• None

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:07 PM

i dont have Manhunt so probably not

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

Slamman's distant relative

• Members

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:32 PM

Ok, Im not trying to be rude here, but to get the point across, I'm gonna use capital letters:
THIS CITY HAS NEXT TO NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GAME MANHUNT, IT MERELY USES THE NAME "CARCER CITY" BECAUSE BAM HEARD THIS NAME IN GTA III AND THOUGHT IT WAS A COOL NAME FOR A CITY smile.gif

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:18 PM

I know this is a double post, but oh well, theb topic won't get noticed otherwise tounge.gif .
Spent the last couple of hours making a simple skatepark in Sketchup. Take note that I did not have the time to find some decent graffitti textures, so the ramps are just plain wood, and there are no railings on the ramps, but Im hoping Bam may fix this later on if he want's to put it in-game (He doesn't know about it yet, Shhh smile.gif )
Any-hoo, render time!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Tell me what you think!

CF33

atsike7
  • atsike7

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:20 PM

Holy f*ck! That skatepark looks great!

Kowaah
  • Kowaah

Pseudo-Rendered

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:22 PM

Nice skatepark you got here. but the wood texture doesn't looks that realistic. and when adding graffitis, then is needed to replace wood texture on ramps with those rushed one with white brake lines.

Hope you understand me. moto_whistle.gif

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:09 PM

Atsike: Thanks man smile.gif .
Kowahh: Yeah, I know what you mean, but those textures are only on the model to make the ramps not just blank, if you know what I mean smile.gif . The textures should be totally different if Bam can male them, otherwise I'll have to try smile.gif .

Thanks for the replies!

CF33

Kowaah
  • Kowaah

Pseudo-Rendered

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:30 PM

Yeah, got it. wink.gif

FoXar
  • FoXar

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:20 PM

Looking pretty decent, could use some more texturing and uvw mapping as I told you before.

Grats..
FoXy..

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:20 PM

Thanks for the reply FoXar, I'll take your advice into account tomorrow, when I might take another render if I still haven't seen Bam tounge.gif .

Little update:
(The trees are NOT mine and will NOT be in the final version because I got them from the Sketchup warehouse, I am only using them to make the render look a little more interesting. I also know how badly the cracked concrete texture is tiling, but again, it's only there to stop a blank void from filling the render tounge.gif .)

user posted image

Evj
  • Evj

Оптик

• Members

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:52 AM

Nice ,respect.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:47 AM

cf33, your making me look bad tounge.gif , anyway ye sure il retexture the ramps and pipes if you want and have it ingame, also can i use the trees as genric models too?

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

• Members

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:50 AM

cf33, your making me look bad tounge.gif

Hehe tounge.gif .
Yeah, I'll be on Msn in a minute, then I'll send smile.gif . Sorry, but the trees aren't mine they're from the internet and just in the render to make it look better smile.gif .
CF33

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:02 AM

no my new mate kowaah has been very kindly modeling and editing some cars to fit the style fo Carcer, here are some screenies

New blista
user posted image

and my favourite car ever, the new mafia sentinel
user posted image

Evj
  • Evj

Оптик

• Members

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:22 AM

Niice. smile.gif

OG__Jay
  • OG__Jay

The Main Man

• Members

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:32 AM

Please dont put these trees right infront of the ramps. smile.gif You shouldnt put things infront of the ramps. wink.gif

MisterEuro
  • MisterEuro

Playa

• Members

Posted 14 March 2009 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (cold fusion 33 @ Mar 13 2009, 23:20)
Thanks for the reply FoXar, I'll take your advice into account tomorrow, when I might take another render if I still haven't seen Bam tounge.gif .

Little update:
(The trees are NOT mine and will NOT be in the final version because I got them from the Sketchup warehouse, I am only using them to make the render look a little more interesting. I also know how badly the cracked concrete texture is tiling, but again, it's only there to stop a blank void from filling the render tounge.gif .)

Dude , the tiling is perfect , I barely see the texture repeating itself.

orgcon
  • orgcon

Kree!

• Members

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:56 PM

Is it just my eyes monocle.gif or are those new mafia sentinels tunable? biggrin.gif Even though they are/were washingtons lol.gif

Its looking better all the time, the only thing I don't really like (even though its a nice model don't get me wrong) the skate park isn't right! confused.gif If you ever played SA as I'm sure you have, you would of noticed that the half pipes were never long enough, and all you've done is made them exactly the same, so they will be just as crap to ride! ...sorry sad.gif I know that park would be bad ass to ride in real life no dout about it, its just that it won't work in game, cause of SA's crap physics cryani.gif
I'm sorry to say this, but if you wan't a ridable and enjoyable skate/bmx park you'll have to try again nervous.gif
Longer pipes biggar ramps, on more than one level. If you want a hand planning a park that'll work with SA's crap physics that'll be more fun, I'm more than happy to help you biggrin.gif icon14.gif Its up to you though as I know its not important cool.gif

Kowaah
  • Kowaah

Pseudo-Rendered

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (orgcon @ Mar 14 2009, 14:56)
Is it just my eyes monocle.gif or are those new mafia sentinels tunable? biggrin.gif Even though they are/were washingtons lol.gif

Well, back is Washington looking, and this is mostly using Washington textures.
And yea, it's tunable. turn.gif

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

• Members

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:52 PM

Ah, thanks for being honest Orgcon smile.gif . I am in no way a skater myself, so it was hard for me to make a Skate Park, and I knew I had done something things that were probably wrong, or didn't work properly, so I'm glad you mentioned it smile.gif . Trouble is, Bam has the model now, so let's just hope he see's this post and may be able to change the ramps before the model goes in-game!

Kowaah: Those cars look great man!

CF33

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:37 PM

user posted imageah damn, lol i literally just converted, im sure il find some way of correcting it though, here's a pic anyhow

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

• Members

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:10 PM

Wow man, looking good to see it in-game smile.gif . Shame about the texturing bug on the ramps... Oh well, life's full of challenges for us to face!
CF33

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

• Members

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:06 PM

Sorry to double post, but well, a little update calls!

Just a simple swing and slide, I was designing earlier:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Tell me what you guys think!

Snakesmeller
  • Snakesmeller

Have some pot.

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:53 PM

notify.gif notify.gif notify.gif notify.gif notify.gif notify.gif notify.gif notify.gif GOD!!!!!!!! thats f*ckin awesome god keep it up! icon14.gif

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:55 AM

nice slide looks nice 4 bike stunts i just finished a prison il post pics soon

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

• Members

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:43 PM

Nice, are the pics ready?
Cold Fusion

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:19 PM

ok fresh outta the oven, after some col bugs i got the Prison in game, oh and ignore the sewer poking through its not its position i just needed somewhere to test it, oh and i also stamped on the new logo, let me knwo what you think about it tounge.gif

user posted image

P.S: its Carcer Penitientary for anyone interested colgate.gif

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

• Members

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:41 PM

Ah wow, looking very nice there Bam smile.gif . Great to see how well this is coming along smile.gif . Can't wait until I can play on it myself smile.gif .

Im planning on making another building tonight, I just have no idea what building to make... Inspiration exahaustion me thinks tounge.gif .

Cold Fusion

coasterdude184
  • coasterdude184

Save a cow, eat a vegetarian

• Members

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:19 PM

This is why I usually let you do the texturing.

http://img5.imagesha...rocerystore.jpg

Sh*te board won't let the file extension work

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

• Members

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:34 PM

Oh f*ck yes! I got 3ds MAX! Now all I have to do is get Bam to teach me how to get models in-game and progress should/could be better!

Nice looking grocery store there Coaster smile.gif . I don't know what you mean about the textures, it looks fine smile.gif .

Cold Fusion

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:30 PM

cf33 conversions easy il teach you 2moro and i got a rather large update comin too tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users