.

Wine is great too. A family friend of ours made his own wine. The stuff was fierce, but good.

As for other types of liquor, most of the time I have it by surprise (ie: my drink with my meal is mixed with alcohol) Why, you ask? Because my Aunt loves to have a drinking buddy.

The only thing that has defeated me and kicked my ass is Spirytus Rektyfikowany. I had a shot of it at a family friend house, and well that one shot, was my last shot. You could start a car with it (literally) its 96% pure alcohol, 192 proof. Its illegal to purchase in NY, but you can score it in NJ in most Polish neighborhoods. (I think NY has a 152 proof limit) Though you can get a 152 proof version in NY in most liquor stores.

user posted image

These Polacks drank it, here they are afterward
Pwned
Pwned 2
Pwned 3

If anyone decides to go out and buy it, please post about it. I can't remember what happened the rest of the night after I tried that stuff, just woke up around noon the next day with a giant black eye. I used to use it to clean wounds at home (stings like a motherf*cker) and to strip paint and crap off me.

Edit: Youtube vid before and after. Black dude is what Mudzyn means, these Polish guys give him one small shot, and he's f*cked up.

Before

After

Is Stella Artois popular in the states?

Yes and No. It all depends on the population of the region. In Greek Neighborhoods, it is a plenty, as opposed to lets say a chinese neighborhood where it is harder to find.

Greene
  • Greene

-

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:55 AM

Well if I had the money it'd be Jameson all the way. Lovely whiskey. But considering I'm currently a college student, money is always an issue so I'd usually go for the cheaper whiskey. Golden Mills is fairly cheap, and its not actually too bad. When it comes to beer, I'd usually opt for something typical, usually Heineken.

Can't f*cking stand wine or cider.

rhyn
  • rhyn

SRS BSNS

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:55 AM

What is your favourite beer(s)? Corona, Stella Artois, Coors, Delerium.

What is your favourite spirit(s)? Jagermeister, Goldschlager.

What is your favourite ales(s)? Smithwicks.

What is your least favourite beer(s)? Carlsberg.

What is your least favourite spirit(s)? Vodka.

What is your least favourite ale(s)? -none-

Do you drink to enjoy it or to get drunk? To enjoy it and to get drunk.

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:09 AM

user posted image

My best friend.

Ja750
  • Ja750

Five

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:30 AM

Carling, Pernod, Tequila. inlove.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:01 AM

I like Smirnoff Ice and Appletinis. biggrin.gif

But seriously. I'll drink any beer. Guinness is probably my favorite. For the hard stuff, I like some good whiskey or Bourbon. Also like a white Russian (thanks to the Dude for getting into that one). For Ales, anything.

My least favorite beer would have to be Bud Ice. Least favorite Spirit, is Vodka (drank way too much when I was young and stupid, and it ruined me on it).

Trows
  • Trows

• The Precinct

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:07 AM

Mead.

mdtajghori
  • mdtajghori

Silent spectator

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:22 AM

This thread is about people who will probably have a much shorter life than me. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

usherftw
  • usherftw

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:25 AM

What is your favourite beer(s) Guiness, although i've quit on it becuase it turn's your sh*t black and makes you fat.

What is your favourite spirit(s) Vodka/JD

What is your favourite ales(s)? Newky brown

Also, i'm pretty sure carling and carlsberlg are lagers.
My favourate drinks are carling and carlsberlg export, normal carlsberg is sh*te

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:12 AM

I prefer export myself, but I dont mind carlsberg.
I love to see the Newcastle brown popularity on here, bloody brilliant ale.
Jameson seems popular with the Irish, obviously, although I prefer scotch, you cant beat a bit of Jameson.
Guinness is my second love inlove.gif . Although I like murpghys aswell.

Quick Stop
  • Quick Stop

Group: SRS incorporated

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:55 AM

I drink a litre of paint thinner each day.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:59 AM

Guinness is a firm favourite of mine, I adore the goo. Unfortunately, I don't do enough exercise to work it off, and I drink around 5-6 pints of it every week. Regardless, I'm going to look like an Elvis impersonator by the end of the year if I carry on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users