Photo

Editing emergency lights and sirens

33 replies to this topic
marcus2769
  • marcus2769

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:35 AM

In past GTAs emergency lights have been pretty disappointing and from what I heard there was no way of editing them apart from their colors. My first question is whether or not it's any different in GTA IV. Does anyone know if there's the possibility of moving the lights around to different positions, and maybe even edit the lights themselves to look more like stroke/LED lights.

My second question is whether or not it would the possible to run with lights on and no siren or vice versa?

This isn't a mod request - I just want to know if it's something that would be possible with the new game engine smile.gif .

DHoff
  • DHoff

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:41 AM

I'm pretty sure it's possible. Though I would love to hear some new sirens from the NYPD, FDNY.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:25 AM

Some of the light colors are listed in visualsettings.dat under "#car.siren.color", although only 2 colors are listed.

Someone with zmod 2 who can import vehicles will have to verify this, but it looks like there are up to 8 siren lights allowed on a vehicle, which can be placed anywhere. Siren glass is separate, probably attached to the siren base object. I'm guessing based on whats listed in the exe for vehicle pieces.

The actual lighting functionality, flashing, whether or not sound is triggered, etc is probably still hardcoded. i haven't seen anything related that stuff in an external file.

Lt.Caine
  • Lt.Caine

Bilderberg Conference Attendee

• Members

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:08 PM

This subject is quite dear to me (as if my name isn't a complete giveaway...)

It would seem that the individual siren lights can be attached to "extra" type parts. For example, using C06alt's Vehicle Selector, we can remove the Vector lightbar from both the Police1 model and the Police2 model cars. When we do so, upon activating the siren, no emergency lights are seen -- which is, of course, completely impossible in previous GTA installments. This would suggest that they are attached to the lightbar, which is an "extra" part, and thus we can posit that it may -- in the future -- be possible to have multiple lightbars per vehicle and set them as "extra" parts -- each with its own set of unique light positions.

Now, this is merely a theory, as it has not yet been proven -- at least to my knowledge -- whether or not the individual lights can be moved in any which way, or whether they can only be moved as a group -- either V-shaped or I-shaped. And, unfortunately, ZModeler not being as accessible as I would like it too be, is beyond my reach, so I can't verify what's above myself...

As for the light colors DexX, I have tried modifying my visualsettings.dat file several times, but I have noticed no changes at all. I don't know if the error is on my part, or what the issue might be there...

Also, for the lightbar glass color, I noticed that it can be changed in some cases without needing to resort to a 3D modeler. In the case of Police2 for example, there is a white shape in the police2_lights.dds texture -- of the car's texture file (police2.wtd) -- that is what the lightbar glass is mapped to. So, changing this white shape to blue, for instance, would change the color of the white lightbar glass parts to blue in-game. However, although the red glass parts use this same texture, the model regulates their color. So, going back to my previous example, if you were to change that texture to blue, your white glass parts would indeed look blue in-game, the red ones would then unfortunately look purple.

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:30 PM

I'd like to have a siren where the car's don't pull over. I just hate it that every single car hits the f*cking wall just to get out of my way (and they always fail to get out of my way) I'd like to have a siren where you can only use the flashing lights effect as well. Oh and real NYPD and FDNY sounds would be cool biggrin.gif (only high quality)

marcus2769
  • marcus2769

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:42 PM

I have the same vehicle selector and playing with the different extras is the next best thing to actual car mods hehe. The potential possibility of adding multiple lightbars sounds very interesting though, or maybe get some flashing headlights, etc. Some trainers give you the ability to play with your parking/hazard lights, so there is definitely more potential than in previous GTAs. Far beyond the faint stick of red and blue glowing balls on the roof of your cop car...eeek lol.

Can't wait to see what people will be able to come up with when the car mods start rolling in smile.gif .

Wolves69
  • Wolves69

Play GTA4 :)

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:10 AM

sound sirens wail/yelp/phaser I don't like phaser, I like it wail/yelp/hi-lo like previous GTA3 & VC , don't know how change sound file.

pinky
  • pinky

"Tooled up and chibbin' ye, ya Bass".

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:29 PM

Each light has its own dummy and should be able to be moved about from what I see.
user posted image

marcus2769
  • marcus2769

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (pinky @ Mar 13 2009, 18:29)
Each light has its own dummy and should be able to be moved about from what I see.
user posted image

Very good to hear. Thank you smile.gif

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:35 PM

user posted image

Can't wait to see a Crown Vic with flashing strobes everywhere. Like imagine schaefft's Crown vic with light on the roof the grill and in the car. Oh god just please let us get new vehicle models biggrin.gif

Lt.Caine
  • Lt.Caine

Bilderberg Conference Attendee

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:08 PM Edited by Lt.Caine, 13 March 2009 - 10:31 PM.

That's great news! Thanks for posting that pinky biggrin.gif

Would you mind uploading a .z3d version of the police2 pinky? It would be greatly appreciated smile.gif

Indeed, it will be awesome to see what the possibilities will be regarding police lights once we can finally modify car models!

DHoff
  • DHoff

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:33 AM

Is there a way to edit the firetrucks horn to the secondary siren sound?

The secondary siren for the truck being the primary horn.

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:10 PM

That's the fire truck's secondary siren sound in real life as well. Rockstar did a nice job in my opinion. Anyway to change it you'd have to modify the sounds (like replacing) which is not possible (yet smile.gif ), correct me if I'm wrong. But maybe you can try searching in data files for sirens and you might find something.

DHoff
  • DHoff

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:48 AM

https://tv.rockstarg...736DCDC0ADD5C99

This is what I wondered if its possible to change the secondary siren to the horn like the npc's do.

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:58 PM

But I think you can do that. When you're in the Firetruck turn on your siren and you'll have 2 secondary sirens if you press and hold your horn key. One of them is the horn while the other one is the siren you have at the end.
Or do you want to change the airhorn to the firetruck's horn? When the siren is turned off. But none of them is possible since we can't modify sounds yet...

DHoff
  • DHoff

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ Mar 20 2009, 10:58)
Or do you want to change the airhorn to the firetruck's horn? When the siren is turned off. But none of them is possible since we can't modify sounds yet...

Yeah I want the airhorn to be the primary horn. But We can't modify sounds yet.

SPITFIRE57
  • SPITFIRE57

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:28 AM

Guys Im just looking for a way to separate the police siren from the lights. As others have mentioned is this even possibly yet to active the lights without the siren while driving and then hitting another button for the siren? Its gotta be out there somewhere right? Cant the siren just be mapped to another key in the files and separated from the police lights?

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:15 PM

Try getting in a cop car which is parked behind a civilian. If you get in the car there will be no siren sound, but npcs will still get out of your way. It must be possible to do it, but it irritated the hell out of me that every car was getting out of my way, while they couldn't hear anything...

happyc
  • happyc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:37 PM

Tryed something but i failed and i forgot to do backup of this file.... So can some1 upload CATEGORIES.DAT15 file plz?
Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\audio\Config this is the location sad.gif

DHoff
  • DHoff

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (happyc @ Apr 2 2009, 13:37)
Tryed something but i failed and i forgot to do backup of this file.... So can some1 upload CATEGORIES.DAT15 file plz?
Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\audio\Config  this is the location sad.gif

Should of backed up your files. We are not inclined to share game files, but someone can give you the files via PM.

SPITFIRE57
  • SPITFIRE57

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ Apr 2 2009, 18:15)
Try getting in a cop car which is parked behind a civilian. If you get in the car there will be no siren sound, but npcs will still get out of your way. It must be possible to do it, but it irritated the hell out of me that every car was getting out of my way, while they couldn't hear anything...

I tried that and that doesn't work. As soon as I hope in he starts up the engine and siren comes on.

SPITFIRE57
  • SPITFIRE57

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:41 PM

Another clue this should be possible is whenever you pass by a police car speeding or running a red light they will hit the siren but the lights never come on. Also if they are trying to get through traffic they will just turn on the siren for a second and no lights. Anybody got any ideas yet? I feel like all the modders haven't even seen this discussion yet and have no idea about our requests.

JayCook001
  • JayCook001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 April 2009 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ Mar 13 2009, 21:35)
user posted image

Can't wait to see a Crown Vic with flashing strobes everywhere. Like imagine schaefft's Crown vic with light on the roof the grill and in the car. Oh god just please let us get new vehicle models biggrin.gif

Already done in SA. Works with Schaeft's models aswell, it's pretty cool.

SPITFIRE57
  • SPITFIRE57

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:03 AM

Holy Crap this is everything we have all been looking for!!!! Next step how do we get it into GTA IV???????

Check this out.

SPITFIRE57
  • SPITFIRE57

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:23 AM

Guys, I think this may be our man to come and help us!

http://www.freewebs.com/bxbugs123/

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (SPITFIRE57 @ Apr 5 2009, 09:03)
Holy Crap this is everything we have all been looking for!!!! Next step how do we get it into GTA IV???????

Check this out.

Whoa! My eyes almost popped out. I had something similar in my SA, but it wasn't this good. Never mind I want it for IV. And it'd be so cool if we could apply it to any car. Like an asi script. Turn on emergency lights (while you are driving admiral) and give the features like the FIB Buffalo has...

SPITFIRE57
  • SPITFIRE57

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (SPITFIRE57 @ Apr 5 2009, 09:23)
Guys, I think this may be our man to come and help us!

http://www.freewebs.com/bxbugs123/

So everyone that wants this contact this guy. He needs to know there is demand for his beautiful work in GTA IV!

rumba
  • rumba

lord

• Members

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:34 PM

all of bug's mods are here for san andreas

http://www.4shared.c...ed/sharing.html

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:57 AM Edited by Costar, 06 April 2009 - 05:00 PM.

QUOTE (SPITFIRE57 @ Apr 5 2009, 09:03)
Holy Crap this is everything we have all been looking for!!!!  Next step how do we get it into GTA IV??????? 

Check this out. 

I like this one the best of those listed spitfire. I wish they woulda made the "buffalo" more true to its real-life model, I see them here on the highway and in town pretty fair, they look great!! The cop cars here are mostly the charger, some '03 impalas and newer ones, crown vics, denalis/yukons & diff unmarked vehicles you wouldnt suspect.

The lightbars/flashes of these are abit different than whats in these vids. Whilst I wouldnt like to see em behind me tounge.gif they are cool,

This avg cruiser you see around town
http://img230.images...aratmmobfs7.jpg

Pic of state trooper, which there is also a city version of this same car w/ no roof mounted lights
http://img178.images...cchargerxo2.jpg

I like that type of lightbar best, low profile, emits an almost bright lavendar blue, generally all other vehicles w/ interior lights are same color, they flash MUCH faster than what is seen in any of these vids tho.. I'd love to see some models w/ low profile lightbars, same color spectrum and flash sequence as well as speed, very cool!

------------------

It may seem old news but I just happened to get hold of an ambulance w/ lights flashing but no siren, I noticed cars were stopping & swerving just like they would if the siren were blasting, hmm

SPITFIRE57
  • SPITFIRE57

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE (rumba @ Apr 5 2009, 22:34)
all of bug's mods are here for san andreas

http://www.4shared.c...ed/sharing.html

Yeah but we want these cars and mods for GTA IV. They are not compatible right?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users