Why?

alifjenius
  • alifjenius

I'm back (again)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:35 PM

I just come up with this idea while editing the sound in the mission

I don't how should I call it, I need something like "DYOM Music Editor". I mean, we only need a file of a song, then in certain objectives, we can like "start the music from 00:20", so we can use that song in another point of the mission

This idea based on the dynamic soundtrack in GTA V. It seems there is only a file of song, but it scripted, when this part of the song should start, and the other part will start at this point and so on

Would be great if it comes true. And tell me if someone already came up with this idea

kk.
  • kk.

So long, and thanks for all the fish

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:43 AM

All obects should be destroyable

Impossible... :facedesk:

Why?

Not all objects can be destroyed. Try to destroy a tree in San Andreas and you'll see what I mean...

QaiserH
  • QaiserH

Dialouges Writer

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:03 AM

Yes I Understand But There Should Be Something Like That

kk.
  • kk.

So long, and thanks for all the fish

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:11 PM

Yes I Understand But There Should Be Something Like That

Okay Then Give At Least One Example How They Should Make Something Like That If Some Objects Cant Be Destoryed In-Game

Reyks
  • Reyks

Valar Morghulis

• Feroci
  • Brazil
  • Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:24 AM

Some Ideas that i think are possible:

- There should be a new enemy behavior option called "Atack only if atacked", basically when using this option the enemy will only atack the player if the player atacks the enemy, this would be perfect for infiltration missions.

- Race objective, with real laps and the racing AI from the main game(without the need of routepoints obviously).

- Option to add dialogue between objectives.(Not using timeout)

- Stealth missions.

• Rendy Specter(Riandy) likes this

Rendy Specter(Riandy)
  • Rendy Specter(Riandy)

DYOM Designer/User

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:31 AM

What about for walk animation patrol around the room route 

Gammoudicj
  • Gammoudicj

★★★★★★

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:08 PM Edited by gammoudicj, 10 June 2014 - 07:26 PM.

More objectives, actors and objects (sometimes 100 objectives isn't enough) and also more animations, interiors and objects with destroy all the objects (like kill all the actors) but only the objects that we can destroy. And more routepoints ùaybe around 1000.

• theRema likes this

Juice the Joos
  • Juice the Joos

hey-ho.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:54 PM

The ability to make objective objects ''move when approached'' or ''move along path'' . Also the ability to move the red circle (trigger distance) of the objects around the map.

Target13
  • Target13

Target locked.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:11 PM

A "Shoot" animation for actors.

We have the "AIM" animation already but i think a Shoot animation would be nice too.

This anim will make the actor fire their current weapon. When the anim is selected, you also type in the numbers of rounds he/she has to shoot. (Just like the number of ammo a weapon has).

With this anim, we don't have to create enemy actors just to make a cutscene where our character/player fires a weapon.

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

Soldier

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:20 AM

A "Shoot" animation for actors.

We have the "AIM" animation already but i think a Shoot animation would be nice too.

This anim will make the actor fire their current weapon. When the anim is selected, you also type in the numbers of rounds he/she has to shoot. (Just like the number of ammo a weapon has).

With this anim, we don't have to create enemy actors just to make a cutscene where our character/player fires a weapon.

Supported. It would be nice to have "KILL" option though, where the actor would kill somebody with the given weapon.

KD himan
  • KD himan

The Electro AfghaN™

• BUSTED!
  • Vietnam

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:03 AM

Accuracy of actor should be more accurate, for example, in a cutscene if we have to show a actor shooting some other many members with a weapon, he should not wave his hands, he should first kill all actors then he can do that for a show off. you know, it really sucks when a person kills another and starts waving and suddenly his next enemy start shooting him, it makes mission pretty unrealistic.

Chips237
  • Chips237

Wide-eyed wanderer

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:34 AM Edited by Chips237, 20 June 2014 - 11:37 AM.

Accuracy of actor should be more accurate, for example, in a cutscene if we have to show a actor shooting some other many members with a weapon, he should not wave his hands, he should first kill all actors then he can do that for a show off. you know, it really sucks when a person kills another and starts waving and suddenly his next enemy start shooting him, it makes mission pretty unrealistic.

That's how the AI of your allies work - changing it would require modding main SA itself.

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

Soldier

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:09 AM Edited by Rytuklis, 22 June 2014 - 09:10 AM.

I wonder if it would be possible to improve the vision of the actors - it's kind of annoying how close you have to get to the enemy actors for them to open fire on you, feels kinda unnatural when you make a mission where you're ambushed or you have to fight lots of enemies. In the original SA, they spot you from far greater distances than this :s.

Also - spook-o-meter, ability for the player to shoot from the helicopter like in SP, ability to attach actors to helicopters like the SWAT in "Reuniting the Families" and so on.

megalz97
  • megalz97

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:00 PM

Alarm system, when player get caught by enemy actor will trigger the alarm => mission fail or spawn more enemy
Player decision: it's just like make you choose to between two objectives [go right=> ending 1 or go left=> ending 2] make the mission has multiply ending [sound impossbile but i still want to ask :D]

P/S: Sorry for my bad English

MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None
  • Best DYOM Mission 2013 "Max Parker"

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:40 PM

It would be great if we have a 'talking in phone' animation.

• Juice the Joos likes this

Varro Sasuke
  • Varro Sasuke

Nothing special.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:43 PM

Would be great if Actor can driving with a backwards way with the car/motorcycle.

gheorgheM
  • gheorgheM

Resident dadaist

• Members
  • Moldova

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:08 PM Edited by gheorgheM, 05 August 2014 - 04:08 PM.

ok, it may have already been said but:
1) objects:

• tv-set,
  • boombox / music player
  • toilet,
  • oven,
  • dresser,
  • standing lamp,
  • dinner table,
  • washing machine,
  • gravestone,
  • gravecross,
  • kitchen-sink.

2) actors:

• all of the main characters
  • the special ballas, grove st., and strippers, as well as Ran Fa Li, (the ones only seen in cutscenes (if it's possible))

3) animations:

• kissing
  • spanking
  • sex (not that I'm insisting, but come on, anyone has access to hot coffee nowadays anyway)
  • drinking (the slow animation) + in car
  • smoking + in car

4) weapons

• parachute
  • jetpack

and could you please organize the vehicles to be according to their class, as in, all sports cars, then all country cars, then all planes, etc.?

at least, get me the listed furniture, PLEASE!  :/

Juice the Joos
  • Juice the Joos

hey-ho.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:32 AM

ok, it may have already been said but:
1) objects:

• tv-set,
  • boombox / music player
  • toilet,
  • oven,
  • dresser,
  • standing lamp,
  • dinner table,
  • washing machine, 
  • kitchen-sink.

2) actors:

• all of the main characters
  • the special ballas, grove st., and strippers, as well as Ran Fa Li, (the ones only seen in cutscenes (if it's possible))

3) animations:

• kissing
  • spanking
  • sex (not that I'm insisting, but come on, anyone has access to hot coffee nowadays anyway)

4) weapons

• parachute
  • jetpack

and could you please organize the vehicles to be according to their class, as in, all sports cars, then all country cars, then all planes, etc.?

at least, get me the listed furniture, PLEASE!  :/

I don't think it's possible for the actors to use player's parachute and jetpack.

In the mission ''A home in the hills'' you can clearly see that the Triads have different parachutes.

AlexanderS4
  • AlexanderS4

Homie

• The Yardies
  • Venezuela

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:08 PM Edited by Alex5526, 01 August 2014 - 05:14 PM.

That's how the AI of your allies work - changing it would require modding main SA itself.
If I remember right, there's an opcode that you can use to prevent actors of "gettng cocky" when they kill an enemy. Of course, I might be wrong, it's been a long time since I scripted anything.
Also, an spook-o-meter and "Talk on phone" animation would be nice.

AlanerPolska
  • AlanerPolska

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:31 PM

Firstly, a possibility of amending of the walk would be useful to a figure of the player.
For the alternative of the change of the proficiency in the fight and individual statistics of the figure of the player.
Thirdly (optional), to add Polish additional characters as ś, ć, ę, ź, ó

gheorgheM
  • gheorgheM

Resident dadaist

• Members
  • Moldova

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:28 PM Edited by gheorgheM, 05 August 2014 - 04:08 PM.

I don't think it's possible for the actors to use player's parachute and jetpack.
In the mission ''A home in the hills'' you can clearly see that the Triads have different parachutes.

so? let them have their own parachute! :D

Firstly, a possibility of amending of the walk would be useful to a figure of the player.
For the alternative of the change of the proficiency in the fight and individual statistics of the figure of the player.
Thirdly (optional), to add Polish additional characters as ś, ć, ę, ź, ó

1) like what? to have each character have a specific walking style?

2) don't we already have that?

3) oh yeah, let's add special characters from all languages... :miranda:

nandack
  • nandack

When you are in The Dark, you can see The Light.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:29 AM

My Ideas? Check it:
How about you can make actor animation objective so we don't need to hide him and spawn a new one with other animation because sometimes they will looks like a ball for a short duration and that was weird. And how about you add player clothes changer objective then PATCH THE TIMELINE because everybody can steal it without permission! That is for this time.

Revolver1
  • Revolver1

DYOM reviewer

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:07 PM

My Ideas? Check it:
How about you can make actor animation objective so we don't need to hide him and spawn a new one with other animation because sometimes they will looks like a ball for a short duration and that was weird. And how about you add player clothes changer objective then PATCH THE TIMELINE because everybody can steal it without permission! That is for this time.

-Maybe actor with "Many animations" choice is better than an objective.

-Nobody has time to edit (for example) 10 missions with 70 objectives and a lot of actors, weapons and objects. That's why no-one has complained about Storyline getting stole so far since it was made.

nandack
  • nandack

When you are in The Dark, you can see The Light.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:23 PM

My Ideas? Check it:

-Maybe actor with "Many animations" choice is better than an objective.
-Nobody has time to edit (for example) 10 missions with 70 objectives and a lot of actors, weapons and objects. That's why no-one has complained about Storyline getting stole so far since it was made.
Nobody because the storyline was not good. If codename:zulu was a storyline and not a mission pack then everybody will steall it! Not the mission, not the name but the ways. Everything is possible if they have the chances.

RKalashnikova02
  • RKalashnikova02

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:55 AM Edited by RKalashnikova02, 06 August 2014 - 08:02 AM.

- Lot of person creates zombie missions/storylines. And in those missions there are no traffic, and just only destroyed, or flaming cars etc. Yes you can disable peds and cars. But still there are parked cars. I think in the next version that'll

be good if you can disable parked cars too 

- Sometimes you edited a good map with objects, cars. But once you need to finish the mission. So i think we need a tool like remove all: Objectives/Actors/Cars/objects etc.

- And always when you start a mission a player starts with default statistics (like accuracy) and that can be very good if when you place the player you can select the accuracy level of the player like hitman, gangster level...

Revolver1
  • Revolver1

DYOM reviewer

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:53 PM

- Lot of person creates zombie missions/storylines. And in those missions there are no traffic, and just only destroyed, or flaming cars etc. Yes you can disable peds and cars. But still there are parked cars. I think in the next version that'll

be good if you can disable parked cars too 

- Sometimes you edited a good map with objects, cars. But once you need to finish the mission. So i think we need a tool like remove all: Objectives/Actors/Cars/objects etc.

- And always when you start a mission a player starts with default statistics (like accuracy) and that can be very good if when you place the player you can select the accuracy level of the player like hitman, gangster level...

1. It's people's choice to make it or not. And I don't think there are still cars when you have disabled Peds/Cars, not sure though. 

2. You can use Mission Menu => New mission, it'll delete everything.

3. I don't think this would be useful. You can always use PROFESSIONALKILLER cheat to get everything Hitman level, since other levels are pretty much useless.

RKalashnikova02
  • RKalashnikova02

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:52 AM

1. It's people's choice to make it or not. And I don't think there are still cars when you have disabled Peds/Cars, not sure though. 

3. I don't think this would be useful. You can always use PROFESSIONALKILLER cheat to get everything Hitman level, since other levels are pretty much useless.

Noh. If you disable cars parking cars are still there. I mean you disable traffic, but check a parking lot. STill there are cars. And the PROFESSIONALKILLER is a cheat, (or NCSGDAG) i think the tool is better.

Revolver1
  • Revolver1

DYOM reviewer

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:34 AM

Noh. If you disable cars parking cars are still there. I mean you disable traffic, but check a parking lot. STill there are cars. And the PROFESSIONALKILLER is a cheat, (or NCSGDAG) i think the tool is better.

1. Well if that's the case, you'll just have to live with it. Just pretend it's abandoned cars.

2. A cheat doesn't effect much in DYOM, it'll make shooting easier and more enjoyable. The tool is useless and it'll only eat more memory, since there's a memory (or something like that) limit in coding, that's why they haven't put everything people asked for, only those are VERY needed.

ONProductions
  • ONProductions

Better known as DYOM 123

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:39 AM

I would be awesome if there is a checking screen that pops up whenever you want to overwrite an already existed mission. I mean, so many designers lose their missions when they want to save a mission and unintentionally they save it over another mission. So, i hope Dutchy and Patrick would add this feature. :)

• Rytuklis, Chips237, Revolver1 and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users