Ideas

1,278 replies to this topic
123robot
  • 123robot

Homeboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:16 PM

How about the option to add smoke and fire after certain objectives? (Like in Burning Desire and End of the Line.) If you add fire, it can't dissapear unless you use an extinguisher. You can choose if the fire must be put out or not. You can also hide fires and smoke and Spawn it after certain objectives just like cars, actor and pickups.

12jango
  • 12jango

"This is not revenge! This is entertainment!"

• Members

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:34 AM Edited by 12jango, 21 March 2009 - 04:24 PM.

1. The actors actor can be turned into friend, enemy, or neutral after the selected objective.
2. We can gain wanted star levels until kill an actor or hit an objective (off course we can set the wanted star levels).
3. Hey how about this, an animation : actors can be set to shoot/attack something. (Maybe we can set them to attack certain cars/ objects).
4. Can make shadows in any place. (What I mean is like in madd dog's mansion. There are some shadows that you can use them to hide from your enemies, so the enemies won't attack us if we hide in the shadows)
5. Enable to change CJ's cloth from the start or after hit an objective
6. Can enable/disable the cola machines, games, and wardrobes
7. This is what I meant dialogues during the gameplay :
http://www.flickr.co...N07/3368659587/
8. And this is what I meant a marker to start a mission, (I said I wanted that we can put more than 1 missions in 1 DYOM file, and there are some marker in certain places to start a mission)
http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/
9. Please add some behaviour for neutral actor, like : avoid(always running from friend & enemy actors), normal, hold position, attack friend&actor, attack (attacking an actor or player who attack him)
10. Enable to change the player's and actors' fighting style (boxing, kung fu, kick boxing, or standard)
11. Enable to make player do an animation after an objective or we can set the player have to press action (tab) button to do that animation, we can set the time how long the player do an animation.

12jango
  • 12jango

• Members

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:53 AM Edited by 12jango, 21 March 2009 - 02:25 PM.

I can't move the camera when I want to place an object, so it's difficult to place an object to the position that I want. So, can you please make it possible to move the camera (using mouse) when put an object?

And don't forget to add the limit of actors, pickup, cars, object, and objective. (I hope all of that can be added into 150)

12jango
  • 12jango

• Members

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:41 AM

There are only 3 actor types (neutral, enemy, friend)
Please, add 1 more, the behaviour is like this : If 1 of them (the same type) attacked/killed by player, or the player aim a weapon to them, the same type of this actor will go to the player and try to kill the player (you). But still, they have animation, health, weapon, behaviours (normal, hold position, hold&direct, attack direct), accuracy, headshot, like the other. (But I have no idea what is the name of this type)

Reason : I really want to make a mission like in "hitman" mission.

billy7877
  • billy7877

CRAZY Because Design Your Own Mission

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:29 AM Edited by billy7877, 21 March 2009 - 02:31 AM.

When we set Gang, > Friend
-Normal
-Hold Position
-Follow Player
-Must Survive
-Hold Position and Must Survive
-Follow Player and Must Survive
-Hold and Direct
You should add some
-Not attack enemy
-Not attack enemy and Must Survive

And add some option when set Gang > Enemy
-Not attack enemy

For Gang Friend > So the actor that set "Not attack enemy" will never attack your enemy or shoot your enemy.
If it set Not attack enemy and must survive, mean you must cover that actor. If he/she die > Mission Failed!!

For Gang Enemy > So the actor will not shoot you. It will be useful like an actor objective..
use surrender animation but you must kill the actor...!!! So the actor like already surrender.
Sometime if set actor animation surrender, he will still shooting...!!!

12jango
  • 12jango

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:39 PM

Put "Link The Missions>"yes" or "no" at "Mission Menu" , so we can play all the mission in the slot continuously until the end of the slot.

12jango
  • 12jango

• Members

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:23 PM

1. Objectives also can be hide
2. Enable to set actor(s) cannot be leave and we can set the message if we leave an objective car (usually only a message like this : get back in you vehicle"), and also for the actor(s) that cannot be leave.

TNTX32
  • TNTX32

HAAAAAXXX!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:11 PM

- You must take a car to somewhere else with a Towtruck / Tractor.
- No-Limits (after all, if the game crash, it's the designer's problem, let's not put strict lilmits)
- You must use a Forklift to put something in a car, or you just must put something in a car with enter, like in Robbing Uncle Sam.
- Bulgary Missions (home invasion mission)
- Once you got somewhere, or after an objective, a new wanted level appears. Or the current wanted level get down.
- Races (people are riding a car faster to somewhere and you need to be the winner there).
- Just Business Cutscene (there's a slow-motion while a cutscene, and cars can explode.)
- Possibility to make MORE OBJECTIVES ACTORS TO BE KILLED IN THE SAME MOMENT (because we can spawn only one, then the another one... so, bad)

TNTX32
  • TNTX32

HAAAAAXXX!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:24 PM

BTW, it's REALLY, REALLY ANNOYING that you can't move around while selecting cars.

So you want a bike and you need to press Y 150 times, until you see a Big Boat that kill you and f*ck up the camera huh ?

And also, try making a vehicle spawn tool, a real one. It's annoying to press Y 150 times sad.gif

12jango
  • 12jango

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:57 AM

Hey, I ever tried the neutral, enemy, and friend(except follow player and follow player and must survive) cannot swim. So, I think it's better if you put an option to the actors "swim">"yes" or "no"

12jango
  • 12jango

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:10 PM

Hey, I have an idea (it's ok if you refuse this idea)
*I think it will be easy if you put an "free animation" in DYOM for actors and for cars.
So, what I mean with this is if you make an actor, then you choose an animation there will be "free animation", if we choose this one you can do what ever you want for example, shoot on the wall, get inside the car then drive it everywhere, run, jumping, punching, crouching, etc. Then to end it press"R". Then the effect is : during the mission, the actor with that "free animation" will do as you did before shoot on the wall, get inside the car then drive it everywhere, run, jumping, punching, crouching, etc just like what you controlled it before alien.gif alien.gif alien.gif alien.gif

Sniputer
  • Sniputer

IM NOT COMING HERE ANYMORE

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (12jango @ Mar 25 2009, 12:10)
*I think it will be easy if you put an "free animation" in DYOM for actors and for cars.
So, what I mean with this is if you make an actor, then you choose an animation there will be "free animation", if we choose this one you can do what ever you want for example, shoot on the wall, get inside the car then drive it everywhere, run, jumping, punching, crouching, etc. Then to end it press"R". Then the effect is : during the mission, the actor with that "free animation" will do as you did before shoot on the wall, get inside the car then drive it everywhere, run, jumping, punching, crouching, etc just like what you controlled it before alien.gif alien.gif alien.gif alien.gif

"Did you say something?"

billy7877
  • billy7877

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (12jango @ Mar 25 2009, 12:10)

I think Dutch3010 and/or PatrickW will Never Refuse all idea.
But i think they will refuse the idea if the idea is not compatible with the
game engine.

Am I true?? biggrin.gif

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• The Connection
  • Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:38 PM

We will indeed never use and idea. But this suggestion may indeed be a bit hard to implement.
We evaluate all ideas, and pick those that are really missing from the mod, and are feasible.

We try not to over-complicate the mod with things that would only be used now and than.
We created this mod, because we wanted to enable much more people to create missions for GTA,
So we try to keep it as simple as possible with enough features to create a wide variety of missions.

Thorium
  • Thorium

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:37 PM

Ideas: 1. Some behaviours for cars, like, Must Destroy or something, where we need to destroy the car,
2. More weapons to choose for actors (Not only one)

EDIT: number 3 was already suggested by the guy that used the 3 alien smileys up there,

12jango
  • 12jango

• Members

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:48 AM

It's difficult to select/edit actors, objectives, cars, objects, pickups that stand in one place. So, why don't you add something like this ; actor>edit>then there will be a list contain the name of actors that we have placed ex; actor1, actor2,actor3,etc. Then it's the same thing for spawn/hide/delete actor. So, we will not make a mistake when we select,delete, or spaw/hide.
For objectives, pickups, cars, etc are also same like this.

123robot
  • 123robot

Homeboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (12jango @ Mar 26 2009, 02:48)
It's difficult to select/edit actors, objectives, cars, objects, pickups that stand in one place. So, why don't you add something like this ; actor>edit>then there will be a list contain the name of actors that we have placed ex; actor1, actor2,actor3,etc. Then it's the same thing for spawn/hide/delete actor. So, we will not make a mistake when we select,delete, or spaw/hide.
For objectives, pickups, cars, etc are also same like this.

I have this problem too when hiding an actor that stands in the same place as another. (Or near.)

Jackal1337
  • Jackal1337

Gayest Boy in Town

• Members

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:01 PM

ability to have multiple objective actors

btw dutchy are u really female? biggrin.gif

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:49 PM

Yes, I am. Is it that strange?

Jackal1337
  • Jackal1337

Gayest Boy in Town

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:50 AM

QUOTE (Dutchy3010 @ Mar 26 2009, 18:49)

usually women arent interested in coding tounge.gif

Sniputer
  • Sniputer

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (Jackal1337 @ Mar 27 2009, 04:50)
QUOTE (Dutchy3010 @ Mar 26 2009, 18:49)

usually women arent interested in coding tounge.gif

Womans don't like guns and all this except one girl from my class... just owns a airsoft AK47 biggrin.gif

Jackal1337
  • Jackal1337

Gayest Boy in Town

• Members

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:09 AM

add pills those slow time, i know they are in game, make them as pickup

Flawless92
  • Flawless92

>.>

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:20 PM

here is an idea for The new version of DYOM:

Select Character's voice: It's kinda strange for any character especially a woman, or a character like Sweet for ex. to have CJ's voice, so I was thinking we would be able to have that option in the next version

12jango
  • 12jango

• Members

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:32 PM

1. The player > Can be set the armor and multiple equipments from the first time we start.
2. The actor > Also can have parachute, and also can use it.
3. I'm sure that you already know about one of GTA's mission that the objective is use a camera and take a picture of a person. So, I hope you will add this one to your DYOM.

nuke80
  • nuke80

Hated By All........COOL

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:19 PM Edited by nuke80, 28 March 2009 - 03:23 PM.

Definitely - The ability of moving the cam and the peds in the cutscenes. bored.gif

EDIT: And hey i just looked at your Post, The first ever Femaleplayer of GTA???? confused.gif confused.gif

I think ur lying sneaky2.gif

billy7877
  • billy7877

• Members

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:47 PM

I believe dutch3010 is real female cuz not only male like game killing and shooting.

But my idea is add Multiple feature and actor>must die before objective continue

-Multiple Feature
1. Add multiple actor/car/object
We only need set the settings one time then press Y to add the actor and press F to finish adding the actor same
thing like if you add multiple car and multiple object.

: and the actor available like this opcode
Player can hold a cellphone
0729: AS_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR hold_cellphone 1

Actor action un-interrupted by weapon fire
0946: set_actor 1@ actions_uninterupted_by_weapon_fire 1

Yes... I learn Sanny Builder too... And I really confused about the opcode... hehe!! biggrin.gif
You should and feature at the opcode.

So
-player can use cellphone to make a dialoge
-the actor action will not interrupted by weapon fire... Such as if the actor shoot by M4..
When at short range, if you shoot the actor, him/her action will interrupted... So, if this setting is
on, him/her action will not interrupted.

Also don't forget to add some icon at the radar!!!
And give effect like light (Like the mission at General Dillema). The light is spot the entrance to the Area69.
Blood effect and fire effect...
Actor can drive a car...
Wooohhh........ Too much idea............... from other people too.......

Are you don't get confused because there are a lot people request the idea??

TNTX32
  • TNTX32

HAAAAAXXX!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:06 PM

We are all lazy, I know that.

Sniputer stop with the "" things, it's really unfunny and you won't get anyone.

- You need to chase and kill a multiple amount of cars. And get the pickups that they had while driving.

Sniputer
  • Sniputer

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (TNTX32 @ Mar 28 2009, 19:06)
We are all lazy, I know that.

Sniputer stop with the "" things, it's really unfunny and you won't get anyone.

- You need to chase and kill a multiple amount of cars. And get the pickups that they had while driving.

"You can't stop me!"

darbeli0
  • darbeli0

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:36 PM Edited by darbeli0, 01 April 2009 - 05:38 PM.

- Kill all actors objective. (You must kill all actors before this objective)

- Other actors can use vehicles

- Our friends using car and we make drive-by (First desinger drive to way ,if he make bad drive , actor(bot) too)

- Usable objects. (Ex. basketball....) ---- But not needed . This is for making more fun.

- Multiple "kill actor objective" -------- Ex. Kill Ryder and Smoke.

- Multiple "checkpoint" ------- Ex. Go here or go there.

- Wait(survive) ** sec. for complate objective. (Survive objective)

- World bounders.

- Player sound changing for his/her skin. ----- Not needed . But if you can do this the game gives more fun.

- Actors (Bots) can be hitman for some weapons. (Ex. Duel Pistol)

- We can change CJ Clotes

Thanks

12jango
  • 12jango

• Members

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:55 AM

Hey, I wanna request something to you Dutchy and PatrickW. If you don't mind could you try to upload your own mission?? I'm really curious about your ability to make missions. alien.gif alien.gif alien.gif alien.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users