Photo

Ideas

1,343 replies to this topic
Illusive Prime
  • Illusive Prime

Cerberus Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:21 AM

So i've got an idea that is like this: You can write down the actors health yourself, instead of having to choose from 250, 500, 1000, 2500. Same with cars. And maybe also write the speed of the cars yourself, like with ammo. Another idea is that you can toggle the police car lights on and off(on cars where they're available) And also with an ability to turn off the radio in cars (for the custom songs to be heard better).

I don't think higher or lower numbers can be set for Actors health, I think Dutchy or Patrick said that there are max and minimal limits to what the AI can have.

Shadowscythe
  • Shadowscythe

OG

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:03 AM

I got an idea , add in DYOMv9 Cutscene actor like : B Dup , bogman , kendl , sweet's girlfriend , Jimmy Silverman , the two Mafia , and add a Drunk Animation

Chips237
  • Chips237

Wide-eyed wanderer

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:30 AM

I got an idea , add in DYOMv9 Cutscene actor like : B Dup , bogman , kendl , sweet's girlfriend , Jimmy Silverman , the two Mafia , and add a Drunk Animation

Sweet's girlfriend is already in the actor list. Plus those actors don't have non-cutscene models so it is impossible to add them unless you use mods. There's already a drunk animation in-game.

Dude1
  • Dude1

*Boom!!!* -Headshot!!!

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:52 PM

So i've got an idea that is like this: You can write down the actors health yourself, instead of having to choose from 250, 500, 1000, 2500. Same with cars. And maybe also write the speed of the cars yourself, like with ammo. Another idea is that you can toggle the police car lights on and off(on cars where they're available) And also with an ability to turn off the radio in cars (for the custom songs to be heard better).

I don't think higher or lower numbers can be set for Actors health, I think Dutchy or Patrick said that there are max and minimal limits to what the AI can have.

No. In sanny builder you can set health like 10  for actors,  no problem. So why should there be a problem with this?

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

Well, I came up with 2 more ideas for the V9 or the upgraded V8, doesn't matter.

Anyway, first one isn't really an idea, but a bug that I already talked about with Patrick - It's the player animation bug where after the cutscene is over and the gameplay kicks in, there are some vehicles which stop the player instantly. So, if the vehicle is moving during the cutscene without fading, when the gameplay kicks in, the player is stopped in his tracks, so that's something that should be fixed in the upcoming version. 

The other idea I thought of is something I missed in some of my previous missions which is why I pretty much don't use it. It's the health bar option. It would be cool to add an option to re-name that ''HEALTH'' sign and write what the health bar stands for or who. When it says just ''HEALTH'', it's somewhat confusing.

ProdigyX34
  • ProdigyX34

DYOM Race Designer ProDX34

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:36 AM

Well... i've got more ideas for DYOM V9, I hope it's worth well enough...

1. Validation mission feature :

You know... some designers (and some idiots) always make a mission which is unfinished, hard mission with require some cheats for completing, and mission with a full of bugs (especially actor's balls) then uploaded it to the website arbitrarily, its pathetic for me. So i suggest this feature and can be useful, because after done editing the mission, designer MUST test his/her own mission first from start to end without using any cheat for approving the validation of mission, after the validation is complete, the designer will be able to upload his/her mission with approved validation status to the DYOM website. BUT if there anything change like adding or moving the actor, object or else even it just an inch, the validation will be removed and must test again for approving. This feature will also encourage people to design a better mission

(Note : I got this idea when i'm playing the game named Track mania)

2. Angled cutscene :

Hard to explain this, so i give the picture below for more details

Spoiler

3. More Animations :

- Cuffed animation (similiar with SA:MP) : useful for most designer who wants to design a mission about cops and robbers

- Better Sleep Animation : I saw one of sleep animation which make an actor flying while sleep, needs a fix about it (if it from game, ignore this one)

- Hug, kiss and giving a gift animation : Useful for making a mission about dating

- Drunk walk for actor and player : Already suggested i guess, but this one is what i want for making a mission about hangout

4. Ability to set weapon stats for player

So ridiculous if you play the mission with always begin from poor weapon stats, so this ability will be able for designer to changing the weapon stats for player between Poor, Gangster, and Hitman, very useful for making a mission with themed Army

5. Ability to set amount of shaking strength for cutscene

Sometimes the strength of shaking cutscene can be random (Sometimes small, sometimes big) especially when in low fps

I think that's all the current ideas i can suggest, more may come soon...

• Target13 and theRema like this

Target13
  • Target13

Target locked.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:53 AM

4. Ability to set weapon stats for player

So ridiculous if you play the mission with always begin from poor weapon stats, so this ability will be able for designer to changing the weapon stats for player between Poor, Gangster, and Hitman, very useful for making a mission with themed Army

We totally need this.

Chips237
  • Chips237

Wide-eyed wanderer

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:57 AM

Bugfixes that need to be fixed ASAP

#1: The Invisible Checkpoint Glitch

Explained before..

#2: The Hovering Vehicles Glitch

Happens while designing. All vehicles would hover in the air after testing the mission.

#3: The Copying Text Glitch

Happens when you start a new mission in somebody else's.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:19 AM

Bugfixes that need to be fixed ASAP

#1: The Invisible Checkpoint Glitch

Explained before..

#2: The Hovering Vehicles Glitch

Happens while designing. All vehicles would hover in the air after testing the mission.

#3: The Copying Text Glitch

Happens when you start a new mission in somebody else's.

Besides #1, you can fix these. 

#2 - Edit the car so when it tells you to place the car in the right position, it drops down. After that, press F to escape out of editing mode. 

#3 - Before creating a new mission, select start new game > DYOM. It removes all text from the last mission you played.

ProdigyX34
  • ProdigyX34

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:20 AM

It's the health bar option. It would be cool to add an option to re-name that ''HEALTH'' sign and write what the health bar stands for or who. When it says just ''HEALTH'', it's somewhat confusing.

I agree about this one, sometimes i'm feels confuse when playing another mission made by other people and suddenly a "HEALTH" bar appear without a sign, it can be friend's health or enemy... i don't know :panic: 

so i agree if there an option to rename it instead of just "HEALTH"

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

This never happened to the other fellow.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:34 AM

Ability to set fighting style for player and actors (Boxing, Kung Fu and Muay Thai)

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:26 AM

Invincible setting for an actor - basically, when you set the players health you can make them invicible. This would help for gunfights or shootouts with a character that has to survive or is necessary to the storyline.

New objects, preferably large ones, such as signs, more buildings, roads and highways, larger rocks and monuments. Also more ramps, like the ones in SA:MP stunt servers.

SatournFan
  • SatournFan

Ten Outta Fish

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:57 AM

Invincible setting for an actor - basically, when you set the players health you can make them invicible. This would help for gunfights or shootouts with a character that has to survive or is necessary to the storyline.

This can be done if you set actor's health to 2500, give the player a weak gun, like pistol or Uzi, and set timeout.

Shadowscythe
  • Shadowscythe

OG

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:05 AM

Add more health for actor like 5000 , 7500 - 10000
  • Huzaifa khan likes this

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:58 AM

Another idea I came across the other day is the setting the seconds for time limits. Now it's in 10's, but sometimes the 10 second oscilation between objectives is far too long, so it shouldn't be a big problem to set the time limit seconds oscilation to go 5,10,15,20 etc. rather than 10,20,30,40. 

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:09 PM

Any reason why we can't enter Burger Shot, Exercise, Play basketball, buy guns etc. in free roam? Just wondring if any of this is possible. I can understand haircuts and tattoos, but it would be pretty cool to do side activities in DYOM. 

Chips237
  • Chips237

Wide-eyed wanderer

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:31 PM

Except for buying guns, all of those listed above can affect player stats which may or may not cause rather disturbing glitches depending on the actor model.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:56 PM

Except for buying guns, all of those listed above can affect player stats which may or may not cause rather disturbing glitches depending on the actor model.

Can you elaborate on these "disturbing glitches?" 

SatournFan
  • SatournFan

Ten Outta Fish

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:58 PM Edited by Boris The Vodka, 03 May 2014 - 03:00 PM.

Can you elaborate on these "disturbing glitches?" 

hqdefault.jpgmqdefault.jpg

This may happen to the playermodel. It will turn into a disfigured CJ, since none of the actors besides CJ can wear haircuts, tattoos, become skinny, fat, muscly etc.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:07 PM

Welp, there goes my sleep for tonight. 

Back on topic, I think it would be pretty cool to buy weapons from Ammunation in and out of free roam. Don't worry,  I don't want gyms or burger shots anymore *shudders* 

TMWHP
  • TMWHP

Jesse Pinkman

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:40 PM Edited by TMWHP, 04 May 2014 - 09:00 AM.

My ideas:

- Ability to set weapon skill stats.

- Swimming & Drunk animation 

- Objects on cars. (Mission "T-Bone Mendez")

- Following a target (Mission "Key To Her Heart")

- Camera follows object

- Armor on enemies, so you can only kill the enemy if you shooting his/her head. (Mission "The End Of The Line")

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

This never happened to the other fellow.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:35 PM

Because the script for buying weapons, playing basketball, etc is inside the main.scm for the story mode in SA, and is not in the DYOM scm.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:51 PM

It can be imported into DYOM scm. While we were waiting for V7 somewhere in 2012, one guy upgraded and released his DYOM version named DYOM V8 on GTAGarage. It had following features:

• While player is CJ, he's able to change clothes in stores or safe house while in missions or free roam (storyline)
  • You can buy food in stores and weapons in ammo-nation.
  • Drive by can be applied when player is in car (Already possible since V7)
  • New objects (No effects)
  • Bunch of new animations
  • Ability to customize car while on mission or free roam (storyline)

There may be more but i can't remember, his mod was deleted cause of copyright and he was warned. Anyway, there are many things possible to be added in DYOM. What giving us more hope is newest CLEO version. It gave ability to suppress place in codes what is giving Patrick and Dutchy more place for new features. That's how we got V8. I believe there is more place for new version since Patrick once answered on one question about V8 ''Not now, maybe in the future version''. So there are enough chances and possibilities for next version though everything depends of the creators after all. I'm okay with this version though, i appearance their work.  

Action Explorer
  • Action Explorer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:36 PM

my ideas for DYOM next version are followed:

1.    Teleporter
= the two points which act as the teleporters. They will be helpful in creating the missions based on space and/or future

2.    Visual Effect
= The effects were added in Objects list. Some Cutscene movements were added. Now we need are the visual effects e.g Nostalgia or the blood-red effect. These can be helpful in those kind of missions where we are trying to mix the present and past. The present in an ordinary, and past in black/white color.

3.    Chain Animation
= This is the most needed and the most demanded thing in this section. Chain animation would save a lot of time and space we waste in creating multiple actors just for few time-outs/cutscenes.

4.    Combined Animation
= Let's mix the walking animation 1 with the walking animation. That's the mix we got for the NPC's who are acting like they are talking while walking.

5.    More Animations
= Some examples include the cuff animation, hug animation, kiss animation

6.    More Interiors
= During the creation of a remake mission of the mission originally created by my brother, I realized that some interior slots have just been wasted upon the same interiors. The trick used is that those slots have been placed at the different points in the same interiors. Better would be if get repositions to the unused interiors e.g Liberty CIty which many players are asking for.

7.    Meters
= All the meters from the original game should be made available for use in DYOM, if not more. I'm trying to make stealth mission, and I could really use the "sound meter" to detect the level of sound our character is making. The "suspicion meter" can also help us to make the "Hitman" sort of missions.

8.    Boolean Objectives
= This kind of objectives can add immersion to our missions. It can be useful to actually make the missions to meet the conditions. Examples include whether it's 12:00 clock IG time or not. Is the person dead or not. Have we brought enough amount of weed or not.

9.    Choice Objectives
= Choice Objective just like the standard mission where we have to make a choice whether we want the jeep or the sanchez. It can be used for various purposes. To further add the immersion in game. for example, Did we hire any gang member, or did we do it alone?. did we help our friend, or did he die?. Did we succeed in protecting the president, or did he die?. Every check drives the course of the mission.

10.    Optional Objectives
= Basically, the same thing as choice objectives. Only that it does not impact the missions on a greater level, only some minute changes.

11.    Give Weapon
= The exact oppositive of "Remove Weapon". This function can add the space of objectives, where we do "Teleport" and then Choose weapon for them.
This would also just give the player that specified weapon, so we continue playing without changing our character's position.

12.    FS choosing
= This would be great in the way that if we are mentioning learning a different style of fight. We should actually be able to change it. If not in some other way, it can also be added in "Player Objectives".

13.    Stats Control
= Another thing what players are mostly asking for. It provides us the more character customization.
For the non-CJ character, we should be able to set our "weapon skill" levels, and atleast "stamina"?. However, for CJ, the other options should also be customizable.

14.    Weapon Range for NPC's

= As I mentioned, that I'm making a stealth mission.
I want to make that mission in such a way that if the player is spotted by a sniper, they shoot him. but what I noticed is that the NPC's have a pre-defined range, and therefore the snipers are just the brainless drones.
The "Weapon Range" could really help me. This options can be placed in the action settings which pops up after we're done choosing their model, weapon and animation.

15.    Camera Tilting and Shaking

= This is a cutscene behaviour. The camera tilts so we can simulate an earthquake, or we can even simulate a persons death using this behaviour and the "visual effects" I mentioned above in the post.

16.    Conditions and Reactions
= This is for the NPC's. They behave according to the situation. For example. We can set the NPC's to be our friends so that during the mission they don't react when we aim our weapons to them.

17.    Sprint Animations for NPC's
= Once I tried to create a terrorist mission at some part of the mission, we free the prisoners and lead them out, providing them protection from any gun-fire.
It involved the timed explosions, but the lack of Sprint animation messed it up

18.    Car Modding
= When we create a objective/non-objective vehicle. After selecting the model, and then it's color, we should be able to further customize it as well similar to the original game.
Car modding should also be choosable to be able during the mission so we can create GTA-style missions

19.    More Objectives
= This one is a definitive need. We lack objectives, and we have to use the timers and NPC's just to make it up for this.
The "Follow a person" or "scare" from the original game should make their way to DYOM.

20.    Liftable Objects
= This idea comes from the two mission of Ryder. One where we sneak into the house and carry the weapon/ammo crates and place them in our truck.
and the other where we use the forklift to place boxes inside our truck

21.    Attachable Objects
= This idea can change the way the designers design the mission, and the players play it. The objects should be able to spawn as the attachables to the vehicles/NPC's/Structures or other objects.
We can create the Delta Force style missions using this feature.

22.    HintBox
= Self-Explainatory

• theRema likes this

SoftTouch
  • SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:37 PM

Seriously, how are you going to put some of those in, if they aren't even in the game ?

DragonWarrior (DnW)
  • DragonWarrior (DnW)

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night"-DnW

• Members
  • Sri-Lanka

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:06 AM

Seriously, how are you going to put some of those in, if they aren't even in the game ?

Thats why its called a mod, isnt it?

Chips237
  • Chips237

Wide-eyed wanderer

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:47 AM

Thats why its called a mod, isnt it?

DYOM is a mod that uses game materials to create your own mission. If it's not in game, it's not in DYOM.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:28 PM

^Petty much this. DYOM isn't even able to be pushed into mod that allows people to create missions in same standards as original SA missions, and you're asking for things that aren't in game. That's just dead story. You can only ask for something that is in game, but isn't added yet. Nothing more.

QaiserH
  • QaiserH

Dialouges Writer

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:17 AM

Hi guys we are waiting for dyom v9 ther should be some new things in this version 
Ideas
We need some ideas that what should in this version
Like:
Hug kiss(for wedding)
New time explosion
Actors swiming animation
All obects should be destoryable
Actors drunnked animation
And many more 

ProdigyX34
  • ProdigyX34