Photo

"Fly The Co-op" Achievement

29 replies to this topic
Hangar161
  • Hangar161

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:06 PM

So basically, I need help to beat Rockstars time in ranked versions of "Deal Breaker", "Hangman's NOOSE" and "Bomb da Base II". Yes, I know you can't invite friends on XBL but if we hit the search button at the same time, there is a slight chance you will get paired up since not a lot of people play GTA IV online anymore (or at least not on the 360).

I might be a lil' slow but anyway, watch this video to learn how to play BDB 2

Add me on XBL - Hangar161 colgate.gif

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:17 PM

Moved to IV Multiplayer.

Hangar161
  • Hangar161

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:19 PM

Thanks, I was not sure where to post it.

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:50 PM

I'm on PS3, but I'm willing to help anybody who needs it getting this trophy and I've got a pretty good idea of all the ins and outs of each game mode.

Been meaning to start a Co-op thread trying to get more people to join in.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:29 PM

I'm willing to help others too... but I am also on PS3 (sorry to hi-jack your thread).... you guys can't invite friends on XBL??? Not at all or are you referring to the 50 friend limit?? (not showing up in IV)... I know I've seen XBox vids where you get the "friends online" pop ups.

Hangar161
  • Hangar161

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:47 PM Edited by Hangar161, 12 March 2009 - 04:33 PM.

I don't know why but you can't invite people to the actual gametype. You must play with random players.

[EDIT] I just did Bomb da Base 2 and made it in 5:33:40 minutes, that's like 0.6 secs from Rockstars record! happy.gif

jerry25
  • jerry25

Watch out Jerry is in a car!!

• Members

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:22 PM

Last time I heard you were only allowed to do it with randoms on the 360. Not on the PS3, you are allowed to do it with your friends. In other words, if you invite your friends on the 360 then the times won't count.

Captain_Obvis456
  • Captain_Obvis456

you're about to be inadequate

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:40 AM

Yeah that sux that you must play with random players on there. Every different version of this game is different for MP. PS3 you can invite, but you can't on PC either. But on PC there is a custom menu where you can see many different games about to start and who the host is and you can search for people that way. Still it's a little cumbersome. It would be nice if they could figure out a better system.
Nevertheless you might want to read this thread about getting the deal breaker co-op one.
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=399488
It also goes into how to beat the BTB2 in the thread and there's good info through the whole thread. That video may or may not help and there are better ways than are on there.
On the Noose you should be able to get it pretty easy. You simply get 3 people, each shoot 5 cops then go to the jet to pick up Petro, drive to heli and off to the safe point. You know if you can get it or not if you can get him into the van before the 1 minute mark. If you can then you should get it. There is no reason why 1 person needs to go get the heli while the others shoot although that's the conventional wisdom. Unless the heli driver is very good you usually don't get it that way.
With a few rounds of practice my way should be much easier to get.

xxxSIDESH0Wxxx
  • xxxSIDESH0Wxxx

North Holland Hustlers

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:08 AM

i still need deal breaker, already have the other two i think, but i'll help anyway. add my gamertag

jerry: you don't invite your friends. just choose a ranked game at the same time and hope for the best. there's a chance it will put you into the same game if there's not alot of activity for it at that exact time. and it will count.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:43 PM Edited by Spuds725, 13 March 2009 - 01:45 PM.

That really sucks balls.... Hats off to any of you (XB) guys that can manage the fly the co-op times (BDB and Dealbreaker) with randoms-- I guess it helps that most of you play with mics/headsets... because $15-20 more is too much to spend on a bluetooth headset for most PS3 players (for some reason).

We can do them in private or public-- which is cool when you want to do one with a certain person without randoms joining--

I can't believe they didn't include that on the XBox version... or at least as a patch later on..

IceCola
  • IceCola

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:28 PM

can anyone help me with fly the co-op trophy? i'm planning 2 do a deal breaker mission this weekend if anyone is willing to help me please add my PSN. it is icecola47

dale_brah
  • dale_brah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:55 AM

wich brings me to my reply
ps3 or xbox?

lol ps3!

Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (Hangar161 @ Mar 12 2009, 13:47)
I don't know why but you can't invite people to the actual gametype. You must play with random players.

That's part of ranked/unranked being separated on Xbox. You CAN invite friends to unranked games, but those don't count toward the achievement. The weird thing is that you actually can play ranked (team based) games with friends if you go to party mode. Only competitive game modes though, no co-op.

IceCola
  • IceCola

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (SuperJude™ @ Mar 12 2009, 12:50)
I'm on PS3, but I'm willing to help anybody who needs it getting this trophy and I've got a pretty good idea of all the ins and outs of each game mode.

Been meaning to start a Co-op thread trying to get more people to join in.

hey superjude can u help me get this trophy i'm willing to do this on the weekend smile.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:39 PM

I'm willing to help you but this weekend is not good at all for me-- tonight or next monday and beyond work for me... I'm in the US and normally on at night after 9:30 PM EDT-- (after 1:30am GMT)... PSN: Spuds725

IceCola
  • IceCola

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Apr 8 2009, 20:39)
I'm willing to help you but this weekend is not good at all for me-- tonight or next monday and beyond work for me... I'm in the US and normally on at night after 9:30 PM EDT-- (after 1:30am GMT)... PSN: Spuds725

wanna help me tonight 10:30 Eastern time?

DX2069
  • DX2069

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:10 PM

rampage_ani.gif get PS3 Problem Solved

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (IceCola @ Apr 8 2009, 17:36)

I'll be on and can I'll give you a hand. Do you have a mic/headset? If you have a friend or two that need BDB II it would help-- BDB II is is a bit easier with 3 or 4 players--

Do you need all 3 times?

Send me a friend invite with GTAF and Co-op in the message- PSN: Spuds725

IceCola
  • IceCola

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Apr 8 2009, 23:54)

I'll be on and can I'll give you a hand. Do you have a mic/headset? If you have a friend or two that need BDB II it would help-- BDB II is is a bit easier with 3 or 4 players--

Do you need all 3 times?

I'm on right now i've added u. I don't have a mic or headset but i can send u messages

Foppezão
  • Foppezão

Prankster

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Apr 8 2009, 23:54)

Do you need all 3 times?

That was pretty tight how you landed on the bridge, and then you glitch through the boat to the lower weak spot? anyways that DB time is pretty hard although i play that mode a lot, i'd like to participate in fly the co-op and it would be a nice extra but for me the only real trophy left is the wanted one and just have epic [coop] matches..

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:06 PM

Sorry I screwed the landing those few times-- coming in a bit high-- Thanks for helping icecola get the noose time also.... I do like the driving route you took when we had the NE spawn point-- is a bit faster.

Deal breaker is very tough-- 3 player really needs some coordination (mics/headsets) as there are just too many variables-- 2 player is easier without mics/headsets, but they still help alot-- we only did one more run after you left-- we all actually did reasonably well considering the lack of communication... was hoping we could get you guys a boat spawn.

I screwed the drive over every time-- hit the rail right at the gap a few times... and the car ended up on its roof a couple of times, and icecola got out on one of the times I landed on my wheels...

Foppezão
  • Foppezão

Prankster

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Apr 9 2009, 13:06)
Sorry I screwed the landing those few times-- coming in a bit high-- Thanks for helping icecola get the noose time also.... I do like the driving route you took when we had the NE spawn point-- is a bit faster.

Deal breaker is very tough-- 3 player really needs some coordination (mics/headsets) as there are just too many variables-- 2 player is easier without mics/headsets, but they still help alot-- we only did one more run after you left-- we all actually did reasonably well considering the lack of communication... was hoping we could get you guys a boat spawn.

I screwed the drive over every time-- hit the rail right at the gap a few times... and the car ended up on its roof a couple of times, and icecola got out on one of the times I landed on my wheels...

But usually you also take the chopper right? if you want to get the DB time to get back?[although you drive it nearly as fast]
I think to get the time is to shoot the [only spawing ] boat hit the chopper and straight back to the rendevouz..
I like to land the chopper on the roof and work top/down, take the chopper again while the other hits the boat and then pick up your buddy..
But then again i find the coops sometimes more relaxing when doing it just for the cash then for instance Team DM where team mates screw up al your hard work..by dying all the time driving around getting slapped by rocket launchers...

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:24 PM

For 2 players, I've done it the way you described with both players flying and working from the roof down-- pretty much like the 007Craft video on youtube-- I did this with Druton (a member here) without mics and he showed me how to cut off the bikers that escape from the land spawn points... and still get the time (he is an excellent heli pilot by the way).

But when I was going for the time the first time with Famine at GTplanet.net, we worked out a slightly different strategy that seemed to help us clear the building faster-- one person drive, the other fly... then both fly back... this seems to help us clear the building faster and somewhat easier as the driving guy gets their first which makes more guys spawn on the ground and are easier to kill-- they key in this mission for 2 player is clearing the building in under 5 minutes...

I did write a somewhat detailed guide (link in my sig) for this-- with details on the different spawn points and where to cut them off... there is some discussion in that thread on different strategies that can be applied... including a "quit" method... where you play with 3 or 4 player... 1 or 2 fly, the rest drive-- clear the building and then 2 people quit the game right before the building is cleared--- if the building is cleared with just 2 players left in the game, the game will only spawn one set of bikers-- so you get the benefit of a faster building clear, and there for more time to catch the fleeing bikers-- or clear the building with 3 player, 2 flying players take out one set of bikers, and fly back, the 3rd player takes out the other set of bikers and then quits.

Really for anything more then 2 player, there is just so many different variables that it is best left to games with mics/headsets so you can coordinate who is going for what-- IMO it is possible to complete this with 4 players--- with one or 2 driving back to the house (the other two flying)-- just need a building clear in under 4 minutes and a bit of luck.

I have not played this much with 3 or more players... I did do a run with Supejude and Deejay in which we almost got the time-- we all had mics and they had a slight mis-communication on where to land on the highway when getting one set of bikers-- I cleared the other set of bikers pretty fast (eastern most spawn point) and they flew toward me and picked about 1/2 way between us... we got a time of about 7:10 or so on just our 1st or 2nd run together--

I did another run with Superjude in 3 player in which we used the quit method-- I quit and we got it in just one run... once again, mics (and some experience help)-- the guy I was playing with did not have a mic and had been trying to get the time for a while, SJ came on and I invited him in... me and SJ worked out what we were going to do (who would do what) before we started the mission and the communication before and in the mission worked out real well... I took out the land spawn of bikers, they took out the boat spawn, and I quit so they could get the time...

IMO mics/headsets really help on this mission- if you can borrow someones bluetooth headset for a day, you could probably knock it out pretty quickly... unfortunately, I likely won't be able to play for a few days... taking a mini vacation.

IceCola
  • IceCola

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Apr 9 2009, 14:24)
For 2 players, I've done it the way you described with both players flying and working from the roof down-- pretty much like the 007Craft video on youtube-- I did this with Druton (a member here) without mics and he showed me how to cut off the bikers that escape from the land spawn points... and still get the time (he is an excellent heli pilot by the way).

But when I was going for the time the first time with Famine at GTplanet.net, we worked out a slightly different strategy that seemed to help us clear the building faster-- one person drive, the other fly... then both fly back... this seems to help us clear the building faster and somewhat easier as the driving guy gets their first which makes more guys spawn on the ground and are easier to kill-- they key in this mission for 2 player is clearing the building in under 5 minutes...

I did write a somewhat detailed guide (link in my sig) for this-- with details on the different spawn points and where to cut them off... there is some discussion in that thread on different strategies that can be applied... including a "quit" method... where you play with 3 or 4 player... 1 or 2 fly, the rest drive-- clear the building and then 2 people quit the game right before the building is cleared--- if the building is cleared with just 2 players left in the game, the game will only spawn one set of bikers-- so you get the benefit of a faster building clear, and there for more time to catch the fleeing bikers-- or clear the building with 3 player, 2 flying players take out one set of bikers, and fly back, the 3rd player takes out the other set of bikers and then quits.

Really for anything more then 2 player, there is just so many different variables that it is best left to games with mics/headsets so you can coordinate who is going for what-- IMO it is possible to complete this with 4 players--- with one or 2 driving back to the house (the other two flying)-- just need a building clear in under 4 minutes and a bit of luck.

I have not played this much with 3 or more players... I did do a run with Supejude and Deejay in which we almost got the time-- we all had mics and they had a slight mis-communication on where to land on the highway when getting one set of bikers-- I cleared the other set of bikers pretty fast (eastern most spawn point) and they flew toward me and picked about 1/2 way between us... we got a time of about 7:10 or so on just our 1st or 2nd run together--

I did another run with Superjude in 3 player in which we used the quit method-- I quit and we got it in just one run... once again, mics (and some experience help)-- the guy I was playing with did not have a mic and had been trying to get the time for a while, SJ came on and I invited him in... me and SJ worked out what we were going to do (who would do what) before we started the mission and the communication before and in the mission worked out real well... I took out the land spawn of bikers, they took out the boat spawn, and I quit so they could get the time...

IMO mics/headsets really help on this mission- if you can borrow someones bluetooth headset for a day, you could probably knock it out pretty quickly... unfortunately, I likely won't be able to play for a few days... taking a mini vacation.

hey spuds sry for not doing so well in thoughs missions + i have no mic and 2nd i was lagging so i had no clue what was going on i'll try and get a mic off some body if not i'll go buy one

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:36 PM

no worries-- you did reasonably well considering your experience with the missions-- we got 2 of the 3 times done-- I won't be on a few days so feel free to try Dealbreaker with someone else... you would likely benefit from reading my guide (link in my sig) and watching the youtube video by 007Craft I linked to...

Sorry I kept messing up the drive there-- cost us about 30-45 seconds or so for each of the drives I screwed up... I was on my 3rd beer by the time we got to Deal breaker so I would not discount my drinking and driving being an issue wink.gif

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:53 PM

If you can, play with Immediate, he's the best Deal Breaker player out there.

His method is to land the chopper on the ground, btw...

deejayb1874
  • deejayb1874

Bolt Ya Radge!

• D1RTY12
  • Scotland

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:13 PM

Yeah dude, the 5.38 dealbreaker time I got was with Immediate. He's a quality pilot.

I managed a 5.46 earlier Jude, just before you came online. The guy I was playing with (whos name escapes me) was a super-sharp-shooter and we could've got a faster time if I hadn't ballsed up the approach back to the mansion.

Holler if you wanna try for a fast time.

IceCola
  • IceCola

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 April 2009 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (deejayb1874 @ Apr 9 2009, 18:13)
Yeah dude, the 5.38 dealbreaker time I got was with Immediate. He's a quality pilot.

I managed a 5.46 earlier Jude, just before you came online. The guy I was playing with (whos name escapes me) was a super-sharp-shooter and we could've got a faster time if I hadn't ballsed up the approach back to the mansion.

Holler if you wanna try for a fast time.

lol deejay me and u allmost got it but i f*cked up at the end there i pressed triangle by mistake and fell out of the helicopter my bad we could've passed it if it wasn't for my mistake XP we could do this again tomorrow if u want

IceCola
  • IceCola

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2009 - 02:13 AM

hey guys here are my times for the fly the co-op trophy. times to beat for Hangman's NOOSE was 2:32 my time 2:25:527, Deal Breaker time too beat 7:04 my time 6:57:104, Bomb Da Base II time too beat 5:56 my time 514:202. i've passed all the times and not get the trophy what am i doing worng?

Hydro_PT
  • Hydro_PT

THE S.T.A.L.KE.R.

• Members

Posted 12 April 2009 - 02:49 AM

The time for Bomb da Base II is 5:32, not 5:56. wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users