Quantcast

» «
Photo

Ideas

1,446 replies to this topic
Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

That sarcastic asshole you all have grown to love.

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:52 AM

I would be awesome if there is a checking screen that pops up whenever you want to overwrite an already existed mission. I mean, so many designers lose their missions when they want to save a mission and unintentionally they save it over another mission. So, i hope Dutchy and Patrick would add this feature. :)

Ooooh yes! I lost so many missions due to this.

• Light Syde Riandy likes this

Bender
  • Bender

Bender

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:22 AM

I would be awesome if there is a checking screen that pops up whenever you want to overwrite an already existed mission. I mean, so many designers lose their missions when they want to save a mission and unintentionally they save it over another mission. So, i hope Dutchy and Patrick would add this feature. :)

Ooooh yes! I lost so many missions due to this.

Damn right! i had to remake my first mission twice!

Revolver1
  • Revolver1

DYOM reviewer

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

rNFzx9s.jpg

• xMatix and Juice the Joos like this

Reyks
  • Reyks

Valar Morghulis

• Feroci
  • Brazil
  • Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:28 PM

I was thinking about a possible solution for the DYOM/GTA "limits" that many people complain about. Why not include a limit adjuster like this one by ThirteenAG (with his permission of course), in the next release of DYOM?

xMatix
  • xMatix

The Rolling Joint

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:50 PM

I was thinking about a possible solution for the DYOM/GTA "limits" that many people complain about. Why not include a limit adjuster like this one by ThirteenAG (with his permission of course), in the next release of DYOM?

Dude, It's not working that way xD

Juice the Joos
  • Juice the Joos

hey-ho.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:56 PM

DYOM only puts together things that are already on the game.

Reyks
  • Reyks

Valar Morghulis

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:14 AM

Well, we can dream right? :p. Who knows maybe they will figure something out, im not a coder or anything but im sure there may be some ways to increase DYOM limits.

DYOM only puts together things that are already on the game.

I know, but a limit adjuster doesn't actually add anything into the game, it's just a tool to increase it's limits.

xMatix
  • xMatix

The Rolling Joint

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:58 AM Edited by xMatix, 12 August 2014 - 12:02 PM.

Well, we can dream right? :p. Who knows maybe they will figure something out, im not a coder or anything but im sure there may be some ways to increase DYOM limits.

If you would like making 200 actors, 200 objects, etc. it's probably only a matter of some numbers, the problem is that the program might be even more less stable than now.

Btw. Limit adjuster is only for objects.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:12 PM

The only way to increase limit is by suppressing the codes. Some toys like these you mentioned won't work. By suppressing, i mean this: Example, in San Andreas, you can't add Vice City & III's map to be in one game (to have SA map, VC and III map), because limit of objects is there. But you could connect objects to each other (example you make two buildings be one object, not two separate) and put on the map. You always have a chance to do something, however it may cause some problems and be unstable where DYOM is already challenged enough. Creators used new, CLEO 4 which gave them more space and easier ability to suppress the codes themeself.

Reyks
  • Reyks

Valar Morghulis

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:03 PM

I see, so a Limit Adjuster just wouldn't work in this case, i though it affected missions as well. Either way if increasing DYOM's limits somehow means that it will become more unstable then scratch that idea, the way it is now is good enough in that case.

RKalashnikova02
  • RKalashnikova02

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:29 AM Edited by RKalashnikova02, 13 August 2014 - 11:38 AM.

1. That can be so good if you can choose between two chances. Like:

- Kill the police officer.

- Leave the police officer alive.

Yea i know you can made it with an objective like: "You can choose kill him or leave him. After go back to the guys."

But the other like:

- Go left.

- Go right.

2. Another thing can be so good like to earlier. I mean good choice or bad choice. And you can made the remaining times of the mission like: A_Objective 11 Selected. If you know what i mean. 

I hope these will be in the next version :)

Revolver1
  • Revolver1

DYOM reviewer

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:39 PM

1. That can be so good if you can choose between two chances. Like:

- Kill the police officer.

- Leave the police officer alive.

Yea i know you can made it with an objective like: "You can choose kill him or leave him. After go back to the guys."

But the other like:

- Go left.

- Go right.

2. Another thing can be so good like to earlier. I mean good choice or bad choice. And you can made the remaining times of the mission like: A_Objective 11 Selected. If you know what i mean. 

I hope these will be in the next version :)

Has been suggested MANY MANY times mate, no luck. If Patrick and Dutchy feel like adding it, they will, no need for constant suggesting.

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond Creativity®

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:57 PM

Invincibility in Edit/Design mode.

• Pledge of Chaos likes this

Pledge of Chaos
  • Pledge of Chaos

Secronom

• Members
  • Canada
  • Helpfulness Award [DYOM]
    Contribution Award [DYOM]

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:29 PM

Invincibility (during designing) was added in a previous version but it was removed (I think it also was the cause of the health regeneration bug while playing missions.)

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond Creativity®

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:52 PM

Invincibility (during designing) was added in a previous version but it was removed (I think it also was the cause of the health regeneration bug while playing missions.)

Health Regeneration was actually great!

A feature should be added that lets you enable & disable Health Regeneration in the "Settings" menu or in the "Player" menu.

This will change the difficulty of your mission.

• Juice the Joos likes this

Bender
  • Bender

Bender

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:44 AM

the health regeneration bug could work with GTA V mission remakes.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:37 PM

Man, what the next DYOM version needs, or even the bug-fix version of the latest version, is ''Hold and Direct'' option for friend actors. I'm serious.

• Dude1 and Juice the Joos like this

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

That sarcastic asshole you all have grown to love.

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:14 PM

Also, DYOM needs to implement a feature for an actor or an objective actor to execute few animations in a sequence, so we wont have to hide and re-add them all the time we want them to change animations. This could also be handy for chases, the objective actor could get in the car, drive, then get out, run away, get another car, and so on. a simple feature which would contribute a LOT to the functionality and flexibility of DYOM.

• Dude1 and Revolver1 like this

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:32 PM Edited by AnDReJ98, 20 August 2014 - 12:31 PM.

You mean the same as for Player animations plus actor can do it without cutscene. Yeah that's been suggested many times but with no result. But not near many times as moving cutscene & adding sounds were suggested, it was the most wanted feature. However, i also remember people wanted instead of route points for driving/flying/walking/running, player in designing mode for example drive, and the actor will drive completely same as you did in designing mode. 

Anyway, i'm satisfied with what we have since V7. All i suggest is like a good idea, nothing crazy and that would be ability to put arrow on certain actor (like for the objective actors) that doesn't matter if he's neutral or friend (also radar on map appears).

Juice the Joos
  • Juice the Joos

hey-ho.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:42 AM

There should be animations to speak on the phone while on foot and one on a vehicle (like the one when CJ talks in the car on one of the missions for Jizzy).

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:40 PM

I also forgot to say that it would be of a massive use to have every option we can use on objects as objectives on cars aswell. So, photograph a car, damage the car, shoot the car etc.

Juice the Joos
  • Juice the Joos

hey-ho.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:17 PM

I also forgot to say that it would be of a massive use to have every option we can use on objects as objectives on cars aswell. So, photograph a car, damage the car, shoot the car etc.

Also photograph the actor! Would love one.

• Jimmy_Leppard likes this

Brasil-Games
  • Brasil-Games

Brasil-Games2

• New Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:21 PM Edited by Brasil-Games, 23 August 2014 - 11:22 PM.

Some options would be Good News For Example: 

Not be seen by the selected actor, actor Follow unseen, measuring bar equal to normal 
Correction Of A Bug Of Vehicles And Pedestrians Option No Reason: It appearing when police have more than 2 stars and is appearing is appearing and trains firefighters or ambulances to save people. Fix this please! 
If bars Pra When Approaching In Goal 
New Accents Pras Missions

Aka Productions
  • Aka Productions

You and Me

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:24 AM

This is the idea not making there will be said that they have a engine which will create in possible features.

Just to be clear and prevent disappointments:

The fact that things are suggested here will not mean that they will be present in the next release. Some ideas are just simply not possible with the engine, other things are possible but don't fit well with the current architecture of DYOM while other things would fit, but will have to wait until later because other things have more priority.

Things that are easy to implement, sound like a good idea to us and fit well, will however be in the next release off course.

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond Creativity®

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:37 PM

Unlimited Sprinting during Edit/Design mode.

• Dude1 likes this

Chevy Wolfs
  • Chevy Wolfs

The Saboteur

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:48 PM

Maybe... a "Do you want to over write the existing mission" sign every time when we actually want to save a mission? I lost some mission's because of that. :|

• Dude1, Target13, Bender and 1 other like this

George Daniel
  • George Daniel

Player Hater

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:20 PM Edited by George Daniel, 24 August 2014 - 02:22 PM.

-abilitty to set when you fail  (at what distance is your enemy) (example:i set to 100m,when the enemy gets to a bigger distance you will fail)

-make a special action/animation when you press a button

-when you fail , a text message will show you why you will fail (example:mission failed     Sweet is dead.)

-at storyline ability to create a special icon for a mission

Good luck.

Aka Productions
  • Aka Productions

You and Me

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:55 PM

Unlimited Sprinting during Edit/Design mode.

That is good idea but we can do this with god mode. :/

Dude1
  • Dude1

*Boom!!!* -Headshot!!!

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:18 PM

It would be nice if you could add the numbers of car colors like on objects so that we could easily remember a color for something.

ProdigyX34
  • ProdigyX34

DYOM Race Designer

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:24 PM

Possibility to skip phone conservation which same as skipping cutscene, since i mostly create missions with "talking-phone" instead of "cutscene".

• Jimmy_Leppard, Target13 and Revolver1 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users